|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the opening of Chapter Seven, what bad news does Brigham receive?
(a) France decides to side with England in the war.
(b) King Louis of France does not help with their war to restor the throne to Charles.
(c) King Louis of Italy decides not to help with the war.
(d) Napoleon decides not to help them with the war.
2. What happens to Coll when he sees Maggie MacDonald in Chapter Seven?
(a) He's annoyed because she ignores him.
(b) He's angry because she always annoys him.
(c) He's annoyed because she looks too eager to see him.
(d) He's stunned at how she's grown into such a beautiful woman.
3. What happens when Brigham sees Serena holding hands with another man?
(a) He is jealous.
(b) He gives her a warning.
(c) He pulls her outside.
(d) All of the answers are correct.
4. What happens when Brigham asks Ian if he marries Serena?
(a) Ian says no.
(b) Ian says Brigham has to prove himself first.
(c) Ian frowns and says he's not sure.
(d) Ian wants to know how Serena feels.
5. When Brigham finally dances with Serena, what does he tell her he is trying to figure out?
(a) If she looks more lovely in the green gown or in breeches.
(b) If she waits for him when he goes to war.
(c) If she loves him as much as he loves her.
(d) If she dances as well as she rides.
6. In Chapter Four, what does Brigham say about Serena's insults since he arrives?
(a) That she thinks she gets away with it becasue she is a woman.
(b) That she has no respect.
(c) That he doesn't take it any more.
(d) That she is a spoiled brat.
7. What does Brigham suddenly realize after Serena admits she wishes she goes with him and her father?
(a) He loves her.
(b) He dislikes her spunk and spirit.
(c) He is tired of fighting with her.
(d) He wants to get away from her.
8. Where does Fiona suggest Brigham have his breakfast?
(a) In his room.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In the dining room.
(d) In the parlor.
9. Why does Gwen tell Brigham he needs rest?
(a) Because he is wounded and stays up all night with Coll.
(b) Because she is afraid he'd awaken Coll.
(c) Because she wants to get him away from Serena.
(d) Because Brigham looks terrible himself.
10. What Gaelic term does Serena call Brigham?
11. How does Serena greet Brigham when he arrives at Glenroe?
(a) She kisses his cheek.
(b) She's happy he saves her brother.
(c) Very ungraciously.
(d) She shakes his hand.
12. Who is Serena MacGregor?
(a) A woman who becomes a spy for Scottland.
(b) The middle child of the MacGregor's.
(c) Leader of the MacGregor's inner circle.
(d) The lovely oldest daughter of Ian and Fiona.
13. What does Coll do when Ian tells them he invites Maggie MacDonald to visit?
(a) He groans saying Maggie is a nuisance.
(b) He gets angry and says he must go away.
(c) He cries.
(d) He laughs and says he's looking forward to seeing her again.
14. Over Brighan's breakfast, who does Fiona say asks to see him?
15. What does Brigham do to Serena that he feels the need to apologize for?
(a) Brigham laughs at Serena.
(b) Brigham kisses Serena.
(c) Brigham slaps Serena.
(d) Brigham scolds Serena.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shows up while Serena is resting from her ride in Chapter Four?
2. What treasured item does Brigham pack to take with him on his trip to Scotland?
3. Why does Gwen take charge when they get Coll into the house?
4. In Chapter One, where are the two men from who attack Brigham and Coll on the trail to Glenroe?
5. In the morning at the beginning of Chapter Three, what is Brigham thinking about his valet?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)