Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Coll do when Ian tells them he invites Maggie MacDonald to visit?
(a) He gets angry and says he must go away.
(b) He cries.
(c) He groans saying Maggie is a nuisance.
(d) He laughs and says he's looking forward to seeing her again.
2. What does Maggie do to trick Coll into noticing her?
(a) She pretends she isn't interested.
(b) She pretends to faint.
(c) She pretends she's interested in Brigham.
(d) She pretends to fall from a ladder.
3. As he brushes the horses, what does Malcolm tell Brigham to do?
(a) Ride bareback.
(b) Ride well enough to jump fences.
(c) Drive the horses.
(d) Steeple chase.
4. How old is Coll MacGregor when he is permitted to go hunting with his father?
(a) Barely fourteen.
(c) Almost fifteen.
(d) Twelve years old.
5. Who are the Jacobites?
(a) English who are loyal to the current King.
(b) People who come from Jacoba.
(c) English who are loyal to James Stuart.
(d) Scottish rebels.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Brigham sees Serena holding hands with another man?
2. How does Fiona explain how she know when she is in love?
3. In Chapter Two, what does Fiona order Serena to do?
4. What happens to Coll when he sees Maggie MacDonald in Chapter Seven?
5. Who catches Serena and Brigham kissing when she's supposed to be doing laundry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Serena struggling with during the three weeks in Holyrood House?
2. What does Brigham risk as he helps the Scottish Highland clans prepare for war against England?
3. What happens soon after they arrive at Skye?
4. What happens when Brigham sees Serena leaving the barn with blood all over her skirt?
5. Why does the Captain beat and rape Fiona?
6. Why does Brigham go to the men's club that evening, even though he is warned to leave? Doesn't he care that he is in danger?
7. What does Serena admit to her mother she is upset about marrying Brigham? What does Fiona tell Serena after realizing her daughter is so distressed over whether she marries Brigham or not?
8. What happens when Brigham sees Serena dancing with the other men?
9. In Chapter Nine, why does Brigham follow Serena to her favorite place near the water? What does Serena ask him to do? What does he do?
10. Where does the family go now that the cave is no longer safe?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)