|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 16, what does Michael tell himself he has to do regarding the trial?
(a) Prevent himself from failing law school.
(b) Prevent a miscarriage of justice.
(c) Prevent Hanna from going to jail.
(d) Prevent his father from dying.
2. Where did Hanna serve?
(a) At Auschwitz and a small camp near Berlin.
(b) At Auschwitz and a small camp near Cracow.
(c) Only at Auschwitz.
(d) Only at Struthof-Natzweiler.
3. How does the narrator describe the feeling he gets from his father regarding their family?
(a) He feels they are like pets to his father.
(b) He feels they are cherished by his father.
(c) He feels they are like burdens to his father.
(d) He feels they are like friends to his father, rather than family.
4. What happens on the day in July when Michael leaves a pool party to be with Hanna?
(a) He falls in love with Sophie.
(b) She doesn't realize that it is his birthday.
(c) He tells her he can no longer continue to see her.
(d) She gets very ill.
5. What is the narrator's name, and how old does Hanna think he is?
(a) His name is Michael Berg, and she thinks he is 17.
(b) His name is Michael Bern, and she thinks he is 17.
(c) His name is Michael Bern, and she thinks he is 15.
(d) His name is Michael Berg, and she thinks he is 19.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year of school does Michael enter into in Chapter 13?
2. What does Michael feel upon seeing Hanna again?
3. What, at first, does Michael decide to be Hanna's motive?
4. How old is Hanna, and when did she join the SS, as described in Part 2, Chapter 3?
5. What does the narrator say about the night after he took the bath in Frau Schmitz's apartment?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)