Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry tells Annie that he won't be able to ______ until she tells him if she slept with someone else or not.
2. As the scene opens Debbie is _________ and Henry is questioning her about it.
3. Henry asks Annie if _______ is the one that she had breakfast with.
4. As Scene 12 opens, there is a recorded dialogue between Annie and Billy who speaks with a ________ accent.
5. Annie discovers that Billy has read the play that Brodie wrote. She asks him what he thinks and he replies ________.
Essay Topic 1
The concept of a love triangle is introduced almost immediately within this play. The tension between lovers is a great dramatic effect for the audience, after all.
Part 1: Why do you think love triangles are so often used within plays and other stories?
Part 2: Do you think this play would have been as interesting without the love triangles? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you believe the idea of a love triangle is a realistic and prevalent part of love? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Brodie's writing is noted as being less effective than Henry's writing, but art is something that is quite subjective in terms of its worth to a reader or to an audience.
Part 1: How do the characters in the play define good or bad writing?
Part 2: Why do you think Brodie's writing is seen as less effective than Henry's writing?
Part 3: How can art ever be reasonably judged by others? Or can't it?
Essay Topic 3
Many writers choose to write about what they know as they are much more able to capture their feelings within the context of a play than they might be able to capture their feelings in real life.
Part 1: Why do you think writing is a way in which people deal with their feelings?
Part 2: If the play is based on the life of the playwright, what do you learn about Stoppard from the play and its characters?
Part 3: Do you think it's possible that Stoppard may not have written about his life? Why or why not?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)