Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose palace sends a squad of guards to come investigate the sudden poltergeist activity at the university?
2. What is the name of the zombie that first greets Windle Poons at his first meeting of the Fresh Start Club?
3. What is the name of the supreme god that oversees the meeting held at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Bill Door claim he has no belief in after admitting he is afraid of dying?
5. What does Miss Flitworth try to kill with poisoned food?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are city eggs first described?
2. What does Mrs. Cake tell Windle Poons about the imbalance of life force between the present world and the astral?
3. How does the narrator compare two experiences of life with mayflies and pine trees?
4. What does the narrator explain is the repercussion of the absence of death?
5. What does Bill Door tell Miss Flitworth about the nature of borrowed time?
6. How does Bill Door use the scythe to cut Miss Fitworth's grass?
7. How is Death's meeting with the Auditors atop a mountain described?
8. How is the nature of Lupine's character first described in the book?
9. How is Miss Flitwotrh's parlor described in the book?
10. How is Windle Poons' first suicide attempt described?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the symbolism that dance has in the book. What significance do the two dances, the Morris dance and the harvest dance, have in the portrayal of the circle of life in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the nature of the persona of Bill Door that is portrayed in the book. Part 1.) What does Death becoming Bill Door allow him to learn about the nature of the world that he wasn't able to grasp as the persona of Death? Part 2.) How did this persona allow him to grow as a person?
Essay Topic 3
Death's incredible work ethic is shown throughout the book when he is both the persona of Death and Bill Door. Part 1.) How does Death's work ethic as Death compare to his work on Miss Flitworth's farm as a human? Part 2.) Why does Death feel a good work ethic is important? Part 3.) What is telling about the nature of Death based on his hard work ethic that is portrayed in the book?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)