|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Anna's initial reaction to her mother's marriage to Tom?
(a) She is angry, wanting to move away.
(b) She is glad her mother has a husband.
(c) She accepts Tom immediately.
(d) She is happy to have a father.
2. Why is Tom glad that his wife Lydia is there for him on Anna's wedding day?
(a) She will arrange the party after the wedding.
(b) She will sustain him among all of the people attending the wedding.
(c) She will help him forget his loss of Anna.
(d) She will tell him what he should do during the ceremony.
3. What happens after Ursula writes a passionate love letter to Winifred?
(a) Winifred tells Ursula to stay away.
(b) Winifred leaves town.
(c) They become intimate.
(d) Winifred denies the relationship.
4. Who tries to comfort William when the stress of four children becomes a heavy burden for him?
5. What type of child is Gudrun?
(a) She lives in a fantasy world.
(b) She is realistic.
(c) She is violent.
(d) She is not trustworthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ursula get through the long weeks while Anton is away?
2. What do Anna and William go to see that excites him so much?
3. Who dominates the whole wedding party?
4. What does Anton believe Ursula wants to do to him, even though they are lovers?
5. What is Ursula's response when Anton asks her if she likes him on the night of Fred's wedding?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)