|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brigham notice about Maggie MacDonald?
(a) She is flirting with him.
(b) She is very interested in Coll.
(c) She is a terrible hostess.
(d) She is not interested in Coll.
2. Why is there blood on Serena's dress in Chapter Five?
(a) Because she is hurt.
(b) Because she is butchering.
(c) Because she helps with the birth of a foal.
(d) Because she hurts herself.
3. In the opening of Chapter Five, what is Coll complaining about?
(a) He is sick of eating gruel.
(b) He is jealous that Brigham can ride.
(c) He wants to go with his father and Brigham.
(d) He is bored being in bed.
4. What does Ian plan to disguise the meeting of the clans?
(a) A birthday party because he's turning fifty.
(b) A wedding and he invites all the friendly clans.
(c) A picnic with a boar roast.
(d) A ball because both Maggie and Serena are of marrying age.
5. What treasured item does Brigham pack to take with him on his trip to Scotland?
(a) His sword.
(b) His pistol.
(c) A statue of a shephardess.
(d) A box full of cash.
6. Who summons Brigham downstairs on his first evening in Glenroe?
(a) Ian MacGregor.
(b) Coll MacGregor.
(c) Fiona MacGregor.
(d) Serena MacGregor.
7. What does Serena say about English blood?
(a) English blood runs blue.
(b) English blood runs yellow.
(c) English blood runs cold.
(d) English blood runs thin.
8. In Chapter One, where are the two men from who attack Brigham and Coll on the trail to Glenroe?
(a) They are from the Campbell clan.
(b) They are robbers from Edinburgh.
(c) They are English soldiers from Inverness.
(d) They are from the MacDonald Clan.
9. As he brushes the horses, what does Malcolm tell Brigham to do?
(a) Steeple chase.
(b) Ride bareback.
(c) Drive the horses.
(d) Ride well enough to jump fences.
10. What does Brigham feel about the people who are their hosts along the trail?
(a) None of the answers are correct.
(b) That they are too weak to fight with them.
(c) That they are not intelligent.
(d) That they are peasants.
11. What does Serena think about Brigham being a blue blood?
(a) It only makes him an aristocrat.
(b) It doesn't make him qualtiy.
(c) All the answers are correct.
(d) It doesn't make him a gentleman.
12. Where does Fiona suggest Brigham have his breakfast?
(a) In the dining room.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In his room.
(d) In the parlor.
13. What Gaelic term does Serena call Brigham?
14. What does Brigham suddenly realize after Serena admits she wishes she goes with him and her father?
(a) He wants to get away from her.
(b) He dislikes her spunk and spirit.
(c) He is tired of fighting with her.
(d) He loves her.
15. At the very end of Chapter Eight, what does Brigham promise Serena after telling her he goes back to London in two days?
(a) That he marries her.
(b) That he stays in London.
(c) That he loves no other woman.
(d) That he returns from London.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Serena do when her mother is slapped by a Dragoon?
2. What does Maggie say when Coll finally asks her to marry him?
3. In Chapter Six, why is Fiona more concerned about Serena than her other children?
4. What does Serena think about while she rests from her ride?
5. What does Coll do when Ian tells them he invites Maggie MacDonald to visit?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)