|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nafisi select her students for the small study group?
(a) She chooses students who are loners or outsiders.
(b) She chooses students who earn good grades in all their classes.
(c) She chooses students who can afford to pay her on a regular basis.
(d) She chooses students who dislike the liberal qualities of the university.
2. Why does Nafisi see a parallel between Humbert and contemporary Iranian society?
(a) Because Humbert's actions would be prohibited in Iranian society.
(b) Because Humbert and the ayatollahs share similar views about sex.
(c) Because members of Iranian society would act like Humbert if they were permitted to do so.
(d) Because the ayatollahs also blame others and hide the truth.
3. How do the Iranian authorities view the country's past?
(a) The past is irrelevant to the leaders who want to establish a perfect Koranic society.
(b) The Iranian leaders see the country's past as an example for other societies.
(c) Iran's past is used as a foundation for the development of a more modern society.
(d) Iran's past is considered important in the development of a perfect Koranic society.
4. How does Nafisi's acquaintance describe her students?
(a) As "good students."
(b) As "nice girls."
(c) As "pretty women."
(d) As "fine people."
5. What would happen if the "Blood of God" militia saw a girl with nail polish or a strand of loose hair?
(a) The militia would not permit the girl to continue studying literature.
(b) The girl would be beheaded as an example of an evil woman.
(c) The girl would be escorted home, where her family would forbid her to go out of the house unescorted.
(d) The girl would be punished and humiliated for violating laws.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Negar upset?
2. What does Nassrin's mother teach her daughter?
3. In Chapter 15, how does the study group define a villain?
4. What is the main reason for Nafisi's resignation from the University of Tehran?
5. What is the dream Nafisi and her students share?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)