|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Anna feel about people she meets outside the Marsh farm?
(a) She thinks they belittle her and despises them.
(b) She enjoys conversing with other people.
(c) She is very friendly when meeting other people.
(d) She loves other people.
2. What are William's thoughts about the cathedral as he returns home?
(a) The cathedral is his absolute.
(b) The cathedral is his reality.
(c) The cathedral is his doorway to heaven.
(d) The cathedral doorway to eternity is false.
3. Why does William suffer behind his bright face?
(a) He knows he will never be close to Ursula.
(b) He doesn't have enough to do.
(c) He fears the will of God.
(d) He knows he is limited and unfulfilled.
4. What is Tom's reaction when Mrs. Lensky agrees to marry him?
(a) He picks her up, dancing around the room.
(b) He passes out.
(c) He has to sit down, sealed in oblivion.
(d) He nods his head and heads for home.
5. Ursula resigns herself to teaching until she can do what?
(a) Find other employment
(b) Take over the farm
(c) Go to college
(d) Get married
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Anna react to the position of hand-work instructor in Nottingham for which William applies?
2. What is Tom's secret desire for Anna?
3. How does William adapt to life as a husband and father of three children?
4. What is the first woodworking gift Will gives to Anna?
5. How does Tom finally meet Mrs. Lensky, carrying on a conversation with her?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)