|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It turns out that the reason Charlotte didn't take her passport is that________.
(a) The passport was expired.
(b) She had a lover and was lying.
(c) She had a temporary passport.
(d) She was buying something special and didn't want Max to know.
2. The play tells the story of a ________ and his experiences.
3. Max asks Charlotte about the _______ in Geneva.
4. Henry states that he didn't go to bed on time because ________.
(a) He had too much coffee.
(b) He was anxious.
(c) He forgot his sleeping pills.
(d) He couldn't leave the script.
5. Henry is trying to come up with ________ records that he associates with turning points in his life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry tries to remember an album that ______ had put on while he was writing John-Paul is up the wall.
2. Annie said that she won't go with Henry because he spoils it for his daughter by being _______.
3. THE REAL THING refers to the ________ that the story is attempting to access.
4. Henry remembers doing a piece in which he said that ________ was superficial.
5. The character that Annie is reading in the play is called ________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the tangent that Charlotte goes off on when talking with Debbie and Henry?
2. What is happening at the end of the film, though, at the beginning of this scene?
3. Why does Henry fetch a cricket bat in order to explain the process of writing to Annie?
4. What does the shift in lighting during the scene between Billy and Annie indicate to the audience?
5. In relation to the play, what do Henry and Annie banter about during this scene?
6. What does Annie tell Henry he should have done with her things in her room?
7. What do Annie and Billy think about the writing talent of Brodie, according to their conversation?
8. Why does Charlotte not think the play she is starring in is all that interesting to the audiences so far?
9. What does Max accuse Annie of during the dispute with the handkerchief during this particular scene?
10. What does Annie do when a young man approaches her and talks to her?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)