|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Anna observes the Skrebensky's relationship, what does she wish for herself?
(a) She wants to be as one person with William.
(b) She wants her own life, not absorbed by William.
(c) She wishes William was more dominant.
(d) She wishes she and William were closer.
2. What lesson about life did Ursula learn at an early age after her father insults her for stepping in the seed beds?
(a) She learned to harden herself from the outside world.
(b) She learned to go to her mother for sympathy.
(c) She learned to obey her father.
(d) She learned to rely on her sisters.
3. What is it about Christmas day that disappoints the Brangwens?
(a) The hope of peace and ecstasy fades away.
(b) Their father is not home.
(c) The Christmas feast is not as big as usual.
(d) They did not receive the gifts they hoped for.
4. What is William's reaction when he steps through the doors of the cathedral?
(a) His soul soars up into the church.
(b) He is impressed with the murals.
(c) He doesn't feel any emotion.
(d) He is disappointed by the architecture.
5. Why does William begin to hate Anna as she talks to him about the carvings in the cathedral?
(a) She is destroying another one of his illusions.
(b) She tells him he will never be awed as she is with the cathedral.
(c) She is more passionate about the cathedral than he is.
(d) She insults his carving abilities as she looks at the carvings in the church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the deep trouble that is between Anna and William?
2. When does a darkness and dread come over Lydia's mind?
3. Who tries to comfort William when the stress of four children becomes a heavy burden for him?
4. What does Ursula feel after her first kiss with Skrebensky?
5. What do Lydia and Tom discover about each other after two years of marriage?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)