Objective: The opening of the play has Max building a house of cards, symbolic for the play as a whole and for many of the relationships. Today's objective is to talk about the idea of a house of cards and what this means in its many definitions.
1) 1. Have students define the idea of a house of cards. What is the first thing that comes to mind when they hear that phrase?
2. In smaller groups, have students discuss whether they believe relationships are inherently houses of cards. Why or why not?
3. As a class, have the students discuss whether they think a house of cards is always a bad thing. Why or why not? Why do the students think that relationships are often houses of cards?
4. Homework: Have students write about a situation in their life which they might call a house of cards. Why?
5. Homework: Have students...
This section contains 5,759 words
(approx. 20 pages at 300 words per page)