|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the gardener at the Unseen University?
2. What is the name of the bridge where Windle Poons goes after becoming undead?
3. What is the name of Miss Flitworth's long lost fiancé?
4. What does Bill Door see in a dream after leaving Miss Flitworth's parlor for tea?
5. What is the name of the dance described at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bill Door reveal to Miss Flitworth when she tells him her first name?
2. What does the gray robes that the wizards conjure tell them about Death?
3. How is the inside of the pyramid described when Windle Poons and the others first enter it?
4. How is Death's visit to a flower shop described?
5. What does Cut-Me-Own-Throat Dibbler tell Sergeant Colon is happening in his cellar?
6. What does Mrs. Cake tell Windle Poons about the imbalance of life force between the present world and the astral?
7. What is in Miss Flitworth's three chests she keeps on her dresser?
8. How are city eggs first described?
9. What happens when Windle Poons realizes Schleppel followed him home after the Fresh Start Club meeting?
10. How do Miss Flitworth and Bill Door try to save their harvest during a hailstorm?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's portrayal of class in the book. How does the author portray the undead characters in the book as a lesser class than humans, wizards and other characters and what deeper meaning might he wish for you to gain from this presentation?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the symbolism that dance has in the book. What significance do the two dances, the Morris dance and the harvest dance, have in the portrayal of the circle of life in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the portrayal of the concept of reality in the book. How is the natural portrayal of reality skewed in the book and what factors lead to this alteration in reality?
This section contains 1,605 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)