|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Iranian authorities view the country's past?
(a) Iran's past is considered important in the development of a perfect Koranic society.
(b) The past is irrelevant to the leaders who want to establish a perfect Koranic society.
(c) The Iranian leaders see the country's past as an example for other societies.
(d) Iran's past is used as a foundation for the development of a more modern society.
2. Chapter 12 takes place during which season?
3. Where does Nafisi write her class notes?
(a) Pocket calendars.
(b) Big diaries.
(c) Lined paper tablets.
(d) Small scraps of paper.
4. How does Nabokov's character Cincinnatus C. become a hero?
(a) By fighting off his jailors.
(b) By refusing to be like everyone else.
(c) By giving in to the requirements of the government.
(d) By rescuing those who are falsely imprisoned.
5. Why are Nafisi's students like ghosts when they are walking through the streets of Tehran?
(a) Because they wear a veil, their skin is very white like a ghost.
(b) They hope to be invisible to the militia and arrive at their destination without confrontation.
(c) Their black clothes hide them when they are walking at night.
(d) They have learned to walk with a gliding motion, barely touching the ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Nafisi, how is the character of Lolita like Nafisi's students?
2. What are the biggest threats to an idealized vision of an individual or a country?
3. The desire for what intangible object drives Nafisi's students?
4. What symbol does Nafisi think of when she thinks of Lolita?
5. In Chapter 9, what does Nafisi do to answer Yassi's question?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)