|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tom think his brother Alfred feels about him?
(a) Sees him as a child
(b) Favors him over Frank
(c) Loves him
(d) Despises him a little
2. How does Anna feel about Tom after the baby is born?
(a) She ignores him.
(b) She grows to love him, spending more time with him.
(c) She wants to move away from him with her mother and the baby.
(d) She still resents him.
3. How does Anna react as she sits at the bar while Tom goes to sell his cow at the cattle market?
(a) She feels alone and thinks Tom will never come back to get her.
(b) She enjoys all the men, smells, and noise around her.
(c) She feels grown up and hopes Tom will stay away for a while.
(d) She likes talking to all the men at the market.
4. What does Tom crave more than ever from his wife?
(a) Her stories about Poland
(b) Quiet conversations
(d) Love and passion
5. What is Anna's reaction when Tom carries her into the barn?
(a) She becomes quiet and still.
(b) She screams hysterically.
(c) She knocks over the cow's food pail.
(d) She kicks and screams.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will discover about himself as he kisses Anna in the moonlight?
2. What is the bitter lesson Tom learns after his son is born?
3. What would happen to the women of Cossethay if the vicar, Lord William, and Mrs. Hardy were taken away from them?
4. Why does Anna relinquish her adventurous spirit and wonder of the unknown?
5. What is Anna's initial reaction when the eleven men start singing in the garden of the cottage, outside Anna and Will's window?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)