|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michael steal for Hanna while at the department store with his sister?
(a) A silk nightgown.
(b) A silk scarf.
(c) A sweater.
(d) A pair of stockings.
2. What does the man in charge of the streetcar company tell Michael?
(a) That Hanna had asked for a promotion.
(b) That Hanna never worked for him.
(c) That Hanna told him she would not be coming back to work.
(d) That Hanna never picked up her last check.
3. What does Michael learn from the citizens' registration office?
(a) That Hanna has moved to France.
(b) That Hanna has died.
(c) That Hanna has moved to Hamburg.
(d) That Hanna is in jail.
4. What is the first article of clothing Frau Schmitz puts on to get ready to leave the apartment in Chapter 4?
5. What is the narrator carrying to give to Frau Schmitz in Chapter 3?
(a) A bunch of flowers.
(b) A letter.
(c) A box of chocolates.
(d) A book.
6. How does the narrator describe the feeling he gets from his father regarding their family?
(a) He feels they are like friends to his father, rather than family.
(b) He feels they are cherished by his father.
(c) He feels they are like pets to his father.
(d) He feels they are like burdens to his father.
7. What day of the week does Michael have a break from the trials and his studies?
8. What does Michael leave for Hanna when they are in Amorbach?
(a) A flower.
(b) A note that says he will return shortly with breakfast.
(c) A note telling her he can no longer see her.
(d) A book.
9. When is the indictment read?
(a) After a month of trials.
(b) During the third week of the trial.
(c) During the second week of the trial.
(d) During the first week of the trial.
10. What is the girl's name who sits next to Michael in their class?
11. While wandering in the woods, what is Michael's epiphany?
(a) That Hanna was never in love with him.
(b) That Hanna could not read or write.
(c) That Hanna could not speak English.
(d) That Hanna had killed Jews.
12. What is the first thing the narrator notices when he returns to Frau Schmitz's apartment in Chapter 6?
(a) The apartment is slated for demolition.
(b) The apartment has new inhabitants.
(c) That no apartment existed.
(d) Frau Schmitz is not home.
13. How old is Hanna, and when did she join the SS, as described in Part 2, Chapter 3?
(a) She is now 45, she joined the SS when she was 30.
(b) She is now 41, she joined the SS when she was 21.
(c) She is now 43, she joined the SS when she was 21.
(d) She is now 50, she joined the SS when she was 21.
14. What excuse does the narrator give for being late to dinner with his family?
(a) He met a woman.
(b) He lost his way and had to walk home from Nussloch.
(c) He forgot where Blumenstrasse was.
(d) He had to study after school.
15. By what name is one of the guards known in the survivor's book?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the daughter, how could the prisoners have saved themselves?
2. What does Michael wear?
3. How old is Hanna?
4. In Chapter 16, what does Hanna want to do instead of reading?
5. What play did Michael and Hanna see at the theater?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)