|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Henry warns Debbie not to get too good at ________.
(c) Persuasive nonsense.
2. Henry says that the fate of all artists is _______.
(c) Dying young.
(d) People saying they preferred the early stuff.
3. Annie leaves the room when Henry accuses her of having a fancy for _______.
4. Annie and Billy read lines of the play to each other and at some point Billy opens _________.
(a) His bag.
(b) His pants.
(c) His shirt.
(d) The window.
5. As Brodie turns down the volume of the television set one can hear footsteps and the clang of a _______.
(a) Cell door.
(b) Dinner bell.
(c) Machine shop.
(d) Metal pan being dropped.
6. Brodie stated that Henry did not help him get out of prison with the play, there were _____ other inmates that got out with him.
7. Annie reveals to Henry that she wants him to help with writing _______ play.
8. Brodie states that he is getting sprung by the ___________.
9. Annie says that she will wait for Billy and for everything to ________.
(a) Come together.
(b) Fall into place.
(d) Work out.
10. Annie is pleased that he likes the tune. He immediately says that the tune was stolen from _________.
(a) Procul Harem.
(b) The Everly Brothers.
(c) Pink Floyd.
(d) Richie Valens.
11. What we are trying to do is write _________ so that when we throw up an idea and give it a little knock it might travel.
(b) Baseball bats.
(d) Cricket bats.
12. As Scene 7 opens, a _________ is sitting by the door.
(a) Red umbrella.
(b) Large ruck sack.
(d) Small suitcase.
13. When Annie sticks up for the play, Henry uses a ________ in order to make his point about writing.
(a) Champagne bottle.
(c) Coffee cup.
14. ________ is to do with knowing and being known.
(a) Writing plays.
15. Billy asks Annie where she is going and she replies that she is going to _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry says into the phone, "Don't tell me about professional, you lost half a day of shooting the war memorial with a ______ shadow over it."
2. The scene then moves to Brodie wearing a suit and holding a glass of ________.
3. Henry states, "I keep marrying people who suddenly lose _______."
4. As the scene closes Annie and Billy begin _______ in earnest.
5. When Scene 6 opens, Annie is seated at the window of a _________.
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)