|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it about Christmas day that disappoints the Brangwens?
(a) Their father is not home.
(b) The Christmas feast is not as big as usual.
(c) They did not receive the gifts they hoped for.
(d) The hope of peace and ecstasy fades away.
2. Why does William suffer behind his bright face?
(a) He fears the will of God.
(b) He knows he will never be close to Ursula.
(c) He doesn't have enough to do.
(d) He knows he is limited and unfulfilled.
3. Why is Tom glad that his wife Lydia is there for him on Anna's wedding day?
(a) She will help him forget his loss of Anna.
(b) She will tell him what he should do during the ceremony.
(c) She will arrange the party after the wedding.
(d) She will sustain him among all of the people attending the wedding.
4. What is Tom's attitude toward his own life while his wife is miserable?
(a) He doesn't care that his wife is in misery.
(b) He keeps the pain at the bottom of his heart and enjoys his life.
(c) He is always happy.
(d) He is moody and miserable too.
5. How does Tom feel about himself after meeting Alfred's lover, the lady, Mrs. Forbes?
(a) He is content with his way of life.
(b) He is thankful that he doesn't need to live up to a lady's expectations.
(c) He regrets taking over the farm and not making more of his life.
(d) He is glad he has the quiet life of a farmer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tom take Anna as she hysterically cries for her mother?
2. What do Tom, Alfred, Frank, the brother-in-law, William's brother, and six other men decide to do after Anna and Will leave for their cottage?
3. What do Paul, a young doctor, and Lydia Lensky, a nurse, represent in Poland?
4. How does Will react to Anna's preparations for a tea party?
5. When does Tom find the end of youth's passionate desire, losing his individuality?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)