|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Anton is away, who does Ursula fall in love with while at school?
(a) Miss Inger
(b) Mr. Phillips
(c) Mr. Morton
(d) Miss Jenny
2. What is Tom's secret desire for Anna?
(a) He hopes she will take over the farm someday.
(b) He hopes she will return to Poland when she grows up.
(c) He hopes she will marry a rich man.
(d) He hopes to make her a lady.
3. Who is the person Anna meets that she considers a real person of consequence?
(a) Baron Skrebensky
4. What is the complicated amalgam of religion that Ursula and Winifred discuss?
(a) The motives of joy and miracles
(b) A mix of death and afterlife
(c) A combination of suffering and redemption
(d) The motives of fear and love
5. How does Anna react to the position of hand-work instructor in Nottingham for which William applies?
(a) She says that William can go, but she is staying.
(b) She wants to stay in Cossethay.
(c) She says that she cannot uproot the children.
(d) She is ready for change and a move.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ursula manage to keep order in her classroom?
2. Why is Ursula excited about her father's new position as Art and Handwork Instructor?
3. How do Anna and Will react as the men continue singing in the garden?
4. What is it that makes the new house in Beldover feel like a home to the Brangwen children?
5. How does Lydia emerge from her indifference, becoming a new person?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)