Prologue and Chapter One
* One of the main characters of the novel, Serena MacGregor is introduced as a eight year old girl living in Glenroe.
* Serena fears for her mother when English Dragoons enter their home looking for her father.
* Though Serena tries to defend her mother, she fails and her mother is beaten and raped.
* The story moves forward ten years and the other main character of the novel, Brigham Langston, is introduced as a good friend to Coll, Serena's brother.
* They fight together before and are now involved in plans to return the rightful person to the throne of England.
* As they ride toward Glenroe, they are attacked and Coll is seriously injured.
* When Brigham brings Coll to his family, he is to taste Serena's hatred of the English.
* Serena's younger sister, Gwen, is introduced as a young woman with knowledge of healing.
This section contains 1,340 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)