|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Serena MacGregor?
(a) The lovely oldest daughter of Ian and Fiona.
(b) A woman who becomes a spy for Scottland.
(c) Leader of the MacGregor's inner circle.
(d) The middle child of the MacGregor's.
2. How does Serena reply when Brigham chastises her about the way she treats him since he arrives?
(a) She is giving him what he deserves.
(b) He doesn't speak to her that way.
(c) There is worse to come.
(d) She isn't going to stop.
3. Who catches Serena and Brigham kissing when she's supposed to be doing laundry?
4. What happens to Coll when he sees Maggie MacDonald in Chapter Seven?
(a) He's angry because she always annoys him.
(b) He's annoyed because she ignores him.
(c) He's stunned at how she's grown into such a beautiful woman.
(d) He's annoyed because she looks too eager to see him.
5. Who does Brigham ask to dance the first dance?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Brigham Langston's title?
2. In Chapter Two, what does Fiona order Serena to do?
3. How old is Coll MacGregor when he is permitted to go hunting with his father?
4. What does Brigham say to Fiona when he comes down to the ball?
5. Over Brighan's breakfast, who does Fiona say asks to see him?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Brigham says he wants Serena in Chapter Seven, what does she assume he means?
2. What is Serena thinking about as she churns butter hard enough to turn it rancid?
3. As Serena tends to Brigham's wound, what does she discover?
4. After Brigham mentions his upcoming trip to London, what happens to Serena's mood? Why? What affect does her mood have on Brigham?
5. Why doesn't Serena like Brigham in spite of the fact that he got her brother to safety after being wounded?
6. Why does Brigham remind his groom, Jem, to remember Malcolm is young and impressionable?
7. What does Fiona tell Serena about meeting her father that surprises Serena?
8. What is Brigham's dream?
9. Why does the Captain beat and rape Fiona?
10. What is Coll's reaction when Maggie MacDonald arrives at Glenroe for a visit with her friends?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)