|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Death's horse?
2. What is the name of the zombie that first greets Windle Poons at his first meeting of the Fresh Start Club?
3. What crashes at the Unseen University that almost injures many wizards?
4. What is the name of the bogeyman who prefers to stay hidden?
5. In what city is the university discussed in the book located?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bill Door use the scythe to cut Miss Fitworth's grass?
2. What happens when one of the Auditors of Reality refers to himself as I at the beginning of the book?
3. How does Bill Door react after Miss Flitworth asks him to help her kill rats and a chicken?
4. How is Bill Door first accepted around town after moving there?
5. How is Windle Poons' first suicide attempt described?
6. How is the Morris dance first described?
7. What does the gray robes that the wizards conjure tell them about Death?
8. What does the narrator explain is the repercussion of the absence of death?
9. What does Cut-Me-Own-Throat Dibbler tell Sergeant Colon is happening in his cellar?
10. What happens when Windle Poons goes into the Shades?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the concept of principles that is presented in the book. How does Death's principles define him even in his human form as Bill Door, and what does this suggest about the nature of his character?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the portrayal of the concept of hope in the book. How does Windle Poons' experience with undeath increase his perceptions of hope in regards to his feelings about his life?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the concept of mourning that is presented in the book. What impact does Death's first experience with mourning have on his outlook on life and what change does this exhibit in him?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)