|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry finds out that _______ is getting married. Annie says congratulations and wants to know who the girl is.
2. Henry says that he can't possibly help write the play because it is _________.
3. As the scene closes Annie and Billy begin _______ in earnest.
4. Annie finally admits that she had been having breakfast with one of the company at __________.
5. Terry was apparently on the staff at the school and he taught ________.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The character of Max is one that seems to take on the woes of his relationships, even though the women seem to be the ones who are doing the damage.
Part 1: Why do you think Max is so sensitive within his relationships?
Part 2: Do you think Max would make a good partner within the context of a relationship? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think Max will be happy when he gets married at the end? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Henry is very attached to his art, writing, calling it sacred and deserving of respect. One's passion can often stir up these sorts of emotions in a person.
Part 1: Why do you think Henry believes his art demands so much respect?
Part 2: Do you agree that writing deserves to be respected or that it is sacred? Why or why not?
Part 3: In your life, what is most sacred to you? Why?
Essay Topic 3
The continued affairs in this play seem to show that love is not something that can be monogamous or that can be relied upon between a man and a woman.
Part 1: How do you define the idea of an affair?
Part 2: Why do you think that affairs are so common within the context of this play?
Part 3: Do you think it's realistic for someone to stay with just one person throughout his/her life?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)