|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who appears on the opposite side of the mall queen and reveals his true form as a giant, shaggy monster?
(b) The Bursar.
(c) Reg Shoe.
2. Where does Death convene with the Auditors after taking back his role?
(a) In the ocean.
(b) Under the sea.
(c) In a building.
(d) Atop a mountain.
3. What animal works as the university librarian?
(a) A zebra.
(b) A horse.
(c) An orangutan.
(d) A cat.
4. What does Bill Door tell Miss Flitworth he regrets when he realizes he is about to die?
(a) Not eating more.
(b) Not falling in love.
(c) Never having a child.
(d) Not preparing more.
5. What does Miss Flitworth think about the fact that the public's ability to know when and where they are going to die isn't common knowledge?
6. What does Death change his realm's landscape to at the end of the book?
(a) Corn fields.
(b) The ocean.
(c) A river.
7. What do the leaflets littering much of the city say after the hive is destroyed?
(a) Oh well.
(b) Everything must go.
(c) Now or never.
8. How long is Mrs. Cake's precognition that she turns off in the book?
(a) 10 seconds.
(b) 20 seconds.
(c) 1 minute.
(d) 2 minutes.
9. Where does Death visit that he has trouble keeping anything alive that he buys?
(a) A lingerie shop.
(b) A flower shop.
(c) A candy shop.
(d) A cake shop.
10. What does the man summoned during the séance claim the snowglobes to actually be?
(b) City eggs.
11. What does Bill Door become when his lifetimer is empty?
(a) A ghost.
(b) A demon.
(c) A vampire.
(d) A zombie.
12. Who predicts Windle Poons' death in a letter given to him near the end of the book?
(d) Miss Flitworth.
13. What is the name of the town blacksmith?
(b) Reg Shoe.
(d) Ned Simnel.
14. What does Bill Door reap for Miss Flitworth with his scythe?
15. What kind of alcohol casks cause the barn that Bill Door was staying in to blow up?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is everyone in town amazed at when they see the combination harvester work for the first time?
2. How does Bill Door tell Miss Flitworth he saw her name engraved?
3. What is Bill Door and Miss Flitworth's discussion of ethics interrupted by?
4. What does Miss Flitworth realize has changed about her looks after Death reveals she has died?
5. How many chests does Miss Flitworth have sitting on her dresser?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)