|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom crave more than ever from his wife?
(a) Quiet conversations
(b) Her stories about Poland
(d) Love and passion
2. What is Tom's reaction to Lydia after they are married and the guests leave?
(a) He is terrified at her strangeness and cannot meet her eyes.
(b) He is rough and cruel to her.
(c) He is ecstatic with joy and cannot wait to hold her.
(d) He is indifferent to his new wife.
3. Whose imminent visit from Nottingham excites the 18-year-old Anna?
(a) Her real father
(b) Her friend, Tilly
(c) Her cousin Will
(d) Her Uncle Alfred
4. Where do the wedding party and guests go after the wedding ceremony?
(a) To the church hall for dinner and dancing
(b) To Alfred Brangwen's house for a reception
(c) To the pub for drinks
(d) To the Marsh farm for a large meal
5. Why does the town of Cossethay grow quickly, making the Brangwen's richer?
(a) More people are getting married and having children
(b) The town offers public education
(c) There is a goldrush.
(d) The Midland Railway comes down the valley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Tom glad that his wife Lydia is there for him on Anna's wedding day?
2. What is Anna's emotional response to the cathedral?
3. As Anna observes the Skrebensky's relationship, what does she wish for herself?
4. When does a darkness and dread come over Lydia's mind?
5. How does Anna view her relationship with her cousin Will?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)