|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What lie does Hanna tell to Michael in Chapter 11?
(a) She tells him she cannot read.
(b) She tells him she does not work as a streetcar conductor.
(c) She tells him she doesn't love him.
(d) She tells him she never saw a note.
2. What does Michael keep in the notebook?
(a) A record of all the books he's read to Hanna.
(b) A record of Hanna's trial.
(c) All of his daughter's drawings.
(d) A record of all the trials he's been to.
3. What decision does Michael make at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 12?
(a) He decides to speak to Hanna.
(b) He decides to speak to Sophie.
(c) He decides to speak to his father.
(d) He decides to speak to his mother.
4. What does Michael's wife say about his choice of job?
(a) It is an escape to get past the memory of Hanna.
(b) It is a rewarding position.
(c) It is an escape from the realities of life.
(d) It is a noble pursuit.
5. At the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 16, what does Michael say he couldn't "make himself do"?
(a) Talk to the judge.
(b) Talk to his father.
(c) Visit Sophie.
(d) Visit Hanna.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the survivor finally remember during the trial, and what does Hanna do after the survivor tells the court this?
2. What does the narrator do when Frau Schmitz catches him staring at her in Chapter 4?
3. On the night Michael cooks dinner for Hanna, in what room does he find her lingering?
4. What is Hanna's answer to the judge's question, "why did you not unlock the doors?"
5. Where does Michael spend the summer after the trial?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)