|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brigham notice about Maggie MacDonald?
(a) She is a terrible hostess.
(b) She is flirting with him.
(c) She is not interested in Coll.
(d) She is very interested in Coll.
2. How does Brigham thank Serena for taking care of his wound?
(a) He shakes her hand.
(b) He kisses her hand.
(c) He writes her a thank you note.
(d) He gives her a hug.
3. What does Brigham say to Fiona when he comes down to the ball?
(a) He tells her to keep the women busy while the men meet to discuss war.
(b) He asks her for a dance sometime that evening.
(c) He tells her she is almost as beautiful as her daughter.
(d) He says he is in love with her daughter.
4. Who lives at Glenfinnan?
(a) The Stuarts.
(b) The Camerons.
(c) The Campbells.
(d) The MacDonalds.
5. What does Maggie say when Coll finally asks her to marry him?
(a) She is too young to get married.
(b) She is betrothed to another man.
(c) She waits all her life for him to ask.
(d) She wants to think about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Brigham upset with Parkins again?
2. What does Brigham feel about the people who are their hosts along the trail?
3. What treasured item does Brigham pack to take with him on his trip to Scotland?
4. As he brushes the horses, what does Malcolm tell Brigham to do?
5. What Gaelic term does Serena call Brigham?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Brigham mentions his upcoming trip to London, what happens to Serena's mood? Why? What affect does her mood have on Brigham?
2. When Brigham says he wants Serena in Chapter Seven, what does she assume he means?
3. How does Brigham get along with Ian MacGregor, Serena and Coll's father?
4. How does Serena get Coll to eat while he is complaining about the food in Chapter Three?
5. What is Serena thinking about as she churns butter hard enough to turn it rancid?
6. What happens when Serena is by the water daydreaming about Brigham in Chapter Five?
7. What does Brigham realize after getting over the shock of seeing Serena with blood all over her skirt?
8. What is Brigham's dream?
9. What surprises Serena about Brigham's kisses?
10. Why doesn't Serena like Brigham in spite of the fact that he got her brother to safety after being wounded?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)