|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who remembers when this all will be again at the end of the book?
2. Who appears to Death after he sends a friend away at the end of the book?
3. What stage does One-Man-Bucket say the eggs are in when they create more cities?
4. What kind of weapon does Bill Door use in the book?
5. Who predicts Windle Poons' death in a letter given to him near the end of the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the wizards' attempts at solving the pyramid crisis with Windle and his groups'. How has Windle's point of view and ability to problem solve change after becoming undead in comparison to his former wizard friends, and what factors can be credited for this change?
Essay Topic 2
From the beginning of the book, the author presents an element of fantasy in the scenery and characters in the book. Part 1.) How do the book's characters create a tone of fantasy? Part 2.) What elements would have been impossible without the element of fantasy? Part 3.) How does the author take advantage of fantasy when using symbolic morals to the story?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the portrayal of the concept of dreams in the book. How does the author use Bill Door's dream about his death to foreshadow and carry the story along, and what purpose might he have for doing this?
This section contains 1,126 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)