|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Ursula feel the most secure, warm, and happy?
(a) When the whole family gathers at the table
(b) When her mother is in the house
(c) When her father returns home
(d) When she is with her baby sister
2. What is Skrebensky's view on the role of an individual?
(a) Each man lives for himself
(b) Each man lives for his own family
(c) Each man lives for personal wealth
(d) Each man lives for the good of humanity, not himself.
3. What terrifies Ursula about her Uncle Tom as he grieves for his father?
(a) His indifference to his father's death
(b) His unforgiving eyes
(c) His animal-like grimace and horrible grin
(d) His uncontrollable crying
4. What does Anna find refreshing about the Skrebensky's relationship?
(a) They are as one person, totally involved with each other.
(b) They smile at one another intimately.
(c) They are free in their isolation and detachment from one another.
(d) They always hold hands.
5. How do Anna's temperament and William's temperament complement one another?
(a) She is sunlight. He is darkness.
(b) She is the storm. He is the calm.
(c) She is arrogant. He is humble.
(d) She is the rain. He is the sunshine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the question William asks himself when he and Anna are constantly tormenting one another?
2. What is Tom's attitude toward his own life while his wife is miserable?
3. What is Tom's secret desire for Anna?
4. What does Tom see in the loft of the barn that distresses him, making him feel like an old man?
5. As Anna observes the Skrebensky's relationship, what does she wish for herself?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)