|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tom think his brother Alfred feels about him?
(a) Despises him a little
(b) Favors him over Frank
(c) Sees him as a child
(d) Loves him
2. What does Ursula try to figure out as she lies with a fever in bed?
(a) How to break away from Skrebensky
(b) How to get to India to be with Anton
(c) How she will accept life as a wife and mother
(d) How she will raise her baby with Anton
3. Why is Lydia thankful to Tom for the life he gave her?
(a) Because he gave her all the money she needed
(b) Because he let her be herself
(c) Because he let her live in his shadow
(d) Because she was secure in his dominance
4. How successful is Tom Brangwen at his school studies?
(a) His brain is slow, hopeless, and good for nothing.
(b) He is above average in all his studies
(c) He is at the top of his class in mathematics
(d) He is the best reader in the class.
5. When does Tom find the end of youth's passionate desire, losing his individuality?
(a) After three days of constant brandy drinking
(b) After three days of praying
(c) After three days of working in the fields
(d) After three days of silence and solitude
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will Brangwen feel guilty about while he is on his honeymoon?
2. What would happen to the women of Cossethay if the vicar, Lord William, and Mrs. Hardy were taken away from them?
3. What is Ursula's view of religious scripture?
4. What is Anna's initial reaction to her mother's marriage to Tom?
5. When Ursula believes she is pregnant with Anton's child, what does she decide about her mother's life?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)