|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Serena say about English blood?
(a) English blood runs blue.
(b) English blood runs yellow.
(c) English blood runs thin.
(d) English blood runs cold.
2. How does Brigham thank Serena for taking care of his wound?
(a) He writes her a thank you note.
(b) He kisses her hand.
(c) He shakes her hand.
(d) He gives her a hug.
3. Who are the Jacobites?
(a) English who are loyal to the current King.
(b) People who come from Jacoba.
(c) English who are loyal to James Stuart.
(d) Scottish rebels.
4. Why does Brighan's driver, Jem, look in on Malcolm's horse?
(a) Because Brigham wants to buy Malcolm's horse.
(b) Because Marcolm's horse is expecting to foal soon.
(c) Because Jem is a veternarian.
(d) Because Malcolm's horse is sick.
5. Who arrives in Brigham's carriage?
(a) One of the Campbells.
(c) Maggie MacDonald.
(d) Prince Charles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Serena think about Brigham being a blue blood?
2. How does Brigham reply to Coll's complaints in Chapter Five?
3. How does Brigham reply when Coll seems impatient for the war to begin?
4. How does Fiona explain how she know when she is in love?
5. Why does Brigham give Serena his handkerchief?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Brigham sees Serena dancing with the other men?
2. What is unusual about Serena's behavior as she sits in front of the fire with her mother brushing her hair?
3. What does Brigham risk as he helps the Scottish Highland clans prepare for war against England?
4. After Brigham mentions his upcoming trip to London, what happens to Serena's mood? Why? What affect does her mood have on Brigham?
5. What happens when Brigham orders Parkins to stay behind while he goes with Ian to meet with the Highland clans?
6. How does Maggie tease Serena when she does nothing but deny any interest in Brigham?
7. As Serena tends to Brigham's wound, what does she discover?
8. What does Brigham realize after getting over the shock of seeing Serena with blood all over her skirt?
9. When are bagpipes most often used?
10. What happens when Serena is by the water daydreaming about Brigham in Chapter Five?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)