|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Brigham finally dances with Serena, what does he tell her he is trying to figure out?
(a) If she waits for him when he goes to war.
(b) If she looks more lovely in the green gown or in breeches.
(c) If she dances as well as she rides.
(d) If she loves him as much as he loves her.
2. In Chapter Six, why is Fiona more concerned about Serena than her other children?
(a) Because she is a sickly child.
(b) Because she always manages to get into trouble.
(c) Because of Serena's temper and a heart that is easily hurt.
(d) Because of her stubborness.
3. What does Ian plan to disguise the meeting of the clans?
(a) A picnic with a boar roast.
(b) A wedding and he invites all the friendly clans.
(c) A birthday party because he's turning fifty.
(d) A ball because both Maggie and Serena are of marrying age.
4. What is Brigham hoping happens while he is away from Serena?
(a) He hopes she misses him.
(b) He hopes she is not there when he returns.
(c) He hopes he forgets her.
(d) He hopes he gets over the way he feels about her.
5. What does Serena insist Malcolm do when he wants to visit Coll?
(a) Take a nap.
(b) Go outside.
(c) Change his dirty shoes.
(d) Get washed up.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the morning at the beginning of Chapter Three, what is Brigham thinking about his valet?
2. What does Brigham think when he sees Serena with blood on her dress?
3. What happens to Serena when Brigham finally kisses her in Chapter Four?
4. How does Brigham thank Serena for taking care of his wound?
5. What happens to Coll when he and Brigham fight off their attackers in Chapter One?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Prince Charles with the war is lost?
2. What is Serena struggling with during the three weeks in Holyrood House?
3. What surprises Brigham about Serena when he realizes she is reading Macbeth?
4. What do Serena and Brigham express hope for as they leave their homes behind?
5. What does Brigham say when she tells him there is nothing she denies him? Explain why he feels that way?
6. When Brigham says he wants Serena in Chapter Seven, what does she assume he means?
7. What happens as the group of Highlanders move eastward? Explain why this happens?
8. What happens when Brigham sees Serena leaving the barn with blood all over her skirt?
9. What does Brigham risk as he helps the Scottish Highland clans prepare for war against England?
10. Why is Serena so upset when Brigham finds her near the water?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)