|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anton write in a letter to Ursula after he goes back to the army?
(a) He loves her.
(b) He wants to marry her.
(c) He might have to go to war in South Africa.
(d) He doesn't want to see her anymore.
2. What does Ursula feel after her first kiss with Skrebensky?
(c) An electric warmth
3. What is Tom's secret desire for Anna?
(a) He hopes she will return to Poland when she grows up.
(b) He hopes she will marry a rich man.
(c) He hopes to make her a lady.
(d) He hopes she will take over the farm someday.
4. How does Anna react to her parent's relationship?
(a) She resents the relationship.
(b) She ignores both parents.
(c) She feels alone and unsafe.
(d) She finds peace and can be a child now.
5. How does Tom Brangwen die after returning home from Nottingham?
(a) His horse kicks him in the head.
(b) He has a heart attack.
(c) He dies in his sleep.
(d) He drowns in the flood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are William's actions with the girl he takes to the park?
2. What is Tom contemplating as he stands at the altar with Anna on her wedding day?
3. Why does Lydia feel sorry for her first husband, Paul Lensky?
4. William comes home from the park a changed man. How does Anna react to this new side of her husband?
5. Why does 11-year-old Ursula find it a bother to be the eldest of six children?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)