|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following items do Windle Poons' friends not do against him to try and make him die again?
(a) Show colves of garlic in his face.
(b) Pray over him.
(c) Calls him a fiend.
(d) Grab his limbs.
2. Where does Windle Poons retrieve some hidden money?
(a) Under some floorboards.
(b) Under his mattress.
(c) In a closet.
(d) In a safe.
3. What do the indistinct gray figures say the incarnation of Death has developed at the beginning of the book?
(a) A conscience.
(b) A phobia.
(c) A personality.
(d) A disease.
4. What kind of games does Bill Door play after acquainting himself with the townspeople?
(a) Chance and skill.
5. What is the name that Death takes on when he acts as a human?
(a) Windle Poons.
(b) Bill Door.
(c) Senior Wrangler.
(d) Reg Shoe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the wolfman?
2. What does Bill Door have trouble grasping when trying to appear human?
3. How many hours does Bill Door discover someone has stolen from his lifetimer while in a hayloft?
4. What is the name of the old woman who Death finds work with as a human?
5. What do the townsfolk refer to Bill Door as?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the wizards almost injured by a chandelier in the book?
2. What happens when Mrs. Cake contacts One-Man-Bucket for the first time in the book?
3. How is the Morris dance first described?
4. What does Cut-Me-Own-Throat Dibbler tell Sergeant Colon is happening in his cellar?
5. How do Windle's friends react after he comes back from the dead?
6. What happens when one of the Auditors of Reality refers to himself as I at the beginning of the book?
7. How does Bill Door react after Miss Flitworth asks him to help her kill rats and a chicken?
8. How does the narrator compare two experiences of life with mayflies and pine trees?
9. How does Bill Door react when Miss Flitworth tells him to save a little girl from a fire?
10. How does Death find a job after taking of the persona of Bill Door?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)