|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What lesson about life did Ursula learn at an early age after her father insults her for stepping in the seed beds?
(a) She learned to rely on her sisters.
(b) She learned to harden herself from the outside world.
(c) She learned to obey her father.
(d) She learned to go to her mother for sympathy.
2. What does Lydia Brangwen wish for as she sees the turmoil in her son's lives?
(a) She wishes they would move away.
(b) She wishes for the peace and innocence of age.
(c) She wishes they would come to her with their troubles.
(d) She wishes she could be more involved in her son's lives.
3. What does Ursula feel after her first kiss with Skrebensky?
(d) An electric warmth
4. How does Anna get along with other children?
(a) She dominates them, feeling they are inferior.
(b) She gets along with everyone.
(c) She sees them as equals and has many friends.
(d) She loves being around other children.
5. What is the thought about Easter and the Resurrection that Lawrence gives the reader?
(a) Easter and the Resurrection give hope of an after life.
(b) Easter and the Resurrection are outweighed by the image of death
(c) Easter and the Resurrection overcome the picture of death.
(d) Easter and the Resurrection are more important than Christmas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the rainbow forming over the corrupt land symbolize for Ursula?
2. What does Anna find refreshing about the Skrebensky's relationship?
3. Where does Tom take Anna as she hysterically cries for her mother?
4. Why does William begin to hate Anna as she talks to him about the carvings in the cathedral?
5. How does Lydia act toward Tom when she becomes pregnant?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)