|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the bashful banshee who passes notes?
2. Where do mysterious objects first start appearing in the book?
3. What color do the figures in empty robes wear that report in Death's absence?
4. What is the name of the medium's daughter that is a werewolf?
5. What does Windle find the gardener at the Unseen University using instead of a wheelbarrow?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bill Door react when Miss Flitworth tells him to save a little girl from a fire?
2. How is the Morris dance first described?
3. How is Bill Door first accepted around town after moving there?
4. How does the narrator describe how the persona of Death was created?
5. How does Death find a job after taking of the persona of Bill Door?
6. How is the nature of Lupine's character first described in the book?
7. How is Windle Poons' death described in the book?
8. How do the wizards bury Windle Poons at a crossroad?
9. What happens when one of the Auditors of Reality refers to himself as I at the beginning of the book?
10. How does Bill Door react after Miss Flitworth asks him to help her kill rats and a chicken?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Death's incredible work ethic is shown throughout the book when he is both the persona of Death and Bill Door. Part 1.) How does Death's work ethic as Death compare to his work on Miss Flitworth's farm as a human? Part 2.) Why does Death feel a good work ethic is important? Part 3.) What is telling about the nature of Death based on his hard work ethic that is portrayed in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the symbolism that dance has in the book. What significance do the two dances, the Morris dance and the harvest dance, have in the portrayal of the circle of life in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the wizards' attempts at solving the pyramid crisis with Windle and his groups'. How has Windle's point of view and ability to problem solve change after becoming undead in comparison to his former wizard friends, and what factors can be credited for this change?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)