|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Anna's favorite place to stop on the way to the cattle market?
2. Why does the care of the farm fall upon Tom's shoulders when he is eighteen?
(a) His brother, Alfred, tells his he has to do the farming.
(b) His father feels he is ready to take on the responsibility
(c) His mother forces him to do the farming.
(d) His father falls off the stack, breaking his neck.
3. Where do the wedding party and guests go after the wedding ceremony?
(a) To the Marsh farm for a large meal
(b) To the church hall for dinner and dancing
(c) To the pub for drinks
(d) To Alfred Brangwen's house for a reception
4. What does Tom say a man's soul and a woman's soul united in marriage becomes?
(a) A happy couple
(b) Everlasting partners
(c) An angel
(d) Soul mates
5. What would happen to the women of Cossethay if the vicar, Lord William, and Mrs. Hardy were taken away from them?
(a) They would be heavy, uninspired, and hateful.
(b) They would feel more at ease in public.
(c) They would feel more successful with their lives.
(d) They would feel less intimidated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Anna's reaction when Tom carries her into the barn?
2. What do Paul, a young doctor, and Lydia Lensky, a nurse, represent in Poland?
3. What is Anna unable to tell William for four days, while they battle with each other?
4. Why is Tom glad that his wife Lydia is there for him on Anna's wedding day?
5. Who is the person Anna meets that she considers a real person of consequence?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)