|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Four why does Mrs. Drummond make certain Fiona doesn't hear what she is saying to Serena?
(a) They are discussing politics.
(b) They are discussing Coll's condition.
(c) They are planning a surprise party for Fiona.
(d) They are talking about delicate matters.
2. What happens when Brigham sees Serena holding hands with another man?
(a) He pulls her outside.
(b) He is jealous.
(c) All of the answers are correct.
(d) He gives her a warning.
3. Who is Serena MacGregor?
(a) A woman who becomes a spy for Scottland.
(b) The lovely oldest daughter of Ian and Fiona.
(c) The middle child of the MacGregor's.
(d) Leader of the MacGregor's inner circle.
4. Who sends the letter to Brigham that Coll is so anxious to read?
(a) Captain Standish.
(b) Mary MacDonald.
(c) Prince Charles Stuart.
(d) Ian MacGregor.
5. At the very end of Chapter Eight, what does Brigham promise Serena after telling her he goes back to London in two days?
(a) That he marries her.
(b) That he returns from London.
(c) That he stays in London.
(d) That he loves no other woman.
6. In the opening of Chapter Five, what is Coll complaining about?
(a) He wants to go with his father and Brigham.
(b) He is bored being in bed.
(c) He is jealous that Brigham can ride.
(d) He is sick of eating gruel.
7. What does Serena say when Brigham introduces himself to her mother?
(a) "Any friend of Coll's is a friend of mine".
(b) "He's a rat and can't be trusted".
(c) "He's English".
(d) "He saves Coll's life".
8. How does Fiona respond when Serena says she wishes she is more like her or Gwen?
(a) She can't be what she isn't.
(b) She is what she is born to be, and Fiona doesn't have it any other way.
(c) It is be too quiet in the house if she is like them.
(d) She misses her high spiritedness.
9. Who summons Brigham downstairs on his first evening in Glenroe?
(a) Ian MacGregor.
(b) Coll MacGregor.
(c) Fiona MacGregor.
(d) Serena MacGregor.
10. What does Serena feed Coll for breakfast?
(c) Ham and eggs.
(d) A thin gruel.
11. What treasured item does Brigham pack to take with him on his trip to Scotland?
(a) A statue of a shephardess.
(b) A box full of cash.
(c) His pistol.
(d) His sword.
12. At the end of Chapter Seven, what does Serena think Brigham is asking her?
(a) To stay away from him.
(b) To be his wife.
(c) To stop acting like a child.
(d) To be his mistress.
13. At the beginning of Chapter Eight, what does Maggie say Coll has asks her to do?
(a) Give him the first dance at the ball.
(b) To go back home as soon as possible.
(c) To leave him alone.
(d) To marry him.
14. Over Brighan's breakfast, who does Fiona say asks to see him?
15. How does Serena respond to Brigham's misunderstanding about the blood on her dress?
(a) She starts to giggle.
(b) She is too tired to respond.
(c) She gets angry.
(d) She tells him he is foolish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What secret wish does Serena have that means she has to go to confession?
2. How does Brigham reply to Coll's complaints in Chapter Five?
3. What does Coll tell Maggie after she finally gets his attention?
4. In Chapter Six, why is Fiona more concerned about Serena than her other children?
5. What does Malcolm say when he meets Brigham?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)