|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Brigham finally dances with Serena, what does he tell her he is trying to figure out?
(a) If she looks more lovely in the green gown or in breeches.
(b) If she loves him as much as he loves her.
(c) If she waits for him when he goes to war.
(d) If she dances as well as she rides.
2. How does Serena reply when Brigham asks if he hurt her?
(a) That she is going to hurt him.
(b) That she isn't hurt by him.
(c) That she is not easily hurt.
(d) That she hates him.
3. At the beginning of Chapter Eight, what does Maggie say Coll has asks her to do?
(a) To leave him alone.
(b) Give him the first dance at the ball.
(c) To go back home as soon as possible.
(d) To marry him.
4. In Chapter Six, why is Fiona more concerned about Serena than her other children?
(a) Because of her stubborness.
(b) Because she is a sickly child.
(c) Because of Serena's temper and a heart that is easily hurt.
(d) Because she always manages to get into trouble.
5. Who catches Serena and Brigham kissing when she's supposed to be doing laundry?
6. Why is Brigham upset with Parkins again?
(a) Parkins wants him to wear his fanciest clothes for the long journey.
(b) Brigham wants Parkins to return to London.
(c) Parkins insists on joining him and Ian.
(d) He doesn't like the way Parkins is bossing him around.
7. What does Maggie say when Coll finally asks her to marry him?
(a) She is too young to get married.
(b) She is betrothed to another man.
(c) She wants to think about it.
(d) She waits all her life for him to ask.
8. Who arrives in Brigham's carriage?
(a) Maggie MacDonald.
(b) One of the Campbells.
(c) Prince Charles.
9. Who are the Jacobites?
(a) People who come from Jacoba.
(b) English who are loyal to James Stuart.
(c) English who are loyal to the current King.
(d) Scottish rebels.
10. What happens when Brigham sees Serena holding hands with another man?
(a) He gives her a warning.
(b) He pulls her outside.
(c) He is jealous.
(d) All of the answers are correct.
11. What happens to Coll when he and Brigham fight off their attackers in Chapter One?
(a) He sets a trap in case the men return.
(b) He is seriously wounded.
(c) He celebrates their victory.
(d) He falls off his horse and hits his head.
12. How does Brigham reply to Coll's complaints in Chapter Five?
(a) He tells Coll he's the lucky one.
(b) He tells Coll he'll be able to ride again soon.
(c) He tells Coll he isn't well enough.
(d) He tells Coll to stop being a big baby.
13. In the opening of Chapter Seven, what bad news does Brigham receive?
(a) France decides to side with England in the war.
(b) King Louis of France does not help with their war to restor the throne to Charles.
(c) Napoleon decides not to help them with the war.
(d) King Louis of Italy decides not to help with the war.
14. What does Serena insist Malcolm do when he wants to visit Coll?
(a) Change his dirty shoes.
(b) Take a nap.
(c) Go outside.
(d) Get washed up.
15. What treasured item does Brigham pack to take with him on his trip to Scotland?
(a) His sword.
(b) His pistol.
(c) A box full of cash.
(d) A statue of a shephardess.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Coll MacGregor when he is permitted to go hunting with his father?
2. What does Serena wear when she sneaks out of the house to go for a ride on her horse?
3. Who tries to pacify Coll saying they take him for a walk?
4. What does Serena do to Brigham that has him lifting her off her feet?
5. In Chapter Two, what does Fiona order Serena to do?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)