|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Windle find the gardener at the Unseen University using instead of a wheelbarrow?
2. What does an auditor refer to himself as that causes him to blow up in flame?
3. Whose palace sends a squad of guards to come investigate the sudden poltergeist activity at the university?
4. What is the name of the old, dangerous neighborhood that Windle Poons wanders into?
5. How long do Bill Door and Miss Flitworth sit in silence when he visits her in her parlor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Bill Door sees a gray figure with his shattered lifetimer in the barn during a dream?
2. How is Windle Poons' death described in the book?
3. How do the wizards bury Windle Poons at a crossroad?
4. How is Miss Flitwotrh's parlor described in the book?
5. How is the nature of Lupine's character first described in the book?
6. How does Bill Door use the scythe to cut Miss Fitworth's grass?
7. How is the Morris dance first described?
8. How is Windle Poons described after the wizards bury him in a coffin while undead?
9. How are the wizards almost injured by a chandelier in the book?
10. How is Windle Poons' first suicide attempt described?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the portrayal of the concept of reality in the book. How is the natural portrayal of reality skewed in the book and what factors lead to this alteration in reality?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author's portrayal of money in the book. What might the author be saying about the nature of money based on Miss Flitworth's vast and wasted fortune seen at the end of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the author's portrayal of man versus machine in the book. What does man possess that allows him to overcome machines despite often being overcome by them?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)