|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Fiona respond when Serena says she wishes she is more like her or Gwen?
(a) It is be too quiet in the house if she is like them.
(b) She can't be what she isn't.
(c) She is what she is born to be, and Fiona doesn't have it any other way.
(d) She misses her high spiritedness.
2. In the opening of Chapter Five, what is Coll complaining about?
(a) He is bored being in bed.
(b) He is sick of eating gruel.
(c) He wants to go with his father and Brigham.
(d) He is jealous that Brigham can ride.
3. When Brigham finally dances with Serena, what does he tell her he is trying to figure out?
(a) If she waits for him when he goes to war.
(b) If she loves him as much as he loves her.
(c) If she dances as well as she rides.
(d) If she looks more lovely in the green gown or in breeches.
4. In the opening of Chapter Seven, what bad news does Brigham receive?
(a) France decides to side with England in the war.
(b) Napoleon decides not to help them with the war.
(c) King Louis of France does not help with their war to restor the throne to Charles.
(d) King Louis of Italy decides not to help with the war.
5. In Chapter Four why does Mrs. Drummond make certain Fiona doesn't hear what she is saying to Serena?
(a) They are planning a surprise party for Fiona.
(b) They are talking about delicate matters.
(c) They are discussing Coll's condition.
(d) They are discussing politics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brigham say to Fiona when he comes down to the ball?
2. What does Fiona tell her children to do when the English Dragoons arrive?
3. Who catches Serena and Brigham kissing when she's supposed to be doing laundry?
4. At the very end of Chapter Eight, what does Brigham promise Serena after telling her he goes back to London in two days?
5. Who is Malcolm MacGregor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brigham wonder about the men and their understanding about the battles they win?
2. What happens when Brigham orders Parkins to stay behind while he goes with Ian to meet with the Highland clans?
3. What does Brigham risk as he helps the Scottish Highland clans prepare for war against England?
4. What happens when Serena is by the water daydreaming about Brigham in Chapter Five?
5. What happens when Brigham sees Serena leaving the barn with blood all over her skirt?
6. What does Brigham say when she tells him there is nothing she denies him? Explain why he feels that way?
7. What do Serena and Brigham express hope for as they leave their homes behind?
8. What does Brigham learn from the earl of Whitesmouth?
9. In Chapter Nine, when Brigham finds Serena at her favorite place near the water, what is she doing?
10. What is Brigham's dream?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)