|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the opening of Chapter Five, what is Coll complaining about?
(a) He is bored being in bed.
(b) He is jealous that Brigham can ride.
(c) He is sick of eating gruel.
(d) He wants to go with his father and Brigham.
2. What does Maggie say when Coll finally asks her to marry him?
(a) She is too young to get married.
(b) She is betrothed to another man.
(c) She wants to think about it.
(d) She waits all her life for him to ask.
3. Why does Gwen take charge when they get Coll into the house?
(a) Gwen has medical experience.
(b) Gwen is a faith healer.
(c) Gwen is a doctor.
(d) Gwen is a nurse.
4. Who tries to pacify Coll saying they take him for a walk?
5. In the opening of Chapter Seven, what bad news does Brigham receive?
(a) King Louis of Italy decides not to help with the war.
(b) Napoleon decides not to help them with the war.
(c) King Louis of France does not help with their war to restor the throne to Charles.
(d) France decides to side with England in the war.
6. Who are the Jacobites?
(a) English who are loyal to James Stuart.
(b) English who are loyal to the current King.
(c) Scottish rebels.
(d) People who come from Jacoba.
7. What secret wish does Serena have that means she has to go to confession?
(a) She never has to wash another shirt.
(b) She never has to scrub another pot.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) She never has to milk another cow.
8. What does Coll do when Ian tells them he invites Maggie MacDonald to visit?
(a) He groans saying Maggie is a nuisance.
(b) He laughs and says he's looking forward to seeing her again.
(c) He gets angry and says he must go away.
(d) He cries.
9. Who is Malcolm MacGregor?
(a) The youngest MacGregor child.
(b) Serena's son.
(c) Fions's adopted son.
(d) Ian MacGregor's adopted son.
10. Who arrives in Brigham's carriage?
(a) Maggie MacDonald.
(b) One of the Campbells.
(d) Prince Charles.
11. What does Serena feed Coll for breakfast?
(a) Ham and eggs.
(b) A thin gruel.
12. What does Serena say about English blood?
(a) English blood runs cold.
(b) English blood runs blue.
(c) English blood runs thin.
(d) English blood runs yellow.
13. How does Serena respond to Brigham's misunderstanding about the blood on her dress?
(a) She tells him he is foolish.
(b) She starts to giggle.
(c) She is too tired to respond.
(d) She gets angry.
14. Who is Serena MacGregor?
(a) Leader of the MacGregor's inner circle.
(b) The lovely oldest daughter of Ian and Fiona.
(c) The middle child of the MacGregor's.
(d) A woman who becomes a spy for Scottland.
15. What does Brigham think about Serena while she tends his wound?
(a) She has the face of an angel and the soul of a witch.
(b) She is an evil woman.
(c) She has the body of a fashion model.
(d) She has the strength of a man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who summons Brigham downstairs on his first evening in Glenroe?
2. In Chapter Two, what does Fiona order Serena to do?
3. How does Brigham reply when Coll seems impatient for the war to begin?
4. Who catches Serena and Brigham kissing when she's supposed to be doing laundry?
5. What does Brigham suddenly realize after Serena admits she wishes she goes with him and her father?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)