|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the person Anna meets that she considers a real person of consequence?
(d) Baron Skrebensky
2. What is Tom's attitude toward his own life while his wife is miserable?
(a) He keeps the pain at the bottom of his heart and enjoys his life.
(b) He is moody and miserable too.
(c) He is always happy.
(d) He doesn't care that his wife is in misery.
3. Why does William begin to hate Anna as she talks to him about the carvings in the cathedral?
(a) She is destroying another one of his illusions.
(b) She is more passionate about the cathedral than he is.
(c) She insults his carving abilities as she looks at the carvings in the church.
(d) She tells him he will never be awed as she is with the cathedral.
4. Where does Anna send Ursula and Gudrun when the pettiness of the village children begins to bother them?
(a) To their grandmothers for home schooling
(b) To the grammar school in Nottingham
(c) To grammar school in London
(d) To Cossethay College
5. What is Lydia's mental state in the last few months of her pregnancy?
(a) She is always singing and sewing.
(b) She is depressed, cries, and doesn't want Tom near her.
(c) She is looking forward to the baby's birth.
(d) She is spending more time with Tom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is William's reaction when he steps through the doors of the cathedral?
2. What is young Tom Brangwen feeling behind his healthy, good looks, and well dressed appearance?
3. How does Anna view her relationship with her cousin Will?
4. How does Ursula react when her father slaps her across the face for letting the children in the parish room?
5. What does everyone at the wedding party get excited over, shouting and applauding?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)