|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Annie and Henry both have glasses of ________ as they enter from the kitchen.
2. Annie tells Henry, "You have to find part of yourself where I am not ________."
3. Music as well consists in the ear as in the _______.
4. Charlotte responds to the grammar correction by saying that she thought Henry sent Debbie there so she would be a ____ longer.
5. Annie reveals to Henry that she wants him to help with writing _______ play.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The title of the play, THE REAL THING, seems to be almost a joke to the characters and to the author of the play.
Part 1: How do you define the idea of the 'real thing' in relation to this play and to its events?
Part 2: Are there any characters in this play who seem to have the 'real thing'? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think the title was chosen for this play? Do you agree that it's the best choice? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The continued affairs in this play seem to show that love is not something that can be monogamous or that can be relied upon between a man and a woman.
Part 1: How do you define the idea of an affair?
Part 2: Why do you think that affairs are so common within the context of this play?
Part 3: Do you think it's realistic for someone to stay with just one person throughout his/her life?
Essay Topic 3
The concept of a love triangle is introduced almost immediately within this play. The tension between lovers is a great dramatic effect for the audience, after all.
Part 1: Why do you think love triangles are so often used within plays and other stories?
Part 2: Do you think this play would have been as interesting without the love triangles? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you believe the idea of a love triangle is a realistic and prevalent part of love? Why or why not?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)