|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Annie reveals to Henry that she wants him to help with writing _______ play.
2. Terry was apparently on the staff at the school and he taught ________.
3. Annie rushes out, late for her engagement and Henry asks her to ________ because it is important.
4. As Brodie turns down the volume of the television set one can hear footsteps and the clang of a _______.
5. Annie finally admits that she had been having breakfast with one of the company at __________.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the first scene, Max points out that Charlotte did not bring her passport with her, which leads her to realize that he has been going through her things.
Part 1: Why do you think Max felt the need to spy on Charlotte when she was away?
Part 2: Did Max have the right to spy on Charlotte when she was away? Why or why not?
Part 3: What do you think the expectations of privacy within a relationship should be? Why?
Essay Topic 2
The women within this play seem to be manipulative with the men in their lives.
Part 1: In what ways do you think the women are manipulative in this play? Or aren't they?
Part 2: How does the playwright define the roles of men and women within this play?
Part 3: Do you think the women are trying to hurt the men in their lives within this play? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Relationships are never easy, but it seems that many of the characters within this play are making their relationships harder than they need to be.
Part 1: What do you think makes up a good, strong relationship?
Part 2: Why do you think the characters in this play are seemingly trying to make their relationships more difficult?
Part 3: Is there ever such a thing as a strong and easy relationship? Why or why not?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)