|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does William ask the girl sitting next to him in the Empire ?
(a) If she would like to go to the tea shop with him
(b) How old she is
(c) If she has a husband
(d) If she goes to college
2. What is Skrebensky's view on the role of an individual?
(a) Each man lives for the good of humanity, not himself.
(b) Each man lives for himself
(c) Each man lives for personal wealth
(d) Each man lives for his own family
3. Who invites Anna and William to visit them in Briswell?
(a) Paul Lensky
(b) Baron Skrebensky and his new wife, Millicent
(c) Alfred Brangwen
(d) Frank Brangwen
4. How does Anna view her relationship with her cousin Will?
(a) He is her escape from the farm into the outside world.
(b) She finds him annoying.
(c) She finds him stupid and useless.
(d) She is indifferent to him.
5. What is Ursula's secret weapon toward independence if her studies do not work out?
(a) Being a woman
(b) Starting a seamstress business
(c) Having a tutor
(d) Hiring someone to take the exam for her
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ursula's impression of the colliers when she and Winifred go to her Uncle Tom's house in Wiggiston?
2. How does Ursula manage to keep order in her classroom?
3. Who dominates the whole wedding party?
4. What does Tom crave more than ever from his wife?
5. What is Anna unable to tell William for four days, while they battle with each other?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)