Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bill Door disgusted by regarding the new incarnation of Death when he first sees him?
2. Who stays behind in the room and struggles against pink tubing so others can escape?
3. Which of the following things does Bill Door NOT use to sharpen his weapon on?
4. Who is Miss Flitworth reunited with after she dies?
5. Who appears and gives Windle Poons a note of a death prediction?
Essay Topic 1
From the beginning of the book, the author presents an element of fantasy in the scenery and characters in the book. Part 1.) How do the book's characters create a tone of fantasy? Part 2.) What elements would have been impossible without the element of fantasy? Part 3.) How does the author take advantage of fantasy when using symbolic morals to the story?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the symbolism that dance has in the book. What significance do the two dances, the Morris dance and the harvest dance, have in the portrayal of the circle of life in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the author's portrayal of man versus machine in the book. What does man possess that allows him to overcome machines despite often being overcome by them?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)