|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does William witness that torments him for the rest of his life?
(a) A violent knifing in Cossethay
(b) A child drowning in the pond
(c) The pregnant Anna, dancing naked in the bedroom
(d) An old woman, dead and alone for two weeks
2. What is Anna's initial reaction to her mother's marriage to Tom?
(a) She is glad her mother has a husband.
(b) She accepts Tom immediately.
(c) She is happy to have a father.
(d) She is angry, wanting to move away.
3. What does Will Brangwen feel guilty about while he is on his honeymoon?
(a) For shutting himself off from the world
(b) For never wanting to go back to the world
(c) For ignoring Anna
(d) For wanting Anna so much
4. What is the reason Tom Brangwen's wife believes the vicar's children are seen as superior to her own?
(a) Education and experience
(b) Wealth and power
(c) Class and virtue
(d) Heritage and money
5. How does Tom feel about himself after meeting Alfred's lover, the lady, Mrs. Forbes?
(a) He is thankful that he doesn't need to live up to a lady's expectations.
(b) He regrets taking over the farm and not making more of his life.
(c) He is content with his way of life.
(d) He is glad he has the quiet life of a farmer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does everyone at the wedding party get excited over, shouting and applauding?
2. What do Lydia and Tom discover about each other after two years of marriage?
3. What does Will ask Mr. and Mrs. Brangwen after he and Anna kiss in the cornfield?
4. Why is Tom glad that his wife Lydia is there for him on Anna's wedding day?
5. What is the bitter lesson Tom learns after his son is born?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)