|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Nine when Serena is out riding, what is she thinking Brigham does after the war?
(a) Return to London.
(b) Return to her.
(c) Find another woman.
(d) Travel abroad.
2. Why does Brigham want the duel the Colonel?
(a) To get rid of an evil man.
(b) To stop being bored.
(c) To avenge Fiona's mistreatment by Standish.
(d) To have a little fun.
3. Why does Brigham want to leave the cave as soon as possible?
(a) He doesn't want to die in a cave.
(b) He's afraid they don't have enough food.
(c) He doesn't like living in a cave.
(d) He doesn't want to have Serena give birth in a cave.
4. What does the Prince decide about a battle at Drumossie Moor?
(a) They retreat.
(b) They send men out to set fires around the English so they are trapped.
(c) They stay and fight.
(d) They sneak around and attack the English from behind.
5. Who removes the bullet from Brigham?
6. What does Serena do when she hears about the duel?
(a) She agrees to marry Brigham.
(b) She cries because Brigham is hurt.
(c) She cheers that Standish is dead.
(d) She doesn't do anything.
7. What does Whtesmouth tell Brigham about the fight to come?
(a) The troops lose their momentum in Edinburgh.
(b) They are about to lose a big battle.
(c) He is ready for a good fight.
(d) He is ready to return home.
8. Who does Bringham warn to leave London soon?
(c) Alice Beesley.
(d) Viscount Leighton.
9. What does Serena finally admit to Brigham after he catches up to her and forces her to talk?
(a) She doesn't want him to leave her and go to London.
(b) She wants to go with him to London.
(c) She wants them to go away and forget the war plans.
(d) She doesn't want him to come back from London.
10. What does Brigham do while sword fighting with the Colonel?
(a) He reminds Standish what he does to Fiona so he knows why he is killing him.
(b) He wants to anger Standish so he makes a mistake.
(c) He likes playing with the other man's head.
(d) He always makes small talk during a duel.
11. Why does Brigham join the game of dice with Colonel Standish?
(a) To relax a little.
(b) To get some money for the war effort.
(c) To win and anger Standish.
(d) To have a little fun before leaving London.
12. What does Brigham ask Prince Charles permission to do?
(a) To use the Prince's chambers that night.
(b) To be able to take Serena home to be married.
(c) To be his best man.
(d) Get married to Serena at Holyrood.
13. What time are Serena and Brigham married?
(b) 3:00 P.M..
(d) 6:00 P.M..
14. What does Serena do when Brigham regains consciousness?
(a) She kisses him.
(b) She asks Gwen to check him over.
(c) She cries.
(d) She calls everyone to tell them.
15. After nearly three weeks of rest, what are Coll and Brigham thinking?
(a) All the answers are correct.
(b) They should be moving on toward London.
(c) The balls and receptions can wait.
(d) The Prince's two commanders don't agree on anything.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens as Serena thinks about looking outside the cave for her brothers?
2. What does Fiona tell Serena to do when she refuses to leave Brigham's side?
3. After winning at Edinburgh, what does the Prince do?
4. What does Brigham tell Malcolm when the boy is unhappy because he cannot go to war with the men?
5. Who exercises privileges by claiming a dance with Serena?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)