|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Serena finally admit to Brigham after he catches up to her and forces her to talk?
(a) She doesn't want him to come back from London.
(b) She wants them to go away and forget the war plans.
(c) She doesn't want him to leave her and go to London.
(d) She wants to go with him to London.
2. As they marched to war, what is Brigham thinking about the men?
(a) Their spirits are high.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) They don't think about mortality, but of victory and justice too long denied.
(d) All it takes to bring them together is the energy and force of the Prince.
3. Why does Serena try to ride away when she sees Brigham riding in her direction?
(a) Because she is crying.
(b) She wants to race him.
(c) She doesn't want to admit she misses him.
(d) She doesn't know it's him.
4. Back at Glenroe, what do Serena and Malcolm do when they learn the English are getting closer?
(a) The prepare a secret passage into the basement.
(b) They have a hut deep in the forest they stock as a hiding place.
(c) They plan to stock up a cave to hide in if they have to leave.
(d) They plan an escape route to Ireland.
5. What is the next stumbling block to Serena and Brigham getting married?
(a) Serena doesn't think she can leave her parents.
(b) Serena doesn't think she can be an Earl's wife.
(c) Serena doesn't think she can make him happy.
(d) Serena doesn't think she can live in a city.
6. Seeing the battle is lost, what do Brigham and Coll finally decide to do?
(a) They decide to head for Glenroe to get the family to safety.
(b) They decide to fight some more.
(c) They decide to hide.
(d) They decide to get some sleep.
7. Why does Brigham want to leave the cave as soon as possible?
(a) He doesn't like living in a cave.
(b) He's afraid they don't have enough food.
(c) He doesn't want to die in a cave.
(d) He doesn't want to have Serena give birth in a cave.
8. What happens when Serena realizes he wants her to marry him, not be his mistress?
(a) She's angry because he's being so bossy.
(b) She's happy and kisses him.
(c) She asks where the engagement ring is.
(d) She cries.
9. Who dies in the battle at Stirling?
(c) Prince Charles.
10. After winning at Edinburgh, what does the Prince do?
(a) He sets up a royal court at Holyrood House.
(b) He sends half his troops home to rest.
(c) He declares the war won.
(d) He celebrates with a huge ball.
11. Who does Bringham warn to leave London soon?
(a) Viscount Leighton.
(d) Alice Beesley.
12. Who shows up when Serena and the family are hiding in the cave?
(a) No one.
(b) English dragoons.
(c) Several Scots in need of help.
(d) Brigham and Coll.
13. What is the last thing Brigham say to Serena at the end of Chapter Twelve?
(a) None of the answers are correct.
(b) I'm exhausted.
(c) We grow old together.
(d) Let's get some sleep.
14. What does Serena confess to her mother about her relationship with Brigham?
(a) That she and Brigham are getting married.
(b) That she and Brigham are courting.
(c) That she would rather lose him than shame him.
(d) That she and Brigham make love.
15. What do both Brigham and Serena admit after making love?
(a) That they love each other.
(b) That they want to run away.
(c) That they can never get married.
(d) That they want to live together.
Short Answer Questions
1. Their are 3,000 men when they capture what city after a short battle?
2. What does Brigham say in the morning as he looks out over Drumossie Moor?
3. In Chapter Eleven, why does Fiona ask Serena to sit down?
4. As the battle starts at Drumossie Moor, what happens to the Highlanders?
5. What does Brigham threaten to do to force her to marry him?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)