|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapters 6 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Part 3, Chapter 11 begin?
(a) With the announcement that accompanies air raid sirens.
(b) With a student talking in Nafisi's classroom.
(c) With a quote from "Daisy Miller."
(d) With Nafisi standing in her apartment.
2. In "Lolita," how does Humbert attempt to gain the reader's sympathy?
(a) By always talking in the first person.
(b) By blaming himself for all of Lolita's problems.
(c) By making Lolita seem highly desirable.
(d) By making Lolita seem undesirable.
3. Who is Mrs. Rezvan?
(a) A colleague of one of Nafisi's former students, who tries to get Nafisi to return to teaching.
(b) The mother of one of Nafisi's former students, who tries to get Nafisi to start a study group.
(c) The wife of one of Nafisi's former students.
(d) One of Nafisi's former students.
4. Who is the villain in "Lolita"?
(a) The director of the summer camp.
(b) The individual with the imaginative mind.
5. What does Nafisi's study group conclude about "Lolita"?
(a) She was a highly desirable but difficult young woman.
(b) She was the victim of two crimes, losing her life and her own life story.
(c) She was not the victim she always claimed to be.
(d) She was a despicable and shallow girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Nafisi and the magician share on their first meeting in his apartment?
2. Why does Nafisi see a parallel between Humbert and contemporary Iranian society?
3. What object becomes popular in Iran?
4. Why does the literature professor dislike Manna and Nima?
5. What causes Manna and Nima to fall in love?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)