|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tom's reaction when Mrs. Lensky agrees to marry him?
(a) He passes out.
(b) He nods his head and heads for home.
(c) He picks her up, dancing around the room.
(d) He has to sit down, sealed in oblivion.
2. What is Ursula's view of religious scripture?
(a) It is just a collection of stories.
(b) It is to be strictly followed.
(c) It is to be taken literally.
(d) It is not to be taken literally.
3. What is the reason Tom Brangwen's wife believes the vicar's children are seen as superior to her own?
(a) Class and virtue
(b) Wealth and power
(c) Education and experience
(d) Heritage and money
4. What would happen to the women of Cossethay if the vicar, Lord William, and Mrs. Hardy were taken away from them?
(a) They would feel more at ease in public.
(b) They would feel less intimidated.
(c) They would be heavy, uninspired, and hateful.
(d) They would feel more successful with their lives.
5. What is the deep trouble that is between Anna and William?
(a) Anna mocks William's religious beliefs.
(b) William won't let Anna go to church.
(c) Anna complains about money.
(d) William dislikes Anna's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tom contemplating as he stands at the altar with Anna on her wedding day?
2. What does Will Brangwen feel guilty about while he is on his honeymoon?
3. Who tries to comfort William when the stress of four children becomes a heavy burden for him?
4. How does Anna react as she sits at the bar while Tom goes to sell his cow at the cattle market?
5. What does Lydia Brangwen wish for as she sees the turmoil in her son's lives?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)