|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of teacher does Ursula dream she will be?
(a) She will remain distant from the children.
(b) She will make learning clear, interesting and personal.
(c) She will go through the motions with no enthusiasm.
(d) She will keep a strict classroom.
2. What does Mr. Harby give to Ursula on her last day of school?
(a) A dictionary
(b) A Bible
(c) Two books of poetry, signed by all the teachers
(d) A new pen
3. What is Lydia's advice for Ursula as they discuss Lydia's life with her husbands?
(a) Take all the blame for things that go wrong.
(b) Depend upon the people around you.
(c) Life goes on and don't take too much upon yourself.
(d) Be responsible for everyone around you.
4. What is Ursula's view of religious scripture?
(a) It is to be taken literally.
(b) It is to be strictly followed.
(c) It is just a collection of stories.
(d) It is not to be taken literally.
5. How does Anton react when he is away from Ursula after their affair in London and Paris?
(a) He is glad to be alone.
(b) He feels dead, extinct and sterile.
(c) He needs this time to think.
(d) He is exhilarated and happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it about Christmas day that disappoints the Brangwens?
2. What type of child is Gudrun?
3. What brings Anton Skrebensky back to the Marsh farm after he returns to the army?
4. What is Ursula's first impression of Mr. Skrebensky?
5. Where does the Brangwen family move when William gets his new position?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)