|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anna find refreshing about the Skrebensky's relationship?
(a) They smile at one another intimately.
(b) They are free in their isolation and detachment from one another.
(c) They always hold hands.
(d) They are as one person, totally involved with each other.
2. How does Tom feel about his new son?
(a) He wishes he had a baby girl instead.
(b) He loves his son more than his step-daughter, Anna.
(c) He adores his new son and wants to hold him constantly.
(d) He loves Anna more than his own son.
3. How does William become reborn, learning to be himself and alone?
(a) He forces Anna to sleep in another room.
(b) He goes to church every day.
(c) He leaves Anna for two weeks.
(d) Anna forces him to sleep alone.
4. How does Will view Anna as they wait to be married?
(a) She is becoming boring.
(b) She will make a wonderful home maker.
(c) He is having second thoughts about her.
(d) She is a flame that consumes him.
5. What is the bitter lesson Tom learns after his son is born?
(a) He does not want Lydia as much as he used to.
(b) Lydia does not want him ever again.
(c) Lydia does not want him as much as he wants her.
(d) He wants to be with other women.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Anna feel about people she meets outside the Marsh farm?
2. How does Anna react as she sits at the bar while Tom goes to sell his cow at the cattle market?
3. What does William witness that torments him for the rest of his life?
4. What is Lydia's mental state in the last few months of her pregnancy?
5. What does Tom crave more than ever from his wife?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)