|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Four why does Mrs. Drummond make certain Fiona doesn't hear what she is saying to Serena?
(a) They are discussing politics.
(b) They are planning a surprise party for Fiona.
(c) They are talking about delicate matters.
(d) They are discussing Coll's condition.
2. What does Malcolm say when he meets Brigham?
(a) He asks if Brigham is the English pig.
(b) He says he is happy to meet Brigham.
(c) He asks if he is the man who saves his brother's life.
(d) He laughs and tells Brigham Serena hates him.
3. What does Fiona tell her children to do when the English Dragoons arrive?
(a) To run out of the back of the house and hide.
(b) To lock themselves in the nursery.
(c) To hide in basement.
(d) To get their father for help.
4. What happens to Serena when Brigham finally kisses her in Chapter Four?
(a) She kicks him again.
(b) She starts to cry.
(c) She struggles to be free.
(d) She responds to his kiss.
5. What happens to Coll when he sees Maggie MacDonald in Chapter Seven?
(a) He's annoyed because she looks too eager to see him.
(b) He's stunned at how she's grown into such a beautiful woman.
(c) He's angry because she always annoys him.
(d) He's annoyed because she ignores him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who catches Serena and Brigham kissing when she's supposed to be doing laundry?
2. What happens to Coll when he and Brigham fight off their attackers in Chapter One?
3. What does Coll tell Maggie after she finally gets his attention?
4. What happens when Brigham asks Ian if he marries Serena?
5. How does Fiona respond when Serena says she wishes she is more like her or Gwen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brigham risk as he helps the Scottish Highland clans prepare for war against England?
2. What happens when Brigham sees Serena dancing with the other men?
3. When are bagpipes most often used?
4. How does Maggie tease Serena when she does nothing but deny any interest in Brigham?
5. What happens when Brigham orders Parkins to stay behind while he goes with Ian to meet with the Highland clans?
6. What is Brigham's dream?
7. As Serena tends to Brigham's wound, what does she discover?
8. Why does Fiona tell Serena to take the younger children and hide in the nursery?
9. What happens when Serena is by the water daydreaming about Brigham in Chapter Five?
10. What happens when Brigham sees how Serena looks at the ball?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)