|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Serena think about Brigham being a blue blood?
(a) It doesn't make him a gentleman.
(b) All the answers are correct.
(c) It only makes him an aristocrat.
(d) It doesn't make him qualtiy.
2. Who tries to pacify Coll saying they take him for a walk?
3. In Chapter Six, why is Fiona more concerned about Serena than her other children?
(a) Because she always manages to get into trouble.
(b) Because of Serena's temper and a heart that is easily hurt.
(c) Because she is a sickly child.
(d) Because of her stubborness.
4. At the beginning of Chapter Eight, what does Maggie say Coll has asks her to do?
(a) To leave him alone.
(b) To marry him.
(c) To go back home as soon as possible.
(d) Give him the first dance at the ball.
5. Who do Ian and Brigham have to be careful of if they plan another meeting of the clans?
(a) The Campbells.
(b) The Wigs.
(c) The Black Watch.
(d) The Jacobites.
6. In the opening of Chapter Seven, what bad news does Brigham receive?
(a) King Louis of Italy decides not to help with the war.
(b) King Louis of France does not help with their war to restor the throne to Charles.
(c) France decides to side with England in the war.
(d) Napoleon decides not to help them with the war.
7. Who sends the letter to Brigham that Coll is so anxious to read?
(a) Prince Charles Stuart.
(b) Mary MacDonald.
(c) Captain Standish.
(d) Ian MacGregor.
8. How does Brigham reply when Fiona asks if she should leave or stay while he eats breakfast?
(a) That he perfers the company of a beautiful woman.
(b) That he wants Serena to join him.
(c) That he likes to eat with everyone next time.
(d) That he doesn't like eating alone.
9. What does Brigham say to Fiona when he comes down to the ball?
(a) He tells her to keep the women busy while the men meet to discuss war.
(b) He says he is in love with her daughter.
(c) He asks her for a dance sometime that evening.
(d) He tells her she is almost as beautiful as her daughter.
10. How does Serena greet Brigham when he arrives at Glenroe?
(a) She shakes his hand.
(b) She's happy he saves her brother.
(c) Very ungraciously.
(d) She kisses his cheek.
11. What is Serena's special place to go when she is troubled?
(a) Their pond.
(b) A field of lavender.
(c) The loch.
(d) The river.
12. What does Brigham think about Serena while she tends his wound?
(a) She has the face of an angel and the soul of a witch.
(b) She has the body of a fashion model.
(c) She has the strength of a man.
(d) She is an evil woman.
13. Who arrives in Brigham's carriage?
(b) Maggie MacDonald.
(c) Prince Charles.
(d) One of the Campbells.
14. In Chapter Four why does Mrs. Drummond make certain Fiona doesn't hear what she is saying to Serena?
(a) They are planning a surprise party for Fiona.
(b) They are discussing politics.
(c) They are talking about delicate matters.
(d) They are discussing Coll's condition.
15. What happens to Coll when he sees Maggie MacDonald in Chapter Seven?
(a) He's annoyed because she ignores him.
(b) He's angry because she always annoys him.
(c) He's annoyed because she looks too eager to see him.
(d) He's stunned at how she's grown into such a beautiful woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Serena reply when Brigham asks if he hurt her?
2. When Brigham finally dances with Serena, what does he tell her he is trying to figure out?
3. How does Serena reply when Brigham chastises her about the way she treats him since he arrives?
4. In the morning at the beginning of Chapter Three, what is Brigham thinking about his valet?
5. In Chapter Four, what does Brigham say about Serena's insults since he arrives?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)