|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Over Brighan's breakfast, who does Fiona say asks to see him?
2. Why does Brighan's driver, Jem, look in on Malcolm's horse?
(a) Because Jem is a veternarian.
(b) Because Marcolm's horse is expecting to foal soon.
(c) Because Malcolm's horse is sick.
(d) Because Brigham wants to buy Malcolm's horse.
3. At the very end of Chapter Eight, what does Brigham promise Serena after telling her he goes back to London in two days?
(a) That he marries her.
(b) That he returns from London.
(c) That he loves no other woman.
(d) That he stays in London.
4. What happens while Maggie and Gwen are pinning up Serena's dress for the ball?
(a) They end up arguing over Brigham.
(b) They talk about Brigham and tease Serena about him.
(c) They talk about all the men they meet at the ball.
(d) They giggle and act silly.
5. What does Serena say about English blood?
(a) English blood runs thin.
(b) English blood runs yellow.
(c) English blood runs blue.
(d) English blood runs cold.
6. What does Serena wear when she sneaks out of the house to go for a ride on her horse?
(a) Men's breeches.
(b) A man's hat.
(c) Her riding habit.
(d) A short skirt.
7. What book is Serena reading as she sits with Coll?
(b) Romeo and Juliet.
(d) Julius Ceasar.
8. What does Brigham insist when he sees Parkins?
(a) That Parkins return to London.
(b) That Parkins get some rest from his trip.
(c) That Parkins immediately mend his coat.
(d) That Parkins sleep in the barn.
9. What does Brigham feel about the people who are their hosts along the trail?
(a) That they are peasants.
(b) That they are not intelligent.
(c) None of the answers are correct.
(d) That they are too weak to fight with them.
10. Who sends the letter to Brigham that Coll is so anxious to read?
(a) Captain Standish.
(b) Mary MacDonald.
(c) Prince Charles Stuart.
(d) Ian MacGregor.
11. What does Serena think about Brigham being a blue blood?
(a) It only makes him an aristocrat.
(b) It doesn't make him a gentleman.
(c) It doesn't make him qualtiy.
(d) All the answers are correct.
12. How does Brigham reply to Coll's complaints in Chapter Five?
(a) He tells Coll to stop being a big baby.
(b) He tells Coll he isn't well enough.
(c) He tells Coll he'll be able to ride again soon.
(d) He tells Coll he's the lucky one.
13. How does Serena reply when Brigham chastises her about the way she treats him since he arrives?
(a) She isn't going to stop.
(b) He doesn't speak to her that way.
(c) She is giving him what he deserves.
(d) There is worse to come.
14. What is Brigham hoping happens while he is away from Serena?
(a) He hopes he gets over the way he feels about her.
(b) He hopes she misses him.
(c) He hopes she is not there when he returns.
(d) He hopes he forgets her.
15. What does Brigham do to Serena that he feels the need to apologize for?
(a) Brigham laughs at Serena.
(b) Brigham kisses Serena.
(c) Brigham scolds Serena.
(d) Brigham slaps Serena.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maggie do to trick Coll into noticing her?
2. What does Coll do when Ian tells them he invites Maggie MacDonald to visit?
3. At the end of Chapter Seven, what does Serena think Brigham is asking her?
4. What secret wish does Serena have that means she has to go to confession?
5. At the beginning of Chapter Eight, what does Maggie say Coll has asks her to do?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)