|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the duel between Bringham and the Colonel end?
(a) Brigham is wounded, but Standish is dead.
(b) Brigham is nearly killed and concedes.
(c) Brigham is wounded and Standish runs away.
(d) Standish is dead and Brigham doesn't have a mark on him.
2. After nearly three weeks of rest, what are Coll and Brigham thinking?
(a) The balls and receptions can wait.
(b) The Prince's two commanders don't agree on anything.
(c) All the answers are correct.
(d) They should be moving on toward London.
3. What does Fiona tell Serena to do when she refuses to leave Brigham's side?
(a) To put her head on her lap as she does when she is a child.
(b) To stop being stubborn.
(c) To sit up all night if she wants to.
(d) To go to bed, she watches after him.
4. As they marched to war, what is Brigham thinking about the men?
(a) They don't think about mortality, but of victory and justice too long denied.
(b) All it takes to bring them together is the energy and force of the Prince.
(c) Their spirits are high.
(d) All answers are correct.
5. What does Brigham tell Malcolm when the boy is unhappy because he cannot go to war with the men?
(a) He is foolish to think such a thing.
(b) He can go if he proves his ability with a claymore.
(c) He is needed at home to help protect the women.
(d) He'll be old enough to fight in the next war.
6. How does Serena feel about life at the royal court?
(a) She loves the pomp and circumstance.
(b) She wants to have a honeymoon cruise.
(c) She wants to be with Brigham in the Highlands.
(d) Shes with Brigham in London.
7. What is Serena trying to tell Brigham when he asks her to go to America with him?
(a) That she wants to stay in Skye.
(b) That she wants to go to France.
(c) That she doesn't want to go to America.
(d) That she is going into labor.
8. What are Brigham's final words on the subject of marriage before the end of Chapter Nine?
(a) That he speaks to her father when he returns to London.
(b) That he marries her if he has to tie her up for the wedding.
(c) That he brings a preacher back from London.
(d) That he never loves another but her.
9. What does Serena do when she hears about the duel?
(a) She cheers that Standish is dead.
(b) She agrees to marry Brigham.
(c) She doesn't do anything.
(d) She cries because Brigham is hurt.
10. Why does Brigham want to leave the cave as soon as possible?
(a) He's afraid they don't have enough food.
(b) He doesn't want to die in a cave.
(c) He doesn't want to have Serena give birth in a cave.
(d) He doesn't like living in a cave.
11. Who dies in the battle at Stirling?
(c) Prince Charles.
12. What teasing warning does Serena give Brigham about ever having a mistress?
(a) She kills her and him, but him more horribly.
(b) She throws him out on his ear.
(c) She packs his bags and leaves them outside.
(d) She divorces him.
13. Why does Brigham remember the name Colonel Standish?
(a) He is a neighbor he dislikes.
(b) He is the man who rapes Fiona.
(c) He is an old friend.
(d) He fights against him before.
14. What does Serena confess to her mother about her relationship with Brigham?
(a) That she and Brigham make love.
(b) That she and Brigham are getting married.
(c) That she would rather lose him than shame him.
(d) That she and Brigham are courting.
15. Why does the Earl of Whitesmouth visit Brigham at his home?
(a) To warn him to get out of town quickly.
(b) To offer his daughter's hand in marriage.
(c) To challenge him to a game of cards.
(d) To update him on some gossip.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens as Serena thinks about looking outside the cave for her brothers?
2. What does Brigham think about as his men moving back toward Inverness?
3. What does Brigham say in the morning as he looks out over Drumossie Moor?
4. How bad does Gwen say Brigham's wound is?
5. What news does Brigham have for Serena after he comes to their room and finds her crying in Chapter 13?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)