|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Theresa's temperament?
(a) She is war-like
(b) She is very friendly.
(c) She is timid.
(d) She is shy.
2. What does Mr. Harby give to Ursula on her last day of school?
(a) A Bible
(b) A dictionary
(c) A new pen
(d) Two books of poetry, signed by all the teachers
3. What type of child is Gudrun?
(a) She lives in a fantasy world.
(b) She is violent.
(c) She is not trustworthy.
(d) She is realistic.
4. What is Ursula's reaction after boys from her class throw stones at her in the street?
(a) She gives up on her teaching job.
(b) She begs the children to work hard.
(c) She becomes hard and impersonal.
(d) She asks the boys in the class who threw the stones.
5. With whom do the Brangwen girls have a feud?
(a) The schoolteacher
(b) The Phillips girls
(c) The Phillips boys
(d) The vicar's children
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ursula refuse Anthony's proposal of marriage?
2. Why is Ursula consumed with a fear of herself when she and Anton are in the cornstacks after the wedding?
3. Why does Lydia feel sorry for her first husband, Paul Lensky?
4. What does Anton believe Ursula wants to do to him, even though they are lovers?
5. What does Anton write in a letter to Ursula after he goes back to the army?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)