|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Will Brangwen feel guilty about while he is on his honeymoon?
(a) For never wanting to go back to the world
(b) For shutting himself off from the world
(c) For ignoring Anna
(d) For wanting Anna so much
2. What does Ursula think the reason is that Mr. Harby bullies the children and other teachers in the classroom?
(a) It is his method of teaching.
(b) He is out of place at the school.
(c) Education is important to him, so he forces it on others.
(d) He enjoys hurting others.
3. What does Ursula hate about her mother?
(a) Her mother's belief in the rights of women
(b) Her mother's satisfaction with child-bearing and domesticity
(c) Her mother making a living outside the home
(d) Her mother's need for independence
4. How does William adapt to life as a husband and father of three children?
(a) It wears him down, making him haggard and irritable.
(b) He is the happiest he has ever been.
(c) He loves the large family and wishes for more children.
(d) He revels in his life as a father and husband.
5. Where is Anna's favorite place to stop on the way to the cattle market?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Anna's initial reaction when the eleven men start singing in the garden of the cottage, outside Anna and Will's window?
2. How do Anna and Will react as the men continue singing in the garden?
3. Where does Anna send Ursula and Gudrun when the pettiness of the village children begins to bother them?
4. How does Anna react to the position of hand-work instructor in Nottingham for which William applies?
5. What lesson about life did Ursula learn at an early age after her father insults her for stepping in the seed beds?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)