|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Serena's special place to go when she is troubled?
(a) Their pond.
(b) The loch.
(c) The river.
(d) A field of lavender.
2. Who summons Brigham downstairs on his first evening in Glenroe?
(a) Ian MacGregor.
(b) Serena MacGregor.
(c) Fiona MacGregor.
(d) Coll MacGregor.
3. In Chapter Two, what does Fiona order Serena to do?
(a) To care for Brigham's wound.
(b) To provide Brigham with a meal.
(c) To show proper respect to a guest.
(d) All answers are correct.
4. In the morning at the beginning of Chapter Three, what is Brigham thinking about his valet?
(a) That Parkins insist he purchases all new clothing.
(b) That Parkins shoot him for tearing his coat.
(c) That Parkins laugh at the way he looks.
(d) That Parkins cringe to see the condition of his clothing.
5. What does Serena do to Brigham that has him lifting her off her feet?
(a) She spits on him.
(b) She kicks him in the shin.
(c) She slaps his face.
(d) She curses at him.
6. How does Brigham thank Serena for taking care of his wound?
(a) He kisses her hand.
(b) He shakes her hand.
(c) He gives her a hug.
(d) He writes her a thank you note.
7. Why does Brigham give Serena his handkerchief?
(a) Because Serena starts to cry.
(b) Because she smears her lipstick when she kisses him.
(c) Because Serena sneezes.
(d) Because she has a cold.
8. How old is Coll MacGregor when he is permitted to go hunting with his father?
(b) Barely fourteen.
(c) Twelve years old.
(d) Almost fifteen.
9. In the opening of Chapter Five, what is Coll complaining about?
(a) He wants to go with his father and Brigham.
(b) He is jealous that Brigham can ride.
(c) He is bored being in bed.
(d) He is sick of eating gruel.
10. What does Brigham say to Fiona when he comes down to the ball?
(a) He asks her for a dance sometime that evening.
(b) He tells her she is almost as beautiful as her daughter.
(c) He says he is in love with her daughter.
(d) He tells her to keep the women busy while the men meet to discuss war.
11. Who are the Jacobites?
(a) English who are loyal to the current King.
(b) People who come from Jacoba.
(c) Scottish rebels.
(d) English who are loyal to James Stuart.
12. Who sends the letter to Brigham that Coll is so anxious to read?
(a) Prince Charles Stuart.
(b) Ian MacGregor.
(c) Captain Standish.
(d) Mary MacDonald.
13. Why does Gwen tell Brigham he needs rest?
(a) Because she is afraid he'd awaken Coll.
(b) Because he is wounded and stays up all night with Coll.
(c) Because Brigham looks terrible himself.
(d) Because she wants to get him away from Serena.
14. In Chapter Four why does Mrs. Drummond make certain Fiona doesn't hear what she is saying to Serena?
(a) They are talking about delicate matters.
(b) They are discussing politics.
(c) They are discussing Coll's condition.
(d) They are planning a surprise party for Fiona.
15. Who catches Serena and Brigham kissing when she's supposed to be doing laundry?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Four, what does Brigham say about Serena's insults since he arrives?
2. What does Brigham notice about Maggie MacDonald?
3. What does Brigham suddenly realize after Serena admits she wishes she goes with him and her father?
4. What book is Serena reading as she sits with Coll?
5. When Brigham finally dances with Serena, what does he tell her he is trying to figure out?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)