|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Brigham talks about their being together after the war, how does Serena respond?
(a) She doesn't shame her family.
(b) She doesn't want to leave her family.
(c) She doesn't love him enough.
(d) She doesn't want to live in London.
2. Why does Brigham throw wine in the Colonel's face?
(a) So the man challenges him to a duel.
(b) To make the man look foolish.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) To anger the man.
3. How does Serena feel about life at the royal court?
(a) She wants to be with Brigham in the Highlands.
(b) She loves the pomp and circumstance.
(c) She wants to have a honeymoon cruise.
(d) Shes with Brigham in London.
4. Why does Brigham want to leave the cave as soon as possible?
(a) He doesn't want to die in a cave.
(b) He doesn't like living in a cave.
(c) He's afraid they don't have enough food.
(d) He doesn't want to have Serena give birth in a cave.
5. As the battle starts at Drumossie Moor, what happens to the Highlanders?
(a) They are cut down by the English.
(b) Some step on land mines and are killed.
(c) They are too hungry to fight.
(d) Several run away.
6. What does Coll suspect the dragoons are going to do next after they left Glenroe?
(a) Move on to the next village.
(b) Go back to London.
(c) Search the hills.
(d) Return to their fort.
7. In Chapter Eleven, what is happening between Parsins and Mrs. Drummond?
(a) They are going to retire.
(b) They are arguing a lot.
(c) They are courting.
(d) They are planning a going away party.
8. What does the Prince decide about a battle at Drumossie Moor?
(a) They retreat.
(b) They stay and fight.
(c) They send men out to set fires around the English so they are trapped.
(d) They sneak around and attack the English from behind.
9. Who exercises privileges by claiming a dance with Serena?
(c) Prince Charles.
10. What does Serena finally admit to Brigham after he catches up to her and forces her to talk?
(a) She doesn't want him to come back from London.
(b) She wants them to go away and forget the war plans.
(c) She wants to go with him to London.
(d) She doesn't want him to leave her and go to London.
11. After learning about the duel, what does Serena tell Brigham when she goes to his room?
(a) She tells him she is proud to be his wife.
(b) She tells him she is tried of fighting with him.
(c) She tells him he is wonderful.
(d) She tells him she wants to go with him.
12. Their are 3,000 men when they capture what city after a short battle?
13. When does the March finally begin?
(a) November 1.
(b) October 31.
(c) November 10.
(d) December 1.
14. Who removes the bullet from Brigham?
15. When they leave the reception in honor of their wedding, where does Brigham carry Serena?
(a) To their room at the hotel.
(b) To the infirmary.
(c) To the dancefloor.
(d) To his room at Holyrood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Brigham join the game of dice with Colonel Standish?
2. After Serena goes to Brigham's room, what does Brigham say to assure Serena of his feelings for her?
3. As they marched to war, what is Brigham thinking about the men?
4. What is the last thing Brigham say to Serena at the end of Chapter Twelve?
5. Who dies in the battle at Stirling?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)