|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Serena when Brigham finally kisses her in Chapter Four?
(a) She kicks him again.
(b) She struggles to be free.
(c) She responds to his kiss.
(d) She starts to cry.
2. In the opening of Chapter Five, what is Coll complaining about?
(a) He is sick of eating gruel.
(b) He is bored being in bed.
(c) He is jealous that Brigham can ride.
(d) He wants to go with his father and Brigham.
3. What happens when Brigham asks Ian if he marries Serena?
(a) Ian frowns and says he's not sure.
(b) Ian says no.
(c) Ian says Brigham has to prove himself first.
(d) Ian wants to know how Serena feels.
4. What does Serena think about Brigham being a blue blood?
(a) It only makes him an aristocrat.
(b) It doesn't make him qualtiy.
(c) All the answers are correct.
(d) It doesn't make him a gentleman.
5. What does Fiona tell her children to do when the English Dragoons arrive?
(a) To run out of the back of the house and hide.
(b) To lock themselves in the nursery.
(c) To get their father for help.
(d) To hide in basement.
6. What does Brigham notice about Maggie MacDonald?
(a) She is not interested in Coll.
(b) She is flirting with him.
(c) She is very interested in Coll.
(d) She is a terrible hostess.
7. What does Serena do when her mother is slapped by a Dragoon?
(a) She runs for help.
(b) She tries to fight the soldier.
(c) She stabs the soldier.
(d) She hides with her brother and sister.
8. What does Ian plan to disguise the meeting of the clans?
(a) A picnic with a boar roast.
(b) A birthday party because he's turning fifty.
(c) A ball because both Maggie and Serena are of marrying age.
(d) A wedding and he invites all the friendly clans.
9. What happens while Maggie and Gwen are pinning up Serena's dress for the ball?
(a) They talk about Brigham and tease Serena about him.
(b) They talk about all the men they meet at the ball.
(c) They end up arguing over Brigham.
(d) They giggle and act silly.
10. Who is Malcolm MacGregor?
(a) Fions's adopted son.
(b) Serena's son.
(c) The youngest MacGregor child.
(d) Ian MacGregor's adopted son.
11. What does Serena feed Coll for breakfast?
(a) Ham and eggs.
(c) A thin gruel.
12. How does Serena reply when Brigham chastises her about the way she treats him since he arrives?
(a) She isn't going to stop.
(b) There is worse to come.
(c) She is giving him what he deserves.
(d) He doesn't speak to her that way.
13. How does Serena greet Brigham when he arrives at Glenroe?
(a) Very ungraciously.
(b) She shakes his hand.
(c) She kisses his cheek.
(d) She's happy he saves her brother.
14. What does Serena insist Malcolm do when he wants to visit Coll?
(a) Take a nap.
(b) Change his dirty shoes.
(c) Get washed up.
(d) Go outside.
15. Who shows up while Serena is resting from her ride in Chapter Four?
(d) The Campbells.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter One, where are the two men from who attack Brigham and Coll on the trail to Glenroe?
2. What happens to Coll when he sees Maggie MacDonald in Chapter Seven?
3. What does Brigham think when he sees Serena with blood on her dress?
4. What does Coll tell Maggie after she finally gets his attention?
5. What does Maggie say when Coll finally asks her to marry him?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)