|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brigham see happening to Coll during the battle of Drumossie Moor?
(a) He sees Coll get shot.
(b) He sees Coll fighting three English dragoons.
(c) He sees Coll trying to run away.
(d) He sees Coll trip over the bodies of Highlanders.
2. What teasing warning does Serena give Brigham about ever having a mistress?
(a) She divorces him.
(b) She throws him out on his ear.
(c) She packs his bags and leaves them outside.
(d) She kills her and him, but him more horribly.
3. Who dies in the battle at Stirling?
(c) Prince Charles.
4. Filled with gossip, what does Malcolm tell Brigham about Maggie?
(a) That she is homesick.
(b) That she is going to divorce Coll if he goes to war.
(c) That she is going to have a baby.
(d) That she is going back to the MacDonald clan.
5. Their are 3,000 men when they capture what city after a short battle?
6. What does Brigham tell Malcolm when the boy is unhappy because he cannot go to war with the men?
(a) He is needed at home to help protect the women.
(b) He'll be old enough to fight in the next war.
(c) He is foolish to think such a thing.
(d) He can go if he proves his ability with a claymore.
7. Who arrives in Edinburgh to surprise Brigham, Coll and Ian?
(c) Prince Charles.
(d) Serena and the rest of the family.
8. As the battle starts at Drumossie Moor, what happens to the Highlanders?
(a) They are cut down by the English.
(b) They are too hungry to fight.
(c) Some step on land mines and are killed.
(d) Several run away.
9. How does the duel between Bringham and the Colonel end?
(a) Brigham is nearly killed and concedes.
(b) Brigham is wounded and Standish runs away.
(c) Standish is dead and Brigham doesn't have a mark on him.
(d) Brigham is wounded, but Standish is dead.
10. What does Brigham ask Prince Charles permission to do?
(a) To use the Prince's chambers that night.
(b) Get married to Serena at Holyrood.
(c) To be able to take Serena home to be married.
(d) To be his best man.
11. What does Serena confess to her mother about her relationship with Brigham?
(a) That she would rather lose him than shame him.
(b) That she and Brigham make love.
(c) That she and Brigham are courting.
(d) That she and Brigham are getting married.
12. What happens when Serena realizes he wants her to marry him, not be his mistress?
(a) She's happy and kisses him.
(b) She cries.
(c) She's angry because he's being so bossy.
(d) She asks where the engagement ring is.
13. What does Fiona tell Serena about the duel Brigham fights with Standish?
(a) That it isn't his duty to do it.
(b) That he avenges her honor.
(c) That he is foolish to duel.
(d) That she is upset that Brigham does it.
14. What does Brigham say in the morning as he looks out over Drumossie Moor?
(a) They beat the English there.
(b) They all run away.
(c) They are all going to die there.
(d) It ends there for better or worse.
15. What does Brigham think about as his men moving back toward Inverness?
(a) It is better to run than to die.
(b) It is time to retreat.
(c) It is time for a vacation.
(d) How close the dragoons are to Glenroe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Back at Glenroe, what do Serena and Malcolm do when they learn the English are getting closer?
2. What does Brigham think they should do about the war?
3. What is the last thing Brigham say to Serena at the end of Chapter Twelve?
4. What news does Brigham have for Serena after he comes to their room and finds her crying in Chapter 13?
5. What does Serena do when Brigham regains consciousness?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)