Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry tells Annie that he won't be able to ______ until she tells him if she slept with someone else or not.
2. As the scene opens Debbie is _________ and Henry is questioning her about it.
3. Henry asks Annie if _______ is the one that she had breakfast with.
4. As Scene 12 opens, there is a recorded dialogue between Annie and Billy who speaks with a ________ accent.
5. Annie discovers that Billy has read the play that Brodie wrote. She asks him what he thinks and he replies ________.
Essay Topic 1
The structure used by Stoppard to show a play within a play is one that confuses the reader at times, though it might be easier for an audience member to appreciate.
Part 1: What did you think about the structure of a play within a play? Did you think it helped the play or hurt it?
Part 2: Why do you think Stoppard decided to use the play within a play structure?
Part 3: If the play had simply been straightforward without any play within a play structures, how might the story have been different?
Essay Topic 2
While the play is often quite funny to the audience, the social commentary is also quite apparent to the audience.
Part 1: Why do you think this play is so often categorized as a comedy?
Part 2: In what ways might the play's content also be saying something about the life during that particular time period?
Part 3: Do you think a play has to have a social commentary to make? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
At times in this play, the idea of finding love seems clichÃ©d, with people meeting on trains or when they work on plays together.
Part 1: How do you think the playwright feels about love after having read this play?
Part 2: Do you think love is portrayed as cliched in this play? Why or why not?
Part 3: Can love ever be a cliche? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,832 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)