|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Nine when Serena is out riding, what is she thinking Brigham does after the war?
(a) Return to London.
(b) Find another woman.
(c) Travel abroad.
(d) Return to her.
2. As they marched to war, what is Brigham thinking about the men?
(a) Their spirits are high.
(b) All it takes to bring them together is the energy and force of the Prince.
(c) They don't think about mortality, but of victory and justice too long denied.
(d) All answers are correct.
3. In the final pages of Chapter Thirteen, after the battle when some of the men want to go after the English army, what does Brigham say?
(a) Their own dead and wounded will be taken back to Inverness.
(b) They should to tend to their men.
(c) All the answers are correct.
(d) The English dead should be buried.
4. When they leave the reception in honor of their wedding, where does Brigham carry Serena?
(a) To his room at Holyrood.
(b) To their room at the hotel.
(c) To the infirmary.
(d) To the dancefloor.
5. What is Serena trying to tell Brigham when he asks her to go to America with him?
(a) That she doesn't want to go to America.
(b) That she is going into labor.
(c) That she wants to stay in Skye.
(d) That she wants to go to France.
6. What time are Serena and Brigham married?
(b) 3:00 P.M..
(c) 6:00 P.M..
7. What does Coll suspect the dragoons are going to do next after they left Glenroe?
(a) Return to their fort.
(b) Go back to London.
(c) Search the hills.
(d) Move on to the next village.
8. What do both Brigham and Serena admit after making love?
(a) That they want to live together.
(b) That they love each other.
(c) That they can never get married.
(d) That they want to run away.
9. What does Commander O'Sullivan have to say about a battle at Drumossie Moor?
(a) That they are considered cowards if they turn back again.
(b) The Highlanders fight and win any place.
(c) The Highlanders prove themselves capable warriors.
(d) That he feels it is a perfect day for a battle.
10. What is wrong with Maggie's baby?
(b) The baby needs to be delivered by C-section.
(c) The baby stops moving.
(d) The baby is breach.
11. In Chapter 13, what does Brigham ask Serena to do if something happens to him?
(a) To get the chest and strongbox in his chamber.
(b) If she is with child, to name the child after his father.
(c) To be careful on the road back to Glenroe.
(d) To make sure they have a hiding place in case they are attacked at Glenroe.
12. What does Brigham learn about the Jacobites in London?
(a) There are many who are spies.
(b) While there are many, not all fight for the Prince.
(c) Many of them are changing their allegiance.
(d) Some of them change parties.
13. What are Brigham's final words on the subject of marriage before the end of Chapter Nine?
(a) That he brings a preacher back from London.
(b) That he never loves another but her.
(c) That he marries her if he has to tie her up for the wedding.
(d) That he speaks to her father when he returns to London.
14. Filled with gossip, what does Malcolm tell Brigham about Maggie?
(a) That she is going to divorce Coll if he goes to war.
(b) That she is going back to the MacDonald clan.
(c) That she is homesick.
(d) That she is going to have a baby.
15. What does Brigham see happening to Coll during the battle of Drumossie Moor?
(a) He sees Coll fighting three English dragoons.
(b) He sees Coll trying to run away.
(c) He sees Coll trip over the bodies of Highlanders.
(d) He sees Coll get shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fiona tell Serena to do when she refuses to leave Brigham's side?
2. What does Brigham think about as his men moving back toward Inverness?
3. Why does the Earl of Whitesmouth visit Brigham at his home?
4. How does the Prince finally proceed with the war?
5. After nearly three weeks of rest, what are Coll and Brigham thinking?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)