|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Henry is trying to come up with ________ records that he associates with turning points in his life.
2. At the beginning of Scene 3 Max asks Annie how _________ is doing.
3. Charlotte offers a toast to the collapse of ________.
(a) The theater.
(b) The government.
(c) The Real Thing.
(d) House of Cards.
4. Henry is writing this play for ________.
5. Henry remembers doing a piece in which he said that ________ was superficial.
(a) The Crystals.
(b) Alain de Botton.
(c) Friedrich Nietzsche.
(d) John-Paul Sartre.
Short Answer Questions
1. Charlotte comes out of the bedroom where she has been getting dressed. They all sit down to have ______.
2. Charlotte puts on a record which is the correct one Henry has been looking for. The name of the song is _________.
3. Charlotte asks Henry if he has a favorite book and he replies __________.
4. The character that Annie is reading in the play is called ________.
5. In Scene 2 Max tells Charlotte and Henry that he felt they should take out the part about ________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the position of Annie at the start of this scene. Where is she and what is she doing?
2. Why does Annie insist that Henry do better when he is reading the script aloud?
3. What shows that Annie and Billy have some emotional and sexual distance between them?
4. What is the tangent that Charlotte goes off on when talking with Debbie and Henry?
5. What does Annie respond when Henry asks her if the train was late?
6. What is happening at the end of the film, though, at the beginning of this scene?
7. What does Henry say when Annie tells him that he should have put her things back in their proper places?
8. What does Max confront Annie with during this scene, saying that it's Henry's and should be given back?
9. What does Annie say when Max accuses her of the action that he accuses her of in #17?
10. What is Henry supposed to do during his time on the radio program, which is what he is preparing for at the start of the scene?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)