|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Anna get along with other children?
(a) She gets along with everyone.
(b) She dominates them, feeling they are inferior.
(c) She sees them as equals and has many friends.
(d) She loves being around other children.
2. What do Lydia and Tom discover about each other after two years of marriage?
(a) They find they will never know one another.
(b) They discover they do not love one another.
(c) They realize they do not belong together.
(d) They find fulfillment in each other.
3. How does Tom finally meet Mrs. Lensky, carrying on a conversation with her?
(a) She meets him at the market.
(b) She comes to his farm asking for butter.
(c) She meets him on the road near his house.
(d) She meets him at church.
4. Who dominates the whole wedding party?
(a) Lydia Brangwen
(b) Alfred Brangwen's wife
(c) Tom, Alfred, and Frank Brangwen
(d) Anna and William
5. What does William witness that torments him for the rest of his life?
(a) An old woman, dead and alone for two weeks
(b) A child drowning in the pond
(c) A violent knifing in Cossethay
(d) The pregnant Anna, dancing naked in the bedroom
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Anna feel about herself as she drives to the wedding with her father?
2. Why does Tom love to visit Anna and William?
3. How does Will view Anna as they wait to be married?
4. When does Tom find the end of youth's passionate desire, losing his individuality?
5. Why does the care of the farm fall upon Tom's shoulders when he is eighteen?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)