|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the description of the relationship between Anna and William in this chapter?
(a) It is carefree and loving.
(b) It is full of love and conflict.
(c) It is an equal partnership.
(d) It is full of humor and longing.
2. What is the question William asks himself when he and Anna are constantly tormenting one another?
(a) How can he be nicer to Anna?
(b) Will the baby bring them together?
(c) What gift can he get for Anna?
(d) Why can't he leave her?
3. When do Effie and Tom begin fiercely quarreling with each other?
(a) After the death of their mother
(b) After their father breaks his neck
(c) When Tom gets back from school
(d) When Effie becomes engaged
4. What does William do to help him stop worrying about life and relaxing?
(a) He visits his local church which he loves.
(b) He rides his horse through the country side.
(c) He carves wood.
(d) He goes for long walks.
5. What does Will discover about himself as he kisses Anna in the moonlight?
(a) He wants her desperately.
(b) He loves Anna.
(c) He does not want Anna.
(d) He doesn't care for Anna.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Ursula when a third child is born to Anna and William?
2. How does William become reborn, learning to be himself and alone?
3. What does Anna find refreshing about the Skrebensky's relationship?
4. Why does the town of Cossethay grow quickly, making the Brangwen's richer?
5. What is Tom's reaction to Lydia after they are married and the guests leave?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the woman Tom Brangwen decides to marry.
2. Describe the relationship of William and Anna as the days go on.
3. Explain what William asks the girl sitting next to him at the Empire, and what they do together.
4. What pains Tom as he stands at the altar at Anna's wedding?
5. What piece of advice does Alfred give Tom as they walk to Anna and William's cottage?
6. Describe what becomes of Lydia's first two children while she is living in Poland with her husband Paul.
7. What is Tom's reaction when Anna hysterically screams that he is not her father?
8. Explain why William feels guilty when he looks out the door after his marriage to Anna.
9. Describe the toast Tom gives at Anna's wedding party?
10. What are the circumstances that bring Tom Brangwen to take over the farm at only eighteen years of age?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)