|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alfred tell Tom every person must do?
(a) No one can be happy alone.
(b) Everyone needs other people
(c) Be happy to have a wife to go through life with
(d) Go on with life by yourself
2. What are William's actions with the girl he takes to the park?
(a) He has an intellectual conversation with her.
(b) He walks with her.
(c) He kisses and caresses her, hoping to take her.
(d) He dances with her.
3. Which of the Brangwen boys has a soft, mysterious nature, strange peacefulness, informed air, and brings a foreign touch to the Marsh farm?
4. What is it about Anna that leaves William unsatisfied and unfulfilled?
(a) Her maturity
(b) Her ugly nature
(c) Her pregnancy
(d) Her flowery innocence
5. What is Tom's reaction to Lydia after they are married and the guests leave?
(a) He is terrified at her strangeness and cannot meet her eyes.
(b) He is indifferent to his new wife.
(c) He is ecstatic with joy and cannot wait to hold her.
(d) He is rough and cruel to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Anna feel about Tom after the baby is born?
2. How does Anna feel about herself as she drives to the wedding with her father?
3. What does Lydia Brangwen wish for as she sees the turmoil in her son's lives?
4. How does Lydia act toward Tom when she becomes pregnant?
5. When do Effie and Tom begin fiercely quarreling with each other?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)