|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Annie says that if she did have an affair it would be out of _________.
2. This isn't better because someone says it is or because there is a conspiracy by the_______ to keep cudgels off the field.
3. The phone rings and Henry picks it up. He then asks if ________ would like to talk to Annie.
4. Annie tells Henry, "You have to find part of yourself where I am not ________."
(a) In your life.
(b) A cheater.
(d) A lover.
5. Annie finally admits that she had been having breakfast with one of the company at __________.
(a) The bus station.
(b) Euston Station.
(c) Grand Central Station.
(d) Elyria Station.
6. Henry says that the fate of all artists is _______.
(a) Dying young.
(d) People saying they preferred the early stuff.
7. Charlotte responds to the grammar correction by saying that she thought Henry sent Debbie there so she would be a ____ longer.
(c) Good girl.
8. Henry states, "I keep marrying people who suddenly lose _______."
(a) Thier marbles.
(b) A shoe.
(c) Their senses.
(d) A wheel.
9. Billy asks Annie where she is going and she replies that she is going to _________.
10. Billy asks Annie what time they will be arriving and Annie replies _________.
11. Henry asks Annie if _______ is the one that she had breakfast with.
12. Henry guesses that Debbie's boyfriend plays at the swings but he really plays at ________.
(b) The Strong Man show.
(c) The big tent.
(d) The Tunnel of Love.
13. Brodie states that he is getting sprung by the ___________.
14. Annie wants Henry to come but he refuses saying he is only _________ anyway.
(a) a proofreader.
(b) a ghost writer.
(c) an editor.
(d) a critic.
15. Debbie's boyfriend plays a _______ at the fairground, which to her is being a musician.
(c) Jazz piano.
(d) Steam organ.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Brodie turns down the volume of the television set one can hear footsteps and the clang of a _______.
2. Annie jumps onto the phone and tells the caller to keep his ________ on.
3. Henry asked Annie if she is going to see Billy again and she replied that she wants to go to his next ______.
4. The phone rings for the second time and this time it is ________. Henry says that Annie left 10 minutes ago.
5. Annie disengages herself from the conversation and turns off all the lights except for in_________.
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)