|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tom take Anna as she hysterically cries for her mother?
(a) He takes her to her bed, demanding that she stop crying.
(b) He takes her to her mother.
(c) He takes her in the quiet, warm barn to feed the cows.
(d) He takes her to the kitchen for a glass of water.
2. What terrifies Ursula about her Uncle Tom as he grieves for his father?
(a) His unforgiving eyes
(b) His animal-like grimace and horrible grin
(c) His uncontrollable crying
(d) His indifference to his father's death
3. What is the vision the author gives of life if one looks at the Resurrection as life, not death?
(a) Those who have died are corrupted.
(b) Those who have risen will walk again in a perfect body among men.
(c) Those who have died are bodiless.
(d) Those who have died never rise again.
4. What is it about Christmas day that disappoints the Brangwens?
(a) The Christmas feast is not as big as usual.
(b) Their father is not home.
(c) The hope of peace and ecstasy fades away.
(d) They did not receive the gifts they hoped for.
5. What is the great peace that Ursula finds when she visits her grandmother in her bedroom on Marsh farm?
(a) To know her own importance within all those who lived before her
(b) To know that her grandmother loves her
(c) To know she can have all the sweets she wants
(d) To know she will get anything she wants from her grandmother
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Tom find the end of youth's passionate desire, losing his individuality?
2. How does Anna feel about herself as she drives to the wedding with her father?
3. Why is Tom glad that his wife Lydia is there for him on Anna's wedding day?
4. Why does the care of the farm fall upon Tom's shoulders when he is eighteen?
5. What does Fred do after his father's death?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)