|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Serena greet Brigham when he arrives at Glenroe?
(a) She shakes his hand.
(b) She's happy he saves her brother.
(c) Very ungraciously.
(d) She kisses his cheek.
2. What is Brigham Langston's title?
(a) The fourth earl of Ashburn.
(b) Captain Langston.
(c) Duke of Langston.
(d) Duke of Earle.
3. Why does Brighan's driver, Jem, look in on Malcolm's horse?
(a) Because Brigham wants to buy Malcolm's horse.
(b) Because Jem is a veternarian.
(c) Because Marcolm's horse is expecting to foal soon.
(d) Because Malcolm's horse is sick.
4. What does Serena do to Brigham that has him lifting her off her feet?
(a) She spits on him.
(b) She kicks him in the shin.
(c) She slaps his face.
(d) She curses at him.
5. What does Serena think about Brigham being a blue blood?
(a) It only makes him an aristocrat.
(b) All the answers are correct.
(c) It doesn't make him a gentleman.
(d) It doesn't make him qualtiy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What secret wish does Serena have that means she has to go to confession?
2. What does Serena think about while she rests from her ride?
3. How does Serena reply when Brigham chastises her about the way she treats him since he arrives?
4. Why does Serena say she wishes she were a man?
5. Why does Brigham give Serena his handkerchief?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Brigham remind his groom, Jem, to remember Malcolm is young and impressionable?
2. What is Coll's reaction when Maggie MacDonald arrives at Glenroe for a visit with her friends?
3. What does Brigham realize after getting over the shock of seeing Serena with blood all over her skirt?
4. Why is Brigham disturbed by the way Serena treats him in Chapter Two?
5. What happens when Brigham sees Serena leaving the barn with blood all over her skirt?
6. As Serena tends to Brigham's wound, what does she discover?
7. Why does Fiona tell Serena to take the younger children and hide in the nursery?
8. When are bagpipes most often used?
9. What is Serena thinking about as she churns butter hard enough to turn it rancid?
10. How does Serena get Coll to eat while he is complaining about the food in Chapter Three?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)