|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Brigham go before leaving London?
(a) To his club.
(b) To a meeting.
(c) To the doctor.
(d) To a cigar bar.
2. How bad does Gwen say Brigham's wound is?
(a) It takes a long time to heal.
(b) It isn't as bad as it looks.
(c) He needs a doctor
(d) It needs stiches.
3. In Chapter Eleven, why does Fiona ask Serena to sit down?
(a) She is upset because Serena is keeping secrets.
(b) She has a problem and wants to talk to Serena about it.
(c) She is angry because Serena is neglecting her chores.
(d) She senses there is something wrong with Serena and wants to talk about it.
4. What happens as Serena thinks about looking outside the cave for her brothers?
(a) She goes into labor.
(b) The baby starts to cry.
(c) A dragoon comes into the opening of the cave.
(d) Her brother's return.
5. What are Brigham's final words on the subject of marriage before the end of Chapter Nine?
(a) That he speaks to her father when he returns to London.
(b) That he never loves another but her.
(c) That he brings a preacher back from London.
(d) That he marries her if he has to tie her up for the wedding.
6. In Chapter Eleven, what is happening between Parsins and Mrs. Drummond?
(a) They are planning a going away party.
(b) They are going to retire.
(c) They are courting.
(d) They are arguing a lot.
7. What does Brigham say in the morning as he looks out over Drumossie Moor?
(a) They are all going to die there.
(b) They beat the English there.
(c) They all run away.
(d) It ends there for better or worse.
8. Why does Serena apologize to Parkins?
(a) For speaking to him harshly.
(b) For telling him he doesn't marry Mrs. Drummond.
(c) For complaining about his work.
(d) For not appreciating him.
9. What does Serena say to Brigham when he continues to insist she marries him, whether she agrees or not?
(a) That she makes his life miserable.
(b) That she'd rather marry a snake.
(c) That she would run away so he doesn't find her.
(d) That she'd rather marry a two-headed toad.
10. How does Serena feel about life at the royal court?
(a) She loves the pomp and circumstance.
(b) She wants to be with Brigham in the Highlands.
(c) Shes with Brigham in London.
(d) She wants to have a honeymoon cruise.
11. Why does the Earl of Whitesmouth visit Brigham at his home?
(a) To offer his daughter's hand in marriage.
(b) To challenge him to a game of cards.
(c) To warn him to get out of town quickly.
(d) To update him on some gossip.
12. What does Brigham think they should do about the war?
(a) He agrees with Murray.
(b) Move on before they lose more momentum.
(d) He has no thoughts on the subject.
13. What does Brigham think about as his men moving back toward Inverness?
(a) It is time for a vacation.
(b) It is time to retreat.
(c) It is better to run than to die.
(d) How close the dragoons are to Glenroe.
14. What does Brigham do while sword fighting with the Colonel?
(a) He likes playing with the other man's head.
(b) He wants to anger Standish so he makes a mistake.
(c) He always makes small talk during a duel.
(d) He reminds Standish what he does to Fiona so he knows why he is killing him.
15. What does Brigham threaten to do to force her to marry him?
(a) Get her pregnant.
(b) Kidnap her.
(c) Lock her in a room until she agrees.
(d) Tell her father he compromises her.
Short Answer Questions
1. After being back in London for six weeks, what does Brigham discover?
2. Their are 3,000 men when they capture what city after a short battle?
3. What does Serena tell Brigham she does if he is killed?
4. In Chapter Nine when Serena is out riding, what is she thinking Brigham does after the war?
5. Who removes the bullet from Brigham?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)