|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many chests does Miss Flitworth have sitting on her dresser?
2. What do the predators attacking the city begin to absorb from it?
3. What is the small piece of Death that escapes and survives?
4. What does Miss Flitworth realize Bill Door's arm really is when she touches it?
5. What is the name of the invention the town blacksmith creates and shows to Bill Door and Miss Flitworth?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the portrayal of sacrifice in the book. What impact does Miss Flitworth's sacrifice of her lifetimer sand have on Bill Door/Death's humanization in the book, and why is this act so significant to him?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author's portrayal of class in the book. How does the author portray the undead characters in the book as a lesser class than humans, wizards and other characters and what deeper meaning might he wish for you to gain from this presentation?
Essay Topic 3
From the beginning of the book, the author presents an element of fantasy in the scenery and characters in the book. Part 1.) How do the book's characters create a tone of fantasy? Part 2.) What elements would have been impossible without the element of fantasy? Part 3.) How does the author take advantage of fantasy when using symbolic morals to the story?
This section contains 1,119 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)