|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Anna's emotional response to the cathedral?
(a) She finally agrees with William's passion for the church.
(b) She wants to remain in its confines forever.
(c) She is in awe, but prefers the freedom of the sky.
(d) She feels God is alive at the altar.
2. Why is Tom glad that his wife Lydia is there for him on Anna's wedding day?
(a) She will tell him what he should do during the ceremony.
(b) She will sustain him among all of the people attending the wedding.
(c) She will arrange the party after the wedding.
(d) She will help him forget his loss of Anna.
3. How successful is Tom Brangwen at his school studies?
(a) He is at the top of his class in mathematics
(b) His brain is slow, hopeless, and good for nothing.
(c) He is above average in all his studies
(d) He is the best reader in the class.
4. What does Will discover about himself as he kisses Anna in the moonlight?
(a) He wants her desperately.
(b) He doesn't care for Anna.
(c) He loves Anna.
(d) He does not want Anna.
5. Why does the care of the farm fall upon Tom's shoulders when he is eighteen?
(a) His father feels he is ready to take on the responsibility
(b) His mother forces him to do the farming.
(c) His father falls off the stack, breaking his neck.
(d) His brother, Alfred, tells his he has to do the farming.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the wedding party and guests go after the wedding ceremony?
2. How does Will react to Anna's preparations for a tea party?
3. Why is Millicent Skrebensky annoyed with William?
4. What does William witness that torments him for the rest of his life?
5. What is Lydia's mental state in the last few months of her pregnancy?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)