|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the final pages of Chapter Thirteen, after the battle when some of the men want to go after the English army, what does Brigham say?
(a) They should to tend to their men.
(b) Their own dead and wounded will be taken back to Inverness.
(c) The English dead should be buried.
(d) All the answers are correct.
2. What does Serena think about Brigham being a blue blood?
(a) It doesn't make him qualtiy.
(b) It only makes him an aristocrat.
(c) All the answers are correct.
(d) It doesn't make him a gentleman.
3. What news does Brigham have for Serena after he comes to their room and finds her crying in Chapter 13?
(a) She can stay at Holyrood, but the men are leaving for London.
(b) She must leave the next day because they are going to march to London.
(c) She must leave the next day because it's time for the men to begin planning their next attack.
(d) He isn't feeling well and wants to rest.
4. In Chapter 13, what does Brigham ask Serena to do if something happens to him?
(a) If she is with child, to name the child after his father.
(b) To make sure they have a hiding place in case they are attacked at Glenroe.
(c) To get the chest and strongbox in his chamber.
(d) To be careful on the road back to Glenroe.
5. What are Brigham's final words on the subject of marriage before the end of Chapter Nine?
(a) That he marries her if he has to tie her up for the wedding.
(b) That he brings a preacher back from London.
(c) That he speaks to her father when he returns to London.
(d) That he never loves another but her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Back at Glenroe, what do Serena and Malcolm do when they learn the English are getting closer?
2. What is Serena's special place to go when she is troubled?
3. What secret wish does Serena have that means she has to go to confession?
4. In Chapter Four why does Mrs. Drummond make certain Fiona doesn't hear what she is saying to Serena?
5. How does Serena feel about life at the royal court?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)