|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bill Door say to Miss Flitworth just as Death appears on a horse?
2. What does Bill Door become when his lifetimer is empty?
3. Who appears and gives Windle Poons a note of a death prediction?
4. Who does Bill Door hire to destroy his scythe?
5. What does the Archchancellor use to defeat a moving compost?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the inside of the pyramid described when Windle Poons and the others first enter it?
2. What is in Miss Flitworth's three chests she keeps on her dresser?
3. What does Miss Flitworth do when Death reveals she is dead?
4. What does Windle Poons say he has learned about himself after dying at the end of the book?
5. How does Bill Door feel about the person who replaced him as the persona of Death?
6. How do Miss Flitworth and Bill Door try to save their harvest during a hailstorm?
7. How are city eggs first described?
8. How does Schleppel help people escape the pink tubing in the book?
9. How is Mrs. Cake's séance with One-Man-Bucket described?
10. How is Death's meeting with the Auditors atop a mountain described?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
From the beginning of the book, the author presents an element of fantasy in the scenery and characters in the book. Part 1.) How do the book's characters create a tone of fantasy? Part 2.) What elements would have been impossible without the element of fantasy? Part 3.) How does the author take advantage of fantasy when using symbolic morals to the story?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the portrayal of friendship in the book. What impact does the formation of friendship have on Windle Poons and Bill Door, and what might the author be saying about the importance of forming friendships based on the portrayal of these characters?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the nature of the persona of Bill Door that is portrayed in the book. Part 1.) What does Death becoming Bill Door allow him to learn about the nature of the world that he wasn't able to grasp as the persona of Death? Part 2.) How did this persona allow him to grow as a person?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)