|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tom feel about his new son?
(a) He wishes he had a baby girl instead.
(b) He loves his son more than his step-daughter, Anna.
(c) He loves Anna more than his own son.
(d) He adores his new son and wants to hold him constantly.
2. What is the vision the author gives of life if one looks at the Resurrection as life, not death?
(a) Those who have died are bodiless.
(b) Those who have died never rise again.
(c) Those who have risen will walk again in a perfect body among men.
(d) Those who have died are corrupted.
3. Who is the person Anna meets that she considers a real person of consequence?
(a) Baron Skrebensky
4. How does Lydia emerge from her indifference, becoming a new person?
(a) She decides to move back to Poland.
(b) She meets Tom Brangwen in Cossethay.
(c) She falls in love with the vicar.
(d) She lives through her daughter.
5. What does Will Brangwen feel guilty about while he is on his honeymoon?
(a) For ignoring Anna
(b) For wanting Anna so much
(c) For shutting himself off from the world
(d) For never wanting to go back to the world
Short Answer Questions
1. What terrifies Ursula about her Uncle Tom as he grieves for his father?
2. What is the final question the author asks about the death of Christ?
3. What is young Tom Brangwen feeling behind his healthy, good looks, and well dressed appearance?
4. Why is Lydia thankful to Tom for the life he gave her?
5. How does William's relationship with Ursula change after the birth of Gudrun?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)