|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the wizards find an assortment of when they first arrive at the Patrician's palace?
2. Where do the wizards believe Windle Poons should be buried after he comes back undead?
3. Which of the following things does Windle NOT find mysteriously appearing at his house when he goes to retrieve some money?
4. How much does the woman pay Death each week for working on her farm?
5. What is the name of the spirit friend the medium contacts to find out why the poltergeist activity is occurring?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cut-Me-Own-Throat Dibbler tell Sergeant Colon is happening in his cellar?
2. How is Windle Poons' death described in the book?
3. How do the wizards try to attack Windle Poons after he comes back from the dead?
4. How does Bill Door react after Miss Flitworth asks him to help her kill rats and a chicken?
5. How is Bill Door first accepted around town after moving there?
6. How does Bill Door use the scythe to cut Miss Fitworth's grass?
7. How does Death find a job after taking of the persona of Bill Door?
8. How is the nature of Lupine's character first described in the book?
9. How does Senior Wrangler try and investigate the inanimate object appearing in Discworld?
10. How are the wizards almost injured by a chandelier in the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's portrayal of money in the book. What might the author be saying about the nature of money based on Miss Flitworth's vast and wasted fortune seen at the end of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the author's portrayal of man versus machine in the book. What does man possess that allows him to overcome machines despite often being overcome by them?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the nature of the persona of Bill Door that is portrayed in the book. Part 1.) What does Death becoming Bill Door allow him to learn about the nature of the world that he wasn't able to grasp as the persona of Death? Part 2.) How did this persona allow him to grow as a person?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)