|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the very end of Chapter Eight, what does Brigham promise Serena after telling her he goes back to London in two days?
(a) That he loves no other woman.
(b) That he stays in London.
(c) That he marries her.
(d) That he returns from London.
2. What does Ian plan to disguise the meeting of the clans?
(a) A picnic with a boar roast.
(b) A ball because both Maggie and Serena are of marrying age.
(c) A birthday party because he's turning fifty.
(d) A wedding and he invites all the friendly clans.
3. What does Brigham do to Serena that he feels the need to apologize for?
(a) Brigham scolds Serena.
(b) Brigham kisses Serena.
(c) Brigham slaps Serena.
(d) Brigham laughs at Serena.
4. What does Serena say about English blood?
(a) English blood runs cold.
(b) English blood runs yellow.
(c) English blood runs blue.
(d) English blood runs thin.
5. What does Coll do when Ian tells them he invites Maggie MacDonald to visit?
(a) He cries.
(b) He groans saying Maggie is a nuisance.
(c) He laughs and says he's looking forward to seeing her again.
(d) He gets angry and says he must go away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Brigham ask to dance the first dance?
2. Who do Ian and Brigham have to be careful of if they plan another meeting of the clans?
3. How does Fiona explain how she know when she is in love?
4. What happens while Maggie and Gwen are pinning up Serena's dress for the ball?
5. Who tries to pacify Coll saying they take him for a walk?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Fiona tell Serena about meeting her father that surprises Serena?
2. What is Coll's reaction when Maggie MacDonald arrives at Glenroe for a visit with her friends?
3. What happens when Brigham sees how Serena looks at the ball?
4. Why is Brigham disturbed by the way Serena treats him in Chapter Two?
5. Why does Fiona tell Serena to take the younger children and hide in the nursery?
6. Why does the Captain beat and rape Fiona?
7. What surprises Serena about Brigham's kisses?
8. How does Brigham get along with Ian MacGregor, Serena and Coll's father?
9. What happens when Serena is by the water daydreaming about Brigham in Chapter Five?
10. Why does Serena like riding her horse while wearing breeches?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)