|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fiona tell her children to do when the English Dragoons arrive?
(a) To get their father for help.
(b) To run out of the back of the house and hide.
(c) To hide in basement.
(d) To lock themselves in the nursery.
2. How old is Coll MacGregor when he is permitted to go hunting with his father?
(a) Almost fifteen.
(b) Twelve years old.
(c) Barely fourteen.
3. Who lives at Glenfinnan?
(a) The MacDonalds.
(b) The Campbells.
(c) The Stuarts.
(d) The Camerons.
4. What does Serena think about Brigham being a blue blood?
(a) It doesn't make him a gentleman.
(b) It doesn't make him qualtiy.
(c) It only makes him an aristocrat.
(d) All the answers are correct.
5. Who arrives in Brigham's carriage?
(a) Maggie MacDonald.
(c) One of the Campbells.
(d) Prince Charles.
6. How does Serena respond to Brigham's misunderstanding about the blood on her dress?
(a) She gets angry.
(b) She is too tired to respond.
(c) She tells him he is foolish.
(d) She starts to giggle.
7. In Chapter Six, why is Fiona more concerned about Serena than her other children?
(a) Because she is a sickly child.
(b) Because of her stubborness.
(c) Because she always manages to get into trouble.
(d) Because of Serena's temper and a heart that is easily hurt.
8. Who are the Jacobites?
(a) English who are loyal to the current King.
(b) English who are loyal to James Stuart.
(c) Scottish rebels.
(d) People who come from Jacoba.
9. How does Serena reply when Brigham asks if he hurt her?
(a) That she is going to hurt him.
(b) That she isn't hurt by him.
(c) That she hates him.
(d) That she is not easily hurt.
10. What happens when Brigham asks Ian if he marries Serena?
(a) Ian frowns and says he's not sure.
(b) Ian says Brigham has to prove himself first.
(c) Ian says no.
(d) Ian wants to know how Serena feels.
11. What happens when Serena tries a similar trick on Brigham and pretends to slip while carrying milk to the house?
(a) She argues that she's perfectly capable of doing the work.
(b) He acts like she needs help to do her work.
(c) When he comments she's sturdy as a mule, she spills a bucket of milk over his head.
(d) All answers are correct.
12. What is Serena's special place to go when she is troubled?
(a) The loch.
(b) The river.
(c) A field of lavender.
(d) Their pond.
13. What Gaelic term does Serena call Brigham?
14. What does Serena feed Coll for breakfast?
(a) A thin gruel.
(b) Ham and eggs.
15. What does Coll do when Ian tells them he invites Maggie MacDonald to visit?
(a) He laughs and says he's looking forward to seeing her again.
(b) He cries.
(c) He gets angry and says he must go away.
(d) He groans saying Maggie is a nuisance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Brigham ask to dance the first dance?
2. How does Brigham reply when Fiona asks if she should leave or stay while he eats breakfast?
3. How does Brigham thank Serena for taking care of his wound?
4. Why does Gwen tell Brigham he needs rest?
5. Why is there blood on Serena's dress in Chapter Five?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)