|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ursula try to figure out as she lies with a fever in bed?
(a) How to break away from Skrebensky
(b) How she will accept life as a wife and mother
(c) How she will raise her baby with Anton
(d) How to get to India to be with Anton
2. How does William's relationship with Ursula change after the birth of Gudrun?
(a) He begins to hate Ursula.
(b) He takes her to his heart.
(c) He ignores her in favor of Gudrun.
(d) Everything Ursula does irritates him.
3. What brings Anton Skrebensky back to the Marsh farm after he returns to the army?
(a) A letter from Gudrun
(b) An invitation from Anna
(c) Fred Brangwen's wedding
(d) He misses Ursula
4. Strebensky returns from Africa and starts up his relationship with Ursula again. What are Ursula's inner feelings after she and Anton consummate their love?
(a) She is timid and unsure.
(b) She is strong and sure of herself.
(c) She is critical and angry with herself.
(d) She feels guilty and sinful.
5. What is Ursula's view of religious scripture?
(a) It is just a collection of stories.
(b) It is to be taken literally.
(c) It is to be strictly followed.
(d) It is not to be taken literally.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does William do to help him stop worrying about life and relaxing?
2. What is the reason Tom Brangwen's wife believes the vicar's children are seen as superior to her own?
3. What does Lydia Brangwen wish for as she sees the turmoil in her son's lives?
4. What subjects do Ursula and Maggie discuss when they are together?
5. How successful is Tom Brangwen at his school studies?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)