|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it about Christmas day that disappoints the Brangwens?
(a) The Christmas feast is not as big as usual.
(b) The hope of peace and ecstasy fades away.
(c) They did not receive the gifts they hoped for.
(d) Their father is not home.
2. What is Ursula's impression of her father?
(a) He is indifferent and loveless to her.
(b) He is a stranger to her.
(c) He is full of magic and fascination to her.
(d) He is cruel and heartless to her.
3. Where does Ursula find a teaching position after her parents forbid her to go to Kingston-on-Thames for an interview?
(a) The Ikleston Elementary School
(b) The Brinsley Street School
(c) The Nottingham Grammar School
(d) The Cossethay Grammar School
4. What does Anton believe Ursula wants to do to him, even though they are lovers?
(a) Insult his beliefs
(b) Dominate him
(c) Destroy his being
(d) Leave him for someone else
5. What does Will Brangwen feel guilty about while he is on his honeymoon?
(a) For never wanting to go back to the world
(b) For ignoring Anna
(c) For wanting Anna so much
(d) For shutting himself off from the world
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Ursula when a third child is born to Anna and William?
2. What conclusion does Ursula come to about men and love?
3. What do the Brangwens hear when they wake up the first morning in their new house?
4. Where does Anna send Ursula and Gudrun when the pettiness of the village children begins to bother them?
5. What is Anna's reaction when Tom carries her into the barn?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)