|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Paul, a young doctor, and Lydia Lensky, a nurse, represent in Poland?
(a) The new movement begun in Russia
(b) The obedience of Polish citizens
(c) A traditional Polish couple
(d) The joys of marriage
2. How does Anna react to her parent's relationship?
(a) She resents the relationship.
(b) She ignores both parents.
(c) She finds peace and can be a child now.
(d) She feels alone and unsafe.
3. What is the question William asks himself when he and Anna are constantly tormenting one another?
(a) Will the baby bring them together?
(b) Why can't he leave her?
(c) What gift can he get for Anna?
(d) How can he be nicer to Anna?
4. How does Tom feel as he watches his wife in the pain of childbirth?
(a) He is indifferent to her moans of pain.
(b) He wishes they weren't having a baby.
(c) He just wants it to be over.
(d) His heart is tortured, yet he is at peace.
5. What is Anna unable to tell William for four days, while they battle with each other?
(a) She wants to leave him.
(b) She is sorry.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She loves someone else.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will Brangwen feel guilty about while he is on his honeymoon?
2. Who invites Anna and William to visit them in Briswell?
3. How does Anna feel about people she meets outside the Marsh farm?
4. How does Tom finally meet Mrs. Lensky, carrying on a conversation with her?
5. How does Lydia emerge from her indifference, becoming a new person?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)