|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of teacher does Ursula dream she will be?
(a) She will remain distant from the children.
(b) She will make learning clear, interesting and personal.
(c) She will go through the motions with no enthusiasm.
(d) She will keep a strict classroom.
2. What is Lydia's mental state in the last few months of her pregnancy?
(a) She is depressed, cries, and doesn't want Tom near her.
(b) She is always singing and sewing.
(c) She is looking forward to the baby's birth.
(d) She is spending more time with Tom.
3. What do Paul, a young doctor, and Lydia Lensky, a nurse, represent in Poland?
(a) The new movement begun in Russia
(b) A traditional Polish couple
(c) The obedience of Polish citizens
(d) The joys of marriage
4. How does Anna react to the position of hand-work instructor in Nottingham for which William applies?
(a) She says that William can go, but she is staying.
(b) She says that she cannot uproot the children.
(c) She wants to stay in Cossethay.
(d) She is ready for change and a move.
5. While Anton is away, who does Ursula fall in love with while at school?
(a) Miss Inger
(b) Mr. Phillips
(c) Miss Jenny
(d) Mr. Morton
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ursula try to figure out as she lies with a fever in bed?
2. Whose imminent visit from Nottingham excites the 18-year-old Anna?
3. Why is Lydia thankful to Tom for the life he gave her?
4. What do Lydia and Tom discover about each other after two years of marriage?
5. What is Ursula's view of religious scripture?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)