|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bill Door try and amuse townsfolk with his poor skills in?
2. What is the name of the device Death has that measures the remaining days of his life?
3. What does the friend the medium contacts say is crowded and is causing poltergeist activity?
4. What is the name of the support group for dead people that is advertised inside Windle Poons' coffin?
5. What is the relationship between Archchancellor Ridcully and the Chief Priest in the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cut-Me-Own-Throat Dibbler tell Sergeant Colon is happening in his cellar?
2. How does Bill Door react after Miss Flitworth asks him to help her kill rats and a chicken?
3. What happens when Bill Door sees a gray figure with his shattered lifetimer in the barn during a dream?
4. How is the Morris dance first described?
5. What happens when Windle Poons realizes Schleppel followed him home after the Fresh Start Club meeting?
6. How does the gardener, Modo, react when Windle Poons comes out of his grave?
7. How does Bill Door use the scythe to cut Miss Fitworth's grass?
8. How do the wizards bury Windle Poons at a crossroad?
9. How is Windle Poons' first Fresh Start Club meeting described?
10. How is Windle Poons' death described in the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Death's incredible work ethic is shown throughout the book when he is both the persona of Death and Bill Door. Part 1.) How does Death's work ethic as Death compare to his work on Miss Flitworth's farm as a human? Part 2.) Why does Death feel a good work ethic is important? Part 3.) What is telling about the nature of Death based on his hard work ethic that is portrayed in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the concept of mourning that is presented in the book. What impact does Death's first experience with mourning have on his outlook on life and what change does this exhibit in him?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the portrayal of the concept of reality in the book. How is the natural portrayal of reality skewed in the book and what factors lead to this alteration in reality?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)