Part 1: Chapter 1 | Part 1: Chapter 2
• After resigning from the University of Tehran, Nafisi forms a group of seven female students to study literature in her home.
• Before she leaves Tehran for the United States, Nafisi takes two photographs of the students.
• In Tehran, Nafisi's apartment serves as an intellectual oasis for the seven students.
Part 1: Chapter 3 | Part 1: Chapter 4
• Nafisi sets the stage for the first day of class for the study group.
• Nafisi reflects on the reasons she resigned from teaching at the University of Tehran.
• The seven students are chosen because they were outsiders or loners.
• All the students in the group are female, because a group of men and women would arouse suspicion.
• Nafisi describes individual characteristics of the students.
Part 1: Chapter 5 | Part 1: Chapter 6
• The students are nervous about meeting in a private, somewhat dangerous setting.
• The first work the class discusses is "A Thousand and One...
This section contains 3,078 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)