|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Windle Poons disappointed to realize about being undead after visiting a dangerous neighborhood?
2. What is the name of the bridge where Windle Poons goes after becoming undead?
3. What is the name of the old woman who Death finds work with as a human?
4. Where does the wizard who dies at the beginning of the book wake up after dying?
5. What does Death find a backlog on his desk when sent back to his study in a dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Mrs. Cake contacts One-Man-Bucket for the first time in the book?
2. How does Death find a job after taking of the persona of Bill Door?
3. How is Mrs. Cake's séance with One-Man-Bucket described?
4. How is the combination harvester first described?
5. How does the gardener, Modo, react when Windle Poons comes out of his grave?
6. How do the wizards try to attack Windle Poons after he comes back from the dead?
7. What is in Miss Flitworth's three chests she keeps on her dresser?
8. What favor does Windle Poons ask of Mrs. Cake before wandering off in the book?
9. How is the nature of Lupine's character first described in the book?
10. How does Archchancellor Ridcully defeat a living compost heap in the book?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the nature of the persona of Bill Door that is portrayed in the book. Part 1.) What does Death becoming Bill Door allow him to learn about the nature of the world that he wasn't able to grasp as the persona of Death? Part 2.) How did this persona allow him to grow as a person?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author's portrayal of money in the book. What might the author be saying about the nature of money based on Miss Flitworth's vast and wasted fortune seen at the end of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the portrayal of friendship in the book. What impact does the formation of friendship have on Windle Poons and Bill Door, and what might the author be saying about the importance of forming friendships based on the portrayal of these characters?
This section contains 1,592 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)