|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the MacGregor's in 1735?
(a) Malcolm MacGregor is born.
(b) The Scottish start their war against England.
(c) English Dragoons pillage their village.
(d) The MacGregor's move to Glenroe.
2. What does Brigham insist when he sees Parkins?
(a) That Parkins return to London.
(b) That Parkins immediately mend his coat.
(c) That Parkins sleep in the barn.
(d) That Parkins get some rest from his trip.
3. What is Brigham hoping happens while he is away from Serena?
(a) He hopes she is not there when he returns.
(b) He hopes he forgets her.
(c) He hopes he gets over the way he feels about her.
(d) He hopes she misses him.
4. In Chapter Six, why is Fiona more concerned about Serena than her other children?
(a) Because of her stubborness.
(b) Because she always manages to get into trouble.
(c) Because she is a sickly child.
(d) Because of Serena's temper and a heart that is easily hurt.
5. What happens while Maggie and Gwen are pinning up Serena's dress for the ball?
(a) They talk about Brigham and tease Serena about him.
(b) They end up arguing over Brigham.
(c) They talk about all the men they meet at the ball.
(d) They giggle and act silly.
6. Who catches Serena and Brigham kissing when she's supposed to be doing laundry?
7. What does Coll do when Ian tells them he invites Maggie MacDonald to visit?
(a) He groans saying Maggie is a nuisance.
(b) He cries.
(c) He gets angry and says he must go away.
(d) He laughs and says he's looking forward to seeing her again.
8. What does Serena do to Brigham that has him lifting her off her feet?
(a) She slaps his face.
(b) She curses at him.
(c) She spits on him.
(d) She kicks him in the shin.
9. What does Serena feed Coll for breakfast?
(c) A thin gruel.
(d) Ham and eggs.
10. In the opening of Chapter Five, what is Coll complaining about?
(a) He is jealous that Brigham can ride.
(b) He is bored being in bed.
(c) He wants to go with his father and Brigham.
(d) He is sick of eating gruel.
11. What happens to Coll when he and Brigham fight off their attackers in Chapter One?
(a) He falls off his horse and hits his head.
(b) He is seriously wounded.
(c) He sets a trap in case the men return.
(d) He celebrates their victory.
12. What does Ian plan to disguise the meeting of the clans?
(a) A ball because both Maggie and Serena are of marrying age.
(b) A picnic with a boar roast.
(c) A birthday party because he's turning fifty.
(d) A wedding and he invites all the friendly clans.
13. What secret wish does Serena have that means she has to go to confession?
(a) She never has to milk another cow.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) She never has to scrub another pot.
(d) She never has to wash another shirt.
14. What does Malcolm say when he meets Brigham?
(a) He laughs and tells Brigham Serena hates him.
(b) He asks if he is the man who saves his brother's life.
(c) He says he is happy to meet Brigham.
(d) He asks if Brigham is the English pig.
15. What happens to Coll when he sees Maggie MacDonald in Chapter Seven?
(a) He's annoyed because she ignores him.
(b) He's stunned at how she's grown into such a beautiful woman.
(c) He's angry because she always annoys him.
(d) He's annoyed because she looks too eager to see him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Serena wear when she sneaks out of the house to go for a ride on her horse?
2. How does Brigham thank Serena for taking care of his wound?
3. What does Brigham suddenly realize after Serena admits she wishes she goes with him and her father?
4. Why does Brigham give Serena his handkerchief?
5. At the end of Chapter Seven, what does Serena think Brigham is asking her?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)