|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Back at Glenroe, what do Serena and Malcolm do when they learn the English are getting closer?
(a) The prepare a secret passage into the basement.
(b) They plan to stock up a cave to hide in if they have to leave.
(c) They have a hut deep in the forest they stock as a hiding place.
(d) They plan an escape route to Ireland.
2. In Chapter Nine when Serena is out riding, what is she thinking Brigham does after the war?
(a) Travel abroad.
(b) Find another woman.
(c) Return to her.
(d) Return to London.
3. Who removes the bullet from Brigham?
4. What is the last thing Brigham say to Serena at the end of Chapter Twelve?
(a) We grow old together.
(b) None of the answers are correct.
(c) I'm exhausted.
(d) Let's get some sleep.
5. Why does Brigham join the game of dice with Colonel Standish?
(a) To have a little fun before leaving London.
(b) To relax a little.
(c) To get some money for the war effort.
(d) To win and anger Standish.
6. Who arrives in Edinburgh to surprise Brigham, Coll and Ian?
(a) Prince Charles.
(d) Serena and the rest of the family.
7. What does Brigham do while sword fighting with the Colonel?
(a) He reminds Standish what he does to Fiona so he knows why he is killing him.
(b) He likes playing with the other man's head.
(c) He always makes small talk during a duel.
(d) He wants to anger Standish so he makes a mistake.
8. Seeing the battle is lost, what do Brigham and Coll finally decide to do?
(a) They decide to head for Glenroe to get the family to safety.
(b) They decide to fight some more.
(c) They decide to hide.
(d) They decide to get some sleep.
9. What does Serena do when she hears about the duel?
(a) She cheers that Standish is dead.
(b) She doesn't do anything.
(c) She cries because Brigham is hurt.
(d) She agrees to marry Brigham.
10. When Brigham talks about their being together after the war, how does Serena respond?
(a) She doesn't want to live in London.
(b) She doesn't shame her family.
(c) She doesn't love him enough.
(d) She doesn't want to leave her family.
11. How bad does Gwen say Brigham's wound is?
(a) It isn't as bad as it looks.
(b) It needs stiches.
(c) It takes a long time to heal.
(d) He needs a doctor
12. In the final pages of Chapter Thirteen, after the battle when some of the men want to go after the English army, what does Brigham say?
(a) All the answers are correct.
(b) Their own dead and wounded will be taken back to Inverness.
(c) The English dead should be buried.
(d) They should to tend to their men.
13. What are Brigham's final words on the subject of marriage before the end of Chapter Nine?
(a) That he never loves another but her.
(b) That he marries her if he has to tie her up for the wedding.
(c) That he brings a preacher back from London.
(d) That he speaks to her father when he returns to London.
14. What does Brigham ask Prince Charles permission to do?
(a) To use the Prince's chambers that night.
(b) To be his best man.
(c) Get married to Serena at Holyrood.
(d) To be able to take Serena home to be married.
15. What teasing warning does Serena give Brigham about ever having a mistress?
(a) She kills her and him, but him more horribly.
(b) She packs his bags and leaves them outside.
(c) She divorces him.
(d) She throws him out on his ear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do both Brigham and Serena admit after making love?
2. As the first cannon explodes near Culloden House what is happening at Glenroe?
3. After nearly three weeks of rest, what are Coll and Brigham thinking?
4. What does Fiona tell Serena about the duel Brigham fights with Standish?
5. Why does Serena try to ride away when she sees Brigham riding in her direction?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)