|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Annie is frustrated because nobody ever writes about ________.
(a) The tedium of the unrequiting.
(d) The pain of unrequited love.
2. Charlotte enters the room wearing ________ and looking generally disheveled.
(a) Henry's dressing gown.
(b) Her dressing gown.
(c) Henry's shirt.
(d) Jeans and a t-shirt.
3. Henry remembers doing a piece in which he said that ________ was superficial.
(a) Alain de Botton.
(b) John-Paul Sartre.
(c) Friedrich Nietzsche.
(d) The Crystals.
4. Henry is writing this play for ________.
5. Annie asks Henry which opera it is and he guesses all of the following except ________.
(c) Madame Butterfly.
6. The character that Annie is reading in the play is called ________.
7. Charlotte approaches Max and kisses him _______.
(a) On his neck.
(b) On the lips.
(c) On the top of his head.
(d) On his cheek.
8. Max asks the whereabouts of Debbie and Henry replies_______.
(a) Riding school.
(b) Dancing lessons.
9. While asking Charlotte various questions about her lovers Max gives her permission to ________.
(a) Take the rest of the wine.
(b) Go on another trip.
(c) Slap him.
10. THE REAL THING refers to the ________ that the story is attempting to access.
(a) Best manuscript.
(b) Best relationship.
(c) Best movie.
(d) Universal truth.
11. At the beginning of Scene 5 Henry is playing music by ________.
12. Max asks Charlotte how many lovers she has and if it is anyone he knows. Charlotte replies_______.
(b) You aren't anyone I know.
13. Charlotte complains about her character because_______.
(a) Her character is bossy.
(b) Her character is one-dimensional.
(c) People lose interest when there is no lover.
(d) People don't like cheaters.
14. Annie is planning to visit Brodie, ________ she met on the train, later that day.
(a) A political prisoner.
(b) A friend.
(c) A former lover.
(d) An actor.
15. Henry tries to remember an album that ______ had put on while he was writing John-Paul is up the wall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Annie is frustrated with Henry because he can't tell the difference between ________.
2. As Scene 2 opens, ________ is listening to the record player and looking for a particular piece of music.
3. Henry makes a comment about Annie committing incest in ________.
4. Charlotte comes out of the bedroom where she has been getting dressed. They all sit down to have ______.
5. Annie states that ______, a member of the committee is willing to do the play.
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)