Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry tells Annie that he won't be able to ______ until she tells him if she slept with someone else or not.
2. As the scene opens Debbie is _________ and Henry is questioning her about it.
3. Henry asks Annie if _______ is the one that she had breakfast with.
4. As Scene 12 opens, there is a recorded dialogue between Annie and Billy who speaks with a ________ accent.
5. Annie discovers that Billy has read the play that Brodie wrote. She asks him what he thinks and he replies ________.
Family troubles seem to be center stage for Charlotte and Henry when talking about Debbie. These separated parents still seem to love their child and their relationship to their child.
Part 1: How do you think each character sees family within this play? Why?
Part 2: How do you think the playwright feels about family after reading this play?
Part 3: Why do you think Charlotte and Henry are still focused on their family?
While the play is often quite funny to the audience, the social commentary is also quite apparent to the audience.
Part 1: Why do you think this play is so often categorized as a comedy?
Part 2: In what ways might the play's content also be saying something about the life during that particular time period?
Part 3: Do you think a play has to have a social commentary to make? Why or why not?
Henry is very attached to his art, writing, calling it sacred and deserving of respect. One's passion can often stir up these sorts of emotions in a person.
Part 1: Why do you think Henry believes his art demands so much respect?
Part 2: Do you agree that writing deserves to be respected or that it is sacred? Why or why not?
Part 3: In your life, what is most sacred to you? Why?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)