|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tom's secret desire for Anna?
(a) He hopes she will marry a rich man.
(b) He hopes to make her a lady.
(c) He hopes she will take over the farm someday.
(d) He hopes she will return to Poland when she grows up.
2. How does Will react to Anna's preparations for a tea party?
(a) He is glad to be back in the world.
(b) He can't wait to see other people.
(c) He is angry, retreating into blackness.
(d) He is excited, helping with the cleaning.
3. What is the question William asks himself when he and Anna are constantly tormenting one another?
(a) Will the baby bring them together?
(b) What gift can he get for Anna?
(c) How can he be nicer to Anna?
(d) Why can't he leave her?
4. How does Anna feel about Tom after the baby is born?
(a) She ignores him.
(b) She grows to love him, spending more time with him.
(c) She wants to move away from him with her mother and the baby.
(d) She still resents him.
5. Where do the wedding party and guests go after the wedding ceremony?
(a) To Alfred Brangwen's house for a reception
(b) To the Marsh farm for a large meal
(c) To the church hall for dinner and dancing
(d) To the pub for drinks
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will ask Mr. and Mrs. Brangwen after he and Anna kiss in the cornfield?
2. When does a darkness and dread come over Lydia's mind?
3. Who does Tom believe he is destined to marry?
4. How does Anna react to her parent's relationship?
5. What do Tom, Alfred, Frank, the brother-in-law, William's brother, and six other men decide to do after Anna and Will leave for their cottage?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)