|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who falls into a basket when trolleys begin escaping through the city?
(a) The Bursar.
(b) The Dean.
(c) The Archchancellor.
(d) The Patrician.
2. Who predicts Windle Poons' death in a letter given to him near the end of the book?
(a) Miss Flitworth.
3. Who appears to Death after he sends a friend away at the end of the book?
(c) Miss Flitworth.
(d) Reg Shoe.
4. What do the predators attacking the city begin to absorb from it?
(a) Its color.
(b) Its sanity.
(c) Its essence.
(d) Its happiness.
5. What is Bill Door disgusted by regarding the new incarnation of Death when he first sees him?
(a) His mask.
(b) His new outfit.
(c) His scythe.
(d) His blatant posing.
6. Which of the following things does not happen after pink tubing begins erupting from the ceiling?
(a) The music stops.
(b) The floor trembles.
(c) Steam erupts.
(d) Singing begins.
7. What is the name of the world's largest diamond in the book?
(a) Tear of Offer.
(c) The sphinx.
8. Who wonders how something in the pyramid is alive if it is so rectangular?
(b) Windle Poons.
9. Who is sitting on a beam and talks to Bill Door after his lifetimer empties?
10. What does Miss Flitworth realize has changed about her looks after Death reveals she has died?
(a) She is blind.
(b) She is sick.
(c) She is younger.
(d) She is wrinkled.
11. What does Bill Door tell Miss Flitworth that borrowed time is when he tells her he is also living on it?
(a) Fairly common.
12. How long is Mrs. Cake's precognition that she turns off in the book?
(a) 10 seconds.
(b) 2 minutes.
(c) 20 seconds.
(d) 1 minute.
13. Where does Death visit to find a gemstone to give to Miss Flitworth?
14. What color are the baskets the group finds inside the pyramid?
15. What does the man summoned during the séance claim the snowglobes to actually be?
(b) City eggs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who retrieves a black disc from the ceiling?
2. What does Bill Door say to Miss Flitworth just as Death appears on a horse?
3. What does Bill Door explain that the little girl he saved from a fire is living on?
4. What does the new incarnation of Death wear that angers Bill Door?
5. Where does Death take Miss Flitworth near the end of the book?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)