|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Henry says to Debbie, "Happiness is equilibrium; shift your ________."
2. Annie is pleased that he likes the tune. He immediately says that the tune was stolen from _________.
(a) The Everly Brothers.
(b) Richie Valens.
(c) Procul Harem.
(d) Pink Floyd.
3. In response to Henry's question about HOUSE OF CARDS Debbie replies "infidelity in the ________ class."
4. Annie is planning to go see Billy over _______.
(a) The weekend.
(c) The holiday.
5. Debbie has developed a habit of calling Henry _______ which he doesn't like.
6. As Scene 10 opens, Annie is sitting down reading on the ________.
7. When Annie uses his own writing against him, Henry defends himself by saying that _________ work doesn't count.
8. Henry asked Annie if she is going to see Billy again and she replied that she wants to go to his next ______.
(c) Poetry Reading.
9. Annie discovers that Billy has read the play that Brodie wrote. She asks him what he thinks and he replies ________.
(a) Brodie can't write.
(b) Henry's re-write is better.
(c) She shouldn't be in the play.
(d) The play is good.
10. As the scene closes Annie and Billy begin _______ in earnest.
11. Annie tells Henry, "You have to find part of yourself where I am not ________."
(a) A lover.
(b) A cheater.
(d) In your life.
12. Henry says that he does not think that writers are sacred but ______ are; they deserve respect.
13. Annie and Billy read lines of the play to each other and at some point Billy opens _________.
(a) His shirt.
(b) His bag.
(c) His pants.
(d) The window.
14. Henry thinks all of the following reasons are invalid for considering Brodie's writing worthy except __________.
(a) Why he wrote it.
(b) Where he wote it.
(c) Who wrote it.
(d) His skill with language.
15. Billy had to wait to sit next to Annie until the inspector came around because he _________.
(a) Didn't have a First Class ticket.
(b) Didn't have a ticket.
(c) Was on the run from the police.
(d) Didn't have any money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Charlotte responds to the grammar correction by saying that she thought Henry sent Debbie there so she would be a ____ longer.
2. Annie rushes out, late for her engagement and Henry asks her to ________ because it is important.
3. Henry says, "I don't get _______ because when I did I could feel how tedious it was, how unattractive."
4. Henry states, "I keep marrying people who suddenly lose _______."
5. Annie reveals to Henry that she wants him to help with writing _______ play.
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)