|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the world's largest diamond in the book?
(a) The sphinx.
(b) Tear of Offer.
2. Who does Bill Door say is the only person with a hot enough furnace for him to use to fulfill his goals?
(a) Windle Poons.
(b) The Patrician.
(d) Ned Simnel.
3. Who does Windle Poons ask Mrs. Cake to look after for him when he is ready to die?
(b) The Dean.
4. Who appears to Death after he sends a friend away at the end of the book?
(a) Reg Shoe.
(c) Miss Flitworth.
5. What does Miss Flitworth realize Bill Door's arm really is when she touches it?
6. Who predicts Windle Poons' death in a letter given to him near the end of the book?
(a) Miss Flitworth.
7. What color marble does Ludmilla find under the pyramid?
8. Who does Windle Poons ask Mrs. Cake to allow to come with him on an investigation?
(a) The Dean.
(b) Reg Shoe.
9. What does Bill Door tell Miss Flitworth the gray-robed figures that appear around them are?
(d) Grim reapers.
10. What does the Archchancellor claim he believes the compost heap to be made of?
11. Where does Death visit that he has trouble keeping anything alive that he buys?
(a) A candy shop.
(b) A flower shop.
(c) A lingerie shop.
(d) A cake shop.
12. Who falls into a basket when trolleys begin escaping through the city?
(a) The Archchancellor.
(b) The Bursar.
(c) The Dean.
(d) The Patrician.
13. What does Bill Door reap for Miss Flitworth with his scythe?
14. What does Bill Door believe the new incarnation of Death lacks?
15. What is everyone in town amazed at when they see the combination harvester work for the first time?
(a) How quickly it reaps corn.
(b) How loud it is.
(c) How quiet it is.
(d) That it is shiny.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is injured in the library when trolleys escape?
2. What is the small piece of Death that escapes and survives?
3. Where does Death visit to find a gemstone to give to Miss Flitworth?
4. What is Bill Door and Miss Flitworth's discussion of ethics interrupted by?
5. Which of the following things does Bill Door NOT use to sharpen his weapon on?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)