Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Dear Jane Society?
(a) A secret society Nafisi's students never actually form.
(b) The nickname for Nafisi's study name.
(c) The nickname for Nafisi's students who love Jane Austen.
(d) A group of Nafisi's students who have broken up with their boyfriends.
2. Nafisi describes Austen as being most interested in depicting what?
(d) Social class.
3. How does Nafisi feel when she hears the announcement that Iraq has attacked Iran?
(a) Ambivalent, both angry and full of love and desire to protect her home country.
(b) Nervous, because she is afraid that she will be killed during the impending war.
(c) Unhappy, because she realizes what war will do to her friends and family.
(d) Relieved that someone will finally help end the political situation in her home country.
4. What happens to Sanaz when she is on vacation?
(a) Revolutionary Guards search the house where she is staying and take her to jail for 48 hours.
(b) She decides that she can no longer participate in the goals of the revolution.
(c) She is kidnapped by her brother, who accuses her of being too Westernized.
(d) She is expelled from the university because she is in Nafisi's study group.
5. What subject do both Mike Gold and F. Scott Fitzgerald write about?
(a) The value in being poor.
(b) Loss, specifically the loss of innocence.
(c) The morality of the wealthy.
(d) Dreams, specifically the American Dream.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Nafisi agree not to contact after she leaves Iran?
2. What is Nafisi's occupation after she leaves Iran?
3. Who is Dr. Shahpour Bakhtiar?
4. Who is Ramin?
5. Who is Hojatol-Islam Ali Khamenei?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)