|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is everyone in town amazed at when they see the combination harvester work for the first time?
2. Who does Death send away at the end of the book?
3. What do the wizards of the Unseen University behave like when Windle and the others find them in the pyramid?
4. Who stays behind in the room and struggles against pink tubing so others can escape?
5. What color marble does Ludmilla find under the pyramid?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the author's portrayal of man versus machine in the book. What does man possess that allows him to overcome machines despite often being overcome by them?
Essay Topic 2
After experiencing the life of the undead, Windle Poons realizes what it means to truly live. Part 1.) What might the author be saying about many people's tendency to take life for granted based on Windle's experience in the book? Part 2.) What impact does living life as Bill Door have on Death's desire to have a life outside of his persona? Part 3.) What appears to be the author's overall message regarding the important things in life?
Essay Topic 3
Humanity is a theme examined throughout the book, especially when compared to the lives of wizards and other paranormal beings. Part 1.) How is humanity put to test in the novel from the invasion of the city eggs? Part 2.) How is Windle Poons' opinion of humanity changed after he becomes undead? Part 3.) What lessons does Death learn about humanity while living as Bill Door?
This section contains 1,138 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)