|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Coll when he sees Maggie MacDonald in Chapter Seven?
(a) He's angry because she always annoys him.
(b) He's annoyed because she ignores him.
(c) He's annoyed because she looks too eager to see him.
(d) He's stunned at how she's grown into such a beautiful woman.
2. Why is there blood on Serena's dress in Chapter Five?
(a) Because she helps with the birth of a foal.
(b) Because she is hurt.
(c) Because she hurts herself.
(d) Because she is butchering.
3. What does Serena think about while she rests from her ride?
(a) Fancy London balls.
(b) Coll's injury.
(c) The impending war.
(d) The work that still needs to be done.
4. Where does Fiona suggest Brigham have his breakfast?
(a) In the dining room.
(b) In the parlor.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In his room.
5. What happens to Coll when he and Brigham fight off their attackers in Chapter One?
(a) He sets a trap in case the men return.
(b) He falls off his horse and hits his head.
(c) He is seriously wounded.
(d) He celebrates their victory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What secret wish does Serena have that means she has to go to confession?
2. Why does Gwen take charge when they get Coll into the house?
3. Who shows up while Serena is resting from her ride in Chapter Four?
4. What does Serena do when her mother is slapped by a Dragoon?
5. What does Fiona tell her children to do when the English Dragoons arrive?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Brigham's dream?
2. What happens when Brigham sees how Serena looks at the ball?
3. How does Brigham get along with Ian MacGregor, Serena and Coll's father?
4. Why does Brigham remind his groom, Jem, to remember Malcolm is young and impressionable?
5. How does Maggie tease Serena when she does nothing but deny any interest in Brigham?
6. What does Brigham risk as he helps the Scottish Highland clans prepare for war against England?
7. What is unusual about Serena's behavior as she sits in front of the fire with her mother brushing her hair?
8. Why does Brigham threaten to throw Serena into the water?
9. What happens when Brigham orders Parkins to stay behind while he goes with Ian to meet with the Highland clans?
10. What happens when Serena is by the water daydreaming about Brigham in Chapter Five?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)