Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapter 1
1. What type of life do the Brangwens have on the Marsh farm?
2. Explain how the Brangwens come into more money as they live on the Marsh farm.
3. What are the circumstances that bring Tom Brangwen to take over the farm at only eighteen years of age?
4. Describe the woman Tom Brangwen decides to marry.
Short Essay Question - Chapter 2
5. Describe what becomes of Lydia's first two children while she is living in Poland with her husband Paul.
This section contains 921 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)