|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Over Brighan's breakfast, who does Fiona say asks to see him?
2. What does Serena think about while she rests from her ride?
(a) The work that still needs to be done.
(b) Coll's injury.
(c) The impending war.
(d) Fancy London balls.
3. What does Malcolm say when he meets Brigham?
(a) He says he is happy to meet Brigham.
(b) He asks if Brigham is the English pig.
(c) He asks if he is the man who saves his brother's life.
(d) He laughs and tells Brigham Serena hates him.
4. What happens when Serena tries a similar trick on Brigham and pretends to slip while carrying milk to the house?
(a) She argues that she's perfectly capable of doing the work.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) When he comments she's sturdy as a mule, she spills a bucket of milk over his head.
(d) He acts like she needs help to do her work.
5. What does Serena feed Coll for breakfast?
(b) Ham and eggs.
(c) A thin gruel.
6. What secret wish does Serena have that means she has to go to confession?
(a) She never has to wash another shirt.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) She never has to scrub another pot.
(d) She never has to milk another cow.
7. Who does Brigham ask to dance the first dance?
8. What book is Serena reading as she sits with Coll?
(a) Julius Ceasar.
(c) Romeo and Juliet.
9. Why does Brighan's driver, Jem, look in on Malcolm's horse?
(a) Because Jem is a veternarian.
(b) Because Marcolm's horse is expecting to foal soon.
(c) Because Brigham wants to buy Malcolm's horse.
(d) Because Malcolm's horse is sick.
10. What is Serena's special place to go when she is troubled?
(a) Their pond.
(b) The loch.
(c) The river.
(d) A field of lavender.
11. Who is Serena MacGregor?
(a) The lovely oldest daughter of Ian and Fiona.
(b) The middle child of the MacGregor's.
(c) A woman who becomes a spy for Scottland.
(d) Leader of the MacGregor's inner circle.
12. What is Brigham Langston's title?
(a) Duke of Earle.
(b) The fourth earl of Ashburn.
(c) Duke of Langston.
(d) Captain Langston.
13. Why is there blood on Serena's dress in Chapter Five?
(a) Because she hurts herself.
(b) Because she is hurt.
(c) Because she is butchering.
(d) Because she helps with the birth of a foal.
14. What does Serena say when Brigham introduces himself to her mother?
(a) "He saves Coll's life".
(b) "Any friend of Coll's is a friend of mine".
(c) "He's English".
(d) "He's a rat and can't be trusted".
15. What does Brigham suddenly realize after Serena admits she wishes she goes with him and her father?
(a) He wants to get away from her.
(b) He loves her.
(c) He dislikes her spunk and spirit.
(d) He is tired of fighting with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Serena when Brigham finally kisses her in Chapter Four?
2. Who arrives in Brigham's carriage?
3. What happens to Coll when he and Brigham fight off their attackers in Chapter One?
4. How old is Coll MacGregor when he is permitted to go hunting with his father?
5. At the end of Chapter Seven, what does Serena think Brigham is asking her?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)