|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lydia act toward Tom when she becomes pregnant?
(a) She becomes silent and distant.
(b) She is full of life and laughter.
(c) She is constantly talking about the new baby.
(d) She wants to be with Tom constantly.
2. What does Will ask Mr. and Mrs. Brangwen after he and Anna kiss in the cornfield?
(a) He asks for her hand in marriage.
(b) He asks if he can court Anna.
(c) He asks that they tell Anna he is leaving.
(d) He asks if he can work on the farm.
3. Why does Tom love to visit Anna and William?
(a) Because he likes to get away from home
(b) Because he misses Anna
(c) Because it keeps him from work
(d) Because they are glowing and full of life
4. What continues to torment Tom even though he is proud and fulfilled in his marriage?
(a) He worries about the farm and finances.
(b) He worried that his sons will fight over the farm.
(c) He yearns for Anna's love because she is his hope.
(d) He is afraid his sons will not want the farm.
5. What gift does Tom give Will and Anna for their wedding?
(a) He gives them his favorite stallion.
(b) He gives them a cottage in Cossethay.
(c) He gives them a share in the farm.
(d) He gives them a horse and carriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does William become reborn, learning to be himself and alone?
2. What is Anna's reaction when Tom carries her into the barn?
3. What do Paul, a young doctor, and Lydia Lensky, a nurse, represent in Poland?
4. What is Tom's secret desire for Anna?
5. What does William witness that torments him for the rest of his life?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)