|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the great peace that Ursula finds when she visits her grandmother in her bedroom on Marsh farm?
(a) To know that her grandmother loves her
(b) To know she can have all the sweets she wants
(c) To know she will get anything she wants from her grandmother
(d) To know her own importance within all those who lived before her
2. How does Anna react to the position of hand-work instructor in Nottingham for which William applies?
(a) She says that she cannot uproot the children.
(b) She is ready for change and a move.
(c) She wants to stay in Cossethay.
(d) She says that William can go, but she is staying.
3. Where does the Brangwen family move when William gets his new position?
(a) A villa in Beldover
(b) In a collier's cottage
(c) A flat in Nottingham
(d) In the back of a large church
4. How do Anna's temperament and William's temperament complement one another?
(a) She is arrogant. He is humble.
(b) She is the rain. He is the sunshine.
(c) She is the storm. He is the calm.
(d) She is sunlight. He is darkness.
5. What is Theresa's temperament?
(a) She is shy.
(b) She is timid.
(c) She is war-like
(d) She is very friendly.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does a darkness and dread come over Lydia's mind?
2. What is it that makes the new house in Beldover feel like a home to the Brangwen children?
3. How does Anna get along with other children?
4. What is the complicated amalgam of religion that Ursula and Winifred discuss?
5. When does Ursula feel the most secure, warm, and happy?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)