|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Michael feel he "betrays" Hanna?
(a) By telling his friends about her.
(b) By telling his family about her.
(c) By not telling anyone about her.
(d) By lying to her.
2. What does Hanna ask the presiding judge during the trial?
(a) "Did I have a choice?"
(b) "What would you have done?"
(c) "Why are you punishing me?"
(d) "What was I supposed to do?"
3. In Part 2, Chapter 13, the trials move to a new location. Where does the trial take place?
4. What does the survivor finally remember during the trial, and what does Hanna do after the survivor tells the court this?
(a) The survivor remembers that Hanna had the prisoners read aloud to her, and Hanna turns to look at Michael.
(b) The survivor remembers Hanna was never present at the selections, and Hanna begins to cry.
(c) The survivor remembers that Hanna was never present at the selections, and Hanna turns to look at Michael.
(d) The survivor remembers that Hanna had the prisoners read aloud to her, and Hanna begins to cry.
5. Where does Michael see Hanna again, in Part 2, Chapter 2?
(a) A classroom.
(b) A mental institution.
(c) A courtroom.
(d) A hospital.
6. What does the man in charge of the streetcar company tell Michael?
(a) That Hanna never picked up her last check.
(b) That Hanna had asked for a promotion.
(c) That Hanna never worked for him.
(d) That Hanna told him she would not be coming back to work.
7. What does the owner of the apartment building tell Michael?
(a) Hanna has moved out.
(b) Hanna is in the hospital.
(c) Hanna has died.
(d) Hanna is in jail.
8. To whom does Michael try to talk about his feelings regarding his epiphany about Hanna with?
(a) His family.
(b) The judge.
(d) His friends.
9. What is the narrator carrying to give to Frau Schmitz in Chapter 3?
(a) A box of chocolates.
(b) A letter.
(c) A bunch of flowers.
(d) A book.
10. By what name is one of the guards known in the survivor's book?
11. In Chapter 13, what book is the class translating?
(a) Romeo and Juliet.
(b) The Iliad.
(c) The Odyssey.
(d) War and Peace.
12. Where do the trials take place?
(a) In Berlin, Germany.
(b) In another town, five hours away.
(c) In Poland.
(d) In another town, an hour away.
13. What does Michael wear?
(a) Well-cut suits handed down from a rich uncle.
(b) A workman's uniform.
(c) Jeans and button-down shirts.
(d) A school uniform.
14. What does Michael feel upon seeing Hanna again?
15. How long does the narrator wait before going back to Frau Schmitz's apartment?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One week.
(c) Four weeks.
(d) Five weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator do when Frau Schmitz catches him staring at her in Chapter 4?
2. What does Hanna do to Michael when he returns to their hotel room in Chapter 11?
3. What illness does the narrator suffer from in Chapter 1?
4. As described in Part 2, Chapter 11, what does Michael feel he should do regarding his epiphany about Hanna?
5. What floor in the apartment building is the narrator directed to go in the beginning of Chapter 3?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)