|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom say a man's soul and a woman's soul united in marriage becomes?
(a) Soul mates
(b) An angel
(c) Everlasting partners
(d) A happy couple
2. Why does the town of Cossethay grow quickly, making the Brangwen's richer?
(a) The Midland Railway comes down the valley.
(b) There is a goldrush.
(c) The town offers public education
(d) More people are getting married and having children
3. What is the complicated amalgam of religion that Ursula and Winifred discuss?
(a) A mix of death and afterlife
(b) The motives of fear and love
(c) A combination of suffering and redemption
(d) The motives of joy and miracles
4. Why does Ursula refuse Anthony's proposal of marriage?
(a) He irritates her.
(b) He demeans her.
(c) She is a traveler.
(d) She thinks he is crude.
5. Who tries to comfort William when the stress of four children becomes a heavy burden for him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Paul, a young doctor, and Lydia Lensky, a nurse, represent in Poland?
2. What is Anna's initial reaction to her mother's marriage to Tom?
3. What is the final question the author asks about the death of Christ?
4. Why does William suffer behind his bright face?
5. What does everyone at the wedding party get excited over, shouting and applauding?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)