|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do both Brigham and Serena admit after making love?
(a) That they can never get married.
(b) That they want to live together.
(c) That they want to run away.
(d) That they love each other.
2. What are Brigham's final words on the subject of marriage before the end of Chapter Nine?
(a) That he never loves another but her.
(b) That he speaks to her father when he returns to London.
(c) That he brings a preacher back from London.
(d) That he marries her if he has to tie her up for the wedding.
3. What does Serena say to Brigham when he continues to insist she marries him, whether she agrees or not?
(a) That she'd rather marry a snake.
(b) That she would run away so he doesn't find her.
(c) That she makes his life miserable.
(d) That she'd rather marry a two-headed toad.
4. Back at Glenroe, what do Serena and Malcolm do when they learn the English are getting closer?
(a) They plan an escape route to Ireland.
(b) They plan to stock up a cave to hide in if they have to leave.
(c) They have a hut deep in the forest they stock as a hiding place.
(d) The prepare a secret passage into the basement.
5. What does Serena do when she hears about the duel?
(a) She doesn't do anything.
(b) She cheers that Standish is dead.
(c) She agrees to marry Brigham.
(d) She cries because Brigham is hurt.
6. Why does Brigham join the game of dice with Colonel Standish?
(a) To win and anger Standish.
(b) To get some money for the war effort.
(c) To relax a little.
(d) To have a little fun before leaving London.
7. Seeing the battle is lost, what do Brigham and Coll finally decide to do?
(a) They decide to head for Glenroe to get the family to safety.
(b) They decide to get some sleep.
(c) They decide to fight some more.
(d) They decide to hide.
8. What is wrong with Maggie's baby?
(a) The baby needs to be delivered by C-section.
(c) The baby is breach.
(d) The baby stops moving.
9. Their are 3,000 men when they capture what city after a short battle?
10. When France withholds their support of the rebellion, what does Prince Charles do to raise money?
(a) Pawns his mother's rubies.
(b) He uses his trustfund.
(c) He sells two frigates.
(d) He seeks help from Spain.
11. What does Brigham think they should do about the war?
(b) Move on before they lose more momentum.
(c) He agrees with Murray.
(d) He has no thoughts on the subject.
12. What does Serena tell her mother she doesn't want to be?
(a) Lady Ashburn.
(b) A woman.
(c) A housewife.
(d) A mother.
13. In Chapter 13, what does Brigham ask Serena to do if something happens to him?
(a) To make sure they have a hiding place in case they are attacked at Glenroe.
(b) If she is with child, to name the child after his father.
(c) To be careful on the road back to Glenroe.
(d) To get the chest and strongbox in his chamber.
14. What does Brigham threaten to do to force her to marry him?
(a) Lock her in a room until she agrees.
(b) Tell her father he compromises her.
(c) Kidnap her.
(d) Get her pregnant.
15. What does Serena confess to her mother about her relationship with Brigham?
(a) That she would rather lose him than shame him.
(b) That she and Brigham are getting married.
(c) That she and Brigham make love.
(d) That she and Brigham are courting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Serena do when Brigham regains consciousness?
2. Why does Brigham want to leave the cave as soon as possible?
3. What does Fiona tell Serena about the duel Brigham fights with Standish?
4. When Maggie asks if her baby is going to die, what does Serena reply?
5. Why does Brigham want them to travel to Skye?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)