|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Max asks Charlotte how many lovers she has and if it is anyone he knows. Charlotte replies_______.
(b) You aren't anyone I know.
2. Annie says that Henry is not normal because she does not think he gets _________.
3. Henry makes a comment about Annie committing incest in ________.
4. After Max says he is sorry, Charlotte begins to leave to go to _______.
(a) Her studio.
(b) The living room.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The bedroom.
5. Annie said that she won't go with Henry because he spoils it for his daughter by being _______.
6. THE REAL THING refers to the ________ that the story is attempting to access.
(a) Universal truth.
(b) Best relationship.
(c) Best manuscript.
(d) Best movie.
7. Annie asks Henry which opera it is and he guesses all of the following except ________.
(d) Madame Butterfly.
8. Annie accuses Henry of being an elitist about _______, giving rules for who can do it and who can't.
9. Annie tries to make Henry jealous by talking about the way ______ sticks his tongue in her ear.
10. Charlotte says that the difference between plays and real life is __________.
(a) Thinking time.
(b) In real life things are more complicated.
11. When Charlotte enters the scene she is wearing a ________.
12. Henry is trying to come up with ________ records that he associates with turning points in his life.
13. Annie promises Henry that she is not there. However she then ________.
(a) Makes loud noises.
(b) Talks to him.
(c) Opens her robe in front of him.
(d) Stomps her feet.
14. Charlotte offers a toast to the collapse of ________.
(a) The government.
(b) House of Cards.
(c) The theater.
(d) The Real Thing.
15. Max found the passport in ________.
(a) The recipe drawer.
(b) A coat in the closet.
(c) In the safe.
(d) In Charlotte's dresser.
Short Answer Questions
1. Scene 4 opens with Henry writing. Annie enters wearing _________.
2. Charlotte approaches Max and kisses him _______.
3. Mary is one of the sisters. Annie states that of the others _________ are pregnant.
4. Annie and Henry argue about the validity of Brodie's actions. To Annie, setting fire to a wreath on a war memorial is a ________.
5. After discovering Charlotte's passport in the drawer, he knows that she hasn't been to _________.
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)