|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Serena finally admit to Brigham after he catches up to her and forces her to talk?
(a) She wants to go with him to London.
(b) She doesn't want him to come back from London.
(c) She wants them to go away and forget the war plans.
(d) She doesn't want him to leave her and go to London.
2. After being back in London for six weeks, what does Brigham discover?
(a) While London is his home, it is no longer his heart.
(b) His home in London is beautiful.
(c) He has gardens to be boasted.
(d) He has every comfortable pleasure there.
3. When they leave the reception in honor of their wedding, where does Brigham carry Serena?
(a) To the infirmary.
(b) To his room at Holyrood.
(c) To their room at the hotel.
(d) To the dancefloor.
4. What is the last thing Brigham say to Serena at the end of Chapter Twelve?
(a) None of the answers are correct.
(b) I'm exhausted.
(c) Let's get some sleep.
(d) We grow old together.
5. What happens when everyone in the cave is threatened by English soldiers?
(a) Coll has a swordfight with one, and Serena shoots the last one.
(b) Serena and Parkins shoot two of them.
(c) Malcolm shoots one with an arrow.
(d) All the answers are correct.
6. What happens as Serena thinks about looking outside the cave for her brothers?
(a) A dragoon comes into the opening of the cave.
(b) Her brother's return.
(c) The baby starts to cry.
(d) She goes into labor.
7. Who exercises privileges by claiming a dance with Serena?
(a) Prince Charles.
8. Why does the Earl of Whitesmouth visit Brigham at his home?
(a) To warn him to get out of town quickly.
(b) To challenge him to a game of cards.
(c) To update him on some gossip.
(d) To offer his daughter's hand in marriage.
9. When Maggie asks if her baby is going to die, what does Serena reply?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) No one is going to die.
(c) You are going to fight.
(d) MacGregor's don't give up.
10. After Serena goes to Brigham's room, what does Brigham say to assure Serena of his feelings for her?
(a) She is the wife and woman he needs.
(b) He never looks at another woman.
(c) She is beautiful.
(d) He thinks of her every minute he is gone.
11. What does Brigham think about as his men moving back toward Inverness?
(a) It is better to run than to die.
(b) How close the dragoons are to Glenroe.
(c) It is time to retreat.
(d) It is time for a vacation.
12. Who dies in the battle at Stirling?
(d) Prince Charles.
13. What does Serena do when Brigham leaves for London the following morning?
(a) She says good riddance.
(b) She cries from a broken heart.
(c) She tells her mother to intervien on her behalf so she doesn't have to marry Brigham.
(d) She tells her father she wants to be a nun.
14. What does Brigham see happening to Coll during the battle of Drumossie Moor?
(a) He sees Coll trying to run away.
(b) He sees Coll get shot.
(c) He sees Coll trip over the bodies of Highlanders.
(d) He sees Coll fighting three English dragoons.
15. What does Fiona tell Serena about the duel Brigham fights with Standish?
(a) That she is upset that Brigham does it.
(b) That he is foolish to duel.
(c) That it isn't his duty to do it.
(d) That he avenges her honor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bringham warn to leave London soon?
2. What does Serena do when she hears about the duel?
3. What does Coll suspect the dragoons are going to do next after they left Glenroe?
4. What teasing warning does Serena give Brigham about ever having a mistress?
5. What does Brigham do while sword fighting with the Colonel?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)