|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter One, where are the two men from who attack Brigham and Coll on the trail to Glenroe?
(a) They are from the Campbell clan.
(b) They are robbers from Edinburgh.
(c) They are English soldiers from Inverness.
(d) They are from the MacDonald Clan.
2. Why does Gwen tell Brigham he needs rest?
(a) Because he is wounded and stays up all night with Coll.
(b) Because she wants to get him away from Serena.
(c) Because she is afraid he'd awaken Coll.
(d) Because Brigham looks terrible himself.
3. How does Fiona respond when Serena says she wishes she is more like her or Gwen?
(a) It is be too quiet in the house if she is like them.
(b) She misses her high spiritedness.
(c) She can't be what she isn't.
(d) She is what she is born to be, and Fiona doesn't have it any other way.
4. Who lives at Glenfinnan?
(a) The Camerons.
(b) The Campbells.
(c) The Stuarts.
(d) The MacDonalds.
5. What does Serena think about while she rests from her ride?
(a) The impending war.
(b) Coll's injury.
(c) The work that still needs to be done.
(d) Fancy London balls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brigham think about Serena while she tends his wound?
2. What does Brigham insist when he sees Parkins?
3. At the beginning of Chapter Eight, what does Maggie say Coll has asks her to do?
4. What does Serena think about Brigham being a blue blood?
5. How does Brigham reply when Fiona asks if she should leave or stay while he eats breakfast?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Brigham orders Parkins to stay behind while he goes with Ian to meet with the Highland clans?
2. What does Brigham realize after getting over the shock of seeing Serena with blood all over her skirt?
3. What does Brigham risk as he helps the Scottish Highland clans prepare for war against England?
4. What does Fiona tell Serena about meeting her father that surprises Serena?
5. Why does the Captain beat and rape Fiona?
6. What is Coll's reaction when Maggie MacDonald arrives at Glenroe for a visit with her friends?
7. What happens when Brigham sees Serena dancing with the other men?
8. What is unusual about Serena's behavior as she sits in front of the fire with her mother brushing her hair?
9. When are bagpipes most often used?
10. Why does Serena like riding her horse while wearing breeches?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)