|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does everyone at the wedding party get excited over, shouting and applauding?
(a) Anna and William are about to leave.
(b) Anna and will have the first dance.
(c) Tom and his wife dance in the middle of the parlor.
(d) The men act out the mystery play of St. George.
2. What does Tom find hard to bear when he thinks about Mrs. Lensky?
(a) He can't bear that she was married before.
(b) He can't stand that she has a daughter.
(c) He can't bear that she is six years older than he is.
(d) He can't stand that they are complete strangers to each other.
3. What is Tom's reaction to Lydia after they are married and the guests leave?
(a) He is ecstatic with joy and cannot wait to hold her.
(b) He is indifferent to his new wife.
(c) He is terrified at her strangeness and cannot meet her eyes.
(d) He is rough and cruel to her.
4. What is Lydia's mental state in the last few months of her pregnancy?
(a) She is looking forward to the baby's birth.
(b) She is depressed, cries, and doesn't want Tom near her.
(c) She is spending more time with Tom.
(d) She is always singing and sewing.
5. How do Anna and Will react as the men continue singing in the garden?
(a) They go to another room, so they won't hear the singing.
(b) They become angry, wishing the men would leave.
(c) They hold each other close, no longer hearing the voices.
(d) They look out the window and join in the singing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tom's reaction when Mrs. Lensky agrees to marry him?
2. Whose imminent visit from Nottingham excites the 18-year-old Anna?
3. When does Tom find the end of youth's passionate desire, losing his individuality?
4. How does Anna get along with other children?
5. How does Tom react when Anna refuses to let Tilly put her in her nightdress?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)