|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom find hard to bear when he thinks about Mrs. Lensky?
(a) He can't stand that they are complete strangers to each other.
(b) He can't stand that she has a daughter.
(c) He can't bear that she was married before.
(d) He can't bear that she is six years older than he is.
2. What do Lydia and Tom discover about each other after two years of marriage?
(a) They find they will never know one another.
(b) They realize they do not belong together.
(c) They find fulfillment in each other.
(d) They discover they do not love one another.
3. When does a darkness and dread come over Lydia's mind?
(a) After her two children die of diphtheria
(b) At the start of the war
(c) When she becomes a nurse
(d) When she marries Paul Lensky
4. What is the bitter lesson Tom learns after his son is born?
(a) He does not want Lydia as much as he used to.
(b) He wants to be with other women.
(c) Lydia does not want him as much as he wants her.
(d) Lydia does not want him ever again.
5. What is Anna's reaction when Tom carries her into the barn?
(a) She becomes quiet and still.
(b) She screams hysterically.
(c) She kicks and screams.
(d) She knocks over the cow's food pail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first woodworking gift Will gives to Anna?
2. What is Tom contemplating as he stands at the altar with Anna on her wedding day?
3. When do Effie and Tom begin fiercely quarreling with each other?
4. Where does Tom take Anna as she hysterically cries for her mother?
5. How does Anna get along with other children?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)