|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who catches Serena and Brigham kissing when she's supposed to be doing laundry?
2. In the morning at the beginning of Chapter Three, what is Brigham thinking about his valet?
(a) That Parkins insist he purchases all new clothing.
(b) That Parkins shoot him for tearing his coat.
(c) That Parkins cringe to see the condition of his clothing.
(d) That Parkins laugh at the way he looks.
3. Why does Serena say she wishes she were a man?
(a) Because then she doesn't have to sit and wait.
(b) Because then she would never have to have a baby.
(c) Because then she could be head of the house.
(d) Because then she could ride in breeches.
4. What does Serena say when Brigham introduces himself to her mother?
(a) "He saves Coll's life".
(b) "Any friend of Coll's is a friend of mine".
(c) "He's a rat and can't be trusted".
(d) "He's English".
5. What does Maggie say when Coll finally asks her to marry him?
(a) She waits all her life for him to ask.
(b) She is too young to get married.
(c) She wants to think about it.
(d) She is betrothed to another man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brigham notice about Maggie MacDonald?
2. What secret wish does Serena have that means she has to go to confession?
3. How does Fiona explain how she know when she is in love?
4. In Chapter Four why does Mrs. Drummond make certain Fiona doesn't hear what she is saying to Serena?
5. What does Serena do to Brigham that has him lifting her off her feet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brigham risk as he helps the Scottish Highland clans prepare for war against England?
2. What surprises Brigham about Serena when he realizes she is reading Macbeth?
3. Why does Fiona tell Serena to take the younger children and hide in the nursery?
4. What surprises Serena about Brigham's kisses?
5. How does Brigham get along with Ian MacGregor, Serena and Coll's father?
6. How does Serena get Coll to eat while he is complaining about the food in Chapter Three?
7. What does Brigham realize after getting over the shock of seeing Serena with blood all over her skirt?
8. What is Serena thinking about as she churns butter hard enough to turn it rancid?
9. What happens when Brigham sees how Serena looks at the ball?
10. What is Coll's reaction when Maggie MacDonald arrives at Glenroe for a visit with her friends?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)