|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 13, the trials move to a new location. Where does the trial take place?
2. What is unusual about Michael's father's relationship with his children?
(a) He refuses to speak with them.
(b) He will only speak to one child at a time.
(c) He never speaks to his children at home.
(d) He requires them to make appointments to speak with him.
3. In what language does Michael have to read the survivor's book?
4. Where do the trials take place?
(a) In Berlin, Germany.
(b) In another town, an hour away.
(c) In another town, five hours away.
(d) In Poland.
5. What is the first thing the narrator notices when he returns to Frau Schmitz's apartment in Chapter 6?
(a) Frau Schmitz is not home.
(b) The apartment is slated for demolition.
(c) That no apartment existed.
(d) The apartment has new inhabitants.
6. How many times does Hanna look at Michael during the trial?
(b) Three times.
7. In what month do the relocated trials take place?
8. How old is Hanna, and when did she join the SS, as described in Part 2, Chapter 3?
(a) She is now 43, she joined the SS when she was 21.
(b) She is now 41, she joined the SS when she was 21.
(c) She is now 50, she joined the SS when she was 21.
(d) She is now 45, she joined the SS when she was 30.
9. At what age did Hanna join the army?
10. What floor in the apartment building is the narrator directed to go in the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) The third floor.
(b) The second floor.
(c) The basement.
(d) The fourth floor.
11. What causes Hanna to say she wrote the report?
(a) The prosecutor makes her admit it.
(b) The prosecutor wants to call the survivors as witnesses.
(c) The prosectuor wants to administer a handwriting test.
(d) The prosecutor identifies her as being the only one available.
12. According to the daughter, how could the prisoners have saved themselves?
(a) By immediately getting together to break down the doors of the church.
(b) By begging the guards for mercy.
(c) By poisoning the guards.
(d) By immediately getting together to plot against the guards.
13. What does Michael leave for Hanna when they are in Amorbach?
(a) A book.
(b) A flower.
(c) A note that says he will return shortly with breakfast.
(d) A note telling her he can no longer see her.
14. What does Michael steal for Hanna while at the department store with his sister?
(a) A pair of stockings.
(b) A silk nightgown.
(c) A silk scarf.
(d) A sweater.
15. What illness does the narrator suffer from in Chapter 1?
(b) Liver disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what book is the class translating?
2. In Chapter 15, what does Sophie ask Michael?
3. What happens to the narrator after he takes a bath?
4. Where is Hanna from?
5. How does Michael feel he "betrays" Hanna?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)