|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the final pages of Chapter Thirteen, after the battle when some of the men want to go after the English army, what does Brigham say?
(a) Their own dead and wounded will be taken back to Inverness.
(b) All the answers are correct.
(c) The English dead should be buried.
(d) They should to tend to their men.
2. What does Serena tell Brigham she does if he is killed?
(a) She dies of sadness.
(b) She hates him forever.
(c) She never marries another man.
(d) She remains a spinster.
3. What happens when everyone in the cave is threatened by English soldiers?
(a) Malcolm shoots one with an arrow.
(b) Coll has a swordfight with one, and Serena shoots the last one.
(c) Serena and Parkins shoot two of them.
(d) All the answers are correct.
4. When they leave the reception in honor of their wedding, where does Brigham carry Serena?
(a) To the dancefloor.
(b) To their room at the hotel.
(c) To his room at Holyrood.
(d) To the infirmary.
5. Why does Brigham remember the name Colonel Standish?
(a) He fights against him before.
(b) He is an old friend.
(c) He is a neighbor he dislikes.
(d) He is the man who rapes Fiona.
6. Filled with gossip, what does Malcolm tell Brigham about Maggie?
(a) That she is going to have a baby.
(b) That she is going back to the MacDonald clan.
(c) That she is homesick.
(d) That she is going to divorce Coll if he goes to war.
7. As they marched to war, what is Brigham thinking about the men?
(a) Their spirits are high.
(b) All it takes to bring them together is the energy and force of the Prince.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) They don't think about mortality, but of victory and justice too long denied.
8. What does Brigham ask Prince Charles permission to do?
(a) Get married to Serena at Holyrood.
(b) To use the Prince's chambers that night.
(c) To be his best man.
(d) To be able to take Serena home to be married.
9. What is Serena trying to tell Brigham when he asks her to go to America with him?
(a) That she doesn't want to go to America.
(b) That she is going into labor.
(c) That she wants to go to France.
(d) That she wants to stay in Skye.
10. What does Brigham think they should do about the war?
(b) He agrees with Murray.
(c) He has no thoughts on the subject.
(d) Move on before they lose more momentum.
11. What does Whtesmouth tell Brigham about the fight to come?
(a) He is ready to return home.
(b) He is ready for a good fight.
(c) The troops lose their momentum in Edinburgh.
(d) They are about to lose a big battle.
12. As the first cannon explodes near Culloden House what is happening at Glenroe?
(a) Fiona suggests they pack their things.
(b) Serena and the family go to the cave.
(c) Maggie is in labor.
(d) Malcolm runs away to fight.
13. What do both Brigham and Serena admit after making love?
(a) That they love each other.
(b) That they want to run away.
(c) That they can never get married.
(d) That they want to live together.
14. What does Brigham think about as his men moving back toward Inverness?
(a) How close the dragoons are to Glenroe.
(b) It is better to run than to die.
(c) It is time for a vacation.
(d) It is time to retreat.
15. Why does Serena try to ride away when she sees Brigham riding in her direction?
(a) Because she is crying.
(b) She doesn't know it's him.
(c) She wants to race him.
(d) She doesn't want to admit she misses him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Serena do when Brigham regains consciousness?
2. Who removes the bullet from Brigham?
3. Why does Serena apologize to Parkins?
4. What does Serena tell her mother she doesn't want to be?
5. In Chapter Nine when Serena is out riding, what is she thinking Brigham does after the war?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)