|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Anna react as she sits at the bar while Tom goes to sell his cow at the cattle market?
(a) She feels alone and thinks Tom will never come back to get her.
(b) She feels grown up and hopes Tom will stay away for a while.
(c) She enjoys all the men, smells, and noise around her.
(d) She likes talking to all the men at the market.
2. What does William witness that torments him for the rest of his life?
(a) A child drowning in the pond
(b) The pregnant Anna, dancing naked in the bedroom
(c) An old woman, dead and alone for two weeks
(d) A violent knifing in Cossethay
3. Why does Anna relinquish her adventurous spirit and wonder of the unknown?
(a) Her mother tells her to be a responsible wife.
(b) Her father tells her to grow up.
(c) She is beaten down by William.
(d) She becomes content with another pregnancy.
4. What does Tom see in the loft of the barn that distresses him, making him feel like an old man?
(a) Anna and Will in each other's arms, kissing
(b) His gray haired wife, shooing the owls away
(c) His thirteen year old dog, dead in the hay
(d) Rotted timbers that need to be replaced
5. How does Anna feel about people she meets outside the Marsh farm?
(a) She is very friendly when meeting other people.
(b) She thinks they belittle her and despises them.
(c) She enjoys conversing with other people.
(d) She loves other people.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does William become reborn, learning to be himself and alone?
2. What is the reason Tom Brangwen's wife believes the vicar's children are seen as superior to her own?
3. How does Tom think his brother Alfred feels about him?
4. What is the description of the relationship between Anna and William in this chapter?
5. Where does Tom take Anna as she hysterically cries for her mother?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)