|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lydia's mental state in the last few months of her pregnancy?
(a) She is always singing and sewing.
(b) She is spending more time with Tom.
(c) She is looking forward to the baby's birth.
(d) She is depressed, cries, and doesn't want Tom near her.
2. What does Alfred tell Tom every person must do?
(a) Everyone needs other people
(b) Be happy to have a wife to go through life with
(c) No one can be happy alone.
(d) Go on with life by yourself
3. Who dominates the whole wedding party?
(a) Anna and William
(b) Alfred Brangwen's wife
(c) Tom, Alfred, and Frank Brangwen
(d) Lydia Brangwen
4. How does Anna react as she sits at the bar while Tom goes to sell his cow at the cattle market?
(a) She likes talking to all the men at the market.
(b) She enjoys all the men, smells, and noise around her.
(c) She feels alone and thinks Tom will never come back to get her.
(d) She feels grown up and hopes Tom will stay away for a while.
5. How do Anna and Will react as the men continue singing in the garden?
(a) They become angry, wishing the men would leave.
(b) They go to another room, so they won't hear the singing.
(c) They hold each other close, no longer hearing the voices.
(d) They look out the window and join in the singing.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do Effie and Tom begin fiercely quarreling with each other?
2. What is the first woodworking gift Will gives to Anna?
3. How does Tom think his brother Alfred feels about him?
4. How does Anna view her relationship with her cousin Will?
5. How does Anna feel about herself as she drives to the wedding with her father?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)