|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason Tom Brangwen's wife believes the vicar's children are seen as superior to her own?
(a) Heritage and money
(b) Education and experience
(c) Class and virtue
(d) Wealth and power
2. Who does Tom believe he is destined to marry?
(a) Tilly's sister
(b) The vicar's daughter
(c) The Polish widow, Mrs. Lensky
3. Whose imminent visit from Nottingham excites the 18-year-old Anna?
(a) Her cousin Will
(b) Her real father
(c) Her Uncle Alfred
(d) Her friend, Tilly
4. What does Anna find refreshing about the Skrebensky's relationship?
(a) They smile at one another intimately.
(b) They always hold hands.
(c) They are as one person, totally involved with each other.
(d) They are free in their isolation and detachment from one another.
5. What is Anna's emotional response to the cathedral?
(a) She feels God is alive at the altar.
(b) She wants to remain in its confines forever.
(c) She is in awe, but prefers the freedom of the sky.
(d) She finally agrees with William's passion for the church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is William's reaction when he steps through the doors of the cathedral?
2. What does William do to help him stop worrying about life and relaxing?
3. Why does William suffer behind his bright face?
4. Where is Anna's favorite place to stop on the way to the cattle market?
5. How does Lydia act toward Tom when she becomes pregnant?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)