|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapters 6 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the literature professor dislike Manna and Nima?
(a) They are falling in love during his class.
(b) They dislike reading the literature he assigns.
(c) They write papers that disagree with his views.
(d) They are not able to write well.
2. Why does the professor ask Nima if his wife brainwashed him?
(a) Because Nima and his wife both voted against the professor's views.
(b) Because the professor valued the opinions of women more than the opinions of men.
(c) Because the professor believed Nima's wife was a better student.
(d) Because Nima always relied on his wife to answer questions.
3. How does Part 3, Chapter 11 begin?
(a) With a quote from "Daisy Miller."
(b) With a student talking in Nafisi's classroom.
(c) With the announcement that accompanies air raid sirens.
(d) With Nafisi standing in her apartment.
4. Who is the villain in "Lolita"?
(b) The individual with the imaginative mind.
(d) The director of the summer camp.
5. In Part 3, Chapter 9, what author does Nafisi discuss with the magician?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Nafisi meet with in Part 3, Chapter 10?
2. In Chapter 20, Nafisi tells a story about what event that happened to Manna and Nima?
3. What does Nafisi consider to be the first lesson in democracy?
4. How does the professor solve problems of literary criticism?
5. What does Nafisi describe as the crux of the problem in "Lolita"?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)