|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lydia emerge from her indifference, becoming a new person?
(a) She falls in love with the vicar.
(b) She meets Tom Brangwen in Cossethay.
(c) She lives through her daughter.
(d) She decides to move back to Poland.
2. As Anna observes the Skrebensky's relationship, what does she wish for herself?
(a) She wants to be as one person with William.
(b) She wishes she and William were closer.
(c) She wishes William was more dominant.
(d) She wants her own life, not absorbed by William.
3. What does Anna find refreshing about the Skrebensky's relationship?
(a) They smile at one another intimately.
(b) They are as one person, totally involved with each other.
(c) They always hold hands.
(d) They are free in their isolation and detachment from one another.
4. What does Tom say a man's soul and a woman's soul united in marriage becomes?
(a) A happy couple
(b) Everlasting partners
(c) Soul mates
(d) An angel
5. Where does Tom take Anna as she hysterically cries for her mother?
(a) He takes her to the kitchen for a glass of water.
(b) He takes her in the quiet, warm barn to feed the cows.
(c) He takes her to her bed, demanding that she stop crying.
(d) He takes her to her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the town of Cossethay grow quickly, making the Brangwen's richer?
2. Who dominates the whole wedding party?
3. When does a darkness and dread come over Lydia's mind?
4. What does everyone at the wedding party get excited over, shouting and applauding?
5. When do Effie and Tom begin fiercely quarreling with each other?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)