|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What action does Ursula take to escape from the horses surrounding her when she goes for a walk in the rain?
(a) She climbs a tree and leaps over the hedge.
(b) She climbs over a fence.
(c) She runs to the gate.
(d) She hides behind a fallen tree.
2. What is Anton really feeling as he says goodbye to Ursula when he goes off to war?
(a) He doesn't want to leave.
(b) He is relieved to be leaving her.
(c) He will miss her desperately.
(d) He is looking forward to meeting other women.
3. Where does Ursula find a teaching position after her parents forbid her to go to Kingston-on-Thames for an interview?
(a) The Nottingham Grammar School
(b) The Cossethay Grammar School
(c) The Ikleston Elementary School
(d) The Brinsley Street School
4. How does Tom react when Anna refuses to let Tilly put her in her nightdress?
(a) Tom tells Tilly to let Anna go to bed in her clothes.
(b) Tom spanks Anna, telling her to stop crying.
(c) Tom angrily undresses Anna, putting her in her nightdress himself.
(d) Tom cuddles with Anna, saying she is a good girl.
5. What do Tom, Alfred, Frank, the brother-in-law, William's brother, and six other men decide to do after Anna and Will leave for their cottage?
(a) They decide to go to the cottage and sing a carol.
(b) They decide to have a horse race.
(c) They decide to have wrestling matches.
(d) They decide to go to the pub for a drink.
Short Answer Questions
1. What brings Anton Skrebensky back to the Marsh farm after he returns to the army?
2. Who is a great comfort to Ursula while she shrinks away from other people, afraid she is not like them?
3. Why does the town of Cossethay grow quickly, making the Brangwen's richer?
4. What does Tom see in the loft of the barn that distresses him, making him feel like an old man?
5. With whom do the Brangwen girls have a feud?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)