|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the wedding party and guests go after the wedding ceremony?
(a) To the church hall for dinner and dancing
(b) To Alfred Brangwen's house for a reception
(c) To the pub for drinks
(d) To the Marsh farm for a large meal
2. What do Lydia and Tom discover about each other after two years of marriage?
(a) They find they will never know one another.
(b) They discover they do not love one another.
(c) They find fulfillment in each other.
(d) They realize they do not belong together.
3. What is the bitter lesson Tom learns after his son is born?
(a) He wants to be with other women.
(b) Lydia does not want him ever again.
(c) Lydia does not want him as much as he wants her.
(d) He does not want Lydia as much as he used to.
4. How does Anna feel about herself as she drives to the wedding with her father?
(a) She is embarrassed by her father's crassness.
(b) She feels ugly and inferior.
(c) She is ecstatic, feeling lovely and flamboyant.
(d) She is nervous and self-conscious.
5. How does Tom finally meet Mrs. Lensky, carrying on a conversation with her?
(a) She meets him at the market.
(b) She comes to his farm asking for butter.
(c) She meets him on the road near his house.
(d) She meets him at church.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tom feel about his new son?
2. What is William's reaction when he steps through the doors of the cathedral?
3. Why does William suffer behind his bright face?
4. What does William do to help him stop worrying about life and relaxing?
5. What does Will discover about himself as he kisses Anna in the moonlight?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)