|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Anna and Will react as the men continue singing in the garden?
(a) They look out the window and join in the singing.
(b) They hold each other close, no longer hearing the voices.
(c) They go to another room, so they won't hear the singing.
(d) They become angry, wishing the men would leave.
2. How successful is Tom Brangwen at his school studies?
(a) His brain is slow, hopeless, and good for nothing.
(b) He is above average in all his studies
(c) He is the best reader in the class.
(d) He is at the top of his class in mathematics
3. What angers Anna about Will's attitude at church?
(a) He does not care about mankind.
(b) He is too devout.
(c) He is overly passionate about the sermon.
(d) He delves into the meaning of the service, ignoring her.
4. When do Effie and Tom begin fiercely quarreling with each other?
(a) When Effie becomes engaged
(b) When Tom gets back from school
(c) After the death of their mother
(d) After their father breaks his neck
5. What is Tom's secret desire for Anna?
(a) He hopes she will marry a rich man.
(b) He hopes to make her a lady.
(c) He hopes she will take over the farm someday.
(d) He hopes she will return to Poland when she grows up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does William do to help him stop worrying about life and relaxing?
2. Who dominates the whole wedding party?
3. How does Anna feel about Tom after the baby is born?
4. What is Anna's initial reaction to her mother's marriage to Tom?
5. Why is Tom glad that his wife Lydia is there for him on Anna's wedding day?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)