|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the bashful banshee who passes notes?
2. What is the name that Death takes on when he acts as a human?
(a) Windle Poons.
(b) Reg Shoe.
(c) Bill Door.
(d) Senior Wrangler.
3. Whose palace sends a squad of guards to come investigate the sudden poltergeist activity at the university?
(a) The Patrician.
(b) Senior Wrangler.
(c) The Dean.
(d) The Archchancellor.
4. What does the narrator explain is building up in the world in the absence of death?
5. What does the friend the medium contacts say is crowded and is causing poltergeist activity?
(a) Astral plane.
(b) The life force.
(c) The offler.
(d) The afterlife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owns the piece of furniture in which the mysterious object first begins appearing in the book?
2. What kind of tree does the narrator discuss as living thousands of years in the book?
3. What color do the figures in empty robes wear that report in Death's absence?
4. What is the name of the place Death decides to spend his remaining time alive after leaving his post?
5. What title does the Patrician have in Ankh-Morpork?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator explain is the repercussion of the absence of death?
2. What happens when Windle Poons realizes Schleppel followed him home after the Fresh Start Club meeting?
3. How does the narrator describe how the persona of Death was created?
4. How is Windle Poons described after the wizards bury him in a coffin while undead?
5. How does Bill Door react when Miss Flitworth tells him to save a little girl from a fire?
6. How does Death find a job after taking of the persona of Bill Door?
7. How does Bill Door use the scythe to cut Miss Fitworth's grass?
8. How is the Morris dance first described?
9. What does Bill Door do to Miss Flitworth's clock while visiting with her?
10. How do the wizards try to attack Windle Poons after he comes back from the dead?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)