|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would happen to the women of Cossethay if the vicar, Lord William, and Mrs. Hardy were taken away from them?
(a) They would feel more successful with their lives.
(b) They would feel less intimidated.
(c) They would be heavy, uninspired, and hateful.
(d) They would feel more at ease in public.
2. How does Anna get along with other children?
(a) She gets along with everyone.
(b) She dominates them, feeling they are inferior.
(c) She sees them as equals and has many friends.
(d) She loves being around other children.
3. What does Tom see in the loft of the barn that distresses him, making him feel like an old man?
(a) His thirteen year old dog, dead in the hay
(b) Rotted timbers that need to be replaced
(c) Anna and Will in each other's arms, kissing
(d) His gray haired wife, shooing the owls away
4. What does Will ask Mr. and Mrs. Brangwen after he and Anna kiss in the cornfield?
(a) He asks that they tell Anna he is leaving.
(b) He asks for her hand in marriage.
(c) He asks if he can court Anna.
(d) He asks if he can work on the farm.
5. How does Will view Anna as they wait to be married?
(a) She will make a wonderful home maker.
(b) He is having second thoughts about her.
(c) She is a flame that consumes him.
(d) She is becoming boring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tom's secret desire for Anna?
2. Where do the wedding party and guests go after the wedding ceremony?
3. What is Ursula's impression of her father?
4. Why does Tom love to visit Anna and William?
5. What angers Anna about Will's attitude at church?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)