|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Prince finally proceed with the war?
(a) He flip a coin.
(b) He decide to think on it longer.
(c) They retreat.
(d) They move forward.
2. As the battle starts at Drumossie Moor, what happens to the Highlanders?
(a) They are cut down by the English.
(b) Some step on land mines and are killed.
(c) Several run away.
(d) They are too hungry to fight.
3. What does Fiona tell Serena about the duel Brigham fights with Standish?
(a) That he avenges her honor.
(b) That he is foolish to duel.
(c) That she is upset that Brigham does it.
(d) That it isn't his duty to do it.
4. Who exercises privileges by claiming a dance with Serena?
(c) Prince Charles.
5. What do Coll and Malcolm see from the ridge that overlooked Glenroe?
(a) Everyone running for cover.
(b) A hundred dragoons.
(d) Smoke from their burning home.
6. When Maggie asks if her baby is going to die, what does Serena reply?
(a) No one is going to die.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) You are going to fight.
(d) MacGregor's don't give up.
7. When they leave the reception in honor of their wedding, where does Brigham carry Serena?
(a) To his room at Holyrood.
(b) To the infirmary.
(c) To the dancefloor.
(d) To their room at the hotel.
8. What does Brigham tell Malcolm when the boy is unhappy because he cannot go to war with the men?
(a) He is foolish to think such a thing.
(b) He is needed at home to help protect the women.
(c) He'll be old enough to fight in the next war.
(d) He can go if he proves his ability with a claymore.
9. What does Brigham ask Prince Charles permission to do?
(a) To be his best man.
(b) Get married to Serena at Holyrood.
(c) To be able to take Serena home to be married.
(d) To use the Prince's chambers that night.
10. After learning about the duel, what does Serena tell Brigham when she goes to his room?
(a) She tells him she is proud to be his wife.
(b) She tells him she is tried of fighting with him.
(c) She tells him he is wonderful.
(d) She tells him she wants to go with him.
11. What is wrong with Maggie's baby?
(a) The baby needs to be delivered by C-section.
(b) The baby stops moving.
(d) The baby is breach.
12. After being back in London for six weeks, what does Brigham discover?
(a) While London is his home, it is no longer his heart.
(b) His home in London is beautiful.
(c) He has gardens to be boasted.
(d) He has every comfortable pleasure there.
13. Who dies in the battle at Stirling?
(c) Prince Charles.
14. In Chapter Eleven, what is happening between Parsins and Mrs. Drummond?
(a) They are planning a going away party.
(b) They are going to retire.
(c) They are arguing a lot.
(d) They are courting.
15. Who does Bringham warn to leave London soon?
(c) Viscount Leighton.
(d) Alice Beesley.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Brigham talks about their being together after the war, how does Serena respond?
2. What happens when everyone in the cave is threatened by English soldiers?
3. What does Coll suspect the dragoons are going to do next after they left Glenroe?
4. When France withholds their support of the rebellion, what does Prince Charles do to raise money?
5. Who removes the bullet from Brigham?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)