|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Malcolm say when he meets Brigham?
(a) He says he is happy to meet Brigham.
(b) He asks if he is the man who saves his brother's life.
(c) He laughs and tells Brigham Serena hates him.
(d) He asks if Brigham is the English pig.
2. What happens when Serena tries a similar trick on Brigham and pretends to slip while carrying milk to the house?
(a) She argues that she's perfectly capable of doing the work.
(b) He acts like she needs help to do her work.
(c) When he comments she's sturdy as a mule, she spills a bucket of milk over his head.
(d) All answers are correct.
3. How does Brigham reply when Fiona asks if she should leave or stay while he eats breakfast?
(a) That he likes to eat with everyone next time.
(b) That he doesn't like eating alone.
(c) That he wants Serena to join him.
(d) That he perfers the company of a beautiful woman.
4. What is Brigham hoping happens while he is away from Serena?
(a) He hopes he forgets her.
(b) He hopes she is not there when he returns.
(c) He hopes she misses him.
(d) He hopes he gets over the way he feels about her.
5. Why does Serena say she wishes she were a man?
(a) Because then she doesn't have to sit and wait.
(b) Because then she would never have to have a baby.
(c) Because then she could be head of the house.
(d) Because then she could ride in breeches.
6. What does Brigham think when he sees Serena with blood on her dress?
(a) That she is attacked by a man.
(b) That she is butchering a hog.
(c) That she kills someone.
(d) That she hurts herself.
7. At the end of Chapter Seven, what does Serena think Brigham is asking her?
(a) To stop acting like a child.
(b) To stay away from him.
(c) To be his mistress.
(d) To be his wife.
8. Over Brighan's breakfast, who does Fiona say asks to see him?
9. Who do Ian and Brigham have to be careful of if they plan another meeting of the clans?
(a) The Wigs.
(b) The Campbells.
(c) The Jacobites.
(d) The Black Watch.
10. In Chapter One, where are the two men from who attack Brigham and Coll on the trail to Glenroe?
(a) They are English soldiers from Inverness.
(b) They are from the MacDonald Clan.
(c) They are from the Campbell clan.
(d) They are robbers from Edinburgh.
11. Who sends the letter to Brigham that Coll is so anxious to read?
(a) Ian MacGregor.
(b) Mary MacDonald.
(c) Captain Standish.
(d) Prince Charles Stuart.
12. How does Fiona explain how she know when she is in love?
(a) When Ian asks her to marry him.
(b) At first sight.
(c) When she has butterflies in her stomach when she sees Ian.
(d) When her heart speaks louder than her head.
13. Why does Gwen tell Brigham he needs rest?
(a) Because she wants to get him away from Serena.
(b) Because Brigham looks terrible himself.
(c) Because he is wounded and stays up all night with Coll.
(d) Because she is afraid he'd awaken Coll.
14. How does Serena reply when Brigham asks if he hurt her?
(a) That she is not easily hurt.
(b) That she is going to hurt him.
(c) That she hates him.
(d) That she isn't hurt by him.
15. What does Coll tell Maggie after she finally gets his attention?
(a) That she's the most beautiful woman in Scotland.
(b) That's she's a silly fool.
(c) That he could make a habit out of catching her.
(d) That she has to be more careful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brigham suddenly realize after Serena admits she wishes she goes with him and her father?
2. Who lives at Glenfinnan?
3. In Chapter Four, what does Brigham say about Serena's insults since he arrives?
4. What does Serena do when her mother is slapped by a Dragoon?
5. How does Serena respond to Brigham's misunderstanding about the blood on her dress?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)