|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How successful is Tom Brangwen at his school studies?
(a) He is above average in all his studies
(b) His brain is slow, hopeless, and good for nothing.
(c) He is the best reader in the class.
(d) He is at the top of his class in mathematics
2. Who does Tom believe he is destined to marry?
(b) Tilly's sister
(c) The vicar's daughter
(d) The Polish widow, Mrs. Lensky
3. What does Anna say to Tom that cuts him to the heart?
(a) She tells him that he is not her father.
(b) She tells him she is moving away.
(c) She tells him that she is never getting married.
(d) She tells him that she hates her mother.
4. What is Lydia's mental state in the last few months of her pregnancy?
(a) She is depressed, cries, and doesn't want Tom near her.
(b) She is looking forward to the baby's birth.
(c) She is always singing and sewing.
(d) She is spending more time with Tom.
5. What does Will discover about himself as he kisses Anna in the moonlight?
(a) He wants her desperately.
(b) He loves Anna.
(c) He does not want Anna.
(d) He doesn't care for Anna.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tom think his brother Alfred feels about him?
2. What do Tom, Alfred, Frank, the brother-in-law, William's brother, and six other men decide to do after Anna and Will leave for their cottage?
3. What does Alfred tell Tom every person must do?
4. Where do the wedding party and guests go after the wedding ceremony?
5. How does Will view Anna as they wait to be married?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)