|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Charlotte enters the scene she is wearing a ________.
2. When the play opens, Max is building a _________ as a door opens offstage.
(b) House of cards.
(c) Boat in a bottle.
3. After Max says he is sorry, Charlotte begins to leave to go to _______.
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The bedroom.
(c) Her studio.
(d) The living room.
4. Charlotte complains about her character because_______.
(a) People lose interest when there is no lover.
(b) Her character is one-dimensional.
(c) Her character is bossy.
(d) People don't like cheaters.
5. Annie walks into the scene with a bag of _________ in her hands.
(a) Cheese sticks.
Short Answer Questions
1. After reading a few lines of the play Henry is frustrated that he can't write ______.
2. As Charlotte begins to leave, Max asks her ________.
3. Henry states that he didn't go to bed on time because ________.
4. Mary is one of the sisters. Annie states that of the others _________ are pregnant.
5. Henry believes that his writing suffers to some degree because he is too ________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Annie happily comment on as she hurries out the door during the next scene?
2. What are some of the questions that Henry asks Annie during the following scene in this act?
3. What is playing in the background as Annie and Max are talking with each other during this scene of the play?
4. What does Annie think happened to her room, as she finds it in a less than tidy state?
5. What is the topic of small talk discussing between Brodie and Henry during this scene?
6. What does Annie say when Max accuses her of the action that he accuses her of in #17?
7. Why does Henry fetch a cricket bat in order to explain the process of writing to Annie?
8. What does Annie do when she sees Henry during the beginning part of this scene?
9. What kind of scene are Billy and Annie rehearsing at the start of the eighth scene of the second act?
10. What is happening at the end of the film, though, at the beginning of this scene?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)