|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the class strive to do in their study of literature?
(a) Discover truths about beauty and human nature.
(b) Discover ways to question religious authorities.
(c) Find answers about political ideology.
(d) Learn how to be better writers.
2. The desire for what intangible object drives Nafisi's students?
(a) The desire for truth.
(b) The desire for justice.
(c) The desire for beauty.
(d) The desire for morality.
3. Why does Nafisi consider Humbert, Lolita's molester, such a frightening character?
(a) Because he appears normal and ordinary in other aspects of everyday life.
(b) Because he repeatedly uses force against those who stand in his way.
(c) Because he directly challenges the totalitarian government.
(d) Because his character causes Nafisi's students to question the role of men in their lives.
4. Where is Nafisi's apartment located?
(a) On the campus of the University of Tehran.
(b) In the middle of a mountain range.
(c) Across from an ex-American hospital.
(d) Above a restaurant.
5. How does Nafisi structure the first class sessions?
(a) Like a traditional literature class, with Nafisi asking questions and leading discussions.
(b) With the students leading discussion and choosing what to read.
(c) With students reading "revolutionary" authors and discussing the parallels to contemporary society.
(d) Like a lecture class, with the students taking notes on Nafisi's lectures.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nafisi return to the two photographs of her students in Chapter 7?
2. Why are Nafisi's students like ghosts when they are walking through the streets of Tehran?
3. How do the Iranian authorities view the country's past?
4. What is the first assignment for the students in the study group?
5. In Chapter 9, what does Yassi ask Nafisi ?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)