|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nafisi's apartment lack matching furniture and fancy window dressings?
(a) She is more concerned with literature and the inner world of knowledge.
(b) Her mother does not believe those items are appropriate for women.
(c) She is too poor to afford material possessions.
(d) Her belongings were taken by revolutionaries.
2. What does Nafisi see reflected in the mirror?
(a) Her husband.
(b) A hospital.
(c) Her students.
3. Why does Nafisi return to the two photographs of her students in Chapter 7?
(a) The photographs are evidence that literature is more powerful than clothing.
(b) She wants to show how her students are the same people regardless of how they dress.
(c) The images show the contrast between the repression of the outside world and the individuality and freedom allowed in the apartment.
(d) The photographs show how much her students changed after they studied literature.
4. What object does Nafisi refer to when she first describes the students in her study group?
(a) Her apartment.
(b) A photograph.
(c) A veil.
5. Why is Nafisi worried about her students?
(a) She is concerned that they will be punished by their families for attending her class.
(b) Because her students show no signs of being individuals.
(c) She is worried that they cannot afford the flowers she expects them to bring.
(d) Because the students are not interested in reading and discussing literature.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first assignment for the students in the study group?
2. Why does Nafisi remind the students of Nabokov?
3. In Chapter 9, what does Yassi ask Nafisi ?
4. How does Nafisi select her students for the small study group?
5. Why is Nabokov's "Invitation to a Beheading" the inspiration for Nafisi to form the study group?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)