|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brigham tell Malcolm when the boy is unhappy because he cannot go to war with the men?
(a) He is foolish to think such a thing.
(b) He'll be old enough to fight in the next war.
(c) He is needed at home to help protect the women.
(d) He can go if he proves his ability with a claymore.
2. Why does Serena say she wishes she were a man?
(a) Because then she could be head of the house.
(b) Because then she would never have to have a baby.
(c) Because then she doesn't have to sit and wait.
(d) Because then she could ride in breeches.
3. At the end of Chapter Seven, what does Serena think Brigham is asking her?
(a) To be his mistress.
(b) To be his wife.
(c) To stop acting like a child.
(d) To stay away from him.
4. In Chapter Two, what does Fiona order Serena to do?
(a) To care for Brigham's wound.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) To provide Brigham with a meal.
(d) To show proper respect to a guest.
5. How old is Coll MacGregor when he is permitted to go hunting with his father?
(b) Almost fifteen.
(c) Barely fourteen.
(d) Twelve years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Serena wear when she sneaks out of the house to go for a ride on her horse?
2. When Brigham talks about their being together after the war, how does Serena respond?
3. Who catches Serena and Brigham kissing when she's supposed to be doing laundry?
4. In the final pages of Chapter Thirteen, after the battle when some of the men want to go after the English army, what does Brigham say?
5. Where does Prince Charles begin his march to war?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)