|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Serena say about English blood?
(a) English blood runs yellow.
(b) English blood runs cold.
(c) English blood runs thin.
(d) English blood runs blue.
2. How does Brigham reply to Coll's complaints in Chapter Five?
(a) He tells Coll he isn't well enough.
(b) He tells Coll he's the lucky one.
(c) He tells Coll he'll be able to ride again soon.
(d) He tells Coll to stop being a big baby.
3. What does Serena wear when she sneaks out of the house to go for a ride on her horse?
(a) Her riding habit.
(b) A short skirt.
(c) A man's hat.
(d) Men's breeches.
4. What happens to Coll when he sees Maggie MacDonald in Chapter Seven?
(a) He's annoyed because she ignores him.
(b) He's annoyed because she looks too eager to see him.
(c) He's stunned at how she's grown into such a beautiful woman.
(d) He's angry because she always annoys him.
5. What does Serena feed Coll for breakfast?
(b) A thin gruel.
(c) Ham and eggs.
6. What does Serena think about Brigham being a blue blood?
(a) All the answers are correct.
(b) It doesn't make him a gentleman.
(c) It doesn't make him qualtiy.
(d) It only makes him an aristocrat.
7. What happens to Serena when Brigham finally kisses her in Chapter Four?
(a) She struggles to be free.
(b) She kicks him again.
(c) She responds to his kiss.
(d) She starts to cry.
8. Where does Fiona suggest Brigham have his breakfast?
(a) In his room.
(b) In the dining room.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In the parlor.
9. What is Serena's special place to go when she is troubled?
(a) The river.
(b) A field of lavender.
(c) Their pond.
(d) The loch.
10. What secret wish does Serena have that means she has to go to confession?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) She never has to scrub another pot.
(c) She never has to milk another cow.
(d) She never has to wash another shirt.
11. Who summons Brigham downstairs on his first evening in Glenroe?
(a) Fiona MacGregor.
(b) Serena MacGregor.
(c) Ian MacGregor.
(d) Coll MacGregor.
12. How does Brigham thank Serena for taking care of his wound?
(a) He kisses her hand.
(b) He gives her a hug.
(c) He writes her a thank you note.
(d) He shakes her hand.
13. What does Serena say when Brigham introduces himself to her mother?
(a) "Any friend of Coll's is a friend of mine".
(b) "He's English".
(c) "He saves Coll's life".
(d) "He's a rat and can't be trusted".
14. How does Brigham reply when Coll seems impatient for the war to begin?
(a) That it may be a few years until they are ready to fight.
(b) That it may be tomorrow.
(c) That it may not happen at all.
(d) That it may be sooner than he might think.
15. How does Serena reply when Brigham chastises her about the way she treats him since he arrives?
(a) She isn't going to stop.
(b) She is giving him what he deserves.
(c) He doesn't speak to her that way.
(d) There is worse to come.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maggie say when Coll finally asks her to marry him?
2. What does Brigham suddenly realize after Serena admits she wishes she goes with him and her father?
3. How does Brigham reply when Fiona asks if she should leave or stay while he eats breakfast?
4. Why does Gwen tell Brigham he needs rest?
5. At the very end of Chapter Eight, what does Brigham promise Serena after telling her he goes back to London in two days?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)