|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives in Brigham's carriage?
(a) One of the Campbells.
(b) Prince Charles.
(c) Maggie MacDonald.
2. Why does Brighan's driver, Jem, look in on Malcolm's horse?
(a) Because Brigham wants to buy Malcolm's horse.
(b) Because Marcolm's horse is expecting to foal soon.
(c) Because Jem is a veternarian.
(d) Because Malcolm's horse is sick.
3. Who tries to pacify Coll saying they take him for a walk?
4. What happens while Maggie and Gwen are pinning up Serena's dress for the ball?
(a) They talk about all the men they meet at the ball.
(b) They giggle and act silly.
(c) They talk about Brigham and tease Serena about him.
(d) They end up arguing over Brigham.
5. What does Brigham do to Serena that he feels the need to apologize for?
(a) Brigham kisses Serena.
(b) Brigham scolds Serena.
(c) Brigham laughs at Serena.
(d) Brigham slaps Serena.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Fiona explain how she know when she is in love?
2. How does Fiona respond when Serena says she wishes she is more like her or Gwen?
3. At the very end of Chapter Eight, what does Brigham promise Serena after telling her he goes back to London in two days?
4. Who catches Serena and Brigham kissing when she's supposed to be doing laundry?
5. What does Brigham think about Serena while she tends his wound?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Brigham sees Serena dancing with the other men?
2. What surprise does Brigham have when he comes to in the cave?
3. What surprises Serena about Brigham's kisses?
4. What happens in the fight just south of Stirling regarding the battle and the personal toll?
5. After Brigham mentions his upcoming trip to London, what happens to Serena's mood? Why? What affect does her mood have on Brigham?
6. What is Serena struggling with during the three weeks in Holyrood House?
7. Where does the family go now that the cave is no longer safe?
8. Why doesn't Serena like Brigham in spite of the fact that he got her brother to safety after being wounded?
9. What happens when Brigham orders Parkins to stay behind while he goes with Ian to meet with the Highland clans?
10. Why is Brigham disturbed by the way Serena treats him in Chapter Two?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)