|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Lydia and Tom discover about each other after two years of marriage?
(a) They discover they do not love one another.
(b) They find they will never know one another.
(c) They find fulfillment in each other.
(d) They realize they do not belong together.
2. How do Anna's temperament and William's temperament complement one another?
(a) She is arrogant. He is humble.
(b) She is sunlight. He is darkness.
(c) She is the storm. He is the calm.
(d) She is the rain. He is the sunshine.
3. What do Paul, a young doctor, and Lydia Lensky, a nurse, represent in Poland?
(a) The obedience of Polish citizens
(b) The new movement begun in Russia
(c) A traditional Polish couple
(d) The joys of marriage
4. Why does 11-year-old Ursula find it a bother to be the eldest of six children?
(a) Because she has to homeschool her siblings
(b) Because she has to wash everyone's clothes
(c) Because she has to cook every meal
(d) Because she has to take three of the six children to school
5. When does Tom find the end of youth's passionate desire, losing his individuality?
(a) After three days of working in the fields
(b) After three days of praying
(c) After three days of constant brandy drinking
(d) After three days of silence and solitude
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tom take Anna as she hysterically cries for her mother?
2. What is Theresa's temperament?
3. Why does William begin to hate Anna as she talks to him about the carvings in the cathedral?
4. What terrifies Ursula about her Uncle Tom as he grieves for his father?
5. Where is Anna's favorite place to stop on the way to the cattle market?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)