|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Anna's initial reaction when the eleven men start singing in the garden of the cottage, outside Anna and Will's window?
2. When does a darkness and dread come over Lydia's mind?
(a) When she marries Paul Lensky
(b) After her two children die of diphtheria
(c) At the start of the war
(d) When she becomes a nurse
3. How does Anna get along with other children?
(a) She gets along with everyone.
(b) She loves being around other children.
(c) She dominates them, feeling they are inferior.
(d) She sees them as equals and has many friends.
4. Where do the wedding party and guests go after the wedding ceremony?
(a) To the Marsh farm for a large meal
(b) To the church hall for dinner and dancing
(c) To Alfred Brangwen's house for a reception
(d) To the pub for drinks
5. Why does Anna relinquish her adventurous spirit and wonder of the unknown?
(a) She becomes content with another pregnancy.
(b) She is beaten down by William.
(c) Her father tells her to grow up.
(d) Her mother tells her to be a responsible wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invites Anna and William to visit them in Briswell?
2. What gives Anna complete happiness and fulfillment?
3. Where does Tom take Anna as she hysterically cries for her mother?
4. Whose imminent visit from Nottingham excites the 18-year-old Anna?
5. What does Tom see in the loft of the barn that distresses him, making him feel like an old man?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)