|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Serena do when her mother is slapped by a Dragoon?
(a) She stabs the soldier.
(b) She hides with her brother and sister.
(c) She tries to fight the soldier.
(d) She runs for help.
2. Who shows up while Serena is resting from her ride in Chapter Four?
(d) The Campbells.
3. What is Brigham Langston's title?
(a) The fourth earl of Ashburn.
(b) Duke of Earle.
(c) Duke of Langston.
(d) Captain Langston.
4. In Chapter Six, why is Fiona more concerned about Serena than her other children?
(a) Because she is a sickly child.
(b) Because of her stubborness.
(c) Because she always manages to get into trouble.
(d) Because of Serena's temper and a heart that is easily hurt.
5. What is Brigham hoping happens while he is away from Serena?
(a) He hopes she misses him.
(b) He hopes she is not there when he returns.
(c) He hopes he gets over the way he feels about her.
(d) He hopes he forgets her.
6. In the morning at the beginning of Chapter Three, what is Brigham thinking about his valet?
(a) That Parkins insist he purchases all new clothing.
(b) That Parkins cringe to see the condition of his clothing.
(c) That Parkins laugh at the way he looks.
(d) That Parkins shoot him for tearing his coat.
7. Who tries to pacify Coll saying they take him for a walk?
8. Over Brighan's breakfast, who does Fiona say asks to see him?
9. What Gaelic term does Serena call Brigham?
10. Why does Serena say she wishes she were a man?
(a) Because then she could ride in breeches.
(b) Because then she doesn't have to sit and wait.
(c) Because then she would never have to have a baby.
(d) Because then she could be head of the house.
11. How does Brigham reply to Coll's complaints in Chapter Five?
(a) He tells Coll to stop being a big baby.
(b) He tells Coll he isn't well enough.
(c) He tells Coll he'll be able to ride again soon.
(d) He tells Coll he's the lucky one.
12. Who lives at Glenfinnan?
(a) The Stuarts.
(b) The Camerons.
(c) The MacDonalds.
(d) The Campbells.
13. What does Serena do to Brigham that has him lifting her off her feet?
(a) She curses at him.
(b) She slaps his face.
(c) She kicks him in the shin.
(d) She spits on him.
14. How does Serena respond to Brigham's misunderstanding about the blood on her dress?
(a) She starts to giggle.
(b) She is too tired to respond.
(c) She gets angry.
(d) She tells him he is foolish.
15. What does Brigham insist when he sees Parkins?
(a) That Parkins immediately mend his coat.
(b) That Parkins return to London.
(c) That Parkins get some rest from his trip.
(d) That Parkins sleep in the barn.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Coll MacGregor when he is permitted to go hunting with his father?
2. What does Serena think about while she rests from her ride?
3. What is Serena's special place to go when she is troubled?
4. At the beginning of Chapter Eight, what does Maggie say Coll has asks her to do?
5. In Chapter One, where are the two men from who attack Brigham and Coll on the trail to Glenroe?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)