|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bill Door disgusted by regarding the new incarnation of Death when he first sees him?
2. Who stays behind in the room and struggles against pink tubing so others can escape?
3. Which of the following things does Bill Door NOT use to sharpen his weapon on?
4. Who is Miss Flitworth reunited with after she dies?
5. Who appears and gives Windle Poons a note of a death prediction?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the portrayal of the concept of reality in the book. How is the natural portrayal of reality skewed in the book and what factors lead to this alteration in reality?
Essay Topic 2
The concept of death is the leading theme in the book's overall message to readers. Part 1.) What can we learn about the nature of how others perceive death based on the narrator's suggestion that is created by our feelings toward it? Part 2.) How does Death's escape into the world as Bill Door suggest flaws in our perceptions of the nature of death? Part 3.) How can it be argued that death is the central theme found in the book?
Essay Topic 3
The scythe creates the opportunity for much symbolism in the book. Part 1.) What role does the scythe play in the destruction of the new persona of Death and what might this symbolize about the nature of this new persona? Part 2.) How does Death's scythe support his need to work hard? Part 3.) How does the author use the image of the scythe to represent death throughout the book?
This section contains 1,130 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)