|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fiona tell Serena about the duel Brigham fights with Standish?
(a) That it isn't his duty to do it.
(b) That she is upset that Brigham does it.
(c) That he avenges her honor.
(d) That he is foolish to duel.
2. What does Brigham tell Malcolm when the boy is unhappy because he cannot go to war with the men?
(a) He is needed at home to help protect the women.
(b) He'll be old enough to fight in the next war.
(c) He can go if he proves his ability with a claymore.
(d) He is foolish to think such a thing.
3. After Serena goes to Brigham's room, what does Brigham say to assure Serena of his feelings for her?
(a) He thinks of her every minute he is gone.
(b) She is the wife and woman he needs.
(c) She is beautiful.
(d) He never looks at another woman.
4. Back at Glenroe, what do Serena and Malcolm do when they learn the English are getting closer?
(a) The prepare a secret passage into the basement.
(b) They plan to stock up a cave to hide in if they have to leave.
(c) They plan an escape route to Ireland.
(d) They have a hut deep in the forest they stock as a hiding place.
5. What teasing warning does Serena give Brigham about ever having a mistress?
(a) She packs his bags and leaves them outside.
(b) She throws him out on his ear.
(c) She divorces him.
(d) She kills her and him, but him more horribly.
6. What do Coll and Malcolm see from the ridge that overlooked Glenroe?
(a) Everyone running for cover.
(b) Smoke from their burning home.
(c) A hundred dragoons.
7. After learning about the duel, what does Serena tell Brigham when she goes to his room?
(a) She tells him she is tried of fighting with him.
(b) She tells him she is proud to be his wife.
(c) She tells him she wants to go with him.
(d) She tells him he is wonderful.
8. When they leave the reception in honor of their wedding, where does Brigham carry Serena?
(a) To the infirmary.
(b) To his room at Holyrood.
(c) To the dancefloor.
(d) To their room at the hotel.
9. As the first cannon explodes near Culloden House what is happening at Glenroe?
(a) Fiona suggests they pack their things.
(b) Malcolm runs away to fight.
(c) Maggie is in labor.
(d) Serena and the family go to the cave.
10. What does Ian MacGregor tell Serena before the wedding?
(a) Always listen to your husband and you are happy.
(b) Make me a happy grandfather.
(c) She takes her husbands name, but she always is a MacGregor.
(d) I hope you are as happy as your mother and I are.
11. What does Brigham do while sword fighting with the Colonel?
(a) He wants to anger Standish so he makes a mistake.
(b) He always makes small talk during a duel.
(c) He reminds Standish what he does to Fiona so he knows why he is killing him.
(d) He likes playing with the other man's head.
12. Why does Brigham want the duel the Colonel?
(a) To avenge Fiona's mistreatment by Standish.
(b) To stop being bored.
(c) To have a little fun.
(d) To get rid of an evil man.
13. Why does the Earl of Whitesmouth visit Brigham at his home?
(a) To warn him to get out of town quickly.
(b) To update him on some gossip.
(c) To challenge him to a game of cards.
(d) To offer his daughter's hand in marriage.
14. Filled with gossip, what does Malcolm tell Brigham about Maggie?
(a) That she is going to have a baby.
(b) That she is going back to the MacDonald clan.
(c) That she is homesick.
(d) That she is going to divorce Coll if he goes to war.
15. What does the Prince decide about a battle at Drumossie Moor?
(a) They sneak around and attack the English from behind.
(b) They retreat.
(c) They send men out to set fires around the English so they are trapped.
(d) They stay and fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Coll suspect the dragoons are going to do next after they left Glenroe?
2. In Chapter 13, what does Brigham ask Serena to do if something happens to him?
3. What happens when Serena realizes he wants her to marry him, not be his mistress?
4. How does Murray advise the Prince to proceed with the war?
5. What does Brigham ask Prince Charles permission to do?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)