|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Will react to Anna's preparations for a tea party?
(a) He is glad to be back in the world.
(b) He is angry, retreating into blackness.
(c) He can't wait to see other people.
(d) He is excited, helping with the cleaning.
2. Which of the Brangwen boys has a soft, mysterious nature, strange peacefulness, informed air, and brings a foreign touch to the Marsh farm?
3. How does Anna feel about people she meets outside the Marsh farm?
(a) She is very friendly when meeting other people.
(b) She enjoys conversing with other people.
(c) She thinks they belittle her and despises them.
(d) She loves other people.
4. How does Tom finally meet Mrs. Lensky, carrying on a conversation with her?
(a) She meets him at the market.
(b) She meets him at church.
(c) She comes to his farm asking for butter.
(d) She meets him on the road near his house.
5. Where does Anna send Ursula and Gudrun when the pettiness of the village children begins to bother them?
(a) To grammar school in London
(b) To Cossethay College
(c) To the grammar school in Nottingham
(d) To their grandmothers for home schooling
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Anna relinquish her adventurous spirit and wonder of the unknown?
2. What is Anna's initial reaction when the eleven men start singing in the garden of the cottage, outside Anna and Will's window?
3. How does Anna react to her parent's relationship?
4. What does Anna say to Tom that cuts him to the heart?
5. How does Lydia see herself when she is married to Paul Lensky?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)