|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tom's reaction to Lydia after they are married and the guests leave?
(a) He is ecstatic with joy and cannot wait to hold her.
(b) He is terrified at her strangeness and cannot meet her eyes.
(c) He is rough and cruel to her.
(d) He is indifferent to his new wife.
2. What does Tom crave more than ever from his wife?
(a) Love and passion
(c) Quiet conversations
(d) Her stories about Poland
3. What do Paul, a young doctor, and Lydia Lensky, a nurse, represent in Poland?
(a) The obedience of Polish citizens
(b) The new movement begun in Russia
(c) A traditional Polish couple
(d) The joys of marriage
4. Why does Anna relinquish her adventurous spirit and wonder of the unknown?
(a) She becomes content with another pregnancy.
(b) Her father tells her to grow up.
(c) She is beaten down by William.
(d) Her mother tells her to be a responsible wife.
5. What is Anna's initial reaction to her mother's marriage to Tom?
(a) She is happy to have a father.
(b) She is glad her mother has a husband.
(c) She is angry, wanting to move away.
(d) She accepts Tom immediately.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom find hard to bear when he thinks about Mrs. Lensky?
2. What is the bitter lesson Tom learns after his son is born?
3. How does Anna react to her parent's relationship?
4. What is the question William asks himself when he and Anna are constantly tormenting one another?
5. What does William witness that torments him for the rest of his life?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)