|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ursula feel after her first kiss with Skrebensky?
(b) An electric warmth
2. What is the thought about Easter and the Resurrection that Lawrence gives the reader?
(a) Easter and the Resurrection are outweighed by the image of death
(b) Easter and the Resurrection overcome the picture of death.
(c) Easter and the Resurrection give hope of an after life.
(d) Easter and the Resurrection are more important than Christmas.
3. How does Anna view her relationship with her cousin Will?
(a) He is her escape from the farm into the outside world.
(b) She is indifferent to him.
(c) She finds him stupid and useless.
(d) She finds him annoying.
4. Who invites Anna and William to visit them in Briswell?
(a) Paul Lensky
(b) Baron Skrebensky and his new wife, Millicent
(c) Alfred Brangwen
(d) Frank Brangwen
5. What does Lydia Brangwen wish for as she sees the turmoil in her son's lives?
(a) She wishes for the peace and innocence of age.
(b) She wishes they would come to her with their troubles.
(c) She wishes they would move away.
(d) She wishes she could be more involved in her son's lives.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Christian life affect the Brangwens?
2. How does Tom Brangwen die after returning home from Nottingham?
3. Who dominates the whole wedding party?
4. What is Ursula's impression of her father?
5. Where have generations of Brangwens lived?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)