|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tom feel about himself after meeting Alfred's lover, the lady, Mrs. Forbes?
(a) He is glad he has the quiet life of a farmer.
(b) He is content with his way of life.
(c) He is thankful that he doesn't need to live up to a lady's expectations.
(d) He regrets taking over the farm and not making more of his life.
2. How does Anna view her relationship with her cousin Will?
(a) She is indifferent to him.
(b) She finds him annoying.
(c) She finds him stupid and useless.
(d) He is her escape from the farm into the outside world.
3. Why does Tom love to visit Anna and William?
(a) Because they are glowing and full of life
(b) Because he misses Anna
(c) Because he likes to get away from home
(d) Because it keeps him from work
4. Where is Anna's favorite place to stop on the way to the cattle market?
5. What does Alfred tell Tom every person must do?
(a) Everyone needs other people
(b) Be happy to have a wife to go through life with
(c) No one can be happy alone.
(d) Go on with life by yourself
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Anna react to her parent's relationship?
2. What is Tom's reaction to Lydia after they are married and the guests leave?
3. What does Will discover about himself as he kisses Anna in the moonlight?
4. What does Tom crave more than ever from his wife?
5. What does Tom see in the loft of the barn that distresses him, making him feel like an old man?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)