|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Frau Schmitz doing when she lets the narrator into the apartment?
(d) Doing dishes.
2. What does the narrator say about the night after he took the bath in Frau Schmitz's apartment?
(a) He thinks Frau Schmitz might dislike him.
(b) He thinks Frau Schmitz is too old for him.
(c) He never wants to see Frau Schmitz again.
(d) He fell in love with Frau Schmitz.
3. To whom does Michael try to talk about his feelings regarding his epiphany about Hanna with?
(b) The judge.
(c) His friends.
(d) His family.
4. What does Hanna do to Michael when he returns to their hotel room in Chapter 11?
(a) She kicks him.
(b) She hits him with a leather belt.
(c) She slaps him.
(d) She leaves him at the hotel.
5. Who does the plump defendant identify as writing the SS report?
(a) The commander.
(d) A guard.
6. What is the girl's name who sits next to Michael in their class?
7. What is the narrator's name, and how old does Hanna think he is?
(a) His name is Michael Bern, and she thinks he is 15.
(b) His name is Michael Berg, and she thinks he is 19.
(c) His name is Michael Bern, and she thinks he is 17.
(d) His name is Michael Berg, and she thinks he is 17.
8. Why were the defendants transferred from Auschwitz in 1944?
(a) As punishment for a poor performance at Auschwitz.
(b) To replace guards who fell ill.
(c) To replace guards who were killed or injured in a factory bombing.
(d) To replace guards who were killed by the Liberation.
9. In what year of school does Michael enter into in Chapter 13?
(a) 12th grade.
(c) 11th grade.
(d) 10th grade.
10. What does Michael shout out in his sleep, according to his brother?
(a) Sophie's name.
(b) Cries of pain.
(c) Hanna's name.
(d) Quotes from a play.
11. On the night Michael cooks dinner for Hanna, in what room does he find her lingering?
(a) His bedroom.
(b) The bathroom.
(c) His father's study.
(d) His parent's bedroom.
12. As described in Part 2, Chapter 11, what does Michael feel he should do regarding his epiphany about Hanna?
(a) Become a witness in the trial.
(b) Go to the judge to tell him Hanna is innocent.
(c) Go to the judge and testify against Hanna.
(d) To go to the judge to tell him Hanna is illiterate and could not have written the report.
13. What lie does Hanna tell to Michael in Chapter 11?
(a) She tells him she cannot read.
(b) She tells him she does not work as a streetcar conductor.
(c) She tells him she doesn't love him.
(d) She tells him she never saw a note.
14. How many times does Hanna look at Michael during the trial?
(c) Three times.
15. In Chapter 15, what does Sophie ask Michael?
(a) If he is still ill, and if that is the reason why he comes and goes as he pleases.
(b) If he is lying to her about where he is.
(c) If he is in love with her.
(d) If he would like to have a relationship with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Michael see Hanna in this place?
2. What decision does Michael make at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 12?
3. According to the daughter, how could the prisoners have saved themselves?
4. What is the first article of clothing Frau Schmitz puts on to get ready to leave the apartment in Chapter 4?
5. At the end of Chapter 16, who does Michael see during one afternoon at the pool?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)