|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of author do the students seem most interested in studying?
(a) Authors who have female characters with strong opinions.
(b) "Non-revolutionary" authors such as Joyce, Nabokov, Woolf, and Austin.
(c) "Revolutionary" authors who are tied to current political ideologies.
(d) Authors who show the benefits of a religious society.
2. Why does Nafisi remind the students of Nabokov?
(a) Nabokov believed that a totalitarian government offered students the chance to be free.
(b) Because Nabokov wrote in an unsettled environment like the setting the students are in.
(c) Because Nabokov symbolizes the kind of writer that the students want be become.
(d) Nabokov is Nafisi's favorite author.
3. Chapter 12 takes place during which season?
4. Why does Nafisi's apartment lack matching furniture and fancy window dressings?
(a) She is more concerned with literature and the inner world of knowledge.
(b) Her belongings were taken by revolutionaries.
(c) Her mother does not believe those items are appropriate for women.
(d) She is too poor to afford material possessions.
5. Why does the male student have to meet with Nafisi separately?
(a) The female students do not like having a male student in their class.
(b) His schedule does not permit him to meet with the female students.
(c) A group with men and women would arouse suspicion from the Islamist authorities.
(d) Nafisi believes that male and female students learn differently.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Ministry of Education officials ask the faculty at Nafisi's school if they thought they were in Switzerland?
2. What do the class members take turns doing each week?
3. What are the biggest threats to an idealized vision of an individual or a country?
4. What is the first assignment for the students in the study group?
5. What scene opens Chapter 12?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)