Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose palace sends a squad of guards to come investigate the sudden poltergeist activity at the university?
(a) Senior Wrangler.
(b) The Dean.
(c) The Patrician.
(d) The Archchancellor.
2. What is the name of the zombie that first greets Windle Poons at his first meeting of the Fresh Start Club?
(c) Windle Poons.
(d) Reg Shoe.
3. What is the name of the supreme god that oversees the meeting held at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Bill Door claim he has no belief in after admitting he is afraid of dying?
(b) The afterlife.
5. What does Miss Flitworth try to kill with poisoned food?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the river Windle Poons jumps into after becoming undead?
2. What do the indistinct gray figures say the incarnation of Death has developed at the beginning of the book?
3. Who walks Windle Poons home after his first meeting of the Fresh Start Club?
4. What color do the figures in empty robes wear that report in Death's absence?
5. What room does Windle Poons break into at the Unseen University?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are city eggs first described?
2. What does Mrs. Cake tell Windle Poons about the imbalance of life force between the present world and the astral?
3. How does the narrator compare two experiences of life with mayflies and pine trees?
4. What does the narrator explain is the repercussion of the absence of death?
5. What does Bill Door tell Miss Flitworth about the nature of borrowed time?
6. How does Bill Door use the scythe to cut Miss Fitworth's grass?
7. How is Death's meeting with the Auditors atop a mountain described?
8. How is the nature of Lupine's character first described in the book?
9. How is Miss Flitwotrh's parlor described in the book?
10. How is Windle Poons' first suicide attempt described?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)