Prologue and Chapter One
• One of the main characters of the novel, Serena MacGregor is introduced as a eight year old girl living in Glenroe.
• Serena fears for her mother when English Dragoons enter their home looking for her father.
• Though Serena tries to defend her mother, she fails and her mother is beaten and raped.
• The story moves forward ten years and the other main character of the novel, Brigham Langston, is introduced as a good friend to Coll, Serena's brother.
• They fight together before and are now involved in plans to return the rightful person to the throne of England.
• As they ride toward Glenroe, they are attacked and Coll is seriously injured.
• When Brigham brings Coll to his family, he is to taste Serena's hatred of the English.
• Serena's younger sister, Gwen, is introduced as a young woman with knowledge of healing.
This section contains 1,482 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)