|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What secret wish does Serena have that means she has to go to confession?
(a) She never has to scrub another pot.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) She never has to milk another cow.
(d) She never has to wash another shirt.
2. What does Brigham insist when he sees Parkins?
(a) That Parkins immediately mend his coat.
(b) That Parkins return to London.
(c) That Parkins sleep in the barn.
(d) That Parkins get some rest from his trip.
3. Who sends the letter to Brigham that Coll is so anxious to read?
(a) Captain Standish.
(b) Prince Charles Stuart.
(c) Ian MacGregor.
(d) Mary MacDonald.
4. What does Serena wear when she sneaks out of the house to go for a ride on her horse?
(a) Men's breeches.
(b) A short skirt.
(c) A man's hat.
(d) Her riding habit.
5. Where does Fiona suggest Brigham have his breakfast?
(a) In the parlor.
(b) In the dining room.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In his room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brigham suddenly realize after Serena admits she wishes she goes with him and her father?
2. At the beginning of Chapter Eight, what does Maggie say Coll has asks her to do?
3. Why does Serena say she wishes she were a man?
4. What does Serena say about English blood?
5. Who arrives in Brigham's carriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Serena thinking about as she churns butter hard enough to turn it rancid?
2. What happens when Brigham sees how Serena looks at the ball?
3. What does Brigham realize after getting over the shock of seeing Serena with blood all over her skirt?
4. Why doesn't Serena like Brigham in spite of the fact that he got her brother to safety after being wounded?
5. What happens when Brigham sees Serena leaving the barn with blood all over her skirt?
6. What happens when Brigham sees Serena dancing with the other men?
7. What surprises Brigham about Serena when he realizes she is reading Macbeth?
8. What is Brigham's dream?
9. How does Serena get Coll to eat while he is complaining about the food in Chapter Three?
10. Why does Fiona tell Serena to take the younger children and hide in the nursery?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)