|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would happen to the women of Cossethay if the vicar, Lord William, and Mrs. Hardy were taken away from them?
(a) They would feel more successful with their lives.
(b) They would be heavy, uninspired, and hateful.
(c) They would feel more at ease in public.
(d) They would feel less intimidated.
2. Where is Anna's favorite place to stop on the way to the cattle market?
3. What is Tom's secret desire for Anna?
(a) He hopes she will marry a rich man.
(b) He hopes she will take over the farm someday.
(c) He hopes she will return to Poland when she grows up.
(d) He hopes to make her a lady.
4. How does Tom feel about his new son?
(a) He wishes he had a baby girl instead.
(b) He adores his new son and wants to hold him constantly.
(c) He loves Anna more than his own son.
(d) He loves his son more than his step-daughter, Anna.
5. What is Anna's initial reaction to her mother's marriage to Tom?
(a) She accepts Tom immediately.
(b) She is happy to have a father.
(c) She is glad her mother has a husband.
(d) She is angry, wanting to move away.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lydia act toward Tom when she becomes pregnant?
2. What does Tom find hard to bear when he thinks about Mrs. Lensky?
3. What does Brangwen find to replace the desires he has for his wife?
4. When do Effie and Tom begin fiercely quarreling with each other?
5. What is Tom's reaction when Mrs. Lensky agrees to marry him?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)