Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bill Door disgusted by regarding the new incarnation of Death when he first sees him?
2. Who stays behind in the room and struggles against pink tubing so others can escape?
3. Which of the following things does Bill Door NOT use to sharpen his weapon on?
4. Who is Miss Flitworth reunited with after she dies?
5. Who appears and gives Windle Poons a note of a death prediction?
Essay Topic 1
The scythe creates the opportunity for much symbolism in the book. Part 1.) What role does the scythe play in the destruction of the new persona of Death and what might this symbolize about the nature of this new persona? Part 2.) How does Death's scythe support his need to work hard? Part 3.) How does the author use the image of the scythe to represent death throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the symbolism that dance has in the book. What significance do the two dances, the Morris dance and the harvest dance, have in the portrayal of the circle of life in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the wizards' attempts at solving the pyramid crisis with Windle and his groups'. How has Windle's point of view and ability to problem solve change after becoming undead in comparison to his former wizard friends, and what factors can be credited for this change?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)