|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Anna relinquish her adventurous spirit and wonder of the unknown?
(a) Her father tells her to grow up.
(b) She is beaten down by William.
(c) She becomes content with another pregnancy.
(d) Her mother tells her to be a responsible wife.
2. What does everyone at the wedding party get excited over, shouting and applauding?
(a) Anna and will have the first dance.
(b) Tom and his wife dance in the middle of the parlor.
(c) Anna and William are about to leave.
(d) The men act out the mystery play of St. George.
3. How successful is Tom Brangwen at his school studies?
(a) His brain is slow, hopeless, and good for nothing.
(b) He is at the top of his class in mathematics
(c) He is the best reader in the class.
(d) He is above average in all his studies
4. How does Anna feel about herself as she drives to the wedding with her father?
(a) She feels ugly and inferior.
(b) She is embarrassed by her father's crassness.
(c) She is ecstatic, feeling lovely and flamboyant.
(d) She is nervous and self-conscious.
5. Why does William suffer behind his bright face?
(a) He knows he is limited and unfulfilled.
(b) He knows he will never be close to Ursula.
(c) He fears the will of God.
(d) He doesn't have enough to do.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason Tom Brangwen's wife believes the vicar's children are seen as superior to her own?
2. What is Lydia's mental state in the last few months of her pregnancy?
3. What is the deep trouble that is between Anna and William?
4. Where is Anna's favorite place to stop on the way to the cattle market?
5. What is Tom's reaction when Mrs. Lensky agrees to marry him?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)