|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who invites Anna and William to visit them in Briswell?
(a) Frank Brangwen
(b) Baron Skrebensky and his new wife, Millicent
(c) Alfred Brangwen
(d) Paul Lensky
2. What is Anna's emotional response to the cathedral?
(a) She finally agrees with William's passion for the church.
(b) She feels God is alive at the altar.
(c) She is in awe, but prefers the freedom of the sky.
(d) She wants to remain in its confines forever.
3. What is Ursula's secret weapon toward independence if her studies do not work out?
(a) Being a woman
(b) Having a tutor
(c) Hiring someone to take the exam for her
(d) Starting a seamstress business
4. What do Tom, Alfred, Frank, the brother-in-law, William's brother, and six other men decide to do after Anna and Will leave for their cottage?
(a) They decide to have wrestling matches.
(b) They decide to go to the cottage and sing a carol.
(c) They decide to have a horse race.
(d) They decide to go to the pub for a drink.
5. Where does Tom take Anna as she hysterically cries for her mother?
(a) He takes her to the kitchen for a glass of water.
(b) He takes her to her mother.
(c) He takes her in the quiet, warm barn to feed the cows.
(d) He takes her to her bed, demanding that she stop crying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ursula feel after her first kiss with Skrebensky?
2. Who is Lydia's comforting friend after Tom's death?
3. What action does Ursula take to escape from the horses surrounding her when she goes for a walk in the rain?
4. How do Anna's temperament and William's temperament complement one another?
5. What is Tom contemplating as he stands at the altar with Anna on her wedding day?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)