|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapters 6 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nafisi see a parallel between Humbert and contemporary Iranian society?
(a) Because Humbert's actions would be prohibited in Iranian society.
(b) Because members of Iranian society would act like Humbert if they were permitted to do so.
(c) Because Humbert and the ayatollahs share similar views about sex.
(d) Because the ayatollahs also blame others and hide the truth.
2. How does the professor solve problems of literary criticism?
(a) By telling students that literary criticism is not important.
(b) By finding critical essays that support his viewpoint.
(c) By talking to his colleagues on the University faculty.
(d) By asking the class to vote on matters of interpretation.
3. In Chapter 20, Nafisi tells a story about what event that happened to Manna and Nima?
(a) They were expelled from the university.
(b) They were kicked out of the study group.
(c) They began to become more orthodox.
(d) They realized that literature is not as important as survival.
4. In "Lolita," how does Humbert attempt to gain the reader's sympathy?
(a) By making Lolita seem undesirable.
(b) By blaming himself for all of Lolita's problems.
(c) By always talking in the first person.
(d) By making Lolita seem highly desirable.
5. What causes Manna and Nima to fall in love?
(a) They share a passion for the revolutionary cause.
(b) They share a common passion for literature.
(c) They are in the same literature study group.
(d) They see parallels between their lives and the lives of Humbert and Lolita.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the villain in "Lolita"?
2. What object becomes popular in Iran?
3. What does Nafisi's study group conclude about "Lolita"?
4. Who is Mrs. Rezvan?
5. How does Part 3, Chapter 11 begin?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)