|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Anna relinquish her adventurous spirit and wonder of the unknown?
(a) Her mother tells her to be a responsible wife.
(b) Her father tells her to grow up.
(c) She becomes content with another pregnancy.
(d) She is beaten down by William.
2. How does Tom feel about his new son?
(a) He loves his son more than his step-daughter, Anna.
(b) He loves Anna more than his own son.
(c) He wishes he had a baby girl instead.
(d) He adores his new son and wants to hold him constantly.
3. How does Tom feel as he watches his wife in the pain of childbirth?
(a) He just wants it to be over.
(b) He wishes they weren't having a baby.
(c) His heart is tortured, yet he is at peace.
(d) He is indifferent to her moans of pain.
4. Whose imminent visit from Nottingham excites the 18-year-old Anna?
(a) Her cousin Will
(b) Her real father
(c) Her friend, Tilly
(d) Her Uncle Alfred
5. What do Lydia and Tom discover about each other after two years of marriage?
(a) They discover they do not love one another.
(b) They find fulfillment in each other.
(c) They find they will never know one another.
(d) They realize they do not belong together.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Tom give Will and Anna for their wedding?
2. Why is Tom glad that his wife Lydia is there for him on Anna's wedding day?
3. How does Will view Anna as they wait to be married?
4. How does Anna feel about Tom after the baby is born?
5. Who dominates the whole wedding party?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)