|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom find hard to bear when he thinks about Mrs. Lensky?
(a) He can't bear that she is six years older than he is.
(b) He can't stand that they are complete strangers to each other.
(c) He can't bear that she was married before.
(d) He can't stand that she has a daughter.
2. How does Tom finally meet Mrs. Lensky, carrying on a conversation with her?
(a) She meets him on the road near his house.
(b) She meets him at church.
(c) She comes to his farm asking for butter.
(d) She meets him at the market.
3. What is Anna's initial reaction to her mother's marriage to Tom?
(a) She accepts Tom immediately.
(b) She is angry, wanting to move away.
(c) She is glad her mother has a husband.
(d) She is happy to have a father.
4. How successful is Tom Brangwen at his school studies?
(a) He is at the top of his class in mathematics
(b) He is above average in all his studies
(c) He is the best reader in the class.
(d) His brain is slow, hopeless, and good for nothing.
5. What is Tom's reaction when Mrs. Lensky agrees to marry him?
(a) He has to sit down, sealed in oblivion.
(b) He passes out.
(c) He nods his head and heads for home.
(d) He picks her up, dancing around the room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would happen to the women of Cossethay if the vicar, Lord William, and Mrs. Hardy were taken away from them?
2. How does Lydia act toward Tom when she becomes pregnant?
3. How does Anna get along with other children?
4. How does Anna react to her parent's relationship?
5. What is Anna's reaction when Tom carries her into the barn?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)