|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. THE REAL THING refers to the ________ that the story is attempting to access.
(a) Best movie.
(b) Universal truth.
(c) Best manuscript.
(d) Best relationship.
2. When Charlotte pretended to go to Amsterdam, she returned with Rembrandt place mats for________.
(d) Her mother.
3. As Scene 2 opens, ________ is listening to the record player and looking for a particular piece of music.
4. Annie accuses Henry of being seduced by ________.
5. ________ used to eat like a horse until she had one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Annie is frustrated because nobody ever writes about ________.
2. When the play opens, Max is building a _________ as a door opens offstage.
3. Henry is trying to come up with ________ records that he associates with turning points in his life.
4. Mary is one of the sisters. Annie states that of the others _________ are pregnant.
5. Annie promises Henry that she is not there. However she then ________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the current stage direction say that the room in the scene looks like in comparison to the room in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What shows that Annie and Billy have some emotional and sexual distance between them?
3. What does Annie admit to not feeling guilty about during this particular scene?
4. What does Charlotte say would actually happen if Henry were to catch her having an affair, rather than what happens in the actual play?
5. What do Annie and Billy think about the writing talent of Brodie, according to their conversation?
6. What does Annie respond when Henry asks her if the train was late?
7. What is Henry doing during the beginning of the scene as Annie walks in?
8. What does Max reveal to Charlotte that he knows about her Amsterdam trip during the first scene?
9. When does Charlotte join in on the banter between Henry and Debbie during the course of this scene?
10. What does Max realize after he apologizes to Charlotte who says she feels violated?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)