|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nafisi select her students for the small study group?
(a) She chooses students who can afford to pay her on a regular basis.
(b) She chooses students who earn good grades in all their classes.
(c) She chooses students who dislike the liberal qualities of the university.
(d) She chooses students who are loners or outsiders.
2. What symbol does Nafisi think of when she thinks of Lolita?
(a) A school report card.
(b) A school uniform.
(c) A helpless little girl.
(d) A butterfly pinned to the wall.
3. Where is Nafisi's apartment located?
(a) Across from an ex-American hospital.
(b) In the middle of a mountain range.
(c) On the campus of the University of Tehran.
(d) Above a restaurant.
4. Why do the students meet in Nafisi's apartment?
(a) To study and discuss literature.
(b) To plan ways to join the revolution.
(c) To escape the University of Tehran.
(d) To learn about religious freedom.
5. What is the main reason for Nafisi's resignation from the University of Tehran?
(a) The governance of the University is arbitrary.
(b) The University of Tehran is too liberal.
(c) She isn't able to do the type of scholarship the government required.
(d) She wants to teach literature to smaller groups in private.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nafisi consider Humbert, Lolita's molester, such a frightening character?
2. How do the Iranian authorities view the country's past?
3. What is the best definition of Nabokov's term "poshlust"?
4. How does Nafisi introduce the reader to the students in her class?
5. Why is Nabokov's "Invitation to a Beheading" the inspiration for Nafisi to form the study group?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)