|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter Eight, what does Maggie say Coll has asks her to do?
(a) Give him the first dance at the ball.
(b) To go back home as soon as possible.
(c) To leave him alone.
(d) To marry him.
2. What does Maggie say when Coll finally asks her to marry him?
(a) She is betrothed to another man.
(b) She is too young to get married.
(c) She waits all her life for him to ask.
(d) She wants to think about it.
3. Who sends the letter to Brigham that Coll is so anxious to read?
(a) Captain Standish.
(b) Mary MacDonald.
(c) Ian MacGregor.
(d) Prince Charles Stuart.
4. What does Coll do when Ian tells them he invites Maggie MacDonald to visit?
(a) He cries.
(b) He groans saying Maggie is a nuisance.
(c) He gets angry and says he must go away.
(d) He laughs and says he's looking forward to seeing her again.
5. Why does Brighan's driver, Jem, look in on Malcolm's horse?
(a) Because Jem is a veternarian.
(b) Because Brigham wants to buy Malcolm's horse.
(c) Because Marcolm's horse is expecting to foal soon.
(d) Because Malcolm's horse is sick.
6. What does Brigham say to Fiona when he comes down to the ball?
(a) He tells her to keep the women busy while the men meet to discuss war.
(b) He asks her for a dance sometime that evening.
(c) He tells her she is almost as beautiful as her daughter.
(d) He says he is in love with her daughter.
7. How does Serena reply when Brigham chastises her about the way she treats him since he arrives?
(a) She is giving him what he deserves.
(b) He doesn't speak to her that way.
(c) She isn't going to stop.
(d) There is worse to come.
8. What is Serena's special place to go when she is troubled?
(a) A field of lavender.
(b) Their pond.
(c) The river.
(d) The loch.
9. In Chapter Four why does Mrs. Drummond make certain Fiona doesn't hear what she is saying to Serena?
(a) They are discussing Coll's condition.
(b) They are talking about delicate matters.
(c) They are discussing politics.
(d) They are planning a surprise party for Fiona.
10. What does Serena feed Coll for breakfast?
(a) Ham and eggs.
(b) A thin gruel.
11. What does Brigham think when he sees Serena with blood on her dress?
(a) That she hurts herself.
(b) That she kills someone.
(c) That she is attacked by a man.
(d) That she is butchering a hog.
12. When Brigham finally dances with Serena, what does he tell her he is trying to figure out?
(a) If she dances as well as she rides.
(b) If she looks more lovely in the green gown or in breeches.
(c) If she loves him as much as he loves her.
(d) If she waits for him when he goes to war.
13. Who summons Brigham downstairs on his first evening in Glenroe?
(a) Fiona MacGregor.
(b) Serena MacGregor.
(c) Coll MacGregor.
(d) Ian MacGregor.
14. Why does Serena say she wishes she were a man?
(a) Because then she could ride in breeches.
(b) Because then she would never have to have a baby.
(c) Because then she doesn't have to sit and wait.
(d) Because then she could be head of the house.
15. What is Brigham Langston's title?
(a) The fourth earl of Ashburn.
(b) Duke of Langston.
(c) Duke of Earle.
(d) Captain Langston.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Ian and Brigham have to be careful of if they plan another meeting of the clans?
2. Who catches Serena and Brigham kissing when she's supposed to be doing laundry?
3. What does Ian plan to disguise the meeting of the clans?
4. What book is Serena reading as she sits with Coll?
5. At the very end of Chapter Eight, what does Brigham promise Serena after telling her he goes back to London in two days?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)