|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 4, Chapter 1, what does Sanaz announce she is going to do?
(a) Go to America and enroll in a university.
(b) Go to Turkey and see a man.
(c) Stop coming to the study club.
(d) Become a teacher.
2. Who is Mrs. Rezvan?
(a) A colleague of one of Nafisi's former students, who tries to get Nafisi to return to teaching.
(b) The wife of one of Nafisi's former students.
(c) The mother of one of Nafisi's former students, who tries to get Nafisi to start a study group.
(d) One of Nafisi's former students.
3. What question does Nafisi ask at the beginning of her first class at the University of Tehran?
(a) Why do you believe there will be a cultural revolution?
(b) Why should anyone read fiction?
(c) What did you think about the choice of books for this course?
(d) Why is it important to get a college education?
4. What project is Nassrin working on?
(a) Translating Islamic texts into English.
(b) A thesis on the works of the Ayatollah Khomeini.
(c) Translating English texts into Persian.
(d) Reading all the works of Islamic leaders.
5. What does the magician tell Nafisi she should do to help her students survive?
(a) Help them regain their imagination.
(b) Help them leave Iran.
(c) Help them gain admission to an American college.
(d) Help them find a good marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the class study of "The Great Gatsby" affect Nafisi?
2. What is a perfectly equipped failure?
3. In Part 4, Chapter 12, where do Nafisi and her husband go?
4. How does Nafisi describe the Iranian perception of America?
5. What does Nafisi emphasize in the introductory course she teaches in Part 3?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)