|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What continues to torment Tom even though he is proud and fulfilled in his marriage?
(a) He yearns for Anna's love because she is his hope.
(b) He worried that his sons will fight over the farm.
(c) He worries about the farm and finances.
(d) He is afraid his sons will not want the farm.
2. What do Paul, a young doctor, and Lydia Lensky, a nurse, represent in Poland?
(a) The joys of marriage
(b) The new movement begun in Russia
(c) A traditional Polish couple
(d) The obedience of Polish citizens
3. What is Lydia's mental state in the last few months of her pregnancy?
(a) She is looking forward to the baby's birth.
(b) She is spending more time with Tom.
(c) She is depressed, cries, and doesn't want Tom near her.
(d) She is always singing and sewing.
4. What is the deep trouble that is between Anna and William?
(a) Anna complains about money.
(b) William won't let Anna go to church.
(c) William dislikes Anna's father.
(d) Anna mocks William's religious beliefs.
5. What is the description of the relationship between Anna and William in this chapter?
(a) It is full of love and conflict.
(b) It is an equal partnership.
(c) It is full of humor and longing.
(d) It is carefree and loving.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the town of Cossethay grow quickly, making the Brangwen's richer?
2. What is Tom's secret desire for Anna?
3. What gift does Tom give Will and Anna for their wedding?
4. What is the question William asks himself when he and Anna are constantly tormenting one another?
5. What does William witness that torments him for the rest of his life?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)