|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it that makes the new house in Beldover feel like a home to the Brangwen children?
(a) Their stuffed animals are in their beds
(b) All their belongings are in place
(c) The intimacy of Anna and William
(d) Their books are in the bookcase
2. What does Anton write in a letter to Ursula after he goes back to the army?
(a) He wants to marry her.
(b) He loves her.
(c) He doesn't want to see her anymore.
(d) He might have to go to war in South Africa.
3. What does Ursula try to figure out as she lies with a fever in bed?
(a) How to break away from Skrebensky
(b) How to get to India to be with Anton
(c) How she will raise her baby with Anton
(d) How she will accept life as a wife and mother
4. Why does Maggie feel betrayed when Ursula spends time with Anthony?
(a) Maggie is jealous of the attention Anthony gives to Ursula.
(b) Maggie wants to spend more time with Ursula.
(c) Maggie thinks they are talking behind her back.
(d) Maggie and Anthony are at odds with one another.
5. Why is Lydia thankful to Tom for the life he gave her?
(a) Because he gave her all the money she needed
(b) Because he let her be herself
(c) Because she was secure in his dominance
(d) Because he let her live in his shadow
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lydia's advice for Ursula as they discuss Lydia's life with her husbands?
2. How does Tom Brangwen die after returning home from Nottingham?
3. Where does Ursula's school mistress invite her to go on Saturday?
4. What is Ursula's view of religious scripture?
5. What conclusion does Ursula come to about men and love?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)