|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After winning at Edinburgh, what does the Prince do?
(a) He sends half his troops home to rest.
(b) He celebrates with a huge ball.
(c) He declares the war won.
(d) He sets up a royal court at Holyrood House.
2. What does Fiona tell Serena to do when she refuses to leave Brigham's side?
(a) To put her head on her lap as she does when she is a child.
(b) To go to bed, she watches after him.
(c) To sit up all night if she wants to.
(d) To stop being stubborn.
3. In Chapter 13, what does Brigham ask Serena to do if something happens to him?
(a) If she is with child, to name the child after his father.
(b) To get the chest and strongbox in his chamber.
(c) To make sure they have a hiding place in case they are attacked at Glenroe.
(d) To be careful on the road back to Glenroe.
4. Why does Brigham remember the name Colonel Standish?
(a) He is the man who rapes Fiona.
(b) He fights against him before.
(c) He is a neighbor he dislikes.
(d) He is an old friend.
5. What does Serena do when Brigham leaves for London the following morning?
(a) She says good riddance.
(b) She tells her father she wants to be a nun.
(c) She cries from a broken heart.
(d) She tells her mother to intervien on her behalf so she doesn't have to marry Brigham.
6. Back at Glenroe, what do Serena and Malcolm do when they learn the English are getting closer?
(a) They plan to stock up a cave to hide in if they have to leave.
(b) They plan an escape route to Ireland.
(c) They have a hut deep in the forest they stock as a hiding place.
(d) The prepare a secret passage into the basement.
7. What does Brigham think they should do about the war?
(a) He agrees with Murray.
(b) Move on before they lose more momentum.
(d) He has no thoughts on the subject.
8. Who does Bringham warn to leave London soon?
(a) Alice Beesley.
(b) Viscount Leighton.
9. What happens to Brigham during the battle of Drumossie Moor?
(a) Grapeshots hit his arm and shoulder.
(b) An English soldier stabs him with a dagger.
(d) He gets stabbed by a bayonet.
10. What does Serena finally admit to Brigham after he catches up to her and forces her to talk?
(a) She wants them to go away and forget the war plans.
(b) She wants to go with him to London.
(c) She doesn't want him to leave her and go to London.
(d) She doesn't want him to come back from London.
11. Why does Serena apologize to Parkins?
(a) For not appreciating him.
(b) For complaining about his work.
(c) For telling him he doesn't marry Mrs. Drummond.
(d) For speaking to him harshly.
12. How does Murray advise the Prince to proceed with the war?
(a) To move on so they don't freeze in one spot.
(b) To move on now before they lose more men.
(c) To withdraw for the winter and regroup to launch the war in the spring.
(d) To sleep on it before making any more decisions.
13. What do Coll and Malcolm see from the ridge that overlooked Glenroe?
(a) Everyone running for cover.
(c) Smoke from their burning home.
(d) A hundred dragoons.
14. What does Commander Murray tell Prince Charles about the land at Drumossie Moor?
(a) It is the perfect location for their next battle against the English.
(b) It is not a good location for the Highlanders to fight.
(c) It is a beautiful place that the Highlanders remember forever.
(d) It is a location where they win the war against the English.
15. What news does Brigham have for Serena after he comes to their room and finds her crying in Chapter 13?
(a) She can stay at Holyrood, but the men are leaving for London.
(b) She must leave the next day because it's time for the men to begin planning their next attack.
(c) He isn't feeling well and wants to rest.
(d) She must leave the next day because they are going to march to London.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last thing Brigham say to Serena at the end of Chapter Twelve?
2. How bad does Gwen say Brigham's wound is?
3. Where does Brigham go before leaving London?
4. What does Serena tell her mother she doesn't want to be?
5. Filled with gossip, what does Malcolm tell Brigham about Maggie?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)