|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fred do after his father's death?
(a) He moves away from Marsh farm.
(b) He becomes abusive toward his mother.
(c) He becomes depressed and indifferent toward the farm.
(d) He throws himself into restoring the farm.
2. What does Anna find refreshing about the Skrebensky's relationship?
(a) They are as one person, totally involved with each other.
(b) They smile at one another intimately.
(c) They are free in their isolation and detachment from one another.
(d) They always hold hands.
3. What is Skrebensky's view on the role of an individual?
(a) Each man lives for his own family
(b) Each man lives for himself
(c) Each man lives for the good of humanity, not himself.
(d) Each man lives for personal wealth
4. Who is the person Anna meets that she considers a real person of consequence?
(c) Baron Skrebensky
5. Why does the care of the farm fall upon Tom's shoulders when he is eighteen?
(a) His brother, Alfred, tells his he has to do the farming.
(b) His mother forces him to do the farming.
(c) His father feels he is ready to take on the responsibility
(d) His father falls off the stack, breaking his neck.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tom feel about his new son?
2. What is it about Christmas day that disappoints the Brangwens?
3. Where does Anna send Ursula and Gudrun when the pettiness of the village children begins to bother them?
4. How does Ursula feel as she waits for Anton to come home?
5. What angers Anna about Will's attitude at church?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)