|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Brigham hoping happens while he is away from Serena?
(a) He hopes she is not there when he returns.
(b) He hopes she misses him.
(c) He hopes he gets over the way he feels about her.
(d) He hopes he forgets her.
2. What does Brigham think when he sees Serena with blood on her dress?
(a) That she hurts herself.
(b) That she kills someone.
(c) That she is butchering a hog.
(d) That she is attacked by a man.
3. How does Brigham thank Serena for taking care of his wound?
(a) He gives her a hug.
(b) He writes her a thank you note.
(c) He kisses her hand.
(d) He shakes her hand.
4. What does Brigham think about Serena while she tends his wound?
(a) She has the body of a fashion model.
(b) She has the face of an angel and the soul of a witch.
(c) She is an evil woman.
(d) She has the strength of a man.
5. Who lives at Glenfinnan?
(a) The Camerons.
(b) The MacDonalds.
(c) The Campbells.
(d) The Stuarts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Brigham asks Ian if he marries Serena?
2. Why does Serena say she wishes she were a man?
3. What does Brigham do to Serena that he feels the need to apologize for?
4. In Chapter Four, what does Brigham say about Serena's insults since he arrives?
5. In the opening of Chapter Five, what is Coll complaining about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brigham risk as he helps the Scottish Highland clans prepare for war against England?
2. How does Serena get Coll to eat while he is complaining about the food in Chapter Three?
3. What happens when Brigham orders Parkins to stay behind while he goes with Ian to meet with the Highland clans?
4. Why is Brigham disturbed by the way Serena treats him in Chapter Two?
5. What is unusual about Serena's behavior as she sits in front of the fire with her mother brushing her hair?
6. What is Brigham's dream?
7. Why doesn't Serena like Brigham in spite of the fact that he got her brother to safety after being wounded?
8. What does Brigham realize after getting over the shock of seeing Serena with blood all over her skirt?
9. How does Maggie tease Serena when she does nothing but deny any interest in Brigham?
10. What happens when Brigham sees Serena leaving the barn with blood all over her skirt?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)