|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who invites Anna and William to visit them in Briswell?
(a) Alfred Brangwen
(b) Paul Lensky
(c) Baron Skrebensky and his new wife, Millicent
(d) Frank Brangwen
2. What does Anna say to Tom that cuts him to the heart?
(a) She tells him that she hates her mother.
(b) She tells him she is moving away.
(c) She tells him that he is not her father.
(d) She tells him that she is never getting married.
3. What does everyone at the wedding party get excited over, shouting and applauding?
(a) Tom and his wife dance in the middle of the parlor.
(b) Anna and William are about to leave.
(c) The men act out the mystery play of St. George.
(d) Anna and will have the first dance.
4. Why does Ursula's face get a strange, scared look at this time in her life?
(a) She doesn't want to face adulthood.
(b) She is so confused and emotional.
(c) She doesn't want to leave her family.
(d) She is worried about her studies.
5. What do the Brangwens hear when they wake up the first morning in their new house?
(a) A woman yelling at her children
(b) Someone fighting outside
(c) Strange sounds of the town
(d) Different birds chirping
Short Answer Questions
1. What continues to torment Tom even though he is proud and fulfilled in his marriage?
2. When Ursula believes she is pregnant with Anton's child, what does she decide about her mother's life?
3. What is Theresa's temperament?
4. What keeps Ursula from giving up her studies for the matriculation examination even though they are such a drudgery?
5. Why does Lydia feel sorry for her first husband, Paul Lensky?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)