|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Max asks the whereabouts of Debbie and Henry replies_______.
(a) Dancing lessons.
(d) Riding school.
2. ________ used to eat like a horse until she had one.
3. Henry makes a comment about Annie committing incest in ________.
4. Henry believes that his writing suffers to some degree because he is too ________.
5. Charlotte comes out of the bedroom where she has been getting dressed. They all sit down to have ______.
(d) Champagne and orange juice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry compares the tools of writing to a ________.
2. Annie is planning to visit Brodie, ________ she met on the train, later that day.
3. Charlotte believes that if Henry really caught her cheating he would _______.
4. Annie is frustrated with Henry because he can't tell the difference between ________.
5. Henry remembers doing a piece in which he said that ________ was superficial.
Short Essay Questions
1. From where has Charlotte apparently returned when she enters the scene and is talking to Max?
2. What does Max shout to the person who has opened the door at the start of the play?
3. Why does Annie insist that Henry do better when he is reading the script aloud?
4. How did Henry contribute to the movie that Brodie has written and that is being produced?
5. What does Charlotte say would actually happen if Henry were to catch her having an affair, rather than what happens in the actual play?
6. What does Annie do when Max tries to give her the handkerchief?
7. Describe the positions of Max and Annie when this particular scene begins, according to the stage directions.
8. What does Annie tell Billy as he continues to flirt with her on the train to Scotland?
9. What is Max building as a door opens offstage at the start of this play's first scene in Act 1?
10. What does Brodie assume Annie means when she says that the movie worked?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)