|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Serena realizes he wants her to marry him, not be his mistress?
(a) She's happy and kisses him.
(b) She cries.
(c) She's angry because he's being so bossy.
(d) She asks where the engagement ring is.
2. What does Fiona tell Serena to do when she refuses to leave Brigham's side?
(a) To put her head on her lap as she does when she is a child.
(b) To stop being stubborn.
(c) To go to bed, she watches after him.
(d) To sit up all night if she wants to.
3. Why does Serena apologize to Parkins?
(a) For telling him he doesn't marry Mrs. Drummond.
(b) For speaking to him harshly.
(c) For complaining about his work.
(d) For not appreciating him.
4. What happens as Serena thinks about looking outside the cave for her brothers?
(a) She goes into labor.
(b) The baby starts to cry.
(c) A dragoon comes into the opening of the cave.
(d) Her brother's return.
5. In Chapter Nine when Serena is out riding, what is she thinking Brigham does after the war?
(a) Find another woman.
(b) Travel abroad.
(c) Return to her.
(d) Return to London.
6. Why does Brigham throw wine in the Colonel's face?
(a) To anger the man.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) To make the man look foolish.
(d) So the man challenges him to a duel.
7. As they marched to war, what is Brigham thinking about the men?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) They don't think about mortality, but of victory and justice too long denied.
(c) Their spirits are high.
(d) All it takes to bring them together is the energy and force of the Prince.
8. As the battle starts at Drumossie Moor, what happens to the Highlanders?
(a) Some step on land mines and are killed.
(b) They are cut down by the English.
(c) Several run away.
(d) They are too hungry to fight.
9. What does Whtesmouth tell Brigham about the fight to come?
(a) They are about to lose a big battle.
(b) The troops lose their momentum in Edinburgh.
(c) He is ready for a good fight.
(d) He is ready to return home.
10. Why does Brigham want them to travel to Skye?
(a) Because they are sitting ducks where they are.
(b) Because he wants to vacation there.
(c) Because it is a good place for a honeymoon.
(d) Because he has family there that help them.
11. Back at Glenroe, what do Serena and Malcolm do when they learn the English are getting closer?
(a) They plan to stock up a cave to hide in if they have to leave.
(b) The prepare a secret passage into the basement.
(c) They plan an escape route to Ireland.
(d) They have a hut deep in the forest they stock as a hiding place.
12. What does Brigham see happening to Coll during the battle of Drumossie Moor?
(a) He sees Coll fighting three English dragoons.
(b) He sees Coll trip over the bodies of Highlanders.
(c) He sees Coll trying to run away.
(d) He sees Coll get shot.
13. What does Serena say to Brigham when he continues to insist she marries him, whether she agrees or not?
(a) That she'd rather marry a snake.
(b) That she makes his life miserable.
(c) That she would run away so he doesn't find her.
(d) That she'd rather marry a two-headed toad.
14. In Chapter 13, what does Brigham ask Serena to do if something happens to him?
(a) To make sure they have a hiding place in case they are attacked at Glenroe.
(b) To be careful on the road back to Glenroe.
(c) To get the chest and strongbox in his chamber.
(d) If she is with child, to name the child after his father.
15. How bad does Gwen say Brigham's wound is?
(a) It isn't as bad as it looks.
(b) He needs a doctor
(c) It takes a long time to heal.
(d) It needs stiches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Serena do when she hears about the duel?
2. What does Coll suspect the dragoons are going to do next after they left Glenroe?
3. What is Serena trying to tell Brigham when he asks her to go to America with him?
4. What do both Brigham and Serena admit after making love?
5. After being back in London for six weeks, what does Brigham discover?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)