|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Lydia and Tom discover about each other after two years of marriage?
(a) They find they will never know one another.
(b) They discover they do not love one another.
(c) They find fulfillment in each other.
(d) They realize they do not belong together.
2. How does Lydia emerge from her indifference, becoming a new person?
(a) She decides to move back to Poland.
(b) She lives through her daughter.
(c) She meets Tom Brangwen in Cossethay.
(d) She falls in love with the vicar.
3. Who does Tom believe he is destined to marry?
(a) The vicar's daughter
(b) Tilly's sister
(d) The Polish widow, Mrs. Lensky
4. How does Tom react when Anna refuses to let Tilly put her in her nightdress?
(a) Tom tells Tilly to let Anna go to bed in her clothes.
(b) Tom angrily undresses Anna, putting her in her nightdress himself.
(c) Tom spanks Anna, telling her to stop crying.
(d) Tom cuddles with Anna, saying she is a good girl.
5. How does Anna react as she sits at the bar while Tom goes to sell his cow at the cattle market?
(a) She feels grown up and hopes Tom will stay away for a while.
(b) She likes talking to all the men at the market.
(c) She feels alone and thinks Tom will never come back to get her.
(d) She enjoys all the men, smells, and noise around her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the care of the farm fall upon Tom's shoulders when he is eighteen?
2. Where have generations of Brangwens lived?
3. Where does Tom take Anna as she hysterically cries for her mother?
4. What is Tom's secret desire for Anna?
5. How does Tom feel about his new son?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)