Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Max asks Charlotte about the _______ in Geneva.
2. Henry calls her a bloody nuisance, and she then promises to _______.
(a) Keep her robe closed.
(b) Be quiet.
(c) Learn her script.
(d) Turn down the music.
3. Charlotte offers a toast to the collapse of ________.
(a) House of Cards.
(b) The Real Thing.
(c) The theater.
(d) The government.
4. While Max and Charlotte are in the kitchen, Annie tries to get Henry to _________.
(a) Play records.
(b) Sing 'you've lost that lovin' feeling'
(c) Kiss her.
(d) Drink more champagne.
5. Henry is writing this play for ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Annie begins to read a scene from the play she will be doing in Glasgow which is written by ________.
2. Max becomes serious and turns down the _______before telling Annie something.
3. Annie and Henry argue about the validity of Brodie's actions. To Annie, setting fire to a wreath on a war memorial is a ________.
4. Henry is trying to find the tune that the orchestra was playing and he thought it was _________.
5. THE REAL THING refers to the ________ that the story is attempting to access.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Annie do when she sees Henry during the beginning part of this scene?
2. When does Charlotte join in on the banter between Henry and Debbie during the course of this scene?
3. What is revealed about Billy and Annie as they continue to talk during this particular scene?
4. What is the result of the bantering between Annie and Henry during this particular scene? What does Annie promise to do?
5. What does the current stage direction say that the room in the scene looks like in comparison to the room in Act 1, Scene 2?
6. From where has Charlotte apparently returned when she enters the scene and is talking to Max?
7. What do Annie and Henry banter about during this particular scene?
8. What does Debbie reveal during a long speech that she has learned about sex?
9. What is the announcement that Max has to make on the phone during the final moments of the play?
10. What does Annie happily comment on as she hurries out the door during the next scene?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)