|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of child is Gudrun?
(a) She is realistic.
(b) She is not trustworthy.
(c) She is violent.
(d) She lives in a fantasy world.
2. Why is Tom glad that his wife Lydia is there for him on Anna's wedding day?
(a) She will tell him what he should do during the ceremony.
(b) She will help him forget his loss of Anna.
(c) She will sustain him among all of the people attending the wedding.
(d) She will arrange the party after the wedding.
3. How does Tom react when Anna refuses to let Tilly put her in her nightdress?
(a) Tom angrily undresses Anna, putting her in her nightdress himself.
(b) Tom tells Tilly to let Anna go to bed in her clothes.
(c) Tom cuddles with Anna, saying she is a good girl.
(d) Tom spanks Anna, telling her to stop crying.
4. How does Ursula get through the long weeks while Anton is away?
(a) Spending time with friends
(b) Praying for his safe return
(c) As if half alive
(d) Going to church every day
5. What is Tom's reaction when Mrs. Lensky agrees to marry him?
(a) He picks her up, dancing around the room.
(b) He has to sit down, sealed in oblivion.
(c) He passes out.
(d) He nods his head and heads for home.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Tom find the end of youth's passionate desire, losing his individuality?
2. How does Anna react as she sits at the bar while Tom goes to sell his cow at the cattle market?
3. What is Anna's initial reaction when the eleven men start singing in the garden of the cottage, outside Anna and Will's window?
4. What is Lydia's mental state in the last few months of her pregnancy?
5. What is the bitter lesson Tom learns after his son is born?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)