|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom do the Brangwen girls have a feud?
(a) The vicar's children
(b) The Phillips boys
(c) The schoolteacher
(d) The Phillips girls
2. How does Tom Brangwen die after returning home from Nottingham?
(a) He has a heart attack.
(b) His horse kicks him in the head.
(c) He dies in his sleep.
(d) He drowns in the flood.
3. Where do the wedding party and guests go after the wedding ceremony?
(a) To the Marsh farm for a large meal
(b) To Alfred Brangwen's house for a reception
(c) To the church hall for dinner and dancing
(d) To the pub for drinks
4. What continues to torment Tom even though he is proud and fulfilled in his marriage?
(a) He worried that his sons will fight over the farm.
(b) He is afraid his sons will not want the farm.
(c) He worries about the farm and finances.
(d) He yearns for Anna's love because she is his hope.
5. What does Will discover about himself as he kisses Anna in the moonlight?
(a) He wants her desperately.
(b) He does not want Anna.
(c) He loves Anna.
(d) He doesn't care for Anna.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the vision the author gives of life if one looks at the Resurrection as life, not death?
2. What is Ursula's reaction after boys from her class throw stones at her in the street?
3. What is the thought about Easter and the Resurrection that Lawrence gives the reader?
4. What does Anton write in a letter to Ursula after he goes back to the army?
5. What does the rainbow forming over the corrupt land symbolize for Ursula?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)