Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry tells Annie that he won't be able to ______ until she tells him if she slept with someone else or not.
2. As the scene opens Debbie is _________ and Henry is questioning her about it.
3. Henry asks Annie if _______ is the one that she had breakfast with.
4. As Scene 12 opens, there is a recorded dialogue between Annie and Billy who speaks with a ________ accent.
5. Annie discovers that Billy has read the play that Brodie wrote. She asks him what he thinks and he replies ________.
At times in this play, the idea of finding love seems clichÃ©d, with people meeting on trains or when they work on plays together.
Part 1: How do you think the playwright feels about love after having read this play?
Part 2: Do you think love is portrayed as cliched in this play? Why or why not?
Part 3: Can love ever be a cliche? Why or why not?
While the play is often quite funny to the audience, the social commentary is also quite apparent to the audience.
Part 1: Why do you think this play is so often categorized as a comedy?
Part 2: In what ways might the play's content also be saying something about the life during that particular time period?
Part 3: Do you think a play has to have a social commentary to make? Why or why not?
The creative energy of Henry allows him to create beautiful dialogue or his characters, but he sometimes has troubles when speaking for himself.
Part 1: Why do you think it's easier for Henry to be creative in his plays than in real life?
Part 2: Do you think Henry's work is his way of dealing with his everyday problems? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you believe it's possible for Henry to be able to bring his creative dialogue into real life as well? Why or why not?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)