|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 1 - 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would happen if the "Blood of God" militia saw a girl with nail polish or a strand of loose hair?
(a) The girl would be punished and humiliated for violating laws.
(b) The girl would be beheaded as an example of an evil woman.
(c) The girl would be escorted home, where her family would forbid her to go out of the house unescorted.
(d) The militia would not permit the girl to continue studying literature.
2. Why are Nafisi's students like ghosts when they are walking through the streets of Tehran?
(a) Because they wear a veil, their skin is very white like a ghost.
(b) They hope to be invisible to the militia and arrive at their destination without confrontation.
(c) They have learned to walk with a gliding motion, barely touching the ground.
(d) Their black clothes hide them when they are walking at night.
3. Who are the Mujahedeen?
(a) A radical religious organization that claims to be the spiritual and political heir of the deceased Ayatollah Taleghani.
(b) The leaders of the University of Tehran.
(c) A group called the Party of Allah.
(d) The members of a radical student organization at the University of Tehran.
4. Nassrin describes herself as being in the middle of what for her whole life?
(a) In the middle of safety and danger.
(b) In the middle of tradition and change.
(c) In the middle of fiction and reality.
(d) In the middle of insubordination and obedience.
5. What do the class members take turns doing each week?
(a) They take turns providing pastry for breaks.
(b) They take turns telling their private stories.
(c) They take turns reading a published copy of "Lolita."
(d) They take turns leading the group discussion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 12 takes place during which season?
2. What is the relationship between Nafisi and her first husband?
3. Who is Mike Gold?
4. When the intruders enter Nafisi's house, what happens?
5. Why is it so difficult to find a copy of "Lolita" in Tehran?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)