|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 3, Chapter 19, where does Nafisi go?
(a) To a class at a foreign university.
(b) To a screening of foreign films by a Russian director.
(c) To a concert by foreign musicians.
(d) To a meeting at the magician's house.
2. Who is Mrs. Rezvan?
(a) The mother of one of Nafisi's former students, who tries to get Nafisi to start a study group.
(b) The wife of one of Nafisi's former students.
(c) A colleague of one of Nafisi's former students, who tries to get Nafisi to return to teaching.
(d) One of Nafisi's former students.
3. In Part 2, Chapter 23, what are Mr. Nyazi and another student arguing about?
(a) Whether or not Nafisi should be expelled from the university.
(b) The morality of "The Great Gatsby."
(c) The value of teaching "The Great Gatsby" in an Islamic society.
(d) Whether or not the government intends to close down the universities.
4. Why is Nafisi uncomfortable with Mr. Bahir's action at the end of Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) She does not know him well and his presence feels threatening.
(b) His action forces her to report him to the police.
(c) By placing his hands behind his back, he negates her gesture of goodwill.
(d) She does not wish to shake hands with a student.
5. What gift does Nafisi give to the magician?
(a) A pair of scissors shaped like a rooster.
(b) A book written in English.
(c) A box of foreign chocolates.
(d) A bottle of homemade wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game does Nafisi play when she begins wearing a black robe?
2. What question does Nafisi ask at the beginning of her first class at the University of Tehran?
3. What is Nafisi's occupation after she leaves Iran?
4. How does Nafisi describe the Iranian perception of America?
5. What does Nafisi describe as "the most unforgivable crime in fiction"?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)