|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gwen take charge when they get Coll into the house?
(a) Gwen is a faith healer.
(b) Gwen is a doctor.
(c) Gwen is a nurse.
(d) Gwen has medical experience.
2. Who does Brigham ask to dance the first dance?
3. Who is Serena MacGregor?
(a) The middle child of the MacGregor's.
(b) The lovely oldest daughter of Ian and Fiona.
(c) A woman who becomes a spy for Scottland.
(d) Leader of the MacGregor's inner circle.
4. What does Brigham do to Serena that he feels the need to apologize for?
(a) Brigham kisses Serena.
(b) Brigham laughs at Serena.
(c) Brigham scolds Serena.
(d) Brigham slaps Serena.
5. Why is there blood on Serena's dress in Chapter Five?
(a) Because she hurts herself.
(b) Because she is hurt.
(c) Because she is butchering.
(d) Because she helps with the birth of a foal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book is Serena reading as she sits with Coll?
2. What does Serena think about Brigham being a blue blood?
3. What does Brigham think when he sees Serena with blood on her dress?
4. Who catches Serena and Brigham kissing when she's supposed to be doing laundry?
5. Why does Brigham give Serena his handkerchief?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Maggie tease Serena when she does nothing but deny any interest in Brigham?
2. How do they treat Brigham's wounds in the cave?
3. What does Brigham realize after getting over the shock of seeing Serena with blood all over her skirt?
4. What is Brigham's dream?
5. What does Malcolm admit he is upset about when he talks with Brigham? How does Brigham react to what Malcolm tells him? What does Brigham tell Malcolm?
6. What does Brigham risk as he helps the Scottish Highland clans prepare for war against England?
7. What is Coll's reaction when Maggie MacDonald arrives at Glenroe for a visit with her friends?
8. What happens when Brigham sees how Serena looks at the ball?
9. What does Brigham say when she tells him there is nothing she denies him? Explain why he feels that way?
10. What happens soon after they arrive at Skye?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)