|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Anna feel about herself as she drives to the wedding with her father?
(a) She is nervous and self-conscious.
(b) She feels ugly and inferior.
(c) She is embarrassed by her father's crassness.
(d) She is ecstatic, feeling lovely and flamboyant.
2. What is the first woodworking gift Will gives to Anna?
(a) A wooden bowl with carved ivy
(b) A jewelry box carved with birds
(c) Candlesticks with carved flowers
(d) A butter stamp with a phoenix on it
3. How does Anna react to the position of hand-work instructor in Nottingham for which William applies?
(a) She is ready for change and a move.
(b) She wants to stay in Cossethay.
(c) She says that she cannot uproot the children.
(d) She says that William can go, but she is staying.
4. What does the rainbow forming over the corrupt land symbolize for Ursula?
5. What does Ursula try to figure out as she lies with a fever in bed?
(a) How to get to India to be with Anton
(b) How to break away from Skrebensky
(c) How she will accept life as a wife and mother
(d) How she will raise her baby with Anton
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the vision the author gives of life if one looks at the Resurrection as life, not death?
2. What does Lydia Brangwen wish for as she sees the turmoil in her son's lives?
3. How does Tom react when Anna refuses to let Tilly put her in her nightdress?
4. Ursula resigns herself to teaching until she can do what?
5. What lesson about life did Ursula learn at an early age after her father insults her for stepping in the seed beds?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)