|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Scene 3 Max asks Annie how _________ is doing.
2. Annie and Henry argue about the validity of Brodie's actions. To Annie, setting fire to a wreath on a war memorial is a ________.
(a) Symbolic act.
(b) Criminal act.
(c) Unforgivable act.
(d) Desperate act.
3. After reading a few lines of the play Henry is frustrated that he can't write ______.
4. As Charlotte begins to leave, Max asks her ________.
(a) Where she actually was.
(b) Who her lover is.
(c) If she is going on another pretend trip.
(d) Why she forgot her passport.
5. Charlotte offers a toast to the collapse of ________.
(a) The government.
(b) The theater.
(c) The Real Thing.
(d) House of Cards.
Short Answer Questions
1. In response to Charlotte's protests about the number of people coming over, Henry suggests they give them________.
2. Charlotte tells Max that she has been to _________ in Switzerland.
3. Henry asks Charlotte if she would like some ________.
4. Henry remembers doing a piece in which he said that ________ was superficial.
5. Henry comments on the fact that so many of the greats had names that started with ______.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the family crisis that Henry reminds Charlotte they are discussing during this scene?
2. Describe the position of Annie at the start of this scene. Where is she and what is she doing?
3. Why does Annie insist that Henry do better when he is reading the script aloud?
4. What are the indications that time has passed as this particular scene opens up to the audience?
5. What are some of the questions that Henry asks Annie during the following scene in this act?
6. What does Annie do when she sees Henry during the beginning part of this scene?
7. What are the common thoughts about the play that Charlotte and Max are both in?
8. What does Annie think happened to her room, as she finds it in a less than tidy state?
9. What is happening in the hotel room as the lights come up on the stage?
10. What is the topic of small talk discussing between Brodie and Henry during this scene?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)