|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Annie and Henry argue about the validity of Brodie's actions. To Annie, setting fire to a wreath on a war memorial is a ________.
(a) Unforgivable act.
(b) Desperate act.
(c) Symbolic act.
(d) Criminal act.
2. Mary is one of the sisters. Annie states that of the others _________ are pregnant.
3. Charlotte offers a toast to the collapse of ________.
(a) The government.
(b) House of Cards.
(c) The theater.
(d) The Real Thing.
4. As Charlotte begins to leave, Max asks her ________.
(a) Where she actually was.
(b) If she is going on another pretend trip.
(c) Who her lover is.
(d) Why she forgot her passport.
5. Henry is writing this play for ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Charlotte asks Henry if he has a favorite book and he replies __________.
2. Max tells Annie that he found _______ in the car between the front seats.
3. Max jokes that Annie is on the Justice for _________ Committee.
4. Max asks the whereabouts of Debbie and Henry replies_______.
5. Henry says that lots of _________are only good for fetching drinks.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brodie assume Annie means when she says that the movie worked?
2. Why does Henry fetch a cricket bat in order to explain the process of writing to Annie?
3. What does Annie think happened to her room, as she finds it in a less than tidy state?
4. In relation to the play, what do Henry and Annie banter about during this scene?
5. What does Debbie reveal during a long speech that she has learned about sex?
6. What do Annie and Billy think about the writing talent of Brodie, according to their conversation?
7. What does Annie respond when Henry asks her if the train was late?
8. What does Charlotte say would actually happen if Henry were to catch her having an affair, rather than what happens in the actual play?
9. What is revealed about Billy and Annie as they continue to talk during this particular scene?
10. What kind of scene are Billy and Annie rehearsing at the start of the eighth scene of the second act?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)