|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it about Anna that leaves William unsatisfied and unfulfilled?
(a) Her flowery innocence
(b) Her pregnancy
(c) Her ugly nature
(d) Her maturity
2. What does the rainbow forming over the corrupt land symbolize for Ursula?
3. Who does Tom believe he is destined to marry?
(a) The vicar's daughter
(b) Tilly's sister
(c) The Polish widow, Mrs. Lensky
4. What is Anna's emotional response to the cathedral?
(a) She wants to remain in its confines forever.
(b) She is in awe, but prefers the freedom of the sky.
(c) She feels God is alive at the altar.
(d) She finally agrees with William's passion for the church.
5. What does William ask the girl sitting next to him in the Empire ?
(a) If she would like to go to the tea shop with him
(b) How old she is
(c) If she goes to college
(d) If she has a husband
Short Answer Questions
1. What is William's reaction when he steps through the doors of the cathedral?
2. Where have generations of Brangwens lived?
3. What is Ursula's first impression of Mr. Skrebensky?
4. What subjects do Ursula and Maggie discuss when they are together?
5. What is Theresa's temperament?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)