|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Scene 5 Henry is playing music by ________.
2. As Charlotte begins to leave, Max asks her ________.
(a) Who her lover is.
(b) If she is going on another pretend trip.
(c) Where she actually was.
(d) Why she forgot her passport.
3. Max jokes that Annie is on the Justice for _________ Committee.
4. Annie promises Henry that she is not there. However she then ________.
(a) Talks to him.
(b) Makes loud noises.
(c) Opens her robe in front of him.
(d) Stomps her feet.
5. Henry calls her a bloody nuisance, and she then promises to _______.
(a) Learn her script.
(b) Turn down the music.
(c) Be quiet.
(d) Keep her robe closed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry believes that his writing suffers to some degree because he is too ________.
2. After reading a few lines of the play Henry is frustrated that he can't write ______.
3. Charlotte approaches Max and kisses him _______.
4. Charlotte complains about her character because_______.
5. Annie accuses Henry of being seduced by ________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Annie correct Billy when he is stating a line during the start of this scene?
2. What are Henry and Debbie discussing as this particular scene begins?
3. What do Annie and Billy think about the writing talent of Brodie, according to their conversation?
4. What is the result of the bantering between Annie and Henry during this particular scene? What does Annie promise to do?
5. What is Henry doing at the start of the second scene of the first act of the play?
6. What does Billy reveal about his feelings towards Annie as they are together in this scene?
7. What is the family crisis that Henry reminds Charlotte they are discussing during this scene?
8. What are the common thoughts about the play that Charlotte and Max are both in?
9. What does Max tell Charlotte when she asks him if something is wrong during the first scene?
10. What does Annie do when Max tries to give her the handkerchief?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)