|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the first cannon explodes near Culloden House what is happening at Glenroe?
(a) Maggie is in labor.
(b) Serena and the family go to the cave.
(c) Fiona suggests they pack their things.
(d) Malcolm runs away to fight.
2. Who removes the bullet from Brigham?
3. After Serena goes to Brigham's room, what does Brigham say to assure Serena of his feelings for her?
(a) He never looks at another woman.
(b) She is the wife and woman he needs.
(c) He thinks of her every minute he is gone.
(d) She is beautiful.
4. What does Serena finally admit to Brigham after he catches up to her and forces her to talk?
(a) She doesn't want him to leave her and go to London.
(b) She wants to go with him to London.
(c) She wants them to go away and forget the war plans.
(d) She doesn't want him to come back from London.
5. Why does Brigham want the duel the Colonel?
(a) To have a little fun.
(b) To avenge Fiona's mistreatment by Standish.
(c) To stop being bored.
(d) To get rid of an evil man.
6. Why does Brigham want them to travel to Skye?
(a) Because he has family there that help them.
(b) Because he wants to vacation there.
(c) Because it is a good place for a honeymoon.
(d) Because they are sitting ducks where they are.
7. What does Brigham say in the morning as he looks out over Drumossie Moor?
(a) They are all going to die there.
(b) They all run away.
(c) They beat the English there.
(d) It ends there for better or worse.
8. Why does the Earl of Whitesmouth visit Brigham at his home?
(a) To warn him to get out of town quickly.
(b) To challenge him to a game of cards.
(c) To offer his daughter's hand in marriage.
(d) To update him on some gossip.
9. Seeing the battle is lost, what do Brigham and Coll finally decide to do?
(a) They decide to fight some more.
(b) They decide to hide.
(c) They decide to head for Glenroe to get the family to safety.
(d) They decide to get some sleep.
10. What is wrong with Maggie's baby?
(a) The baby stops moving.
(b) The baby is breach.
(c) The baby needs to be delivered by C-section.
11. What does Brigham see happening to Coll during the battle of Drumossie Moor?
(a) He sees Coll trip over the bodies of Highlanders.
(b) He sees Coll fighting three English dragoons.
(c) He sees Coll get shot.
(d) He sees Coll trying to run away.
12. What does the Prince decide about a battle at Drumossie Moor?
(a) They stay and fight.
(b) They send men out to set fires around the English so they are trapped.
(c) They sneak around and attack the English from behind.
(d) They retreat.
13. Why does Brigham remember the name Colonel Standish?
(a) He is an old friend.
(b) He fights against him before.
(c) He is a neighbor he dislikes.
(d) He is the man who rapes Fiona.
14. What does Serena do when Brigham regains consciousness?
(a) She cries.
(b) She asks Gwen to check him over.
(c) She kisses him.
(d) She calls everyone to tell them.
15. What do both Brigham and Serena admit after making love?
(a) That they can never get married.
(b) That they love each other.
(c) That they want to live together.
(d) That they want to run away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last thing Brigham say to Serena at the end of Chapter Twelve?
2. What does Brigham do while sword fighting with the Colonel?
3. What does Commander O'Sullivan have to say about a battle at Drumossie Moor?
4. In Chapter Eleven, what is happening between Parsins and Mrs. Drummond?
5. What does Fiona tell Serena about the duel Brigham fights with Standish?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)