|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Coll do when Ian tells them he invites Maggie MacDonald to visit?
(a) He gets angry and says he must go away.
(b) He cries.
(c) He groans saying Maggie is a nuisance.
(d) He laughs and says he's looking forward to seeing her again.
2. What does Maggie do to trick Coll into noticing her?
(a) She pretends she isn't interested.
(b) She pretends to faint.
(c) She pretends she's interested in Brigham.
(d) She pretends to fall from a ladder.
3. As he brushes the horses, what does Malcolm tell Brigham to do?
(a) Ride bareback.
(b) Ride well enough to jump fences.
(c) Drive the horses.
(d) Steeple chase.
4. How old is Coll MacGregor when he is permitted to go hunting with his father?
(a) Barely fourteen.
(c) Almost fifteen.
(d) Twelve years old.
5. Who are the Jacobites?
(a) English who are loyal to the current King.
(b) People who come from Jacoba.
(c) English who are loyal to James Stuart.
(d) Scottish rebels.
6. What happens when Brigham sees Serena holding hands with another man?
(a) All of the answers are correct.
(b) He is jealous.
(c) He gives her a warning.
(d) He pulls her outside.
7. How does Fiona explain how she know when she is in love?
(a) When Ian asks her to marry him.
(b) When her heart speaks louder than her head.
(c) When she has butterflies in her stomach when she sees Ian.
(d) At first sight.
8. In Chapter Two, what does Fiona order Serena to do?
(a) To provide Brigham with a meal.
(b) To show proper respect to a guest.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) To care for Brigham's wound.
9. What happens to Coll when he sees Maggie MacDonald in Chapter Seven?
(a) He's annoyed because she ignores him.
(b) He's stunned at how she's grown into such a beautiful woman.
(c) He's annoyed because she looks too eager to see him.
(d) He's angry because she always annoys him.
10. Who catches Serena and Brigham kissing when she's supposed to be doing laundry?
11. What does Ian plan to disguise the meeting of the clans?
(a) A ball because both Maggie and Serena are of marrying age.
(b) A birthday party because he's turning fifty.
(c) A wedding and he invites all the friendly clans.
(d) A picnic with a boar roast.
12. How does Fiona respond when Serena says she wishes she is more like her or Gwen?
(a) She misses her high spiritedness.
(b) She is what she is born to be, and Fiona doesn't have it any other way.
(c) She can't be what she isn't.
(d) It is be too quiet in the house if she is like them.
13. What Gaelic term does Serena call Brigham?
14. What happens when Serena tries a similar trick on Brigham and pretends to slip while carrying milk to the house?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) She argues that she's perfectly capable of doing the work.
(c) He acts like she needs help to do her work.
(d) When he comments she's sturdy as a mule, she spills a bucket of milk over his head.
15. What does Fiona tell her children to do when the English Dragoons arrive?
(a) To lock themselves in the nursery.
(b) To run out of the back of the house and hide.
(c) To get their father for help.
(d) To hide in basement.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Serena reply when Brigham asks if he hurt her?
2. What book is Serena reading as she sits with Coll?
3. Why does Serena say she wishes she were a man?
4. Over Brighan's breakfast, who does Fiona say asks to see him?
5. Who arrives in Brigham's carriage?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)