|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the town of Cossethay grow quickly, making the Brangwen's richer?
(a) The town offers public education
(b) The Midland Railway comes down the valley.
(c) There is a goldrush.
(d) More people are getting married and having children
2. How does Anna feel about Tom after the baby is born?
(a) She still resents him.
(b) She grows to love him, spending more time with him.
(c) She ignores him.
(d) She wants to move away from him with her mother and the baby.
3. Why does Tom love to visit Anna and William?
(a) Because he misses Anna
(b) Because it keeps him from work
(c) Because he likes to get away from home
(d) Because they are glowing and full of life
4. What does William witness that torments him for the rest of his life?
(a) A child drowning in the pond
(b) An old woman, dead and alone for two weeks
(c) The pregnant Anna, dancing naked in the bedroom
(d) A violent knifing in Cossethay
5. What does Anna say to Tom that cuts him to the heart?
(a) She tells him that she hates her mother.
(b) She tells him she is moving away.
(c) She tells him that she is never getting married.
(d) She tells him that he is not her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Millicent Skrebensky annoyed with William?
2. How does Tom feel about his new son?
3. How does Lydia act toward Tom when she becomes pregnant?
4. When does Tom find the end of youth's passionate desire, losing his individuality?
5. What angers Anna about Will's attitude at church?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)