|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Serena finally admit to Brigham after he catches up to her and forces her to talk?
(a) She wants to go with him to London.
(b) She doesn't want him to leave her and go to London.
(c) She wants them to go away and forget the war plans.
(d) She doesn't want him to come back from London.
2. In Chapter Eleven, why does Fiona ask Serena to sit down?
(a) She has a problem and wants to talk to Serena about it.
(b) She is upset because Serena is keeping secrets.
(c) She senses there is something wrong with Serena and wants to talk about it.
(d) She is angry because Serena is neglecting her chores.
3. What does Brigham say in the morning as he looks out over Drumossie Moor?
(a) It ends there for better or worse.
(b) They are all going to die there.
(c) They beat the English there.
(d) They all run away.
4. Who arrives in Edinburgh to surprise Brigham, Coll and Ian?
(a) Prince Charles.
(b) Serena and the rest of the family.
5. What does Serena say to Brigham when he continues to insist she marries him, whether she agrees or not?
(a) That she'd rather marry a snake.
(b) That she makes his life miserable.
(c) That she would run away so he doesn't find her.
(d) That she'd rather marry a two-headed toad.
6. In Chapter Eleven, what is happening between Parsins and Mrs. Drummond?
(a) They are planning a going away party.
(b) They are courting.
(c) They are arguing a lot.
(d) They are going to retire.
7. After nearly three weeks of rest, what are Coll and Brigham thinking?
(a) The balls and receptions can wait.
(b) All the answers are correct.
(c) The Prince's two commanders don't agree on anything.
(d) They should be moving on toward London.
8. What does Ian MacGregor tell Serena before the wedding?
(a) Always listen to your husband and you are happy.
(b) She takes her husbands name, but she always is a MacGregor.
(c) I hope you are as happy as your mother and I are.
(d) Make me a happy grandfather.
9. Who dies in the battle at Stirling?
(c) Prince Charles.
10. As the first cannon explodes near Culloden House what is happening at Glenroe?
(a) Malcolm runs away to fight.
(b) Fiona suggests they pack their things.
(c) Serena and the family go to the cave.
(d) Maggie is in labor.
11. What happens when Serena realizes he wants her to marry him, not be his mistress?
(a) She's angry because he's being so bossy.
(b) She cries.
(c) She asks where the engagement ring is.
(d) She's happy and kisses him.
12. What does Brigham learn about the Jacobites in London?
(a) While there are many, not all fight for the Prince.
(b) Many of them are changing their allegiance.
(c) There are many who are spies.
(d) Some of them change parties.
13. Why does Brigham want to leave the cave as soon as possible?
(a) He's afraid they don't have enough food.
(b) He doesn't want to have Serena give birth in a cave.
(c) He doesn't like living in a cave.
(d) He doesn't want to die in a cave.
14. After learning about the duel, what does Serena tell Brigham when she goes to his room?
(a) She tells him she wants to go with him.
(b) She tells him she is proud to be his wife.
(c) She tells him she is tried of fighting with him.
(d) She tells him he is wonderful.
15. What does Brigham do while sword fighting with the Colonel?
(a) He likes playing with the other man's head.
(b) He reminds Standish what he does to Fiona so he knows why he is killing him.
(c) He wants to anger Standish so he makes a mistake.
(d) He always makes small talk during a duel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time are Serena and Brigham married?
2. How does the Prince finally proceed with the war?
3. What does Serena tell Brigham she does if he is killed?
4. Where does Brigham go before leaving London?
5. What does the Prince decide about a battle at Drumossie Moor?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)