|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tom's secret desire for Anna?
(a) He hopes she will return to Poland when she grows up.
(b) He hopes to make her a lady.
(c) He hopes she will take over the farm someday.
(d) He hopes she will marry a rich man.
2. Why does the care of the farm fall upon Tom's shoulders when he is eighteen?
(a) His father feels he is ready to take on the responsibility
(b) His brother, Alfred, tells his he has to do the farming.
(c) His mother forces him to do the farming.
(d) His father falls off the stack, breaking his neck.
3. What angers Anna about Will's attitude at church?
(a) He is too devout.
(b) He does not care about mankind.
(c) He delves into the meaning of the service, ignoring her.
(d) He is overly passionate about the sermon.
4. How does Anna react as she sits at the bar while Tom goes to sell his cow at the cattle market?
(a) She feels alone and thinks Tom will never come back to get her.
(b) She enjoys all the men, smells, and noise around her.
(c) She likes talking to all the men at the market.
(d) She feels grown up and hopes Tom will stay away for a while.
5. What does William witness that torments him for the rest of his life?
(a) An old woman, dead and alone for two weeks
(b) A child drowning in the pond
(c) The pregnant Anna, dancing naked in the bedroom
(d) A violent knifing in Cossethay
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lydia act toward Tom when she becomes pregnant?
2. How does Tom feel about himself after meeting Alfred's lover, the lady, Mrs. Forbes?
3. What gift does Tom give Will and Anna for their wedding?
4. How does Will react to Anna's preparations for a tea party?
5. How does Anna feel about herself as she drives to the wedding with her father?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)