|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Over Brighan's breakfast, who does Fiona say asks to see him?
2. Why does Gwen tell Brigham he needs rest?
(a) Because she wants to get him away from Serena.
(b) Because she is afraid he'd awaken Coll.
(c) Because Brigham looks terrible himself.
(d) Because he is wounded and stays up all night with Coll.
3. In Chapter Six, why is Fiona more concerned about Serena than her other children?
(a) Because she is a sickly child.
(b) Because of Serena's temper and a heart that is easily hurt.
(c) Because of her stubborness.
(d) Because she always manages to get into trouble.
4. Who sends the letter to Brigham that Coll is so anxious to read?
(a) Mary MacDonald.
(b) Captain Standish.
(c) Ian MacGregor.
(d) Prince Charles Stuart.
5. What happens when Serena tries a similar trick on Brigham and pretends to slip while carrying milk to the house?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) When he comments she's sturdy as a mule, she spills a bucket of milk over his head.
(c) She argues that she's perfectly capable of doing the work.
(d) He acts like she needs help to do her work.
Short Answer Questions
1. As he brushes the horses, what does Malcolm tell Brigham to do?
2. How does Brigham reply when Fiona asks if she should leave or stay while he eats breakfast?
3. What happens to Serena when Brigham finally kisses her in Chapter Four?
4. What does Coll tell Maggie after she finally gets his attention?
5. What does Maggie say when Coll finally asks her to marry him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Coll's reaction when Maggie MacDonald arrives at Glenroe for a visit with her friends?
2. When are bagpipes most often used?
3. Why does Brigham threaten to throw Serena into the water?
4. What is Serena thinking about as she churns butter hard enough to turn it rancid?
5. How does Maggie tease Serena when she does nothing but deny any interest in Brigham?
6. How does Brigham get along with Ian MacGregor, Serena and Coll's father?
7. Why does Brigham remind his groom, Jem, to remember Malcolm is young and impressionable?
8. As Serena tends to Brigham's wound, what does she discover?
9. What does Fiona tell Serena about meeting her father that surprises Serena?
10. What happens when Brigham sees Serena leaving the barn with blood all over her skirt?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)