|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lydia's mental state in the last few months of her pregnancy?
(a) She is spending more time with Tom.
(b) She is looking forward to the baby's birth.
(c) She is depressed, cries, and doesn't want Tom near her.
(d) She is always singing and sewing.
2. Why does Tom love to visit Anna and William?
(a) Because he likes to get away from home
(b) Because he misses Anna
(c) Because it keeps him from work
(d) Because they are glowing and full of life
3. What does William do to help him stop worrying about life and relaxing?
(a) He rides his horse through the country side.
(b) He visits his local church which he loves.
(c) He carves wood.
(d) He goes for long walks.
4. What does Will Brangwen feel guilty about while he is on his honeymoon?
(a) For shutting himself off from the world
(b) For wanting Anna so much
(c) For ignoring Anna
(d) For never wanting to go back to the world
5. What is the bitter lesson Tom learns after his son is born?
(a) Lydia does not want him ever again.
(b) He wants to be with other women.
(c) He does not want Lydia as much as he used to.
(d) Lydia does not want him as much as he wants her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brangwen find to replace the desires he has for his wife?
2. How does Anna feel about Tom after the baby is born?
3. What does Tom crave more than ever from his wife?
4. Why does the town of Cossethay grow quickly, making the Brangwen's richer?
5. What is Anna unable to tell William for four days, while they battle with each other?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)