|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Serena do to Brigham that has him lifting her off her feet?
(a) She kicks him in the shin.
(b) She spits on him.
(c) She curses at him.
(d) She slaps his face.
2. What is Serena's special place to go when she is troubled?
(a) A field of lavender.
(b) The loch.
(c) Their pond.
(d) The river.
3. How does Serena reply when Brigham chastises her about the way she treats him since he arrives?
(a) She is giving him what he deserves.
(b) She isn't going to stop.
(c) There is worse to come.
(d) He doesn't speak to her that way.
4. What are Brigham's final words on the subject of marriage before the end of Chapter Nine?
(a) That he brings a preacher back from London.
(b) That he marries her if he has to tie her up for the wedding.
(c) That he never loves another but her.
(d) That he speaks to her father when he returns to London.
5. In Chapter Nine when Serena is out riding, what is she thinking Brigham does after the war?
(a) Find another woman.
(b) Return to London.
(c) Return to her.
(d) Travel abroad.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the final pages of Chapter Thirteen, after the battle when some of the men want to go after the English army, what does Brigham say?
2. What does Brigham think about as his men moving back toward Inverness?
3. What secret wish does Serena have that means she has to go to confession?
4. In Chapter Four why does Mrs. Drummond make certain Fiona doesn't hear what she is saying to Serena?
5. Why does Serena try to ride away when she sees Brigham riding in her direction?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)