|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry tells Annie that he won't be able to ______ until she tells him if she slept with someone else or not.
2. As the scene opens Debbie is _________ and Henry is questioning her about it.
3. Henry asks Annie if _______ is the one that she had breakfast with.
4. As Scene 12 opens, there is a recorded dialogue between Annie and Billy who speaks with a ________ accent.
5. Annie discovers that Billy has read the play that Brodie wrote. She asks him what he thinks and he replies ________.
Essay Topic 1
The character of Brodie is an interesting one since no one in the audience sees him until the very end of the play.
Part 1: Why do you think the character of Brodie is necessary for the play?
Part 2: Do you think leaving out the character of Brodie would have been possible? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think the character of Brodie isn't introduced to the play until the very end?
Essay Topic 2
The character of Max is one that seems to take on the woes of his relationships, even though the women seem to be the ones who are doing the damage.
Part 1: Why do you think Max is so sensitive within his relationships?
Part 2: Do you think Max would make a good partner within the context of a relationship? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think Max will be happy when he gets married at the end? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Family troubles seem to be center stage for Charlotte and Henry when talking about Debbie. These separated parents still seem to love their child and their relationship to their child.
Part 1: How do you think each character sees family within this play? Why?
Part 2: How do you think the playwright feels about family after reading this play?
Part 3: Why do you think Charlotte and Henry are still focused on their family?
This section contains 1,832 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)