|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tom's secret desire for Anna?
(a) He hopes to make her a lady.
(b) He hopes she will take over the farm someday.
(c) He hopes she will marry a rich man.
(d) He hopes she will return to Poland when she grows up.
2. What is the first woodworking gift Will gives to Anna?
(a) Candlesticks with carved flowers
(b) A jewelry box carved with birds
(c) A butter stamp with a phoenix on it
(d) A wooden bowl with carved ivy
3. What do Lydia and Tom discover about each other after two years of marriage?
(a) They find they will never know one another.
(b) They find fulfillment in each other.
(c) They realize they do not belong together.
(d) They discover they do not love one another.
4. Who does Tom believe he is destined to marry?
(a) The vicar's daughter
(b) Tilly's sister
(d) The Polish widow, Mrs. Lensky
5. What is the deep trouble that is between Anna and William?
(a) Anna mocks William's religious beliefs.
(b) William dislikes Anna's father.
(c) Anna complains about money.
(d) William won't let Anna go to church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does everyone at the wedding party get excited over, shouting and applauding?
2. What is Anna's initial reaction to her mother's marriage to Tom?
3. What is Tom's attitude toward his own life while his wife is miserable?
4. Where have generations of Brangwens lived?
5. How does Anna react as she sits at the bar while Tom goes to sell his cow at the cattle market?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)