|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maggie say when Coll finally asks her to marry him?
(a) She is too young to get married.
(b) She waits all her life for him to ask.
(c) She wants to think about it.
(d) She is betrothed to another man.
2. What Gaelic term does Serena call Brigham?
3. Who lives at Glenfinnan?
(a) The Camerons.
(b) The MacDonalds.
(c) The Campbells.
(d) The Stuarts.
4. What happens when Brigham asks Ian if he marries Serena?
(a) Ian says Brigham has to prove himself first.
(b) Ian wants to know how Serena feels.
(c) Ian says no.
(d) Ian frowns and says he's not sure.
5. What does Brigham do to Serena that he feels the need to apologize for?
(a) Brigham kisses Serena.
(b) Brigham slaps Serena.
(c) Brigham laughs at Serena.
(d) Brigham scolds Serena.
6. What does Serena insist Malcolm do when he wants to visit Coll?
(a) Take a nap.
(b) Change his dirty shoes.
(c) Go outside.
(d) Get washed up.
7. In the opening of Chapter Five, what is Coll complaining about?
(a) He is bored being in bed.
(b) He wants to go with his father and Brigham.
(c) He is sick of eating gruel.
(d) He is jealous that Brigham can ride.
8. What happens to Coll when he and Brigham fight off their attackers in Chapter One?
(a) He is seriously wounded.
(b) He falls off his horse and hits his head.
(c) He sets a trap in case the men return.
(d) He celebrates their victory.
9. What does Malcolm say when he meets Brigham?
(a) He asks if Brigham is the English pig.
(b) He laughs and tells Brigham Serena hates him.
(c) He asks if he is the man who saves his brother's life.
(d) He says he is happy to meet Brigham.
10. In Chapter One, where are the two men from who attack Brigham and Coll on the trail to Glenroe?
(a) They are English soldiers from Inverness.
(b) They are from the Campbell clan.
(c) They are robbers from Edinburgh.
(d) They are from the MacDonald Clan.
11. What does Fiona tell her children to do when the English Dragoons arrive?
(a) To run out of the back of the house and hide.
(b) To lock themselves in the nursery.
(c) To get their father for help.
(d) To hide in basement.
12. What happens to the MacGregor's in 1735?
(a) Malcolm MacGregor is born.
(b) The Scottish start their war against England.
(c) The MacGregor's move to Glenroe.
(d) English Dragoons pillage their village.
13. What happens when Serena tries a similar trick on Brigham and pretends to slip while carrying milk to the house?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) She argues that she's perfectly capable of doing the work.
(c) When he comments she's sturdy as a mule, she spills a bucket of milk over his head.
(d) He acts like she needs help to do her work.
14. At the very end of Chapter Eight, what does Brigham promise Serena after telling her he goes back to London in two days?
(a) That he returns from London.
(b) That he loves no other woman.
(c) That he stays in London.
(d) That he marries her.
15. What book is Serena reading as she sits with Coll?
(b) Julius Ceasar.
(d) Romeo and Juliet.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Serena reply when Brigham chastises her about the way she treats him since he arrives?
2. What does Brigham notice about Maggie MacDonald?
3. Who does Brigham ask to dance the first dance?
4. Who arrives in Brigham's carriage?
5. What is Brigham Langston's title?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)