|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to comfort William when the stress of four children becomes a heavy burden for him?
2. What is the first woodworking gift Will gives to Anna?
(a) A butter stamp with a phoenix on it
(b) A wooden bowl with carved ivy
(c) A jewelry box carved with birds
(d) Candlesticks with carved flowers
3. What is the thought about Easter and the Resurrection that Lawrence gives the reader?
(a) Easter and the Resurrection give hope of an after life.
(b) Easter and the Resurrection overcome the picture of death.
(c) Easter and the Resurrection are more important than Christmas.
(d) Easter and the Resurrection are outweighed by the image of death
4. What does Ursula tell Anton in the letter she sends to him?
(a) She misses him.
(b) She is pregnant and wants to marry him.
(c) She found a new lover.
(d) She hopes he is happy in his new marriage.
5. How does Will view Anna as they wait to be married?
(a) He is having second thoughts about her.
(b) She is a flame that consumes him.
(c) She will make a wonderful home maker.
(d) She is becoming boring.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Anna's temperament and William's temperament complement one another?
2. What does Anna find refreshing about the Skrebensky's relationship?
3. How does Anna view her relationship with her cousin Will?
4. What do Winifred and Ursula do when they are at the bungalow?
5. How does William adapt to life as a husband and father of three children?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)