|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How successful is Tom Brangwen at his school studies?
(a) He is the best reader in the class.
(b) He is above average in all his studies
(c) He is at the top of his class in mathematics
(d) His brain is slow, hopeless, and good for nothing.
2. What continues to torment Tom even though he is proud and fulfilled in his marriage?
(a) He worried that his sons will fight over the farm.
(b) He yearns for Anna's love because she is his hope.
(c) He is afraid his sons will not want the farm.
(d) He worries about the farm and finances.
3. What is Lydia's mental state in the last few months of her pregnancy?
(a) She is depressed, cries, and doesn't want Tom near her.
(b) She is looking forward to the baby's birth.
(c) She is always singing and sewing.
(d) She is spending more time with Tom.
4. How does Anna feel about Tom after the baby is born?
(a) She wants to move away from him with her mother and the baby.
(b) She still resents him.
(c) She ignores him.
(d) She grows to love him, spending more time with him.
5. What does Will ask Mr. and Mrs. Brangwen after he and Anna kiss in the cornfield?
(a) He asks for her hand in marriage.
(b) He asks if he can work on the farm.
(c) He asks that they tell Anna he is leaving.
(d) He asks if he can court Anna.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tom believe he is destined to marry?
2. What does Tom say a man's soul and a woman's soul united in marriage becomes?
3. Why does Tom love to visit Anna and William?
4. What does William witness that torments him for the rest of his life?
5. How does Anna feel about people she meets outside the Marsh farm?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)