|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to pacify Coll saying they take him for a walk?
2. In Chapter Four, what does Brigham say about Serena's insults since he arrives?
(a) That he doesn't take it any more.
(b) That she thinks she gets away with it becasue she is a woman.
(c) That she has no respect.
(d) That she is a spoiled brat.
3. What is Brigham hoping happens while he is away from Serena?
(a) He hopes he gets over the way he feels about her.
(b) He hopes she is not there when he returns.
(c) He hopes she misses him.
(d) He hopes he forgets her.
4. What happens when Brigham asks Ian if he marries Serena?
(a) Ian frowns and says he's not sure.
(b) Ian says no.
(c) Ian says Brigham has to prove himself first.
(d) Ian wants to know how Serena feels.
5. How does Serena respond to Brigham's misunderstanding about the blood on her dress?
(a) She is too tired to respond.
(b) She tells him he is foolish.
(c) She gets angry.
(d) She starts to giggle.
6. Who do Ian and Brigham have to be careful of if they plan another meeting of the clans?
(a) The Black Watch.
(b) The Jacobites.
(c) The Campbells.
(d) The Wigs.
7. What does Brigham think about Serena while she tends his wound?
(a) She has the strength of a man.
(b) She has the face of an angel and the soul of a witch.
(c) She has the body of a fashion model.
(d) She is an evil woman.
8. Who is Malcolm MacGregor?
(a) Ian MacGregor's adopted son.
(b) The youngest MacGregor child.
(c) Serena's son.
(d) Fions's adopted son.
9. What does Serena think about Brigham being a blue blood?
(a) All the answers are correct.
(b) It doesn't make him a gentleman.
(c) It doesn't make him qualtiy.
(d) It only makes him an aristocrat.
10. Who are the Jacobites?
(a) Scottish rebels.
(b) English who are loyal to the current King.
(c) People who come from Jacoba.
(d) English who are loyal to James Stuart.
11. How does Brigham reply when Coll seems impatient for the war to begin?
(a) That it may be tomorrow.
(b) That it may be a few years until they are ready to fight.
(c) That it may not happen at all.
(d) That it may be sooner than he might think.
12. Why does Gwen take charge when they get Coll into the house?
(a) Gwen has medical experience.
(b) Gwen is a doctor.
(c) Gwen is a nurse.
(d) Gwen is a faith healer.
13. What does Brigham do to Serena that he feels the need to apologize for?
(a) Brigham slaps Serena.
(b) Brigham scolds Serena.
(c) Brigham kisses Serena.
(d) Brigham laughs at Serena.
14. What Gaelic term does Serena call Brigham?
15. At the end of Chapter Seven, what does Serena think Brigham is asking her?
(a) To be his mistress.
(b) To be his wife.
(c) To stop acting like a child.
(d) To stay away from him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Brigham Langston's title?
2. Why does Serena say she wishes she were a man?
3. Who sends the letter to Brigham that Coll is so anxious to read?
4. How does Brigham thank Serena for taking care of his wound?
5. What does Brigham think when he sees Serena with blood on her dress?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)