|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The doorbell rings and Henry takes the record off the machine. The person at the door is _______.
2. When the play opens, Max is building a _________ as a door opens offstage.
(b) House of cards.
(d) Boat in a bottle.
3. Max goes to help Charlotte in the kitchen and she allows him to _________.
(a) Select spices.
(b) Make drinks.
(c) Chop vegetables.
(d) Make the dip.
4. Annie states that people have gotten bored with ________. The play is an attempt to keep the campaign fresh.
5. Charlotte compares the privacy violation by Max to ________.
(a) Being burgled.
(b) Having someone go through your garbage.
(c) Being followed by a detective.
(d) Being seen by a Peeping Tom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Charlotte tells Henry that she has phoned _______ because of her conscience.
2. The character that Annie is reading in the play is called ________.
3. Annie said that she won't go with Henry because he spoils it for his daughter by being _______.
4. Henry is trying to find the tune that the orchestra was playing and he thought it was _________.
5. _________ was going to be stewarding at the protest meeting in the afternoon.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Max tell Charlotte when she asks him if something is wrong during the first scene?
2. When does Charlotte join in on the banter between Henry and Debbie during the course of this scene?
3. What is Henry doing during the beginning of the scene as Annie walks in?
4. What does the conversation between Annie and Henry reveal about the film's shooting schedule?
5. What kind of scene are Billy and Annie rehearsing at the start of the eighth scene of the second act?
6. What does Charlotte say would actually happen if Henry were to catch her having an affair, rather than what happens in the actual play?
7. What is Max building as a door opens offstage at the start of this play's first scene in Act 1?
8. What does Brodie have to say about the film's script as Annie walks into the scene with appetizers and dip?
9. Why does Annie insist that Henry do better when he is reading the script aloud?
10. What does the current stage direction say that the room in the scene looks like in comparison to the room in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)