|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bill Door suggest Miss Flitworth's fiancé probably died?
2. Where do the wizards believe Windle Poons should be buried after he comes back undead?
3. What does Bill Door complain is too noisy in Miss Flitworth's parlor?
4. What is the name of the wolfman?
5. What is the name of the male vampire at the Fresh Start Club?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the wizards bury Windle Poons at a crossroad?
2. How is Windle Poons' first Fresh Start Club meeting described?
3. How does the narrator compare two experiences of life with mayflies and pine trees?
4. How is Bill Door first accepted around town after moving there?
5. What happens when one of the Auditors of Reality refers to himself as I at the beginning of the book?
6. What does the gray robes that the wizards conjure tell them about Death?
7. How does the gardener, Modo, react when Windle Poons comes out of his grave?
8. How do the wizards try to attack Windle Poons after he comes back from the dead?
9. How is Windle Poons described after the wizards bury him in a coffin while undead?
10. How is Windle Poons' first suicide attempt described?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the wizards' attempts at solving the pyramid crisis with Windle and his groups'. How has Windle's point of view and ability to problem solve change after becoming undead in comparison to his former wizard friends, and what factors can be credited for this change?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the symbolism that dance has in the book. What significance do the two dances, the Morris dance and the harvest dance, have in the portrayal of the circle of life in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the nature of the persona of Bill Door that is portrayed in the book. Part 1.) What does Death becoming Bill Door allow him to learn about the nature of the world that he wasn't able to grasp as the persona of Death? Part 2.) How did this persona allow him to grow as a person?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)