|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Skrebensky's view on the role of an individual?
(a) Each man lives for personal wealth
(b) Each man lives for himself
(c) Each man lives for his own family
(d) Each man lives for the good of humanity, not himself.
2. How does Tom feel about himself after meeting Alfred's lover, the lady, Mrs. Forbes?
(a) He is glad he has the quiet life of a farmer.
(b) He regrets taking over the farm and not making more of his life.
(c) He is thankful that he doesn't need to live up to a lady's expectations.
(d) He is content with his way of life.
3. What does Anton believe Ursula wants to do to him, even though they are lovers?
(a) Leave him for someone else
(b) Insult his beliefs
(c) Dominate him
(d) Destroy his being
4. Why does 11-year-old Ursula find it a bother to be the eldest of six children?
(a) Because she has to homeschool her siblings
(b) Because she has to cook every meal
(c) Because she has to take three of the six children to school
(d) Because she has to wash everyone's clothes
5. What does Will Brangwen feel guilty about while he is on his honeymoon?
(a) For ignoring Anna
(b) For wanting Anna so much
(c) For never wanting to go back to the world
(d) For shutting himself off from the world
Short Answer Questions
1. What does William ask the girl sitting next to him in the Empire ?
2. How does Tom think his brother Alfred feels about him?
3. How does Tom feel about his new son?
4. What does Anna find refreshing about the Skrebensky's relationship?
5. Why does Anna relinquish her adventurous spirit and wonder of the unknown?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)