Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose palace sends a squad of guards to come investigate the sudden poltergeist activity at the university?
2. What is the name of the zombie that first greets Windle Poons at his first meeting of the Fresh Start Club?
3. What is the name of the supreme god that oversees the meeting held at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Bill Door claim he has no belief in after admitting he is afraid of dying?
5. What does Miss Flitworth try to kill with poisoned food?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are city eggs first described?
2. What does Mrs. Cake tell Windle Poons about the imbalance of life force between the present world and the astral?
3. How does the narrator compare two experiences of life with mayflies and pine trees?
4. What does the narrator explain is the repercussion of the absence of death?
5. What does Bill Door tell Miss Flitworth about the nature of borrowed time?
6. How does Bill Door use the scythe to cut Miss Fitworth's grass?
7. How is Death's meeting with the Auditors atop a mountain described?
8. How is the nature of Lupine's character first described in the book?
9. How is Miss Flitwotrh's parlor described in the book?
10. How is Windle Poons' first suicide attempt described?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Windle Poons as a wizard to what he becomes when he is undead. How is Windle Poons able to grow more emotionally and find more fulfillment through his undeath and what might the author be saying about the importance of living a full life through his character?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the portrayal of the concept of dreams in the book. How does the author use Bill Door's dream about his death to foreshadow and carry the story along, and what purpose might he have for doing this?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author's portrayal of money in the book. What might the author be saying about the nature of money based on Miss Flitworth's vast and wasted fortune seen at the end of the book?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)