|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Annie discovers that Billy has read the play that Brodie wrote. She asks him what he thinks and he replies ________.
(a) The play is good.
(b) Brodie can't write.
(c) Henry's re-write is better.
(d) She shouldn't be in the play.
2. Annie disengages herself from the conversation and turns off all the lights except for in_________.
(a) The bedroom.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The living room.
(d) The dining room.
3. Henry says that he does not think that writers are sacred but ______ are; they deserve respect.
4. Billy states that he thinks that Henry is a __________ writer.
(a) Second Class.
(d) First Class.
5. Brodie states that he is getting sprung by the ___________.
6. Annie tells Henry, "You have to find part of yourself where I am not ________."
(a) A lover.
(c) A cheater.
(d) In your life.
7. As Scene 7 opens, a _________ is sitting by the door.
(b) Red umbrella.
(c) Small suitcase.
(d) Large ruck sack.
8. If you use a lump of wood instead, the ball will not travel and you will end up hurting your ______.
9. When Charlotte walks out she is carrying _______ postcards in her hand.
10. When Annie sticks up for the play, Henry uses a ________ in order to make his point about writing.
(a) Coffee cup.
(b) Champagne bottle.
11. The phone rings for the second time and this time it is ________. Henry says that Annie left 10 minutes ago.
12. Henry tells Max that _______ will be so upset when she finds out she missed him on the phone.
13. Annie jumps onto the phone and tells the caller to keep his ________ on.
14. As the scene closes Annie and Billy begin _______ in earnest.
15. Henry thinks all of the following reasons are invalid for considering Brodie's writing worthy except __________.
(a) Who wrote it.
(b) His skill with language.
(c) Where he wote it.
(d) Why he wrote it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Billy messes up the line and they have to re-do the scene. Annie moves away from him leaving him feel ________.
2. In response to Henry's question about HOUSE OF CARDS Debbie replies "infidelity in the ________ class."
3. Brodie stated that Henry did not help him get out of prison with the play, there were _____ other inmates that got out with him.
4. After correcting her grammar, Henry states that he sent her to a good school so she wouldn't be ruined by ______.
5. Henry asks Annie if _______ is the one that she had breakfast with.
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)