|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Serena goes to Brigham's room, what does Brigham say to assure Serena of his feelings for her?
(a) She is the wife and woman he needs.
(b) He thinks of her every minute he is gone.
(c) She is beautiful.
(d) He never looks at another woman.
2. What news does Brigham have for Serena after he comes to their room and finds her crying in Chapter 13?
(a) She must leave the next day because they are going to march to London.
(b) She must leave the next day because it's time for the men to begin planning their next attack.
(c) She can stay at Holyrood, but the men are leaving for London.
(d) He isn't feeling well and wants to rest.
3. What does Brigham see happening to Coll during the battle of Drumossie Moor?
(a) He sees Coll trying to run away.
(b) He sees Coll fighting three English dragoons.
(c) He sees Coll get shot.
(d) He sees Coll trip over the bodies of Highlanders.
4. As the first cannon explodes near Culloden House what is happening at Glenroe?
(a) Serena and the family go to the cave.
(b) Maggie is in labor.
(c) Fiona suggests they pack their things.
(d) Malcolm runs away to fight.
5. What does Commander Murray tell Prince Charles about the land at Drumossie Moor?
(a) It is a beautiful place that the Highlanders remember forever.
(b) It is a location where they win the war against the English.
(c) It is the perfect location for their next battle against the English.
(d) It is not a good location for the Highlanders to fight.
6. Why does Brigham remember the name Colonel Standish?
(a) He is the man who rapes Fiona.
(b) He fights against him before.
(c) He is a neighbor he dislikes.
(d) He is an old friend.
7. How does the duel between Bringham and the Colonel end?
(a) Brigham is nearly killed and concedes.
(b) Standish is dead and Brigham doesn't have a mark on him.
(c) Brigham is wounded and Standish runs away.
(d) Brigham is wounded, but Standish is dead.
8. How does the Prince finally proceed with the war?
(a) He decide to think on it longer.
(b) They move forward.
(c) He flip a coin.
(d) They retreat.
9. What does Fiona tell Serena to do when she refuses to leave Brigham's side?
(a) To stop being stubborn.
(b) To put her head on her lap as she does when she is a child.
(c) To go to bed, she watches after him.
(d) To sit up all night if she wants to.
10. When does the March finally begin?
(a) December 1.
(b) October 31.
(c) November 1.
(d) November 10.
11. What does Serena confess to her mother about her relationship with Brigham?
(a) That she would rather lose him than shame him.
(b) That she and Brigham are courting.
(c) That she and Brigham make love.
(d) That she and Brigham are getting married.
12. What teasing warning does Serena give Brigham about ever having a mistress?
(a) She kills her and him, but him more horribly.
(b) She divorces him.
(c) She throws him out on his ear.
(d) She packs his bags and leaves them outside.
13. When Maggie asks if her baby is going to die, what does Serena reply?
(a) No one is going to die.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) MacGregor's don't give up.
(d) You are going to fight.
14. What does Brigham tell Malcolm when the boy is unhappy because he cannot go to war with the men?
(a) He can go if he proves his ability with a claymore.
(b) He is foolish to think such a thing.
(c) He is needed at home to help protect the women.
(d) He'll be old enough to fight in the next war.
15. What time are Serena and Brigham married?
(c) 6:00 P.M..
(d) 3:00 P.M..
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Prince Charles begin his march to war?
2. How does Murray advise the Prince to proceed with the war?
3. What happens when Serena asks Brigham to make love with her?
4. What does Whtesmouth tell Brigham about the fight to come?
5. What does Ian MacGregor tell Serena before the wedding?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)