|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where have generations of Brangwens lived?
(a) The Marsh Farm
(c) The Brangwen Ranch
2. What does Anton write in a letter to Ursula after he goes back to the army?
(a) He wants to marry her.
(b) He doesn't want to see her anymore.
(c) He loves her.
(d) He might have to go to war in South Africa.
3. When does a darkness and dread come over Lydia's mind?
(a) At the start of the war
(b) When she becomes a nurse
(c) After her two children die of diphtheria
(d) When she marries Paul Lensky
4. What is Ursula's view of religious scripture?
(a) It is to be taken literally.
(b) It is not to be taken literally.
(c) It is to be strictly followed.
(d) It is just a collection of stories.
5. How does William become reborn, learning to be himself and alone?
(a) He goes to church every day.
(b) He leaves Anna for two weeks.
(c) Anna forces him to sleep alone.
(d) He forces Anna to sleep in another room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Lydia and Tom discover about each other after two years of marriage?
2. What angers Anna about Will's attitude at church?
3. What is Lydia's mental state in the last few months of her pregnancy?
4. Who is the person Anna meets that she considers a real person of consequence?
5. How old is Ursula when a third child is born to Anna and William?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)