|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Annie tells Henry that he gets moody whenever he _________.
(a) Can't write.
(b) Works too late.
(c) Gets seduced from his work.
(d) Goes too long without sex.
2. The character that Henry is reading in the play is called _______.
3. Charlotte says that the difference between plays and real life is __________.
(a) Thinking time.
(d) In real life things are more complicated.
4. The name of the play that Henry is currently working on is called _______ Sisters.
5. At the beginning of Scene 3 Max asks Annie how _________ is doing.
6. Annie asks Henry which opera it is and he guesses all of the following except ________.
(a) Madame Butterfly.
7. In the play, the train is heading toward the city of ______ and will be arriving at 1:30.
8. Charlotte believes that if Henry really caught her cheating he would _______.
(a) Drink excessively.
(c) Come apart.
(d) Pick at her intellectually.
9. Henry answers the door and tells his visitor that ________is not there.
10. Henry makes a comment about Annie committing incest in ________.
11. Max found the passport in ________.
(a) A coat in the closet.
(b) The recipe drawer.
(c) In Charlotte's dresser.
(d) In the safe.
12. _________ was going to be stewarding at the protest meeting in the afternoon.
13. Henry is trying to find the tune that the orchestra was playing and he thought it was _________.
14. Max asks Charlotte how many lovers she has and if it is anyone he knows. Charlotte replies_______.
(c) You aren't anyone I know.
15. All of the following died in the same plane crash except ________.
(a) Buddy Holly.
(b) The Big Bopper.
(c) The Everly Brothers.
(d) Richie Valens.
Short Answer Questions
1. The doorbell rings and Henry takes the record off the machine. The person at the door is _______.
2. After reading a few lines of the play Henry is frustrated that he can't write ______.
3. When the play opens, Max is building a _________ as a door opens offstage.
4. Annie is frustrated because nobody ever writes about ________.
5. Max's project collapses when _______ slams the door and enters the room.
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)