|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of the book "Reaper Man"?
2. In what city is the university discussed in the book located?
3. What is the name of Death's loyal human assistant?
4. What does the narrator explain is building up in the world in the absence of death?
5. What do the townsfolk refer to Bill Door as?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Windle Poons' first Fresh Start Club meeting described?
2. How do Windle's friends react after he comes back from the dead?
3. What happens when Windle Poons goes into the Shades?
4. How does Senior Wrangler try and investigate the inanimate object appearing in Discworld?
5. How does Bill Door use the scythe to cut Miss Fitworth's grass?
6. How do the wizards bury Windle Poons at a crossroad?
7. What does Bill Door do to Miss Flitworth's clock while visiting with her?
8. How does the narrator describe how the persona of Death was created?
9. What happens when Bill Door sees a gray figure with his shattered lifetimer in the barn during a dream?
10. What does the gray robes that the wizards conjure tell them about Death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's portrayal of money in the book. What might the author be saying about the nature of money based on Miss Flitworth's vast and wasted fortune seen at the end of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Death's incredible work ethic is shown throughout the book when he is both the persona of Death and Bill Door. Part 1.) How does Death's work ethic as Death compare to his work on Miss Flitworth's farm as a human? Part 2.) Why does Death feel a good work ethic is important? Part 3.) What is telling about the nature of Death based on his hard work ethic that is portrayed in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the portrayal of the concept of reality in the book. How is the natural portrayal of reality skewed in the book and what factors lead to this alteration in reality?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)