|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter One, where are the two men from who attack Brigham and Coll on the trail to Glenroe?
(a) They are robbers from Edinburgh.
(b) They are from the Campbell clan.
(c) They are from the MacDonald Clan.
(d) They are English soldiers from Inverness.
2. Who is Serena MacGregor?
(a) The lovely oldest daughter of Ian and Fiona.
(b) A woman who becomes a spy for Scottland.
(c) Leader of the MacGregor's inner circle.
(d) The middle child of the MacGregor's.
3. At the beginning of Chapter Eight, what does Maggie say Coll has asks her to do?
(a) To go back home as soon as possible.
(b) To leave him alone.
(c) Give him the first dance at the ball.
(d) To marry him.
4. Who summons Brigham downstairs on his first evening in Glenroe?
(a) Ian MacGregor.
(b) Fiona MacGregor.
(c) Coll MacGregor.
(d) Serena MacGregor.
5. Why does Gwen tell Brigham he needs rest?
(a) Because he is wounded and stays up all night with Coll.
(b) Because she is afraid he'd awaken Coll.
(c) Because she wants to get him away from Serena.
(d) Because Brigham looks terrible himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Coll when he sees Maggie MacDonald in Chapter Seven?
2. What does Serena do to Brigham that has him lifting her off her feet?
3. Who do Ian and Brigham have to be careful of if they plan another meeting of the clans?
4. How does Fiona respond when Serena says she wishes she is more like her or Gwen?
5. What happens to Coll when he and Brigham fight off their attackers in Chapter One?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprises Serena about Brigham's kisses?
2. As Serena tends to Brigham's wound, what does she discover?
3. What is Serena thinking about as she churns butter hard enough to turn it rancid?
4. What happens when Brigham sees how Serena looks at the ball?
5. Why doesn't Serena like Brigham in spite of the fact that he got her brother to safety after being wounded?
6. What happens when Brigham orders Parkins to stay behind while he goes with Ian to meet with the Highland clans?
7. What is Brigham's dream?
8. Why does Serena like riding her horse while wearing breeches?
9. Why is Brigham disturbed by the way Serena treats him in Chapter Two?
10. Why does the Captain beat and rape Fiona?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)