|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift does Tom give Will and Anna for their wedding?
(a) He gives them a cottage in Cossethay.
(b) He gives them a horse and carriage.
(c) He gives them a share in the farm.
(d) He gives them his favorite stallion.
2. What is it about Anna that leaves William unsatisfied and unfulfilled?
(a) Her flowery innocence
(b) Her ugly nature
(c) Her maturity
(d) Her pregnancy
3. What is William's reaction when he steps through the doors of the cathedral?
(a) He is impressed with the murals.
(b) His soul soars up into the church.
(c) He doesn't feel any emotion.
(d) He is disappointed by the architecture.
4. How does Tom finally meet Mrs. Lensky, carrying on a conversation with her?
(a) She meets him at church.
(b) She meets him at the market.
(c) She comes to his farm asking for butter.
(d) She meets him on the road near his house.
5. What is Tom contemplating as he stands at the altar with Anna on her wedding day?
(a) How does a person grow old and become confident?
(b) Should he refuse to give Anna away?
(c) Should he take Anna and leave the church?
(d) What will his life be like without Anna?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are William's thoughts about the cathedral as he returns home?
2. Where have generations of Brangwens lived?
3. What does Will discover about himself as he kisses Anna in the moonlight?
4. Who does Tom believe he is destined to marry?
5. When do Effie and Tom begin fiercely quarreling with each other?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)