|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What crashes at the Unseen University that almost injures many wizards?
2. What is the name of the medium whose ceiling caves in from the poltergeist activity in the book?
3. Who owns the piece of furniture in which the mysterious object first begins appearing in the book?
4. What does the friend the medium contacts say is crowded and is causing poltergeist activity?
5. How long do Bill Door and Miss Flitworth sit in silence when he visits her in her parlor?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Bill Door first accepted around town after moving there?
2. How does Bill Door react when Miss Flitworth tells him to save a little girl from a fire?
3. How do the wizards bury Windle Poons at a crossroad?
4. How is Windle Poons' death described in the book?
5. What does Cut-Me-Own-Throat Dibbler tell Sergeant Colon is happening in his cellar?
6. How is Windle Poons described after the wizards bury him in a coffin while undead?
7. How does Senior Wrangler try and investigate the inanimate object appearing in Discworld?
8. What does Bill Door do to Miss Flitworth's clock while visiting with her?
9. How does the narrator describe how the persona of Death was created?
10. How are the wizards almost injured by a chandelier in the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the author's portrayal of man versus machine in the book. What does man possess that allows him to overcome machines despite often being overcome by them?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the portrayal of the concept of hope in the book. How does Windle Poons' experience with undeath increase his perceptions of hope in regards to his feelings about his life?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the portrayal of the concept of dreams in the book. How does the author use Bill Door's dream about his death to foreshadow and carry the story along, and what purpose might he have for doing this?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)