|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Anna observes the Skrebensky's relationship, what does she wish for herself?
(a) She wants to be as one person with William.
(b) She wishes she and William were closer.
(c) She wants her own life, not absorbed by William.
(d) She wishes William was more dominant.
2. What do Lydia and Tom discover about each other after two years of marriage?
(a) They realize they do not belong together.
(b) They find fulfillment in each other.
(c) They find they will never know one another.
(d) They discover they do not love one another.
3. Why does William begin to hate Anna as she talks to him about the carvings in the cathedral?
(a) She insults his carving abilities as she looks at the carvings in the church.
(b) She tells him he will never be awed as she is with the cathedral.
(c) She is more passionate about the cathedral than he is.
(d) She is destroying another one of his illusions.
4. Where does Tom take Anna as she hysterically cries for her mother?
(a) He takes her to her bed, demanding that she stop crying.
(b) He takes her to her mother.
(c) He takes her in the quiet, warm barn to feed the cows.
(d) He takes her to the kitchen for a glass of water.
5. What does Brangwen find to replace the desires he has for his wife?
(a) He becomes closer to Anna and drinks more.
(b) He works day and night.
(c) He spends all his time at the bar.
(d) He reads throughout the night.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Millicent Skrebensky annoyed with William?
2. How does Tom finally meet Mrs. Lensky, carrying on a conversation with her?
3. How does Lydia emerge from her indifference, becoming a new person?
4. What do Anna and William go to see that excites him so much?
5. How does Tom feel about his new son?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)