|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bill Door mistake as the new incarnation of Death, in the cornfield?
(a) A broom.
(b) A scarecrow.
(c) The combination harvester covered in a tarp.
(d) Miss Flitworth.
2. Who remembers when this all will be again at the end of the book?
(a) Bill Door.
(c) Windle Poons.
3. Who glories in using his magic to destroy trolleys, but is unsuccessful?
(a) The Archchancellor.
(b) The Patrician.
(c) The Bursar.
(d) The Dean.
4. Who does Death send away at the end of the book?
(a) Miss Flitworth.
(d) Reg Shoe.
5. What is the name of the town blacksmith?
(a) Ned Simnel.
(c) Reg Shoe.
6. Where does Death take Miss Flitworth near the end of the book?
(a) The silver dance.
(b) The Morris dance.
(c) The gold dance.
(d) The harvest dance.
7. What does the man summoned during the séance claim the snowglobes to actually be?
(c) City eggs.
8. Which of the following things does not happen after pink tubing begins erupting from the ceiling?
(a) Steam erupts.
(b) The floor trembles.
(c) Singing begins.
(d) The music stops.
9. What does Bill Door tell Miss Flitworth the gray-robed figures that appear around them are?
(b) Grim reapers.
10. Who wonders how something in the pyramid is alive if it is so rectangular?
(b) Windle Poons.
11. What is the name of the world's largest diamond in the book?
(b) Tear of Offer.
(c) The sphinx.
12. What do the wizards of the Unseen University behave like when Windle and the others find them in the pyramid?
(b) In a trance.
13. What is the name of the invention the town blacksmith creates and shows to Bill Door and Miss Flitworth?
(a) The combination harvester.
(b) The bulldozer.
(c) The cotton gin.
(d) The reaper.
14. Which of the following demands does Bill Door NOT make regarding a little girl, after he saves her from a fire?
(a) Everyone must stay with her.
(b) There must be no magic.
(c) No one can remove anything from the girl.
(d) Someone must fetch an apothocary.
15. What color marble does Ludmilla find under the pyramid?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Flitworth realize Bill Door's arm really is when she touches it?
2. Who appears and gives Windle Poons a note of a death prediction?
3. Which of the following characters do not investigate the things showering from the top of the pyramid?
4. Who does Bill Door say is the only person with a hot enough furnace for him to use to fulfill his goals?
5. Who is injured in the library when trolleys escape?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)