|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Brigham go before leaving London?
(a) To a meeting.
(b) To his club.
(c) To the doctor.
(d) To a cigar bar.
2. When they leave the reception in honor of their wedding, where does Brigham carry Serena?
(a) To his room at Holyrood.
(b) To their room at the hotel.
(c) To the infirmary.
(d) To the dancefloor.
3. When does the March finally begin?
(a) November 1.
(b) December 1.
(c) October 31.
(d) November 10.
4. Back at Glenroe, what do Serena and Malcolm do when they learn the English are getting closer?
(a) They plan to stock up a cave to hide in if they have to leave.
(b) They have a hut deep in the forest they stock as a hiding place.
(c) The prepare a secret passage into the basement.
(d) They plan an escape route to Ireland.
5. What does Serena finally admit to Brigham after he catches up to her and forces her to talk?
(a) She doesn't want him to leave her and go to London.
(b) She doesn't want him to come back from London.
(c) She wants to go with him to London.
(d) She wants them to go away and forget the war plans.
6. As they marched to war, what is Brigham thinking about the men?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) All it takes to bring them together is the energy and force of the Prince.
(c) They don't think about mortality, but of victory and justice too long denied.
(d) Their spirits are high.
7. Why does Brigham want to leave the cave as soon as possible?
(a) He doesn't like living in a cave.
(b) He doesn't want to die in a cave.
(c) He's afraid they don't have enough food.
(d) He doesn't want to have Serena give birth in a cave.
8. What happens when Serena realizes he wants her to marry him, not be his mistress?
(a) She's angry because he's being so bossy.
(b) She cries.
(c) She asks where the engagement ring is.
(d) She's happy and kisses him.
9. In the final pages of Chapter Thirteen, after the battle when some of the men want to go after the English army, what does Brigham say?
(a) The English dead should be buried.
(b) They should to tend to their men.
(c) Their own dead and wounded will be taken back to Inverness.
(d) All the answers are correct.
10. Why does the Earl of Whitesmouth visit Brigham at his home?
(a) To warn him to get out of town quickly.
(b) To challenge him to a game of cards.
(c) To update him on some gossip.
(d) To offer his daughter's hand in marriage.
11. What happens as Serena thinks about looking outside the cave for her brothers?
(a) She goes into labor.
(b) The baby starts to cry.
(c) A dragoon comes into the opening of the cave.
(d) Her brother's return.
12. What are Brigham's final words on the subject of marriage before the end of Chapter Nine?
(a) That he brings a preacher back from London.
(b) That he speaks to her father when he returns to London.
(c) That he marries her if he has to tie her up for the wedding.
(d) That he never loves another but her.
13. Filled with gossip, what does Malcolm tell Brigham about Maggie?
(a) That she is going to divorce Coll if he goes to war.
(b) That she is homesick.
(c) That she is going to have a baby.
(d) That she is going back to the MacDonald clan.
14. What does Serena say to Brigham when he continues to insist she marries him, whether she agrees or not?
(a) That she'd rather marry a two-headed toad.
(b) That she'd rather marry a snake.
(c) That she makes his life miserable.
(d) That she would run away so he doesn't find her.
15. What does Brigham threaten to do to force her to marry him?
(a) Tell her father he compromises her.
(b) Lock her in a room until she agrees.
(c) Kidnap her.
(d) Get her pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last thing Brigham say to Serena at the end of Chapter Twelve?
2. Who exercises privileges by claiming a dance with Serena?
3. When France withholds their support of the rebellion, what does Prince Charles do to raise money?
4. Why does Brigham join the game of dice with Colonel Standish?
5. As the battle starts at Drumossie Moor, what happens to the Highlanders?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)