|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tom react when Anna refuses to let Tilly put her in her nightdress?
(a) Tom angrily undresses Anna, putting her in her nightdress himself.
(b) Tom cuddles with Anna, saying she is a good girl.
(c) Tom spanks Anna, telling her to stop crying.
(d) Tom tells Tilly to let Anna go to bed in her clothes.
2. What does Anna say to Tom that cuts him to the heart?
(a) She tells him that he is not her father.
(b) She tells him that she is never getting married.
(c) She tells him she is moving away.
(d) She tells him that she hates her mother.
3. What is Tom contemplating as he stands at the altar with Anna on her wedding day?
(a) What will his life be like without Anna?
(b) Should he take Anna and leave the church?
(c) Should he refuse to give Anna away?
(d) How does a person grow old and become confident?
4. What does Tom crave more than ever from his wife?
(a) Quiet conversations
(b) Love and passion
(d) Her stories about Poland
5. Why does the care of the farm fall upon Tom's shoulders when he is eighteen?
(a) His brother, Alfred, tells his he has to do the farming.
(b) His father falls off the stack, breaking his neck.
(c) His mother forces him to do the farming.
(d) His father feels he is ready to take on the responsibility
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Anna feel about herself as she drives to the wedding with her father?
2. How does Anna feel about Tom after the baby is born?
3. What is Anna's initial reaction to her mother's marriage to Tom?
4. Who dominates the whole wedding party?
5. How does Will react to Anna's preparations for a tea party?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)