|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does William witness that torments him for the rest of his life?
(a) An old woman, dead and alone for two weeks
(b) The pregnant Anna, dancing naked in the bedroom
(c) A violent knifing in Cossethay
(d) A child drowning in the pond
2. What does Alfred tell Tom every person must do?
(a) Go on with life by yourself
(b) Everyone needs other people
(c) No one can be happy alone.
(d) Be happy to have a wife to go through life with
3. How does Lydia act toward Tom when she becomes pregnant?
(a) She is constantly talking about the new baby.
(b) She wants to be with Tom constantly.
(c) She becomes silent and distant.
(d) She is full of life and laughter.
4. How does Will react to Anna's preparations for a tea party?
(a) He is glad to be back in the world.
(b) He is angry, retreating into blackness.
(c) He is excited, helping with the cleaning.
(d) He can't wait to see other people.
5. What is the reason Tom Brangwen's wife believes the vicar's children are seen as superior to her own?
(a) Heritage and money
(b) Class and virtue
(c) Wealth and power
(d) Education and experience
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Lydia and Tom discover about each other after two years of marriage?
2. When do Effie and Tom begin fiercely quarreling with each other?
3. What does Tom crave more than ever from his wife?
4. How does Tom think his brother Alfred feels about him?
5. How does Will view Anna as they wait to be married?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)