|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Commander O'Sullivan have to say about a battle at Drumossie Moor?
(a) The Highlanders fight and win any place.
(b) The Highlanders prove themselves capable warriors.
(c) That they are considered cowards if they turn back again.
(d) That he feels it is a perfect day for a battle.
2. Why does Brigham want to leave the cave as soon as possible?
(a) He doesn't want to die in a cave.
(b) He's afraid they don't have enough food.
(c) He doesn't like living in a cave.
(d) He doesn't want to have Serena give birth in a cave.
3. Why does Serena apologize to Parkins?
(a) For telling him he doesn't marry Mrs. Drummond.
(b) For speaking to him harshly.
(c) For not appreciating him.
(d) For complaining about his work.
4. What time are Serena and Brigham married?
(a) 3:00 P.M..
(c) 6:00 P.M..
5. What does Serena do when Brigham leaves for London the following morning?
(a) She tells her father she wants to be a nun.
(b) She says good riddance.
(c) She tells her mother to intervien on her behalf so she doesn't have to marry Brigham.
(d) She cries from a broken heart.
6. What does Brigham ask Prince Charles permission to do?
(a) To be his best man.
(b) To use the Prince's chambers that night.
(c) Get married to Serena at Holyrood.
(d) To be able to take Serena home to be married.
7. How does the Prince finally proceed with the war?
(a) They retreat.
(b) They move forward.
(c) He flip a coin.
(d) He decide to think on it longer.
8. What does Serena say to Brigham when he continues to insist she marries him, whether she agrees or not?
(a) That she would run away so he doesn't find her.
(b) That she'd rather marry a two-headed toad.
(c) That she'd rather marry a snake.
(d) That she makes his life miserable.
9. In Chapter Eleven, why does Fiona ask Serena to sit down?
(a) She has a problem and wants to talk to Serena about it.
(b) She is upset because Serena is keeping secrets.
(c) She is angry because Serena is neglecting her chores.
(d) She senses there is something wrong with Serena and wants to talk about it.
10. What are Brigham's final words on the subject of marriage before the end of Chapter Nine?
(a) That he marries her if he has to tie her up for the wedding.
(b) That he brings a preacher back from London.
(c) That he speaks to her father when he returns to London.
(d) That he never loves another but her.
11. What is the last thing Brigham say to Serena at the end of Chapter Twelve?
(a) We grow old together.
(b) I'm exhausted.
(c) None of the answers are correct.
(d) Let's get some sleep.
12. In Chapter Nine when Serena is out riding, what is she thinking Brigham does after the war?
(a) Return to her.
(b) Travel abroad.
(c) Return to London.
(d) Find another woman.
13. What does Brigham tell Malcolm when the boy is unhappy because he cannot go to war with the men?
(a) He is needed at home to help protect the women.
(b) He can go if he proves his ability with a claymore.
(c) He'll be old enough to fight in the next war.
(d) He is foolish to think such a thing.
14. What does Brigham think they should do about the war?
(a) Move on before they lose more momentum.
(b) He agrees with Murray.
(d) He has no thoughts on the subject.
15. What does Serena tell Brigham she does if he is killed?
(a) She hates him forever.
(b) She never marries another man.
(c) She dies of sadness.
(d) She remains a spinster.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Brigham talks about their being together after the war, how does Serena respond?
2. Why does Brigham join the game of dice with Colonel Standish?
3. Where does Brigham go before leaving London?
4. When does the March finally begin?
5. Back at Glenroe, what do Serena and Malcolm do when they learn the English are getting closer?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)