|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What symbol does Nafisi think of when she thinks of Lolita?
(a) A school report card.
(b) A helpless little girl.
(c) A butterfly pinned to the wall.
(d) A school uniform.
2. What is the main point of Chapter 12?
(a) To provide the reader with a sketch of the class meeting to discuss "Lolita."
(b) To provide the reader with an understanding of how "Lolita" was sold in Tehran.
(c) The students enjoy reading "Lolita."
(d) Copies of books are not readily available in Tehran.
3. How does Nafisi select her students for the small study group?
(a) She chooses students who dislike the liberal qualities of the university.
(b) She chooses students who earn good grades in all their classes.
(c) She chooses students who are loners or outsiders.
(d) She chooses students who can afford to pay her on a regular basis.
4. According to Nafisi, how is the character of Lolita like Nafisi's students?
(a) Lolita and Nafisi's students are perfect images of the ideal woman in a totalitarian regime.
(b) Lolita and Nafisi's students are both stuck in the past, unable to accept present conditions.
(c) Lolita and Nafisi's students are props in someone else's quest to find the perfect image.
(d) Lolita and Nafisi's students both exhibit characteristics of heroism in dealing with their past.
5. According to Nafisi, how is Yassi like Lolita?
(a) Both girls have had their lives changed by reading books.
(b) Both girls have been deprived of the beauty of an ordinary, everyday life.
(c) Both girls are reflections of Nafisi's personal experiences.
(d) Both girls have been raped by older men.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Iranian authorities view the country's past?
2. Why is Nafisi worried about her students?
3. Why was Nafisi's father arrested?
4. What do the class members take turns doing each week?
5. What scene opens Chapter 12?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)