|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the March finally begin?
(a) October 31.
(b) November 1.
(c) November 10.
(d) December 1.
2. When Maggie asks if her baby is going to die, what does Serena reply?
(a) MacGregor's don't give up.
(b) No one is going to die.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) You are going to fight.
3. What happens when Serena asks Brigham to make love with her?
(a) Brigham says not before they are married.
(b) Brigham agrees without hesitation.
(c) Brigham says no and rides away.
(d) Brigham hesitates, then finally gives in.
4. Why does Brigham want them to travel to Skye?
(a) Because it is a good place for a honeymoon.
(b) Because he wants to vacation there.
(c) Because he has family there that help them.
(d) Because they are sitting ducks where they are.
5. What is the last thing Brigham say to Serena at the end of Chapter Twelve?
(a) We grow old together.
(b) I'm exhausted.
(c) Let's get some sleep.
(d) None of the answers are correct.
6. How does the duel between Bringham and the Colonel end?
(a) Brigham is wounded, but Standish is dead.
(b) Brigham is nearly killed and concedes.
(c) Standish is dead and Brigham doesn't have a mark on him.
(d) Brigham is wounded and Standish runs away.
7. Who exercises privileges by claiming a dance with Serena?
(b) Prince Charles.
8. What does Brigham ask Prince Charles permission to do?
(a) Get married to Serena at Holyrood.
(b) To be able to take Serena home to be married.
(c) To use the Prince's chambers that night.
(d) To be his best man.
9. Seeing the battle is lost, what do Brigham and Coll finally decide to do?
(a) They decide to hide.
(b) They decide to fight some more.
(c) They decide to get some sleep.
(d) They decide to head for Glenroe to get the family to safety.
10. What does Serena do when Brigham leaves for London the following morning?
(a) She tells her father she wants to be a nun.
(b) She says good riddance.
(c) She cries from a broken heart.
(d) She tells her mother to intervien on her behalf so she doesn't have to marry Brigham.
11. What happens when Serena realizes he wants her to marry him, not be his mistress?
(a) She's angry because he's being so bossy.
(b) She asks where the engagement ring is.
(c) She's happy and kisses him.
(d) She cries.
12. After being back in London for six weeks, what does Brigham discover?
(a) His home in London is beautiful.
(b) He has gardens to be boasted.
(c) While London is his home, it is no longer his heart.
(d) He has every comfortable pleasure there.
13. Their are 3,000 men when they capture what city after a short battle?
14. What does the Prince decide about a battle at Drumossie Moor?
(a) They send men out to set fires around the English so they are trapped.
(b) They stay and fight.
(c) They retreat.
(d) They sneak around and attack the English from behind.
15. In Chapter Eleven, what is happening between Parsins and Mrs. Drummond?
(a) They are going to retire.
(b) They are planning a going away party.
(c) They are courting.
(d) They are arguing a lot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Brigham have for Serena after he comes to their room and finds her crying in Chapter 13?
2. Why does Brigham join the game of dice with Colonel Standish?
3. What are Brigham's final words on the subject of marriage before the end of Chapter Nine?
4. What does Brigham learn about the Jacobites in London?
5. Why does Serena apologize to Parkins?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)