Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bill Door disgusted by regarding the new incarnation of Death when he first sees him?
2. Who stays behind in the room and struggles against pink tubing so others can escape?
3. Which of the following things does Bill Door NOT use to sharpen his weapon on?
4. Who is Miss Flitworth reunited with after she dies?
5. Who appears and gives Windle Poons a note of a death prediction?
Discuss the portrayal of the concept of reality in the book. How is the natural portrayal of reality skewed in the book and what factors lead to this alteration in reality?
The scythe creates the opportunity for much symbolism in the book. Part 1.) What role does the scythe play in the destruction of the new persona of Death and what might this symbolize about the nature of this new persona? Part 2.) How does Death's scythe support his need to work hard? Part 3.) How does the author use the image of the scythe to represent death throughout the book?
Discuss the author's portrayal of money in the book. What might the author be saying about the nature of money based on Miss Flitworth's vast and wasted fortune seen at the end of the book?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)