|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the duel between Bringham and the Colonel end?
(a) Standish is dead and Brigham doesn't have a mark on him.
(b) Brigham is wounded, but Standish is dead.
(c) Brigham is wounded and Standish runs away.
(d) Brigham is nearly killed and concedes.
2. What do Coll and Malcolm see from the ridge that overlooked Glenroe?
(b) Everyone running for cover.
(c) A hundred dragoons.
(d) Smoke from their burning home.
3. What do both Brigham and Serena admit after making love?
(a) That they want to run away.
(b) That they want to live together.
(c) That they love each other.
(d) That they can never get married.
4. What does Serena do when Brigham regains consciousness?
(a) She asks Gwen to check him over.
(b) She kisses him.
(c) She cries.
(d) She calls everyone to tell them.
5. Why does Brigham remember the name Colonel Standish?
(a) He fights against him before.
(b) He is an old friend.
(c) He is the man who rapes Fiona.
(d) He is a neighbor he dislikes.
6. What does Brigham ask Prince Charles permission to do?
(a) To be his best man.
(b) Get married to Serena at Holyrood.
(c) To be able to take Serena home to be married.
(d) To use the Prince's chambers that night.
7. After winning at Edinburgh, what does the Prince do?
(a) He declares the war won.
(b) He celebrates with a huge ball.
(c) He sends half his troops home to rest.
(d) He sets up a royal court at Holyrood House.
8. How does Murray advise the Prince to proceed with the war?
(a) To withdraw for the winter and regroup to launch the war in the spring.
(b) To move on so they don't freeze in one spot.
(c) To sleep on it before making any more decisions.
(d) To move on now before they lose more men.
9. Why does Brigham want them to travel to Skye?
(a) Because they are sitting ducks where they are.
(b) Because he wants to vacation there.
(c) Because it is a good place for a honeymoon.
(d) Because he has family there that help them.
10. Who shows up when Serena and the family are hiding in the cave?
(a) Brigham and Coll.
(b) English dragoons.
(c) No one.
(d) Several Scots in need of help.
11. What does Commander Murray tell Prince Charles about the land at Drumossie Moor?
(a) It is a beautiful place that the Highlanders remember forever.
(b) It is not a good location for the Highlanders to fight.
(c) It is a location where they win the war against the English.
(d) It is the perfect location for their next battle against the English.
12. What does Coll suspect the dragoons are going to do next after they left Glenroe?
(a) Move on to the next village.
(b) Return to their fort.
(c) Search the hills.
(d) Go back to London.
13. When Maggie asks if her baby is going to die, what does Serena reply?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) You are going to fight.
(c) MacGregor's don't give up.
(d) No one is going to die.
14. In Chapter 13, what does Brigham ask Serena to do if something happens to him?
(a) To make sure they have a hiding place in case they are attacked at Glenroe.
(b) To get the chest and strongbox in his chamber.
(c) To be careful on the road back to Glenroe.
(d) If she is with child, to name the child after his father.
15. Why does Brigham join the game of dice with Colonel Standish?
(a) To have a little fun before leaving London.
(b) To get some money for the war effort.
(c) To win and anger Standish.
(d) To relax a little.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Brigham during the battle of Drumossie Moor?
2. In Chapter Eleven, why does Fiona ask Serena to sit down?
3. As they marched to war, what is Brigham thinking about the men?
4. In Chapter Nine when Serena is out riding, what is she thinking Brigham does after the war?
5. What is the next stumbling block to Serena and Brigham getting married?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)