|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who lives at Glenfinnan?
(a) The Campbells.
(b) The Camerons.
(c) The MacDonalds.
(d) The Stuarts.
2. What happens when Serena tries a similar trick on Brigham and pretends to slip while carrying milk to the house?
(a) She argues that she's perfectly capable of doing the work.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) He acts like she needs help to do her work.
(d) When he comments she's sturdy as a mule, she spills a bucket of milk over his head.
3. What does Brigham suddenly realize after Serena admits she wishes she goes with him and her father?
(a) He loves her.
(b) He is tired of fighting with her.
(c) He wants to get away from her.
(d) He dislikes her spunk and spirit.
4. How does Brigham thank Serena for taking care of his wound?
(a) He writes her a thank you note.
(b) He shakes her hand.
(c) He kisses her hand.
(d) He gives her a hug.
5. What does Serena think about while she rests from her ride?
(a) Fancy London balls.
(b) The impending war.
(c) Coll's injury.
(d) The work that still needs to be done.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Brigham reply to Coll's complaints in Chapter Five?
2. What does Coll tell Maggie after she finally gets his attention?
3. What does Serena insist Malcolm do when he wants to visit Coll?
4. What is Serena's special place to go when she is troubled?
5. Who tries to pacify Coll saying they take him for a walk?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Brigham's dream?
2. What surprises Brigham about Serena when he realizes she is reading Macbeth?
3. What does Brigham realize after getting over the shock of seeing Serena with blood all over her skirt?
4. What does Fiona tell Serena about meeting her father that surprises Serena?
5. Why does Fiona tell Serena to take the younger children and hide in the nursery?
6. Why does Brigham threaten to throw Serena into the water?
7. What is Coll's reaction when Maggie MacDonald arrives at Glenroe for a visit with her friends?
8. How does Serena get Coll to eat while he is complaining about the food in Chapter Three?
9. When Brigham says he wants Serena in Chapter Seven, what does she assume he means?
10. What happens when Brigham sees how Serena looks at the ball?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)