|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the great peace that Ursula finds when she visits her grandmother in her bedroom on Marsh farm?
(a) To know that her grandmother loves her
(b) To know she can have all the sweets she wants
(c) To know she will get anything she wants from her grandmother
(d) To know her own importance within all those who lived before her
2. What does Ursula do in Cossethay when she realizes she will be moving soon?
(a) She avoids everyone in Cossethay.
(b) She visits all her favorite spots.
(c) She won't converse with old acquaintances.
(d) She insults all her old friends.
3. What does William do to help him stop worrying about life and relaxing?
(a) He goes for long walks.
(b) He rides his horse through the country side.
(c) He carves wood.
(d) He visits his local church which he loves.
4. What happens after Ursula writes a passionate love letter to Winifred?
(a) They become intimate.
(b) Winifred tells Ursula to stay away.
(c) Winifred denies the relationship.
(d) Winifred leaves town.
5. How does William's relationship with Ursula change after the birth of Gudrun?
(a) He takes her to his heart.
(b) He ignores her in favor of Gudrun.
(c) He begins to hate Ursula.
(d) Everything Ursula does irritates him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose imminent visit from Nottingham excites the 18-year-old Anna?
2. Where do the wedding party and guests go after the wedding ceremony?
3. What is the vision the author gives of life if one looks at the Resurrection as life, not death?
4. What do Maggie and Ursula talk about when Ursula visits Belcote?
5. What is the question William asks himself when he and Anna are constantly tormenting one another?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)