|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Brigham hoping happens while he is away from Serena?
(a) He hopes she misses him.
(b) He hopes he forgets her.
(c) He hopes he gets over the way he feels about her.
(d) He hopes she is not there when he returns.
2. What does Brigham think when he sees Serena with blood on her dress?
(a) That she kills someone.
(b) That she is butchering a hog.
(c) That she hurts herself.
(d) That she is attacked by a man.
3. What Gaelic term does Serena call Brigham?
4. At the beginning of Chapter Eight, what does Maggie say Coll has asks her to do?
(a) To marry him.
(b) To go back home as soon as possible.
(c) Give him the first dance at the ball.
(d) To leave him alone.
5. Over Brighan's breakfast, who does Fiona say asks to see him?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Six, why is Fiona more concerned about Serena than her other children?
2. In Chapter Four why does Mrs. Drummond make certain Fiona doesn't hear what she is saying to Serena?
3. What happens when Serena tries a similar trick on Brigham and pretends to slip while carrying milk to the house?
4. Who arrives in Brigham's carriage?
5. In Chapter One, where are the two men from who attack Brigham and Coll on the trail to Glenroe?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Brigham mentions his upcoming trip to London, what happens to Serena's mood? Why? What affect does her mood have on Brigham?
2. Why doesn't Serena like Brigham in spite of the fact that he got her brother to safety after being wounded?
3. Why is Brigham disturbed by the way Serena treats him in Chapter Two?
4. Why does Brigham threaten to throw Serena into the water?
5. What is Serena thinking about as she churns butter hard enough to turn it rancid?
6. What happens when Brigham sees Serena leaving the barn with blood all over her skirt?
7. Why does the Captain beat and rape Fiona?
8. What happens when Brigham sees how Serena looks at the ball?
9. When Brigham says he wants Serena in Chapter Seven, what does she assume he means?
10. What is Coll's reaction when Maggie MacDonald arrives at Glenroe for a visit with her friends?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)