|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the vision the author gives of life if one looks at the Resurrection as life, not death?
(a) Those who have died are bodiless.
(b) Those who have died are corrupted.
(c) Those who have died never rise again.
(d) Those who have risen will walk again in a perfect body among men.
2. How do Anna and Will react as the men continue singing in the garden?
(a) They look out the window and join in the singing.
(b) They become angry, wishing the men would leave.
(c) They hold each other close, no longer hearing the voices.
(d) They go to another room, so they won't hear the singing.
3. What is Anton really feeling as he says goodbye to Ursula when he goes off to war?
(a) He will miss her desperately.
(b) He doesn't want to leave.
(c) He is looking forward to meeting other women.
(d) He is relieved to be leaving her.
4. How does Anna get along with other children?
(a) She sees them as equals and has many friends.
(b) She loves being around other children.
(c) She dominates them, feeling they are inferior.
(d) She gets along with everyone.
5. Who is the person Anna meets that she considers a real person of consequence?
(a) Baron Skrebensky
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ursula wish as she swims with her swimming class mistress?
2. When Ursula believes she is pregnant with Anton's child, what does she decide about her mother's life?
3. What happens after Ursula writes a passionate love letter to Winifred?
4. What do the Brangwens hear when they wake up the first morning in their new house?
5. When do Effie and Tom begin fiercely quarreling with each other?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)