|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the wizards find an assortment of when they first arrive at the Patrician's palace?
2. What does the narrator say the persona of Death was created from?
(c) People's understanding of death.
3. What do the mysterious objects that begin appearing in the book resemble?
4. What is the name of the dance described at the beginning of the book?
(a) Francis dance.
(b) Harvest dance.
(c) Parking dance.
(d) Morris dance.
5. Where does Windle Poons retrieve some hidden money?
(a) In a safe.
(b) In a closet.
(c) Under his mattress.
(d) Under some floorboards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the archchancellor in the book?
2. What is the name of the zombie that first greets Windle Poons at his first meeting of the Fresh Start Club?
3. What is the name of Death's horse?
4. What is the name of the gardener at the Unseen University?
5. What does the narrator explain is building up in the world in the absence of death?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can't Bill Door pick up his scythe when he becomes a ghost?
2. How is the nature of Lupine's character first described in the book?
3. How are the wizards almost injured by a chandelier in the book?
4. What instructions does Bill Door make after rescuing the little girl from a fire?
5. What happens after Arthur removes a black disc from the ceiling of the pyramid?
6. What does Bill Door do to Miss Flitworth's clock while visiting with her?
7. How is Windle Poons' death described in the book?
8. What is the nature of Bill Door's request for Ned Simnel to destroy his scythe?
9. How do the wizards bury Windle Poons at a crossroad?
10. What does Miss Flitworth do when Death reveals she is dead?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)