|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Anna feel about herself as she drives to the wedding with her father?
(a) She is embarrassed by her father's crassness.
(b) She is nervous and self-conscious.
(c) She feels ugly and inferior.
(d) She is ecstatic, feeling lovely and flamboyant.
2. How does William become reborn, learning to be himself and alone?
(a) He forces Anna to sleep in another room.
(b) He goes to church every day.
(c) He leaves Anna for two weeks.
(d) Anna forces him to sleep alone.
3. How does Tom feel about himself after meeting Alfred's lover, the lady, Mrs. Forbes?
(a) He regrets taking over the farm and not making more of his life.
(b) He is glad he has the quiet life of a farmer.
(c) He is content with his way of life.
(d) He is thankful that he doesn't need to live up to a lady's expectations.
4. What does Will ask Mr. and Mrs. Brangwen after he and Anna kiss in the cornfield?
(a) He asks if he can work on the farm.
(b) He asks for her hand in marriage.
(c) He asks if he can court Anna.
(d) He asks that they tell Anna he is leaving.
5. How does Anna feel about Tom after the baby is born?
(a) She ignores him.
(b) She still resents him.
(c) She grows to love him, spending more time with him.
(d) She wants to move away from him with her mother and the baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anna find refreshing about the Skrebensky's relationship?
2. Who dominates the whole wedding party?
3. How does Lydia emerge from her indifference, becoming a new person?
4. What is Anna's initial reaction to her mother's marriage to Tom?
5. What does William do to help him stop worrying about life and relaxing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain William's feelings toward Anna as she discusses the wood carvings in the cathedral.
2. Describe the hatred that grows in seventeen-year-old, Anna, toward her mother.
3. Compare the way Anna and William view Lincoln Cathedral as they walk through the doors.
4. How does William react when he sees Anna dancing naked in the bedroom?
5. After the birth of their son, Lydia does have the passion for Tom that she once had. How does he deal with the desires he has for his wife?
6. Explain why William feels guilty when he looks out the door after his marriage to Anna.
7. Describe the toast Tom gives at Anna's wedding party?
8. Describe Anna's emotions as her parents build a life together.
9. What is it that finally allows Anna to give up her adventurous spirit and wonder of life?
10. Describe the situation that hardens Ursula to the outside world.
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)