|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the person Anna meets that she considers a real person of consequence?
(c) Baron Skrebensky
2. What is Anna's initial reaction when the eleven men start singing in the garden of the cottage, outside Anna and Will's window?
3. How does Will react to Anna's preparations for a tea party?
(a) He can't wait to see other people.
(b) He is glad to be back in the world.
(c) He is angry, retreating into blackness.
(d) He is excited, helping with the cleaning.
4. What does William witness that torments him for the rest of his life?
(a) The pregnant Anna, dancing naked in the bedroom
(b) A child drowning in the pond
(c) An old woman, dead and alone for two weeks
(d) A violent knifing in Cossethay
5. How does Tom finally meet Mrs. Lensky, carrying on a conversation with her?
(a) She comes to his farm asking for butter.
(b) She meets him on the road near his house.
(c) She meets him at the market.
(d) She meets him at church.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tom feel about himself after meeting Alfred's lover, the lady, Mrs. Forbes?
2. How does Anna react to her parent's relationship?
3. What is the question William asks himself when he and Anna are constantly tormenting one another?
4. How does Anna view her relationship with her cousin Will?
5. What is Tom contemplating as he stands at the altar with Anna on her wedding day?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)