|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where have generations of Brangwens lived?
(a) The Marsh Farm
(d) The Brangwen Ranch
2. How does Anna react to her parent's relationship?
(a) She feels alone and unsafe.
(b) She resents the relationship.
(c) She finds peace and can be a child now.
(d) She ignores both parents.
3. How does Lydia act toward Tom when she becomes pregnant?
(a) She is full of life and laughter.
(b) She becomes silent and distant.
(c) She is constantly talking about the new baby.
(d) She wants to be with Tom constantly.
4. How does Lydia emerge from her indifference, becoming a new person?
(a) She meets Tom Brangwen in Cossethay.
(b) She lives through her daughter.
(c) She decides to move back to Poland.
(d) She falls in love with the vicar.
5. What is Tom's secret desire for Anna?
(a) He hopes to make her a lady.
(b) He hopes she will take over the farm someday.
(c) He hopes she will return to Poland when she grows up.
(d) He hopes she will marry a rich man.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tom finally meet Mrs. Lensky, carrying on a conversation with her?
2. How does Anna react as she sits at the bar while Tom goes to sell his cow at the cattle market?
3. How does Tom feel about his new son?
4. How does Tom react when Anna refuses to let Tilly put her in her nightdress?
5. What do Lydia and Tom discover about each other after two years of marriage?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)