Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose palace sends a squad of guards to come investigate the sudden poltergeist activity at the university?
2. What is the name of the zombie that first greets Windle Poons at his first meeting of the Fresh Start Club?
3. What is the name of the supreme god that oversees the meeting held at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Bill Door claim he has no belief in after admitting he is afraid of dying?
5. What does Miss Flitworth try to kill with poisoned food?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are city eggs first described?
2. What does Mrs. Cake tell Windle Poons about the imbalance of life force between the present world and the astral?
3. How does the narrator compare two experiences of life with mayflies and pine trees?
4. What does the narrator explain is the repercussion of the absence of death?
5. What does Bill Door tell Miss Flitworth about the nature of borrowed time?
6. How does Bill Door use the scythe to cut Miss Fitworth's grass?
7. How is Death's meeting with the Auditors atop a mountain described?
8. How is the nature of Lupine's character first described in the book?
9. How is Miss Flitwotrh's parlor described in the book?
10. How is Windle Poons' first suicide attempt described?
Discuss the portrayal of the concept of dreams in the book. How does the author use Bill Door's dream about his death to foreshadow and carry the story along, and what purpose might he have for doing this?
Discuss the author's portrayal of class in the book. How does the author portray the undead characters in the book as a lesser class than humans, wizards and other characters and what deeper meaning might he wish for you to gain from this presentation?
Examine the symbolism that dance has in the book. What significance do the two dances, the Morris dance and the harvest dance, have in the portrayal of the circle of life in the book?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)