|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tom Brangwen die after returning home from Nottingham?
(a) He dies in his sleep.
(b) He has a heart attack.
(c) He drowns in the flood.
(d) His horse kicks him in the head.
2. How does Tom finally meet Mrs. Lensky, carrying on a conversation with her?
(a) She meets him at church.
(b) She meets him on the road near his house.
(c) She meets him at the market.
(d) She comes to his farm asking for butter.
3. What is William's reaction when he steps through the doors of the cathedral?
(a) He is disappointed by the architecture.
(b) He is impressed with the murals.
(c) He doesn't feel any emotion.
(d) His soul soars up into the church.
4. What does Alfred tell Tom every person must do?
(a) Go on with life by yourself
(b) Be happy to have a wife to go through life with
(c) No one can be happy alone.
(d) Everyone needs other people
5. What does Anna say to Tom that cuts him to the heart?
(a) She tells him that she is never getting married.
(b) She tells him that she hates her mother.
(c) She tells him that he is not her father.
(d) She tells him she is moving away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anna find refreshing about the Skrebensky's relationship?
2. What is Anna's initial reaction when the eleven men start singing in the garden of the cottage, outside Anna and Will's window?
3. Who does Tom believe he is destined to marry?
4. How does Christian life affect the Brangwens?
5. How does Tom think his brother Alfred feels about him?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)