|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tom's reaction when Mrs. Lensky agrees to marry him?
(a) He has to sit down, sealed in oblivion.
(b) He nods his head and heads for home.
(c) He passes out.
(d) He picks her up, dancing around the room.
2. What is Skrebensky's view on the role of an individual?
(a) Each man lives for personal wealth
(b) Each man lives for himself
(c) Each man lives for the good of humanity, not himself.
(d) Each man lives for his own family
3. What does Tom see in the loft of the barn that distresses him, making him feel like an old man?
(a) His gray haired wife, shooing the owls away
(b) Rotted timbers that need to be replaced
(c) Anna and Will in each other's arms, kissing
(d) His thirteen year old dog, dead in the hay
4. What gift does Tom give Will and Anna for their wedding?
(a) He gives them his favorite stallion.
(b) He gives them a horse and carriage.
(c) He gives them a share in the farm.
(d) He gives them a cottage in Cossethay.
5. How do Anna and Will react as the men continue singing in the garden?
(a) They look out the window and join in the singing.
(b) They hold each other close, no longer hearing the voices.
(c) They go to another room, so they won't hear the singing.
(d) They become angry, wishing the men would leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Christian life affect the Brangwens?
2. What type of child is Gudrun?
3. What does everyone at the wedding party get excited over, shouting and applauding?
4. What do Paul, a young doctor, and Lydia Lensky, a nurse, represent in Poland?
5. What brings Anton Skrebensky back to the Marsh farm after he returns to the army?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)