|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bill Door awaken from a dream in the book?
2. Whose palace sends a squad of guards to come investigate the sudden poltergeist activity at the university?
3. What is the name of the support group for dead people that is advertised inside Windle Poons' coffin?
4. Which of the following items do Windle Poons' friends not do against him to try and make him die again?
5. What is the name of the spirit friend the medium contacts to find out why the poltergeist activity is occurring?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Bill Door first accepted around town after moving there?
2. How does Bill Door react when Miss Flitworth tells him to save a little girl from a fire?
3. How do the wizards bury Windle Poons at a crossroad?
4. What happens when Mrs. Cake contacts One-Man-Bucket for the first time in the book?
5. How is the Morris dance first described?
6. How do Windle's friends react after he comes back from the dead?
7. How are the wizards almost injured by a chandelier in the book?
8. How is Miss Flitwotrh's parlor described in the book?
9. What happens when Windle Poons realizes Schleppel followed him home after the Fresh Start Club meeting?
10. What does the gray robes that the wizards conjure tell them about Death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's portrayal of class in the book. How does the author portray the undead characters in the book as a lesser class than humans, wizards and other characters and what deeper meaning might he wish for you to gain from this presentation?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the nature of the persona of Bill Door that is portrayed in the book. Part 1.) What does Death becoming Bill Door allow him to learn about the nature of the world that he wasn't able to grasp as the persona of Death? Part 2.) How did this persona allow him to grow as a person?
Essay Topic 3
Humanity is a theme examined throughout the book, especially when compared to the lives of wizards and other paranormal beings. Part 1.) How is humanity put to test in the novel from the invasion of the city eggs? Part 2.) How is Windle Poons' opinion of humanity changed after he becomes undead? Part 3.) What lessons does Death learn about humanity while living as Bill Door?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)