|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Anna send Ursula and Gudrun when the pettiness of the village children begins to bother them?
(a) To the grammar school in Nottingham
(b) To Cossethay College
(c) To grammar school in London
(d) To their grandmothers for home schooling
2. What does Ursula try to figure out as she lies with a fever in bed?
(a) How she will raise her baby with Anton
(b) How to break away from Skrebensky
(c) How to get to India to be with Anton
(d) How she will accept life as a wife and mother
3. What does Lydia Brangwen wish for as she sees the turmoil in her son's lives?
(a) She wishes she could be more involved in her son's lives.
(b) She wishes for the peace and innocence of age.
(c) She wishes they would move away.
(d) She wishes they would come to her with their troubles.
4. What is Anton really feeling as he says goodbye to Ursula when he goes off to war?
(a) He doesn't want to leave.
(b) He will miss her desperately.
(c) He is looking forward to meeting other women.
(d) He is relieved to be leaving her.
5. What does Tom crave more than ever from his wife?
(a) Her stories about Poland
(b) Quiet conversations
(d) Love and passion
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tom feel as he watches his wife in the pain of childbirth?
2. What does Will Brangwen feel guilty about while he is on his honeymoon?
3. What does Fred do after his father's death?
4. What are William's thoughts about the cathedral as he returns home?
5. What does William do to help him stop worrying about life and relaxing?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)