|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The desire for what intangible object drives Nafisi's students?
(a) The desire for truth.
(b) The desire for beauty.
(c) The desire for justice.
(d) The desire for morality.
2. What is the main point of Chapter 12?
(a) To provide the reader with an understanding of how "Lolita" was sold in Tehran.
(b) The students enjoy reading "Lolita."
(c) To provide the reader with a sketch of the class meeting to discuss "Lolita."
(d) Copies of books are not readily available in Tehran.
3. In Chapter 15, how does the study group define a villain?
(a) One who knowingly challenges the religious culture of the ruling party.
(b) One who molests a child.
(c) One who bows to authority figures.
(d) One who lacks curiosity about other people, being only interested in his/her vision of other people.
4. What would happen if the "Blood of God" militia saw a girl with nail polish or a strand of loose hair?
(a) The girl would be punished and humiliated for violating laws.
(b) The militia would not permit the girl to continue studying literature.
(c) The girl would be escorted home, where her family would forbid her to go out of the house unescorted.
(d) The girl would be beheaded as an example of an evil woman.
5. What is the first work Nafisi and her students in the study group discuss?
(a) "Invitation to a Beheading."
(c) "A Thousand and One Nights."
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nafisi remind the students of Nabokov?
2. What is the first assignment for the students in the study group?
3. What does Nafisi describe as the crux of the problem in "Lolita"?
4. Who is the villain in "Lolita"?
5. What does Nafisi believe is the main point of "Lolita"?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)