|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Brigham upset with Parkins again?
(a) He doesn't like the way Parkins is bossing him around.
(b) Parkins insists on joining him and Ian.
(c) Brigham wants Parkins to return to London.
(d) Parkins wants him to wear his fanciest clothes for the long journey.
2. How does Brigham reply to Coll's complaints in Chapter Five?
(a) He tells Coll he's the lucky one.
(b) He tells Coll he isn't well enough.
(c) He tells Coll he'll be able to ride again soon.
(d) He tells Coll to stop being a big baby.
3. Who arrives in Brigham's carriage?
(a) Prince Charles.
(b) One of the Campbells.
(d) Maggie MacDonald.
4. Why does Gwen tell Brigham he needs rest?
(a) Because she wants to get him away from Serena.
(b) Because she is afraid he'd awaken Coll.
(c) Because Brigham looks terrible himself.
(d) Because he is wounded and stays up all night with Coll.
5. Why does Brigham give Serena his handkerchief?
(a) Because Serena sneezes.
(b) Because she has a cold.
(c) Because Serena starts to cry.
(d) Because she smears her lipstick when she kisses him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brigham think about Serena while she tends his wound?
2. What does Coll do when Ian tells them he invites Maggie MacDonald to visit?
3. What does Serena wear when she sneaks out of the house to go for a ride on her horse?
4. Who shows up while Serena is resting from her ride in Chapter Four?
5. What does Brigham insist when he sees Parkins?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Serena like riding her horse while wearing breeches?
2. What happens when Brigham orders Parkins to stay behind while he goes with Ian to meet with the Highland clans?
3. What is Serena thinking about as she churns butter hard enough to turn it rancid?
4. Why does Fiona tell Serena to take the younger children and hide in the nursery?
5. What happens when Brigham sees Serena dancing with the other men?
6. What happens when Brigham sees Serena leaving the barn with blood all over her skirt?
7. Why is Brigham disturbed by the way Serena treats him in Chapter Two?
8. What surprises Brigham about Serena when he realizes she is reading Macbeth?
9. What does Brigham risk as he helps the Scottish Highland clans prepare for war against England?
10. What is unusual about Serena's behavior as she sits in front of the fire with her mother brushing her hair?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)