|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Two, what does Fiona order Serena to do?
(a) To show proper respect to a guest.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) To care for Brigham's wound.
(d) To provide Brigham with a meal.
2. What does Brigham think when he sees Serena with blood on her dress?
(a) That she kills someone.
(b) That she hurts herself.
(c) That she is attacked by a man.
(d) That she is butchering a hog.
3. Who shows up while Serena is resting from her ride in Chapter Four?
(a) The Campbells.
4. Why is there blood on Serena's dress in Chapter Five?
(a) Because she is hurt.
(b) Because she helps with the birth of a foal.
(c) Because she is butchering.
(d) Because she hurts herself.
5. How does Serena reply when Brigham chastises her about the way she treats him since he arrives?
(a) He doesn't speak to her that way.
(b) She isn't going to stop.
(c) There is worse to come.
(d) She is giving him what he deserves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Serena say about English blood?
2. What happens to Coll when he sees Maggie MacDonald in Chapter Seven?
3. What Gaelic term does Serena call Brigham?
4. What does Serena do when her mother is slapped by a Dragoon?
5. What does Fiona tell her children to do when the English Dragoons arrive?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Brigham get along with Ian MacGregor, Serena and Coll's father?
2. What surprises Serena about Brigham's kisses?
3. Why does Brigham threaten to throw Serena into the water?
4. Why does the Captain beat and rape Fiona?
5. What does Brigham risk as he helps the Scottish Highland clans prepare for war against England?
6. What surprises Brigham about Serena when he realizes she is reading Macbeth?
7. When are bagpipes most often used?
8. What happens when Brigham sees how Serena looks at the ball?
9. What does Fiona tell Serena about meeting her father that surprises Serena?
10. What is unusual about Serena's behavior as she sits in front of the fire with her mother brushing her hair?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)