|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would happen to the women of Cossethay if the vicar, Lord William, and Mrs. Hardy were taken away from them?
(a) They would feel more successful with their lives.
(b) They would feel more at ease in public.
(c) They would be heavy, uninspired, and hateful.
(d) They would feel less intimidated.
2. What does Alfred tell Tom every person must do?
(a) Be happy to have a wife to go through life with
(b) No one can be happy alone.
(c) Go on with life by yourself
(d) Everyone needs other people
3. What does William do to help him stop worrying about life and relaxing?
(a) He rides his horse through the country side.
(b) He goes for long walks.
(c) He carves wood.
(d) He visits his local church which he loves.
4. What do Anna and William go to see that excites him so much?
(a) The Thames
(b) Lincoln Cathedral
(c) Westminster Abbey
(d) The Tower of London
5. What is Anna's reaction when Tom carries her into the barn?
(a) She screams hysterically.
(b) She knocks over the cow's food pail.
(c) She kicks and screams.
(d) She becomes quiet and still.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does William suffer behind his bright face?
2. How does Lydia act toward Tom when she becomes pregnant?
3. How does Will react to Anna's preparations for a tea party?
4. What does Tom see in the loft of the barn that distresses him, making him feel like an old man?
5. Where have generations of Brangwens lived?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)