|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Murray advise the Prince to proceed with the war?
(a) To move on now before they lose more men.
(b) To sleep on it before making any more decisions.
(c) To move on so they don't freeze in one spot.
(d) To withdraw for the winter and regroup to launch the war in the spring.
2. Why does Brigham join the game of dice with Colonel Standish?
(a) To have a little fun before leaving London.
(b) To get some money for the war effort.
(c) To win and anger Standish.
(d) To relax a little.
3. What does Brigham say in the morning as he looks out over Drumossie Moor?
(a) They beat the English there.
(b) They are all going to die there.
(c) They all run away.
(d) It ends there for better or worse.
4. Why does Brigham want them to travel to Skye?
(a) Because he has family there that help them.
(b) Because they are sitting ducks where they are.
(c) Because he wants to vacation there.
(d) Because it is a good place for a honeymoon.
5. In the final pages of Chapter Thirteen, after the battle when some of the men want to go after the English army, what does Brigham say?
(a) They should to tend to their men.
(b) The English dead should be buried.
(c) Their own dead and wounded will be taken back to Inverness.
(d) All the answers are correct.
6. Why does Brigham want to leave the cave as soon as possible?
(a) He doesn't want to have Serena give birth in a cave.
(b) He doesn't like living in a cave.
(c) He doesn't want to die in a cave.
(d) He's afraid they don't have enough food.
7. When Brigham talks about their being together after the war, how does Serena respond?
(a) She doesn't want to leave her family.
(b) She doesn't love him enough.
(c) She doesn't shame her family.
(d) She doesn't want to live in London.
8. What do Coll and Malcolm see from the ridge that overlooked Glenroe?
(b) Everyone running for cover.
(c) Smoke from their burning home.
(d) A hundred dragoons.
9. What does Coll suspect the dragoons are going to do next after they left Glenroe?
(a) Move on to the next village.
(b) Return to their fort.
(c) Search the hills.
(d) Go back to London.
10. What does Brigham think they should do about the war?
(a) He has no thoughts on the subject.
(b) Move on before they lose more momentum.
(d) He agrees with Murray.
11. Seeing the battle is lost, what do Brigham and Coll finally decide to do?
(a) They decide to fight some more.
(b) They decide to hide.
(c) They decide to head for Glenroe to get the family to safety.
(d) They decide to get some sleep.
12. After Serena goes to Brigham's room, what does Brigham say to assure Serena of his feelings for her?
(a) He thinks of her every minute he is gone.
(b) She is beautiful.
(c) She is the wife and woman he needs.
(d) He never looks at another woman.
13. What does Whtesmouth tell Brigham about the fight to come?
(a) He is ready to return home.
(b) They are about to lose a big battle.
(c) The troops lose their momentum in Edinburgh.
(d) He is ready for a good fight.
14. What does Brigham think about as his men moving back toward Inverness?
(a) It is time for a vacation.
(b) It is better to run than to die.
(c) It is time to retreat.
(d) How close the dragoons are to Glenroe.
15. Why does the Earl of Whitesmouth visit Brigham at his home?
(a) To challenge him to a game of cards.
(b) To warn him to get out of town quickly.
(c) To update him on some gossip.
(d) To offer his daughter's hand in marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. After winning at Edinburgh, what does the Prince do?
2. What does Serena say to Brigham when he continues to insist she marries him, whether she agrees or not?
3. What does Commander O'Sullivan have to say about a battle at Drumossie Moor?
4. What is Serena trying to tell Brigham when he asks her to go to America with him?
5. What does Brigham ask Prince Charles permission to do?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)