|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ursula's first impression of Mr. Skrebensky?
(a) He is a buffoon.
(b) He is worried about what others think of him.
(c) He is sure of himself.
(d) He is timid.
2. What conclusion does Ursula come to about men and love?
(a) A woman can love only one man
(b) Men do not love, only dominate
(c) No one is ever really in love
(d) There are many men to love, not just one
3. What kind of teacher does Ursula dream she will be?
(a) She will go through the motions with no enthusiasm.
(b) She will remain distant from the children.
(c) She will make learning clear, interesting and personal.
(d) She will keep a strict classroom.
4. How does Anna react to the position of hand-work instructor in Nottingham for which William applies?
(a) She says that William can go, but she is staying.
(b) She wants to stay in Cossethay.
(c) She is ready for change and a move.
(d) She says that she cannot uproot the children.
5. What is the great peace that Ursula finds when she visits her grandmother in her bedroom on Marsh farm?
(a) To know she can have all the sweets she wants
(b) To know her own importance within all those who lived before her
(c) To know that her grandmother loves her
(d) To know she will get anything she wants from her grandmother
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it about Christmas day that disappoints the Brangwens?
2. What does Anton tell Ursula after she tells him that she does not ever want to get married?
3. Ursula resigns herself to teaching until she can do what?
4. What is the vision the author gives of life if one looks at the Resurrection as life, not death?
5. What does Anton believe Ursula wants to do to him, even though they are lovers?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)