|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Serena feel about life at the royal court?
(a) Shes with Brigham in London.
(b) She wants to have a honeymoon cruise.
(c) She loves the pomp and circumstance.
(d) She wants to be with Brigham in the Highlands.
2. What happens when Serena asks Brigham to make love with her?
(a) Brigham says no and rides away.
(b) Brigham agrees without hesitation.
(c) Brigham hesitates, then finally gives in.
(d) Brigham says not before they are married.
3. What does Serena tell Brigham she does if he is killed?
(a) She never marries another man.
(b) She dies of sadness.
(c) She remains a spinster.
(d) She hates him forever.
4. What is the next stumbling block to Serena and Brigham getting married?
(a) Serena doesn't think she can live in a city.
(b) Serena doesn't think she can make him happy.
(c) Serena doesn't think she can leave her parents.
(d) Serena doesn't think she can be an Earl's wife.
5. Who arrives in Edinburgh to surprise Brigham, Coll and Ian?
(b) Prince Charles.
(c) Serena and the rest of the family.
6. After winning at Edinburgh, what does the Prince do?
(a) He sends half his troops home to rest.
(b) He sets up a royal court at Holyrood House.
(c) He declares the war won.
(d) He celebrates with a huge ball.
7. Who removes the bullet from Brigham?
8. Why does Brigham want to leave the cave as soon as possible?
(a) He doesn't want to die in a cave.
(b) He doesn't want to have Serena give birth in a cave.
(c) He's afraid they don't have enough food.
(d) He doesn't like living in a cave.
9. What does Brigham learn about the Jacobites in London?
(a) Many of them are changing their allegiance.
(b) There are many who are spies.
(c) While there are many, not all fight for the Prince.
(d) Some of them change parties.
10. What does Brigham ask Prince Charles permission to do?
(a) To be his best man.
(b) To be able to take Serena home to be married.
(c) Get married to Serena at Holyrood.
(d) To use the Prince's chambers that night.
11. What does Serena do when she hears about the duel?
(a) She cheers that Standish is dead.
(b) She cries because Brigham is hurt.
(c) She agrees to marry Brigham.
(d) She doesn't do anything.
12. What does Serena tell her mother she doesn't want to be?
(a) Lady Ashburn.
(b) A housewife.
(c) A mother.
(d) A woman.
13. When does the March finally begin?
(a) November 1.
(b) October 31.
(c) November 10.
(d) December 1.
14. What are Brigham's final words on the subject of marriage before the end of Chapter Nine?
(a) That he never loves another but her.
(b) That he marries her if he has to tie her up for the wedding.
(c) That he speaks to her father when he returns to London.
(d) That he brings a preacher back from London.
15. What teasing warning does Serena give Brigham about ever having a mistress?
(a) She throws him out on his ear.
(b) She packs his bags and leaves them outside.
(c) She kills her and him, but him more horribly.
(d) She divorces him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dies in the battle at Stirling?
2. In Chapter Eleven, what is happening between Parsins and Mrs. Drummond?
3. Why does Brigham want the duel the Colonel?
4. After learning about the duel, what does Serena tell Brigham when she goes to his room?
5. What does Fiona tell Serena to do when she refuses to leave Brigham's side?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)