|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After arguing for a bit, Henry returns to writing and Annie studies her script. Henry says he will have to pick up _______.
2. Annie accuses Henry of being an elitist about _______, giving rules for who can do it and who can't.
3. Charlotte compares the privacy violation by Max to ________.
(a) Being burgled.
(b) Being seen by a Peeping Tom.
(c) Having someone go through your garbage.
(d) Being followed by a detective.
4. Henry calls her a bloody nuisance, and she then promises to _______.
(a) Keep her robe closed.
(b) Learn her script.
(c) Be quiet.
(d) Turn down the music.
5. Henry is trying to come up with ________ records that he associates with turning points in his life.
6. Max asks Charlotte how many lovers she has and if it is anyone he knows. Charlotte replies_______.
(c) You aren't anyone I know.
7. In response to Charlotte's protests about the number of people coming over, Henry suggests they give them________.
(a) Fish sticks.
(c) Cheese sticks.
8. At the beginning of Scene 3 Max asks Annie how _________ is doing.
9. Henry tells Annie to sit down and offers her Buck's Fizz which is _________.
(a) Sparkling water.
(b) Champagne and orange juice.
10. As Scene 2 opens, ________ is listening to the record player and looking for a particular piece of music.
11. As Charlotte begins to leave, Max asks her ________.
(a) Where she actually was.
(b) If she is going on another pretend trip.
(c) Why she forgot her passport.
(d) Who her lover is.
12. After reading a few lines of the play Henry is frustrated that he can't write ______.
13. Annie and Henry argue about the validity of Brodie's actions. To Annie, setting fire to a wreath on a war memorial is a ________.
(a) Unforgivable act.
(b) Criminal act.
(c) Symbolic act.
(d) Desperate act.
14. Charlotte offers a toast to the collapse of ________.
(a) The government.
(b) The Real Thing.
(c) The theater.
(d) House of Cards.
15. THE REAL THING refers to the ________ that the story is attempting to access.
(a) Best manuscript.
(b) Best relationship.
(c) Best movie.
(d) Universal truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Max goes to help Charlotte in the kitchen and she allows him to _________.
2. Charlotte states that she feels violated at which point Max ________.
3. Max asks Charlotte about the _______ in Geneva.
4. Henry reads the scene from the play with Annie and makes _______ noises.
5. In Scene 2 Max tells Charlotte and Henry that he felt they should take out the part about ________.
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)