|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Serena think about while she rests from her ride?
(a) Fancy London balls.
(b) The impending war.
(c) The work that still needs to be done.
(d) Coll's injury.
2. When Brigham finally dances with Serena, what does he tell her he is trying to figure out?
(a) If she loves him as much as he loves her.
(b) If she waits for him when he goes to war.
(c) If she dances as well as she rides.
(d) If she looks more lovely in the green gown or in breeches.
3. What treasured item does Brigham pack to take with him on his trip to Scotland?
(a) His sword.
(b) A box full of cash.
(c) His pistol.
(d) A statue of a shephardess.
4. What does Coll tell Maggie after she finally gets his attention?
(a) That she has to be more careful.
(b) That's she's a silly fool.
(c) That she's the most beautiful woman in Scotland.
(d) That he could make a habit out of catching her.
5. How does Fiona explain how she know when she is in love?
(a) At first sight.
(b) When Ian asks her to marry him.
(c) When her heart speaks louder than her head.
(d) When she has butterflies in her stomach when she sees Ian.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the opening of Chapter Five, what is Coll complaining about?
2. What book is Serena reading as she sits with Coll?
3. What is Brigham hoping happens while he is away from Serena?
4. What secret wish does Serena have that means she has to go to confession?
5. What happens when Serena tries a similar trick on Brigham and pretends to slip while carrying milk to the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. When are bagpipes most often used?
2. When Brigham says he wants Serena in Chapter Seven, what does she assume he means?
3. What surprises Brigham about Serena when he realizes she is reading Macbeth?
4. Why is Brigham disturbed by the way Serena treats him in Chapter Two?
5. What surprises Serena about Brigham's kisses?
6. What is Brigham's dream?
7. As Serena tends to Brigham's wound, what does she discover?
8. What does Brigham risk as he helps the Scottish Highland clans prepare for war against England?
9. Why doesn't Serena like Brigham in spite of the fact that he got her brother to safety after being wounded?
10. How does Maggie tease Serena when she does nothing but deny any interest in Brigham?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)