|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Coll suspect the dragoons are going to do next after they left Glenroe?
(a) Return to their fort.
(b) Search the hills.
(c) Move on to the next village.
(d) Go back to London.
2. Who exercises privileges by claiming a dance with Serena?
(d) Prince Charles.
3. Filled with gossip, what does Malcolm tell Brigham about Maggie?
(a) That she is homesick.
(b) That she is going to divorce Coll if he goes to war.
(c) That she is going back to the MacDonald clan.
(d) That she is going to have a baby.
4. What happens as Serena thinks about looking outside the cave for her brothers?
(a) She goes into labor.
(b) Her brother's return.
(c) The baby starts to cry.
(d) A dragoon comes into the opening of the cave.
5. What does Brigham think they should do about the war?
(a) He agrees with Murray.
(c) Move on before they lose more momentum.
(d) He has no thoughts on the subject.
6. As they marched to war, what is Brigham thinking about the men?
(a) Their spirits are high.
(b) They don't think about mortality, but of victory and justice too long denied.
(c) All it takes to bring them together is the energy and force of the Prince.
(d) All answers are correct.
7. Why does Brigham want them to travel to Skye?
(a) Because it is a good place for a honeymoon.
(b) Because he has family there that help them.
(c) Because they are sitting ducks where they are.
(d) Because he wants to vacation there.
8. Where does Brigham go before leaving London?
(a) To his club.
(b) To a cigar bar.
(c) To the doctor.
(d) To a meeting.
9. After nearly three weeks of rest, what are Coll and Brigham thinking?
(a) They should be moving on toward London.
(b) The Prince's two commanders don't agree on anything.
(c) The balls and receptions can wait.
(d) All the answers are correct.
10. What happens when Serena asks Brigham to make love with her?
(a) Brigham hesitates, then finally gives in.
(b) Brigham says not before they are married.
(c) Brigham agrees without hesitation.
(d) Brigham says no and rides away.
11. Who does Bringham warn to leave London soon?
(b) Viscount Leighton.
(d) Alice Beesley.
12. When they leave the reception in honor of their wedding, where does Brigham carry Serena?
(a) To the dancefloor.
(b) To the infirmary.
(c) To their room at the hotel.
(d) To his room at Holyrood.
13. What happens to Brigham during the battle of Drumossie Moor?
(a) He gets stabbed by a bayonet.
(c) An English soldier stabs him with a dagger.
(d) Grapeshots hit his arm and shoulder.
14. What does Whtesmouth tell Brigham about the fight to come?
(a) They are about to lose a big battle.
(b) The troops lose their momentum in Edinburgh.
(c) He is ready for a good fight.
(d) He is ready to return home.
15. As the first cannon explodes near Culloden House what is happening at Glenroe?
(a) Serena and the family go to the cave.
(b) Malcolm runs away to fight.
(c) Fiona suggests they pack their things.
(d) Maggie is in labor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Back at Glenroe, what do Serena and Malcolm do when they learn the English are getting closer?
2. What do Coll and Malcolm see from the ridge that overlooked Glenroe?
3. Who dies in the battle at Stirling?
4. After Serena goes to Brigham's room, what does Brigham say to assure Serena of his feelings for her?
5. Why does Brigham remember the name Colonel Standish?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)