|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Brigham hoping happens while he is away from Serena?
(a) He hopes he forgets her.
(b) He hopes she is not there when he returns.
(c) He hopes he gets over the way he feels about her.
(d) He hopes she misses him.
2. What does Serena say about English blood?
(a) English blood runs yellow.
(b) English blood runs blue.
(c) English blood runs cold.
(d) English blood runs thin.
3. How does Brigham thank Serena for taking care of his wound?
(a) He kisses her hand.
(b) He writes her a thank you note.
(c) He shakes her hand.
(d) He gives her a hug.
4. Who do Ian and Brigham have to be careful of if they plan another meeting of the clans?
(a) The Jacobites.
(b) The Campbells.
(c) The Black Watch.
(d) The Wigs.
5. What happens to the MacGregor's in 1735?
(a) The MacGregor's move to Glenroe.
(b) Malcolm MacGregor is born.
(c) The Scottish start their war against England.
(d) English Dragoons pillage their village.
6. In Chapter Four why does Mrs. Drummond make certain Fiona doesn't hear what she is saying to Serena?
(a) They are discussing Coll's condition.
(b) They are planning a surprise party for Fiona.
(c) They are talking about delicate matters.
(d) They are discussing politics.
7. What does Brigham think when he sees Serena with blood on her dress?
(a) That she kills someone.
(b) That she is butchering a hog.
(c) That she hurts herself.
(d) That she is attacked by a man.
8. How does Serena reply when Brigham chastises her about the way she treats him since he arrives?
(a) There is worse to come.
(b) He doesn't speak to her that way.
(c) She isn't going to stop.
(d) She is giving him what he deserves.
9. What happens to Coll when he and Brigham fight off their attackers in Chapter One?
(a) He celebrates their victory.
(b) He falls off his horse and hits his head.
(c) He is seriously wounded.
(d) He sets a trap in case the men return.
10. Who shows up while Serena is resting from her ride in Chapter Four?
(d) The Campbells.
11. What happens while Maggie and Gwen are pinning up Serena's dress for the ball?
(a) They giggle and act silly.
(b) They end up arguing over Brigham.
(c) They talk about Brigham and tease Serena about him.
(d) They talk about all the men they meet at the ball.
12. What does Serena wear when she sneaks out of the house to go for a ride on her horse?
(a) Men's breeches.
(b) Her riding habit.
(c) A man's hat.
(d) A short skirt.
13. What does Brigham notice about Maggie MacDonald?
(a) She is flirting with him.
(b) She is very interested in Coll.
(c) She is a terrible hostess.
(d) She is not interested in Coll.
14. Who are the Jacobites?
(a) People who come from Jacoba.
(b) Scottish rebels.
(c) English who are loyal to James Stuart.
(d) English who are loyal to the current King.
15. How does Serena respond to Brigham's misunderstanding about the blood on her dress?
(a) She is too tired to respond.
(b) She starts to giggle.
(c) She gets angry.
(d) She tells him he is foolish.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Brigham ask to dance the first dance?
2. What does Serena say when Brigham introduces himself to her mother?
3. Over Brighan's breakfast, who does Fiona say asks to see him?
4. How old is Coll MacGregor when he is permitted to go hunting with his father?
5. Where does Fiona suggest Brigham have his breakfast?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)