|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Nafisi's apartment located?
(a) Across from an ex-American hospital.
(b) In the middle of a mountain range.
(c) On the campus of the University of Tehran.
(d) Above a restaurant.
2. How does Nafisi structure the first class sessions?
(a) With the students leading discussion and choosing what to read.
(b) Like a traditional literature class, with Nafisi asking questions and leading discussions.
(c) Like a lecture class, with the students taking notes on Nafisi's lectures.
(d) With students reading "revolutionary" authors and discussing the parallels to contemporary society.
3. Why did Nabokov say that every great novel is a fairy tale?
(a) Fairy tales and novels both demonstrate the beauty of the natural world.
(b) Even though fairy tales have monsters, good ultimately wins over evil.
(c) Because all good novelists begin to write after reading fairy tales.
(d) All novels are stories with imaginary characters like fairy tales.
4. What secret does Nassrin tell Nafisi?
(a) She had left her family to work for an Islamist student group.
(b) She had been sexually abused by her youngest uncle.
(c) She had been married and divorced.
(d) She was leaving for America.
5. How do the Iranian authorities view the country's past?
(a) The past is irrelevant to the leaders who want to establish a perfect Koranic society.
(b) Iran's past is used as a foundation for the development of a more modern society.
(c) Iran's past is considered important in the development of a perfect Koranic society.
(d) The Iranian leaders see the country's past as an example for other societies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Nafisi write her class notes?
2. What is Nafisi doing at the beginning of Chapter 11?
3. Chapter 12 takes place during which season?
4. What are the biggest threats to an idealized vision of an individual or a country?
5. Why does the male student have to meet with Nafisi separately?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)