|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Anna's initial reaction when the eleven men start singing in the garden of the cottage, outside Anna and Will's window?
2. How does Ursula feel as she waits for Anton to come home?
3. With whom do the Brangwen girls have a feud?
(a) The vicar's children
(b) The Phillips boys
(c) The Phillips girls
(d) The schoolteacher
4. What type of child is Gudrun?
(a) She is quiet, mild-mannered, but indomitable.
(b) She is slow and meek.
(c) She is active, and athletic.
(d) She is volatile and quick tempered.
5. What does Tom see in the loft of the barn that distresses him, making him feel like an old man?
(a) His thirteen year old dog, dead in the hay
(b) His gray haired wife, shooing the owls away
(c) Anna and Will in each other's arms, kissing
(d) Rotted timbers that need to be replaced
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Anna feel about people she meets outside the Marsh farm?
2. How does Tom finally meet Mrs. Lensky, carrying on a conversation with her?
3. How does Lydia emerge from her indifference, becoming a new person?
4. What is Anna's emotional response to the cathedral?
5. Who dominates the whole wedding party?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)