|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tom take Anna as she hysterically cries for her mother?
(a) He takes her to her bed, demanding that she stop crying.
(b) He takes her in the quiet, warm barn to feed the cows.
(c) He takes her to the kitchen for a glass of water.
(d) He takes her to her mother.
2. What does William witness that torments him for the rest of his life?
(a) An old woman, dead and alone for two weeks
(b) The pregnant Anna, dancing naked in the bedroom
(c) A child drowning in the pond
(d) A violent knifing in Cossethay
3. How does Tom feel as he watches his wife in the pain of childbirth?
(a) He just wants it to be over.
(b) He wishes they weren't having a baby.
(c) He is indifferent to her moans of pain.
(d) His heart is tortured, yet he is at peace.
4. What does everyone at the wedding party get excited over, shouting and applauding?
(a) Anna and William are about to leave.
(b) Anna and will have the first dance.
(c) Tom and his wife dance in the middle of the parlor.
(d) The men act out the mystery play of St. George.
5. What continues to torment Tom even though he is proud and fulfilled in his marriage?
(a) He worried that his sons will fight over the farm.
(b) He is afraid his sons will not want the farm.
(c) He yearns for Anna's love because she is his hope.
(d) He worries about the farm and finances.
Short Answer Questions
1. William comes home from the park a changed man. How does Anna react to this new side of her husband?
2. Where have generations of Brangwens lived?
3. How does Will view Anna as they wait to be married?
4. How does Ursula get through the long weeks while Anton is away?
5. How does William's relationship with Ursula change after the birth of Gudrun?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)