|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do both Brigham and Serena admit after making love?
(a) That they want to live together.
(b) That they want to run away.
(c) That they love each other.
(d) That they can never get married.
2. After learning about the duel, what does Serena tell Brigham when she goes to his room?
(a) She tells him she is proud to be his wife.
(b) She tells him she wants to go with him.
(c) She tells him she is tried of fighting with him.
(d) She tells him he is wonderful.
3. What does Brigham learn about the Jacobites in London?
(a) Some of them change parties.
(b) There are many who are spies.
(c) While there are many, not all fight for the Prince.
(d) Many of them are changing their allegiance.
4. In the final pages of Chapter Thirteen, after the battle when some of the men want to go after the English army, what does Brigham say?
(a) The English dead should be buried.
(b) They should to tend to their men.
(c) All the answers are correct.
(d) Their own dead and wounded will be taken back to Inverness.
5. What does Brigham do while sword fighting with the Colonel?
(a) He likes playing with the other man's head.
(b) He wants to anger Standish so he makes a mistake.
(c) He always makes small talk during a duel.
(d) He reminds Standish what he does to Fiona so he knows why he is killing him.
6. What is wrong with Maggie's baby?
(a) The baby stops moving.
(c) The baby needs to be delivered by C-section.
(d) The baby is breach.
7. What does Brigham threaten to do to force her to marry him?
(a) Tell her father he compromises her.
(b) Lock her in a room until she agrees.
(c) Get her pregnant.
(d) Kidnap her.
8. As they marched to war, what is Brigham thinking about the men?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) All it takes to bring them together is the energy and force of the Prince.
(c) Their spirits are high.
(d) They don't think about mortality, but of victory and justice too long denied.
9. What is Serena trying to tell Brigham when he asks her to go to America with him?
(a) That she wants to stay in Skye.
(b) That she is going into labor.
(c) That she wants to go to France.
(d) That she doesn't want to go to America.
10. What does Fiona tell Serena to do when she refuses to leave Brigham's side?
(a) To go to bed, she watches after him.
(b) To sit up all night if she wants to.
(c) To put her head on her lap as she does when she is a child.
(d) To stop being stubborn.
11. How does the duel between Bringham and the Colonel end?
(a) Standish is dead and Brigham doesn't have a mark on him.
(b) Brigham is wounded and Standish runs away.
(c) Brigham is wounded, but Standish is dead.
(d) Brigham is nearly killed and concedes.
12. Where does Prince Charles begin his march to war?
13. What happens to Brigham during the battle of Drumossie Moor?
(b) An English soldier stabs him with a dagger.
(c) Grapeshots hit his arm and shoulder.
(d) He gets stabbed by a bayonet.
14. What does Coll suspect the dragoons are going to do next after they left Glenroe?
(a) Search the hills.
(b) Return to their fort.
(c) Move on to the next village.
(d) Go back to London.
15. Why does Brigham want them to travel to Skye?
(a) Because he has family there that help them.
(b) Because it is a good place for a honeymoon.
(c) Because he wants to vacation there.
(d) Because they are sitting ducks where they are.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Murray advise the Prince to proceed with the war?
2. In Chapter Eleven, what is happening between Parsins and Mrs. Drummond?
3. What does the Prince decide about a battle at Drumossie Moor?
4. What does Serena tell her mother she doesn't want to be?
5. Why does Serena apologize to Parkins?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)