|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dominates the whole wedding party?
(a) Alfred Brangwen's wife
(b) Anna and William
(c) Lydia Brangwen
(d) Tom, Alfred, and Frank Brangwen
2. Where is Anna's favorite place to stop on the way to the cattle market?
3. What does William do to help him stop worrying about life and relaxing?
(a) He rides his horse through the country side.
(b) He goes for long walks.
(c) He visits his local church which he loves.
(d) He carves wood.
4. How does William's relationship with Ursula change after the birth of Gudrun?
(a) He takes her to his heart.
(b) He begins to hate Ursula.
(c) Everything Ursula does irritates him.
(d) He ignores her in favor of Gudrun.
5. How does Lydia act toward Tom when she becomes pregnant?
(a) She wants to be with Tom constantly.
(b) She becomes silent and distant.
(c) She is constantly talking about the new baby.
(d) She is full of life and laughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Anna's reaction when Tom carries her into the barn?
2. What does Will discover about himself as he kisses Anna in the moonlight?
3. What is the first woodworking gift Will gives to Anna?
4. Who invites Anna and William to visit them in Briswell?
5. How does Tom think his brother Alfred feels about him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the relationship of William and Anna as the days go on.
2. What is Tom's reaction when Anna hysterically screams that he is not her father?
3. Describe the impression Anna has of Baron Skrebensky and his new wife, Millicent with regard to their relationship.
4. Describe Anna's emotional state when her mother marries Tom Brangwen.
5. Summarize Anna's inner feelings when she is sent to a young ladies school in Nottingham.
6. Describe the situation that hardens Ursula to the outside world.
7. Describe Anna's emotions as her parents build a life together.
8. Why do eleven of the men from the wedding party go to Anna and William's cottage?
9. Explain how the Brangwens come into more money as they live on the Marsh farm.
10. Are Anna and William satisfied with their lives?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)