Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Dear Jane Society?
(a) A secret society Nafisi's students never actually form.
(b) The nickname for Nafisi's study name.
(c) The nickname for Nafisi's students who love Jane Austen.
(d) A group of Nafisi's students who have broken up with their boyfriends.
2. Nafisi describes Austen as being most interested in depicting what?
(d) Social class.
3. How does Nafisi feel when she hears the announcement that Iraq has attacked Iran?
(a) Ambivalent, both angry and full of love and desire to protect her home country.
(b) Nervous, because she is afraid that she will be killed during the impending war.
(c) Unhappy, because she realizes what war will do to her friends and family.
(d) Relieved that someone will finally help end the political situation in her home country.
4. What happens to Sanaz when she is on vacation?
(a) Revolutionary Guards search the house where she is staying and take her to jail for 48 hours.
(b) She decides that she can no longer participate in the goals of the revolution.
(c) She is kidnapped by her brother, who accuses her of being too Westernized.
(d) She is expelled from the university because she is in Nafisi's study group.
5. What subject do both Mike Gold and F. Scott Fitzgerald write about?
(a) The value in being poor.
(b) Loss, specifically the loss of innocence.
(c) The morality of the wealthy.
(d) Dreams, specifically the American Dream.
6. Who does Nafisi agree not to contact after she leaves Iran?
(b) The University of Tehran.
(c) The magician.
7. What is Nafisi's occupation after she leaves Iran?
(a) She is a demonstrator against the Iranian regime.
(b) She is a mentor for Iranian graduate students.
(c) She is a teacher and writer.
(d) She is an Iranian travel guide.
8. Who is Dr. Shahpour Bakhtiar?
(a) An Iranian intellectual who escaped to Iraq to avoid jail.
(b) A nationalist leader who became prime minister in 1979.
(c) One of Nafisi's students.
(d) Nafisi's colleague at the University of Tehran.
9. Who is Ramin?
(a) Nassrin's boyfriend.
(b) The name of the Iranian president.
(c) Mrs. Rezvan's son.
(d) One of Nafisi's students who was executed.
10. Who is Hojatol-Islam Ali Khamenei?
(a) The president of the university.
(b) The magician.
(c) One of Nafisi's students.
(d) The successor to Ayatollah Khomeini.
11. What gift does Mrs. Rezvan give Nafisi?
(a) Two photographs of Nafisi's students.
(b) Three hair clips to keep her head scarf in place.
(c) A new head scarf.
(d) A book of her original poetry.
12. What is the question Nafisi asks of all married couples?
(a) When did you fall in love?
(b) Why did you get married?
(c) Are you still in love?
(d) Did you fall in love?
13. What political event described at the beginning of Chapter 9 sets the tone for the subsequent actions of Nafisi's students?
(a) The student occupation of the American Embassy in Tehran.
(b) The overthrow of the leadership of the University of Tehran.
(c) The arrest of a popular professor for refusing to follow the regime's laws.
(d) The invasion of Iran by Iraq.
14. How does Mr. Bahir become president of the Muslim Students' Association at the University of Tehran?
(a) He creates the organization and names himself leader.
(b) He uses force to win the position.
(c) He makes persuasive speeches that draw attention to his leadership qualities.
(d) He works his way up through patience and dedication.
15. Why does Nafisi include the scene from "Invitation to a Beheading" in Chapter 22?
(a) It illustrates the way totalitarian governments force victims to participate in crimes against themselves.
(b) Nafisi believes that scene shows how her students will be mistreated if they are thrown in jail.
(c) She is making the point that all governments are corrupt.
(d) The scene was just studied in Nafisi's study group.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nafisi emphasize in the introductory course she teaches in Part 3?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 14, what do the police do to the women at the protest meeting?
3. What happens to Nassrin after she leaves Iran?
4. Why does Nafisi say the dream in "The Great Gatsby" is not a comment on America as a materialistic county?
5. Why do the students begin to keep vigils at the University of Tehran?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)