|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the morning at the beginning of Chapter Three, what is Brigham thinking about his valet?
(a) That Parkins laugh at the way he looks.
(b) That Parkins cringe to see the condition of his clothing.
(c) That Parkins insist he purchases all new clothing.
(d) That Parkins shoot him for tearing his coat.
2. What does Brigham notice about Maggie MacDonald?
(a) She is a terrible hostess.
(b) She is not interested in Coll.
(c) She is very interested in Coll.
(d) She is flirting with him.
3. What does Maggie do to trick Coll into noticing her?
(a) She pretends she's interested in Brigham.
(b) She pretends to faint.
(c) She pretends to fall from a ladder.
(d) She pretends she isn't interested.
4. What does Malcolm say when he meets Brigham?
(a) He asks if Brigham is the English pig.
(b) He laughs and tells Brigham Serena hates him.
(c) He says he is happy to meet Brigham.
(d) He asks if he is the man who saves his brother's life.
5. How old is Coll MacGregor when he is permitted to go hunting with his father?
(a) Barely fourteen.
(b) Twelve years old.
(c) Almost fifteen.
6. What does Serena insist Malcolm do when he wants to visit Coll?
(a) Get washed up.
(b) Take a nap.
(c) Change his dirty shoes.
(d) Go outside.
7. What book is Serena reading as she sits with Coll?
(c) Romeo and Juliet.
(d) Julius Ceasar.
8. How does Brigham reply to Coll's complaints in Chapter Five?
(a) He tells Coll he'll be able to ride again soon.
(b) He tells Coll he's the lucky one.
(c) He tells Coll to stop being a big baby.
(d) He tells Coll he isn't well enough.
9. What does Serena say about English blood?
(a) English blood runs cold.
(b) English blood runs yellow.
(c) English blood runs thin.
(d) English blood runs blue.
10. What happens to the MacGregor's in 1735?
(a) Malcolm MacGregor is born.
(b) The MacGregor's move to Glenroe.
(c) The Scottish start their war against England.
(d) English Dragoons pillage their village.
11. Who catches Serena and Brigham kissing when she's supposed to be doing laundry?
12. What does Brigham say to Fiona when he comes down to the ball?
(a) He says he is in love with her daughter.
(b) He tells her she is almost as beautiful as her daughter.
(c) He tells her to keep the women busy while the men meet to discuss war.
(d) He asks her for a dance sometime that evening.
13. Who does Brigham ask to dance the first dance?
14. What happens to Coll when he sees Maggie MacDonald in Chapter Seven?
(a) He's annoyed because she ignores him.
(b) He's angry because she always annoys him.
(c) He's annoyed because she looks too eager to see him.
(d) He's stunned at how she's grown into such a beautiful woman.
15. What does Serena feed Coll for breakfast?
(a) A thin gruel.
(b) Ham and eggs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Serena respond to Brigham's misunderstanding about the blood on her dress?
2. In Chapter Six, why is Fiona more concerned about Serena than her other children?
3. Who lives at Glenfinnan?
4. What does Brigham feel about the people who are their hosts along the trail?
5. At the very end of Chapter Eight, what does Brigham promise Serena after telling her he goes back to London in two days?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)