|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Back at Glenroe, what do Serena and Malcolm do when they learn the English are getting closer?
(a) They plan an escape route to Ireland.
(b) The prepare a secret passage into the basement.
(c) They have a hut deep in the forest they stock as a hiding place.
(d) They plan to stock up a cave to hide in if they have to leave.
2. What does Brigham tell Malcolm when the boy is unhappy because he cannot go to war with the men?
(a) He is needed at home to help protect the women.
(b) He is foolish to think such a thing.
(c) He'll be old enough to fight in the next war.
(d) He can go if he proves his ability with a claymore.
3. What does Ian MacGregor tell Serena before the wedding?
(a) She takes her husbands name, but she always is a MacGregor.
(b) I hope you are as happy as your mother and I are.
(c) Always listen to your husband and you are happy.
(d) Make me a happy grandfather.
4. What is the next stumbling block to Serena and Brigham getting married?
(a) Serena doesn't think she can live in a city.
(b) Serena doesn't think she can leave her parents.
(c) Serena doesn't think she can be an Earl's wife.
(d) Serena doesn't think she can make him happy.
5. What time are Serena and Brigham married?
(a) 3:00 P.M..
(c) 6:00 P.M..
6. Where does Prince Charles begin his march to war?
7. Filled with gossip, what does Malcolm tell Brigham about Maggie?
(a) That she is homesick.
(b) That she is going to divorce Coll if he goes to war.
(c) That she is going back to the MacDonald clan.
(d) That she is going to have a baby.
8. In the final pages of Chapter Thirteen, after the battle when some of the men want to go after the English army, what does Brigham say?
(a) They should to tend to their men.
(b) Their own dead and wounded will be taken back to Inverness.
(c) All the answers are correct.
(d) The English dead should be buried.
9. What does Brigham think they should do about the war?
(b) He has no thoughts on the subject.
(c) He agrees with Murray.
(d) Move on before they lose more momentum.
10. What does Brigham ask Prince Charles permission to do?
(a) To be able to take Serena home to be married.
(b) Get married to Serena at Holyrood.
(c) To be his best man.
(d) To use the Prince's chambers that night.
11. As the battle starts at Drumossie Moor, what happens to the Highlanders?
(a) They are too hungry to fight.
(b) Several run away.
(c) They are cut down by the English.
(d) Some step on land mines and are killed.
12. Who does Bringham warn to leave London soon?
(a) Alice Beesley.
(c) Viscount Leighton.
13. What does Serena tell Brigham she does if he is killed?
(a) She never marries another man.
(b) She hates him forever.
(c) She remains a spinster.
(d) She dies of sadness.
14. When Brigham talks about their being together after the war, how does Serena respond?
(a) She doesn't want to live in London.
(b) She doesn't want to leave her family.
(c) She doesn't shame her family.
(d) She doesn't love him enough.
15. After winning at Edinburgh, what does the Prince do?
(a) He declares the war won.
(b) He celebrates with a huge ball.
(c) He sends half his troops home to rest.
(d) He sets up a royal court at Holyrood House.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the March finally begin?
2. What happens when Serena asks Brigham to make love with her?
3. Why does Serena try to ride away when she sees Brigham riding in her direction?
4. What does Fiona tell Serena about the duel Brigham fights with Standish?
5. Why does the Earl of Whitesmouth visit Brigham at his home?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)