|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Lydia thankful to Tom for the life he gave her?
(a) Because he let her be herself
(b) Because she was secure in his dominance
(c) Because he let her live in his shadow
(d) Because he gave her all the money she needed
2. Why is Ursula consumed with a fear of herself when she and Anton are in the cornstacks after the wedding?
(a) She is afraid she won't be good enough for Anton.
(b) She is afraid she will say something foolish.
(c) She is afraid of what she might do.
(d) She has broken Anton, abating his fire.
3. What is the complicated amalgam of religion that Ursula and Winifred discuss?
(a) A combination of suffering and redemption
(b) The motives of joy and miracles
(c) The motives of fear and love
(d) A mix of death and afterlife
4. What is it about Anna that leaves William unsatisfied and unfulfilled?
(a) Her flowery innocence
(b) Her pregnancy
(c) Her maturity
(d) Her ugly nature
5. What is Anton really feeling as he says goodbye to Ursula when he goes off to war?
(a) He will miss her desperately.
(b) He is relieved to be leaving her.
(c) He is looking forward to meeting other women.
(d) He doesn't want to leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Anna's emotional response to the cathedral?
2. What terrifies Ursula about her Uncle Tom as he grieves for his father?
3. What is the description of the relationship between Anna and William in this chapter?
4. Who dominates the whole wedding party?
5. What are William's thoughts about the cathedral as he returns home?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)