|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Brigham reply when Coll seems impatient for the war to begin?
(a) That it may be a few years until they are ready to fight.
(b) That it may not happen at all.
(c) That it may be tomorrow.
(d) That it may be sooner than he might think.
2. What does Serena do to Brigham that has him lifting her off her feet?
(a) She curses at him.
(b) She kicks him in the shin.
(c) She spits on him.
(d) She slaps his face.
3. How does Serena respond to Brigham's misunderstanding about the blood on her dress?
(a) She gets angry.
(b) She tells him he is foolish.
(c) She is too tired to respond.
(d) She starts to giggle.
4. What happens when Serena tries a similar trick on Brigham and pretends to slip while carrying milk to the house?
(a) She argues that she's perfectly capable of doing the work.
(b) He acts like she needs help to do her work.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) When he comments she's sturdy as a mule, she spills a bucket of milk over his head.
5. What does Coll tell Maggie after she finally gets his attention?
(a) That she's the most beautiful woman in Scotland.
(b) That she has to be more careful.
(c) That's she's a silly fool.
(d) That he could make a habit out of catching her.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Four why does Mrs. Drummond make certain Fiona doesn't hear what she is saying to Serena?
2. Why is there blood on Serena's dress in Chapter Five?
3. What is Brigham hoping happens while he is away from Serena?
4. In Chapter One, where are the two men from who attack Brigham and Coll on the trail to Glenroe?
5. In the opening of Chapter Seven, what bad news does Brigham receive?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Coll's reaction when Maggie MacDonald arrives at Glenroe for a visit with her friends?
2. What happens when Brigham sees Serena dancing with the other men?
3. When are bagpipes most often used?
4. Why does Fiona tell Serena to take the younger children and hide in the nursery?
5. What happens when Serena is by the water daydreaming about Brigham in Chapter Five?
6. How does Serena get Coll to eat while he is complaining about the food in Chapter Three?
7. After Brigham mentions his upcoming trip to London, what happens to Serena's mood? Why? What affect does her mood have on Brigham?
8. What happens when Brigham sees how Serena looks at the ball?
9. When Brigham says he wants Serena in Chapter Seven, what does she assume he means?
10. What surprises Serena about Brigham's kisses?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)