|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Anna relinquish her adventurous spirit and wonder of the unknown?
(a) She is beaten down by William.
(b) She becomes content with another pregnancy.
(c) Her mother tells her to be a responsible wife.
(d) Her father tells her to grow up.
2. What are William's thoughts about the cathedral as he returns home?
(a) The cathedral doorway to eternity is false.
(b) The cathedral is his doorway to heaven.
(c) The cathedral is his absolute.
(d) The cathedral is his reality.
3. What is the reason Tom Brangwen's wife believes the vicar's children are seen as superior to her own?
(a) Wealth and power
(b) Class and virtue
(c) Heritage and money
(d) Education and experience
4. When does Tom find the end of youth's passionate desire, losing his individuality?
(a) After three days of praying
(b) After three days of working in the fields
(c) After three days of constant brandy drinking
(d) After three days of silence and solitude
5. What does Will ask Mr. and Mrs. Brangwen after he and Anna kiss in the cornfield?
(a) He asks if he can court Anna.
(b) He asks that they tell Anna he is leaving.
(c) He asks if he can work on the farm.
(d) He asks for her hand in marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tom finally meet Mrs. Lensky, carrying on a conversation with her?
2. Whose imminent visit from Nottingham excites the 18-year-old Anna?
3. Why does the town of Cossethay grow quickly, making the Brangwen's richer?
4. What does everyone at the wedding party get excited over, shouting and applauding?
5. What does Will discover about himself as he kisses Anna in the moonlight?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)