|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tom feel about himself after meeting Alfred's lover, the lady, Mrs. Forbes?
(a) He is content with his way of life.
(b) He is glad he has the quiet life of a farmer.
(c) He regrets taking over the farm and not making more of his life.
(d) He is thankful that he doesn't need to live up to a lady's expectations.
2. How does Tom think his brother Alfred feels about him?
(a) Loves him
(b) Despises him a little
(c) Sees him as a child
(d) Favors him over Frank
3. What is Tom's attitude toward his own life while his wife is miserable?
(a) He doesn't care that his wife is in misery.
(b) He keeps the pain at the bottom of his heart and enjoys his life.
(c) He is always happy.
(d) He is moody and miserable too.
4. How does Anna feel about people she meets outside the Marsh farm?
(a) She enjoys conversing with other people.
(b) She loves other people.
(c) She is very friendly when meeting other people.
(d) She thinks they belittle her and despises them.
5. What does Will Brangwen feel guilty about while he is on his honeymoon?
(a) For never wanting to go back to the world
(b) For wanting Anna so much
(c) For shutting himself off from the world
(d) For ignoring Anna
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Anna react as she sits at the bar while Tom goes to sell his cow at the cattle market?
2. What is Ursula's impression of her father?
3. Where is Anna's favorite place to stop on the way to the cattle market?
4. What does Anna find refreshing about the Skrebensky's relationship?
5. What does William witness that torments him for the rest of his life?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain William's relationship with Ursula after the birth of Gudrun.
2. What is it that finally allows Anna to give up her adventurous spirit and wonder of life?
3. Explain why William feels guilty when he looks out the door after his marriage to Anna.
4. Describe what becomes of Lydia's first two children while she is living in Poland with her husband Paul.
5. What is Tom's reaction when Anna hysterically screams that he is not her father?
6. After the birth of their son, Lydia does have the passion for Tom that she once had. How does he deal with the desires he has for his wife?
7. Explain William's feelings toward Anna as she discusses the wood carvings in the cathedral.
8. Describe the situation that hardens Ursula to the outside world.
9. Describe the relationship of William and Anna as the days go on.
10. Explain the relationship between Lydia and Tom after two years of marriage.
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)