|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the opening of Chapter Five, what is Coll complaining about?
(a) He is sick of eating gruel.
(b) He is bored being in bed.
(c) He wants to go with his father and Brigham.
(d) He is jealous that Brigham can ride.
2. What Gaelic term does Serena call Brigham?
3. In Chapter One, where are the two men from who attack Brigham and Coll on the trail to Glenroe?
(a) They are English soldiers from Inverness.
(b) They are from the Campbell clan.
(c) They are from the MacDonald Clan.
(d) They are robbers from Edinburgh.
4. What does Brigham feel about the people who are their hosts along the trail?
(a) That they are too weak to fight with them.
(b) That they are not intelligent.
(c) None of the answers are correct.
(d) That they are peasants.
5. What is Serena's special place to go when she is troubled?
(a) The river.
(b) Their pond.
(c) The loch.
(d) A field of lavender.
6. What does Serena think about Brigham being a blue blood?
(a) It doesn't make him a gentleman.
(b) It only makes him an aristocrat.
(c) All the answers are correct.
(d) It doesn't make him qualtiy.
7. What does Maggie do to trick Coll into noticing her?
(a) She pretends she isn't interested.
(b) She pretends she's interested in Brigham.
(c) She pretends to fall from a ladder.
(d) She pretends to faint.
8. Why does Gwen take charge when they get Coll into the house?
(a) Gwen is a nurse.
(b) Gwen has medical experience.
(c) Gwen is a doctor.
(d) Gwen is a faith healer.
9. Who sends the letter to Brigham that Coll is so anxious to read?
(a) Prince Charles Stuart.
(b) Ian MacGregor.
(c) Captain Standish.
(d) Mary MacDonald.
10. In Chapter Six, why is Fiona more concerned about Serena than her other children?
(a) Because she always manages to get into trouble.
(b) Because of Serena's temper and a heart that is easily hurt.
(c) Because she is a sickly child.
(d) Because of her stubborness.
11. At the beginning of Chapter Eight, what does Maggie say Coll has asks her to do?
(a) To go back home as soon as possible.
(b) To marry him.
(c) To leave him alone.
(d) Give him the first dance at the ball.
12. What does Ian plan to disguise the meeting of the clans?
(a) A ball because both Maggie and Serena are of marrying age.
(b) A picnic with a boar roast.
(c) A birthday party because he's turning fifty.
(d) A wedding and he invites all the friendly clans.
13. Why does Brighan's driver, Jem, look in on Malcolm's horse?
(a) Because Brigham wants to buy Malcolm's horse.
(b) Because Marcolm's horse is expecting to foal soon.
(c) Because Jem is a veternarian.
(d) Because Malcolm's horse is sick.
14. What does Brigham do to Serena that he feels the need to apologize for?
(a) Brigham slaps Serena.
(b) Brigham kisses Serena.
(c) Brigham scolds Serena.
(d) Brigham laughs at Serena.
15. In Chapter Two, what does Fiona order Serena to do?
(a) To provide Brigham with a meal.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) To care for Brigham's wound.
(d) To show proper respect to a guest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Serena wear when she sneaks out of the house to go for a ride on her horse?
2. Who summons Brigham downstairs on his first evening in Glenroe?
3. How does Fiona respond when Serena says she wishes she is more like her or Gwen?
4. How does Fiona explain how she know when she is in love?
5. Over Brighan's breakfast, who does Fiona say asks to see him?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)