|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Serena say she wishes she were a man?
(a) Because then she could ride in breeches.
(b) Because then she could be head of the house.
(c) Because then she would never have to have a baby.
(d) Because then she doesn't have to sit and wait.
2. What is Brigham hoping happens while he is away from Serena?
(a) He hopes she is not there when he returns.
(b) He hopes he forgets her.
(c) He hopes he gets over the way he feels about her.
(d) He hopes she misses him.
3. Who do Ian and Brigham have to be careful of if they plan another meeting of the clans?
(a) The Jacobites.
(b) The Wigs.
(c) The Black Watch.
(d) The Campbells.
4. What does Brigham insist when he sees Parkins?
(a) That Parkins get some rest from his trip.
(b) That Parkins return to London.
(c) That Parkins immediately mend his coat.
(d) That Parkins sleep in the barn.
5. How does Fiona respond when Serena says she wishes she is more like her or Gwen?
(a) She can't be what she isn't.
(b) She misses her high spiritedness.
(c) It is be too quiet in the house if she is like them.
(d) She is what she is born to be, and Fiona doesn't have it any other way.
6. In Chapter Six, why is Fiona more concerned about Serena than her other children?
(a) Because she is a sickly child.
(b) Because she always manages to get into trouble.
(c) Because of her stubborness.
(d) Because of Serena's temper and a heart that is easily hurt.
7. What does Maggie do to trick Coll into noticing her?
(a) She pretends she's interested in Brigham.
(b) She pretends to fall from a ladder.
(c) She pretends to faint.
(d) She pretends she isn't interested.
8. In Chapter Four, what does Brigham say about Serena's insults since he arrives?
(a) That she thinks she gets away with it becasue she is a woman.
(b) That she is a spoiled brat.
(c) That he doesn't take it any more.
(d) That she has no respect.
9. Who sends the letter to Brigham that Coll is so anxious to read?
(a) Captain Standish.
(b) Prince Charles Stuart.
(c) Mary MacDonald.
(d) Ian MacGregor.
10. What does Malcolm say when he meets Brigham?
(a) He asks if he is the man who saves his brother's life.
(b) He asks if Brigham is the English pig.
(c) He laughs and tells Brigham Serena hates him.
(d) He says he is happy to meet Brigham.
11. What treasured item does Brigham pack to take with him on his trip to Scotland?
(a) A statue of a shephardess.
(b) A box full of cash.
(c) His pistol.
(d) His sword.
12. What happens to Coll when he sees Maggie MacDonald in Chapter Seven?
(a) He's stunned at how she's grown into such a beautiful woman.
(b) He's angry because she always annoys him.
(c) He's annoyed because she ignores him.
(d) He's annoyed because she looks too eager to see him.
13. As he brushes the horses, what does Malcolm tell Brigham to do?
(a) Ride well enough to jump fences.
(b) Steeple chase.
(c) Drive the horses.
(d) Ride bareback.
14. What does Brigham say to Fiona when he comes down to the ball?
(a) He tells her she is almost as beautiful as her daughter.
(b) He says he is in love with her daughter.
(c) He tells her to keep the women busy while the men meet to discuss war.
(d) He asks her for a dance sometime that evening.
15. What does Coll do when Ian tells them he invites Maggie MacDonald to visit?
(a) He laughs and says he's looking forward to seeing her again.
(b) He gets angry and says he must go away.
(c) He cries.
(d) He groans saying Maggie is a nuisance.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Brigham reply to Coll's complaints in Chapter Five?
2. In the opening of Chapter Seven, what bad news does Brigham receive?
3. How does Serena greet Brigham when he arrives at Glenroe?
4. Who tries to pacify Coll saying they take him for a walk?
5. At the end of Chapter Seven, what does Serena think Brigham is asking her?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)