Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do mysterious objects first start appearing in the book?
(a) In Windle's home.
(b) In a church.
(c) In a sink.
(d) A cupboard.
2. What is the name of the gardener at the Unseen University?
(c) Bill Door.
3. Whose palace sends a squad of guards to come investigate the sudden poltergeist activity at the university?
(a) Senior Wrangler.
(b) The Archchancellor.
(c) The Dean.
(d) The Patrician.
4. What is the name of the old woman who Death finds work with as a human?
(a) Renata Flitworth.
(b) Evadne Cake.
(c) Doreen Winkings.
(d) Ludmilla Cake.
5. Who is Bill Door able to accurately describe to Miss Flitworth that surprises her?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the medium whose ceiling caves in from the poltergeist activity in the book?
2. What is the name of the wolfman?
3. What is the name of the support group for dead people that is advertised inside Windle Poons' coffin?
4. What is the name of Miss Flitworth's long lost fiancÃ©?
5. What does the narrator explain is building up in the world in the absence of death?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bill Door race the combination harvester?
2. How is Death's visit to a flower shop described?
3. How do Windle's friends react after he comes back from the dead?
4. How is Mrs. Cake's sÃ©ance with One-Man-Bucket described?
5. What favor does Windle Poons ask of Mrs. Cake before wandering off in the book?
6. What does Miss Flitworth do when Death reveals she is dead?
7. How is Windle Poons' death described in the book?
8. How is the combination harvester first described?
9. What is the nature of Bill Door's request for Ned Simnel to destroy his scythe?
10. How does Bill Door feel about the person who replaced him as the persona of Death?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)