|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Forsati want to do?
(a) Work as an official in the Iranian regime.
(b) Start a company related to videos and films.
(c) Marry one of Nafisi's students.
(d) Write a novel about life in Iran.
2. How does Part 3, Chapter 11 begin?
(a) With the announcement that accompanies air raid sirens.
(b) With Nafisi standing in her apartment.
(c) With a quote from "Daisy Miller."
(d) With a student talking in Nafisi's classroom.
3. How does Nafisi feel when she hears the announcement that Iraq has attacked Iran?
(a) Unhappy, because she realizes what war will do to her friends and family.
(b) Nervous, because she is afraid that she will be killed during the impending war.
(c) Relieved that someone will finally help end the political situation in her home country.
(d) Ambivalent, both angry and full of love and desire to protect her home country.
4. Who does Nafisi meet with in Part 3, Chapter 10?
(a) Local religious leaders.
(b) Officials at a local university.
(c) Her study group.
(d) The magician.
5. What happens to Sanaz when she is on vacation?
(a) She is expelled from the university because she is in Nafisi's study group.
(b) Revolutionary Guards search the house where she is staying and take her to jail for 48 hours.
(c) She is kidnapped by her brother, who accuses her of being too Westernized.
(d) She decides that she can no longer participate in the goals of the revolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3, Chapter 14, which former student comes to see Nafisi?
2. What is a perfectly equipped failure?
3. How is Mr. Nahvi like Jane Austen's character Elizabeth Bennet?
4. What is Nafisi feeling when the classroom trial of "The Great Gatsby" ends?
5. Who is Ramin?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)