|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Whtesmouth tell Brigham about the fight to come?
(a) He is ready to return home.
(b) They are about to lose a big battle.
(c) The troops lose their momentum in Edinburgh.
(d) He is ready for a good fight.
2. What happens when Serena realizes he wants her to marry him, not be his mistress?
(a) She's angry because he's being so bossy.
(b) She's happy and kisses him.
(c) She cries.
(d) She asks where the engagement ring is.
3. Why does Brigham join the game of dice with Colonel Standish?
(a) To relax a little.
(b) To win and anger Standish.
(c) To get some money for the war effort.
(d) To have a little fun before leaving London.
4. What teasing warning does Serena give Brigham about ever having a mistress?
(a) She throws him out on his ear.
(b) She packs his bags and leaves them outside.
(c) She divorces him.
(d) She kills her and him, but him more horribly.
5. What do Coll and Malcolm see from the ridge that overlooked Glenroe?
(a) A hundred dragoons.
(b) Smoke from their burning home.
(d) Everyone running for cover.
6. Why does Brigham want to leave the cave as soon as possible?
(a) He doesn't want to die in a cave.
(b) He's afraid they don't have enough food.
(c) He doesn't want to have Serena give birth in a cave.
(d) He doesn't like living in a cave.
7. What time are Serena and Brigham married?
(b) 3:00 P.M..
(c) 6:00 P.M..
8. Who does Bringham warn to leave London soon?
(a) Viscount Leighton.
(c) Alice Beesley.
9. What does Ian MacGregor tell Serena before the wedding?
(a) Always listen to your husband and you are happy.
(b) I hope you are as happy as your mother and I are.
(c) She takes her husbands name, but she always is a MacGregor.
(d) Make me a happy grandfather.
10. Filled with gossip, what does Malcolm tell Brigham about Maggie?
(a) That she is going back to the MacDonald clan.
(b) That she is going to have a baby.
(c) That she is going to divorce Coll if he goes to war.
(d) That she is homesick.
11. What does Brigham say in the morning as he looks out over Drumossie Moor?
(a) It ends there for better or worse.
(b) They are all going to die there.
(c) They all run away.
(d) They beat the English there.
12. What does Brigham ask Prince Charles permission to do?
(a) To use the Prince's chambers that night.
(b) To be his best man.
(c) To be able to take Serena home to be married.
(d) Get married to Serena at Holyrood.
13. In Chapter 13, what does Brigham ask Serena to do if something happens to him?
(a) To get the chest and strongbox in his chamber.
(b) If she is with child, to name the child after his father.
(c) To be careful on the road back to Glenroe.
(d) To make sure they have a hiding place in case they are attacked at Glenroe.
14. How does Murray advise the Prince to proceed with the war?
(a) To move on now before they lose more men.
(b) To withdraw for the winter and regroup to launch the war in the spring.
(c) To sleep on it before making any more decisions.
(d) To move on so they don't freeze in one spot.
15. When they leave the reception in honor of their wedding, where does Brigham carry Serena?
(a) To the infirmary.
(b) To the dancefloor.
(c) To his room at Holyrood.
(d) To their room at the hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do both Brigham and Serena admit after making love?
2. How does the duel between Bringham and the Colonel end?
3. Who exercises privileges by claiming a dance with Serena?
4. What does Brigham see happening to Coll during the battle of Drumossie Moor?
5. What does Brigham think about as his men moving back toward Inverness?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)