|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the indistinct gray figures that discuss the incarnation of Death at the beginning of the book?
2. What is the name of the wife of the male vampire at the Fresh Start Club?
3. How does the narrator describe the relationship between the Unseen University and the Patrician?
4. What kind of tree does the narrator discuss as living thousands of years in the book?
5. What is the name of the wizard that uses a magical device to measure the ambient magical energy in Ankh-Morpork?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Miss Flitwotrh's parlor described in the book?
2. What happens when Mrs. Cake contacts One-Man-Bucket for the first time in the book?
3. How does Senior Wrangler try and investigate the inanimate object appearing in Discworld?
4. What happens when one of the Auditors of Reality refers to himself as I at the beginning of the book?
5. How do Windle's friends react after he comes back from the dead?
6. What does the gray robes that the wizards conjure tell them about Death?
7. How is Windle Poons described after the wizards bury him in a coffin while undead?
8. How does the gardener, Modo, react when Windle Poons comes out of his grave?
9. What does the narrator explain is the repercussion of the absence of death?
10. What happens when Windle Poons realizes Schleppel followed him home after the Fresh Start Club meeting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
From the beginning of the book, the author presents an element of fantasy in the scenery and characters in the book. Part 1.) How do the book's characters create a tone of fantasy? Part 2.) What elements would have been impossible without the element of fantasy? Part 3.) How does the author take advantage of fantasy when using symbolic morals to the story?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the nature of the persona of Bill Door that is portrayed in the book. Part 1.) What does Death becoming Bill Door allow him to learn about the nature of the world that he wasn't able to grasp as the persona of Death? Part 2.) How did this persona allow him to grow as a person?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the concept of mourning that is presented in the book. What impact does Death's first experience with mourning have on his outlook on life and what change does this exhibit in him?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)