|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Anna view her relationship with her cousin Will?
(a) He is her escape from the farm into the outside world.
(b) She is indifferent to him.
(c) She finds him stupid and useless.
(d) She finds him annoying.
2. What is Anna unable to tell William for four days, while they battle with each other?
(a) She is sorry.
(b) She wants to leave him.
(c) She loves someone else.
(d) She is pregnant.
3. What do Tom, Alfred, Frank, the brother-in-law, William's brother, and six other men decide to do after Anna and Will leave for their cottage?
(a) They decide to have a horse race.
(b) They decide to go to the cottage and sing a carol.
(c) They decide to have wrestling matches.
(d) They decide to go to the pub for a drink.
4. What does Alfred tell Tom every person must do?
(a) Go on with life by yourself
(b) Everyone needs other people
(c) Be happy to have a wife to go through life with
(d) No one can be happy alone.
5. Who invites Anna and William to visit them in Briswell?
(a) Paul Lensky
(b) Alfred Brangwen
(c) Baron Skrebensky and his new wife, Millicent
(d) Frank Brangwen
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the care of the farm fall upon Tom's shoulders when he is eighteen?
2. What does Tom say a man's soul and a woman's soul united in marriage becomes?
3. What does William do to help him stop worrying about life and relaxing?
4. What does Tom crave more than ever from his wife?
5. How do Anna and Will react as the men continue singing in the garden?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)