|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Serena MacGregor?
(a) Leader of the MacGregor's inner circle.
(b) The lovely oldest daughter of Ian and Fiona.
(c) A woman who becomes a spy for Scottland.
(d) The middle child of the MacGregor's.
2. What does Serena think about while she rests from her ride?
(a) The work that still needs to be done.
(b) The impending war.
(c) Coll's injury.
(d) Fancy London balls.
3. Who tries to pacify Coll saying they take him for a walk?
4. What does Brigham notice about Maggie MacDonald?
(a) She is very interested in Coll.
(b) She is flirting with him.
(c) She is a terrible hostess.
(d) She is not interested in Coll.
5. What happens when Serena tries a similar trick on Brigham and pretends to slip while carrying milk to the house?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) He acts like she needs help to do her work.
(c) She argues that she's perfectly capable of doing the work.
(d) When he comments she's sturdy as a mule, she spills a bucket of milk over his head.
6. What happens to Coll when he sees Maggie MacDonald in Chapter Seven?
(a) He's annoyed because she ignores him.
(b) He's annoyed because she looks too eager to see him.
(c) He's angry because she always annoys him.
(d) He's stunned at how she's grown into such a beautiful woman.
7. What happens to Coll when he and Brigham fight off their attackers in Chapter One?
(a) He sets a trap in case the men return.
(b) He is seriously wounded.
(c) He falls off his horse and hits his head.
(d) He celebrates their victory.
8. At the very end of Chapter Eight, what does Brigham promise Serena after telling her he goes back to London in two days?
(a) That he stays in London.
(b) That he marries her.
(c) That he loves no other woman.
(d) That he returns from London.
9. Over Brighan's breakfast, who does Fiona say asks to see him?
10. What does Serena wear when she sneaks out of the house to go for a ride on her horse?
(a) A man's hat.
(b) A short skirt.
(c) Her riding habit.
(d) Men's breeches.
11. Why does Brigham give Serena his handkerchief?
(a) Because Serena starts to cry.
(b) Because she smears her lipstick when she kisses him.
(c) Because Serena sneezes.
(d) Because she has a cold.
12. In Chapter Four, what does Brigham say about Serena's insults since he arrives?
(a) That she is a spoiled brat.
(b) That he doesn't take it any more.
(c) That she thinks she gets away with it becasue she is a woman.
(d) That she has no respect.
13. In the opening of Chapter Seven, what bad news does Brigham receive?
(a) King Louis of France does not help with their war to restor the throne to Charles.
(b) France decides to side with England in the war.
(c) King Louis of Italy decides not to help with the war.
(d) Napoleon decides not to help them with the war.
14. What happens to Serena when Brigham finally kisses her in Chapter Four?
(a) She kicks him again.
(b) She struggles to be free.
(c) She starts to cry.
(d) She responds to his kiss.
15. What does Brigham think when he sees Serena with blood on her dress?
(a) That she hurts herself.
(b) That she is attacked by a man.
(c) That she kills someone.
(d) That she is butchering a hog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Malcolm MacGregor?
2. What is Brigham Langston's title?
3. What does Brigham say to Fiona when he comes down to the ball?
4. Who arrives in Brigham's carriage?
5. What does Ian plan to disguise the meeting of the clans?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)