|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Anna feel about herself as she drives to the wedding with her father?
(a) She is embarrassed by her father's crassness.
(b) She feels ugly and inferior.
(c) She is nervous and self-conscious.
(d) She is ecstatic, feeling lovely and flamboyant.
2. What is the bitter lesson Tom learns after his son is born?
(a) He does not want Lydia as much as he used to.
(b) He wants to be with other women.
(c) Lydia does not want him as much as he wants her.
(d) Lydia does not want him ever again.
3. What continues to torment Tom even though he is proud and fulfilled in his marriage?
(a) He worried that his sons will fight over the farm.
(b) He is afraid his sons will not want the farm.
(c) He yearns for Anna's love because she is his hope.
(d) He worries about the farm and finances.
4. What does Tom find hard to bear when he thinks about Mrs. Lensky?
(a) He can't stand that she has a daughter.
(b) He can't bear that she was married before.
(c) He can't bear that she is six years older than he is.
(d) He can't stand that they are complete strangers to each other.
5. Where does Tom take Anna as she hysterically cries for her mother?
(a) He takes her in the quiet, warm barn to feed the cows.
(b) He takes her to her bed, demanding that she stop crying.
(c) He takes her to her mother.
(d) He takes her to the kitchen for a glass of water.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where have generations of Brangwens lived?
2. How does Anna feel about people she meets outside the Marsh farm?
3. What is Anna's reaction when Tom carries her into the barn?
4. What does Will Brangwen feel guilty about while he is on his honeymoon?
5. What does Brangwen find to replace the desires he has for his wife?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)