|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Henry calls her a bloody nuisance, and she then promises to _______.
(a) Be quiet.
(b) Keep her robe closed.
(c) Turn down the music.
(d) Learn her script.
2. While Max and Charlotte are in the kitchen, Annie tries to get Henry to _________.
(a) Kiss her.
(b) Play records.
(c) Drink more champagne.
(d) Sing 'you've lost that lovin' feeling'
3. When the play opens, Max is building a _________ as a door opens offstage.
(a) Boat in a bottle.
(c) House of cards.
4. Mary is one of the sisters. Annie states that of the others _________ are pregnant.
5. Henry says that lots of _________are only good for fetching drinks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry tries to remember an album that ______ had put on while he was writing John-Paul is up the wall.
2. When Henry leaves to pick up Debbie, Annie tells Henry not to get kicked by a horse. Henry tells her not to get kicked by _______.
3. Henry comments on the fact that so many of the greats had names that started with ______.
4. In Scene 2 Max tells Charlotte and Henry that he felt they should take out the part about ________.
5. Annie tells Henry that he gets moody whenever he _________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Debbie not want Henry to come out to meet her boyfriend when the boyfriend arrives at the house?
2. What does Brodie have to say about the film's script as Annie walks into the scene with appetizers and dip?
3. What is the result of the bantering between Annie and Henry during this particular scene? What does Annie promise to do?
4. Why does Annie insist that Henry do better when he is reading the script aloud?
5. What is revealed about Billy and Annie as they continue to talk during this particular scene?
6. What does Annie do when a young man approaches her and talks to her?
7. What is happening in the hotel room as the lights come up on the stage?
8. What does Annie do when Max tries to give her the handkerchief?
9. What shows that Annie and Billy have some emotional and sexual distance between them?
10. Why does Annie correct Billy when he is stating a line during the start of this scene?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)