|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tom's reaction to Lydia after they are married and the guests leave?
(a) He is ecstatic with joy and cannot wait to hold her.
(b) He is indifferent to his new wife.
(c) He is terrified at her strangeness and cannot meet her eyes.
(d) He is rough and cruel to her.
2. Why does Anna relinquish her adventurous spirit and wonder of the unknown?
(a) Her father tells her to grow up.
(b) She is beaten down by William.
(c) She becomes content with another pregnancy.
(d) Her mother tells her to be a responsible wife.
3. How does Will react to Anna's preparations for a tea party?
(a) He is angry, retreating into blackness.
(b) He is glad to be back in the world.
(c) He is excited, helping with the cleaning.
(d) He can't wait to see other people.
4. When do Effie and Tom begin fiercely quarreling with each other?
(a) After the death of their mother
(b) When Effie becomes engaged
(c) When Tom gets back from school
(d) After their father breaks his neck
5. What does Tom crave more than ever from his wife?
(b) Her stories about Poland
(c) Love and passion
(d) Quiet conversations
Short Answer Questions
1. What gives Anna complete happiness and fulfillment?
2. How does Anna feel about people she meets outside the Marsh farm?
3. What is the reason Tom Brangwen's wife believes the vicar's children are seen as superior to her own?
4. Why does the care of the farm fall upon Tom's shoulders when he is eighteen?
5. Who is the person Anna meets that she considers a real person of consequence?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)