|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 15 - 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Nafisi nervous about the intruders being in her house?
(a) She has young children who are afraid of guns.
(b) She believes her neighbor will blame her for whatever happens.
(c) She hasn't cleaned the house for a religious celebration.
(d) She has a forbidden satellite dish.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 16, what are Nafisi and her male acquaintance discussing?
(a) How life in the Islamic Republic has turned everyday activities into exciting secret missions.
(b) Where to find food and books in Tehran.
(c) The types of literature that should be discussed in a private study group.
(d) What happened when the University of Tehran was closed.
3. In Chapter 15, how does the study group define a villain?
(a) One who knowingly challenges the religious culture of the ruling party.
(b) One who lacks curiosity about other people, being only interested in his/her vision of other people.
(c) One who molests a child.
(d) One who bows to authority figures.
4. How does Nafisi's acquaintance describe her students?
(a) As "pretty women."
(b) As "nice girls."
(c) As "good students."
(d) As "fine people."
5. Why does Nafisi's apartment lack matching furniture and fancy window dressings?
(a) Her mother does not believe those items are appropriate for women.
(b) She is too poor to afford material possessions.
(c) Her belongings were taken by revolutionaries.
(d) She is more concerned with literature and the inner world of knowledge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the best definition of Nabokov's term "poshlust"?
2. What becomes part of the "landscape" of Nafisi's class?
3. How does Nafisi feel about revealing herself in class?
4. Who is Mike Gold?
5. Who demands entry into Nafisi's house?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)