|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Max asks Charlotte how many lovers she has and if it is anyone he knows. Charlotte replies_______.
(b) You aren't anyone I know.
2. It turns out that the reason Charlotte didn't take her passport is that________.
(a) She had a temporary passport.
(b) She had a lover and was lying.
(c) The passport was expired.
(d) She was buying something special and didn't want Max to know.
3. Annie is planning to visit Brodie, ________ she met on the train, later that day.
(a) A political prisoner.
(b) An actor.
(c) A friend.
(d) A former lover.
4. Max asks the whereabouts of Debbie and Henry replies_______.
(a) Dancing lessons.
(d) Riding school.
5. Max's project collapses when _______ slams the door and enters the room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry makes a comment about Annie committing incest in ________.
2. Charlotte states that she feels violated at which point Max ________.
3. Scene 4 opens with Henry writing. Annie enters wearing _________.
4. After the doorbell rings again Max states that _______ was going to come by if the committee finished early.
5. Henry reminds Charlotte of a time they were in _______ that had an open air dance hall.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is playing in the background as Annie and Max are talking with each other during this scene of the play?
2. When does Charlotte join in on the banter between Henry and Debbie during the course of this scene?
3. What is the result of the bantering between Annie and Henry during this particular scene? What does Annie promise to do?
4. What does Annie do when Max tries to give her the handkerchief?
5. What does Max realize after he apologizes to Charlotte who says she feels violated?
6. What are the indications that time has passed as this particular scene opens up to the audience?
7. Describe the positions of Max and Annie when this particular scene begins, according to the stage directions.
8. What does Debbie reveal during a long speech that she has learned about sex?
9. What does Charlotte say would actually happen if Henry were to catch her having an affair, rather than what happens in the actual play?
10. What does Henry say when Annie tells him that he should have put her things back in their proper places?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)