|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What keeps Ursula from giving up her studies for the matriculation examination even though they are such a drudgery?
(a) She wants to make her father proud.
(b) It keeps her mind off Anton.
(c) Her quest for complete independence
(d) She is competing with Gudrun.
2. What does Anton believe Ursula wants to do to him, even though they are lovers?
(a) Destroy his being
(b) Insult his beliefs
(c) Dominate him
(d) Leave him for someone else
3. What is the great peace that Ursula finds when she visits her grandmother in her bedroom on Marsh farm?
(a) To know her own importance within all those who lived before her
(b) To know she can have all the sweets she wants
(c) To know that her grandmother loves her
(d) To know she will get anything she wants from her grandmother
4. How does Ursula feel about college as she prepares for her final examination?
(a) She thinks college is a sham.
(b) She is as excited as the first day of college
(c) College is the reality of life.
(d) Her studies are the truth of life.
5. What conclusion does Ursula come to about men and love?
(a) There are many men to love, not just one
(b) No one is ever really in love
(c) A woman can love only one man
(d) Men do not love, only dominate
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Brangwen family move when William gets his new position?
2. What is Ursula's impression of the colliers when she and Winifred go to her Uncle Tom's house in Wiggiston?
3. Ursula resigns herself to teaching until she can do what?
4. What do Maggie and Ursula talk about when Ursula visits Belcote?
5. What is Ursula's reaction after boys from her class throw stones at her in the street?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)