|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the wizards believe Windle Poons should be buried after he comes back undead?
2. What kind of pie does the wizard request before dying?
3. What does Death find a backlog on his desk when sent back to his study in a dream?
4. What is the name of Death's horse?
5. What is the name of Miss Flitworth's long lost fiancé?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the wizards bury Windle Poons at a crossroad?
2. What does the narrator explain is the repercussion of the absence of death?
3. What happens when Windle Poons realizes Schleppel followed him home after the Fresh Start Club meeting?
4. How does Bill Door react after Miss Flitworth asks him to help her kill rats and a chicken?
5. How is Windle Poons' first Fresh Start Club meeting described?
6. How is Bill Door first accepted around town after moving there?
7. What happens when Bill Door sees a gray figure with his shattered lifetimer in the barn during a dream?
8. How is the nature of Lupine's character first described in the book?
9. How does the narrator describe how the persona of Death was created?
10. What happens when one of the Auditors of Reality refers to himself as I at the beginning of the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The concept of death is the leading theme in the book's overall message to readers. Part 1.) What can we learn about the nature of how others perceive death based on the narrator's suggestion that is created by our feelings toward it? Part 2.) How does Death's escape into the world as Bill Door suggest flaws in our perceptions of the nature of death? Part 3.) How can it be argued that death is the central theme found in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the portrayal of the concept of hope in the book. How does Windle Poons' experience with undeath increase his perceptions of hope in regards to his feelings about his life?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the wizards' attempts at solving the pyramid crisis with Windle and his groups'. How has Windle's point of view and ability to problem solve change after becoming undead in comparison to his former wizard friends, and what factors can be credited for this change?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)