|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ursula's impression of the colliers when she and Winifred go to her Uncle Tom's house in Wiggiston?
(a) They seem like creatures without hope.
(b) They are crude and angry.
(c) They are friendly and happy.
(d) They are dirty and poorly dressed.
2. What does Ursula tell Anton in the letter she sends to him?
(a) She hopes he is happy in his new marriage.
(b) She misses him.
(c) She found a new lover.
(d) She is pregnant and wants to marry him.
3. Why is Ursula consumed with a fear of herself when she and Anton are in the cornstacks after the wedding?
(a) She has broken Anton, abating his fire.
(b) She is afraid she won't be good enough for Anton.
(c) She is afraid of what she might do.
(d) She is afraid she will say something foolish.
4. What is it about Christmas day that disappoints the Brangwens?
(a) The Christmas feast is not as big as usual.
(b) They did not receive the gifts they hoped for.
(c) The hope of peace and ecstasy fades away.
(d) Their father is not home.
5. What does Fred do after his father's death?
(a) He throws himself into restoring the farm.
(b) He moves away from Marsh farm.
(c) He becomes depressed and indifferent toward the farm.
(d) He becomes abusive toward his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Christian life affect the Brangwens?
2. What is Ursula's secret weapon toward independence if her studies do not work out?
3. What happens after Ursula writes a passionate love letter to Winifred?
4. What does Ursula feel after her first kiss with Skrebensky?
5. How does Ursula manage to keep order in her classroom?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)