|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapters 6 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 3, Chapter 6, why does Nafisi join a group?
(a) To teach classic works of English literature.
(b) To read and study classic works of English literature.
(c) To learn more about the principles of Islam.
(d) To read and study classical Persian literature.
2. Why does the literature professor dislike Manna and Nima?
(a) They dislike reading the literature he assigns.
(b) They write papers that disagree with his views.
(c) They are falling in love during his class.
(d) They are not able to write well.
3. Why does Nafisi see a parallel between Humbert and contemporary Iranian society?
(a) Because the ayatollahs also blame others and hide the truth.
(b) Because Humbert and the ayatollahs share similar views about sex.
(c) Because members of Iranian society would act like Humbert if they were permitted to do so.
(d) Because Humbert's actions would be prohibited in Iranian society.
4. What do Nafisi and the magician share on their first meeting in his apartment?
(a) Coffee and books.
(b) Newspapers from foreign countries.
(c) A foreign movie.
(d) Tea and a box of foreign chocolates.
5. How does the professor solve problems of literary criticism?
(a) By asking the class to vote on matters of interpretation.
(b) By telling students that literary criticism is not important.
(c) By talking to his colleagues on the University faculty.
(d) By finding critical essays that support his viewpoint.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nafisi describe as the crux of the problem in "Lolita"?
2. Who is the villain in "Lolita"?
3. Who does Nafisi meet with in Part 3, Chapter 10?
4. What object becomes popular in Iran?
5. How does Part 3, Chapter 11 begin?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)