|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it about Anna that leaves William unsatisfied and unfulfilled?
(a) Her maturity
(b) Her flowery innocence
(c) Her ugly nature
(d) Her pregnancy
2. What does William witness that torments him for the rest of his life?
(a) A violent knifing in Cossethay
(b) An old woman, dead and alone for two weeks
(c) The pregnant Anna, dancing naked in the bedroom
(d) A child drowning in the pond
3. What is the reason Tom Brangwen's wife believes the vicar's children are seen as superior to her own?
(a) Education and experience
(b) Class and virtue
(c) Wealth and power
(d) Heritage and money
4. How does Will view Anna as they wait to be married?
(a) She is a flame that consumes him.
(b) She will make a wonderful home maker.
(c) She is becoming boring.
(d) He is having second thoughts about her.
5. How does Tom finally meet Mrs. Lensky, carrying on a conversation with her?
(a) She meets him at the market.
(b) She meets him on the road near his house.
(c) She comes to his farm asking for butter.
(d) She meets him at church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the great peace that Ursula finds when she visits her grandmother in her bedroom on Marsh farm?
2. How old is Ursula when a third child is born to Anna and William?
3. How does Ursula feel as she waits for Anton to come home?
4. What does Brangwen find to replace the desires he has for his wife?
5. How does Lydia act toward Tom when she becomes pregnant?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)