|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Brodie states that he is getting sprung by the ___________.
2. The doorbell rings announcing the arrival of Debbie's boyfriend. Charlotte walks out wearing ________.
3. Billy approaches Annie and asks in a _____________ accent if he can sit down.
4. Brodie, referring to _________ , said, The pretty one was supposed to be me?"
5. Annie finally admits that she had been having breakfast with one of the company at __________.
Essay Topic 1
The character of Max is one that seems to take on the woes of his relationships, even though the women seem to be the ones who are doing the damage.
Part 1: Why do you think Max is so sensitive within his relationships?
Part 2: Do you think Max would make a good partner within the context of a relationship? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think Max will be happy when he gets married at the end? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
While the play is often quite funny to the audience, the social commentary is also quite apparent to the audience.
Part 1: Why do you think this play is so often categorized as a comedy?
Part 2: In what ways might the play's content also be saying something about the life during that particular time period?
Part 3: Do you think a play has to have a social commentary to make? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Many writers choose to write about what they know as they are much more able to capture their feelings within the context of a play than they might be able to capture their feelings in real life.
Part 1: Why do you think writing is a way in which people deal with their feelings?
Part 2: If the play is based on the life of the playwright, what do you learn about Stoppard from the play and its characters?
Part 3: Do you think it's possible that Stoppard may not have written about his life? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,810 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)