|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapters 6 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Nafisi meet with in Part 3, Chapter 10?
(a) Officials at a local university.
(b) Her study group.
(c) Local religious leaders.
(d) The magician.
2. What does Nafisi's study group conclude about "Lolita"?
(a) She was a highly desirable but difficult young woman.
(b) She was a despicable and shallow girl.
(c) She was not the victim she always claimed to be.
(d) She was the victim of two crimes, losing her life and her own life story.
3. Why does the professor ask Nima if his wife brainwashed him?
(a) Because Nima and his wife both voted against the professor's views.
(b) Because the professor believed Nima's wife was a better student.
(c) Because the professor valued the opinions of women more than the opinions of men.
(d) Because Nima always relied on his wife to answer questions.
4. How does the professor solve problems of literary criticism?
(a) By telling students that literary criticism is not important.
(b) By finding critical essays that support his viewpoint.
(c) By talking to his colleagues on the University faculty.
(d) By asking the class to vote on matters of interpretation.
5. What do Nafisi and the magician share on their first meeting in his apartment?
(a) Tea and a box of foreign chocolates.
(b) A foreign movie.
(c) Coffee and books.
(d) Newspapers from foreign countries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object becomes popular in Iran?
2. In Part 3, Chapter 6, why does Nafisi join a group?
3. What does Nafisi consider to be the first lesson in democracy?
4. In Part 3, Chapter 9, what author does Nafisi discuss with the magician?
5. How does Part 3, Chapter 11 begin?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)