|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lydia's mental state in the last few months of her pregnancy?
(a) She is spending more time with Tom.
(b) She is looking forward to the baby's birth.
(c) She is depressed, cries, and doesn't want Tom near her.
(d) She is always singing and sewing.
2. What does Brangwen find to replace the desires he has for his wife?
(a) He reads throughout the night.
(b) He spends all his time at the bar.
(c) He works day and night.
(d) He becomes closer to Anna and drinks more.
3. How does Anna react to her parent's relationship?
(a) She feels alone and unsafe.
(b) She resents the relationship.
(c) She finds peace and can be a child now.
(d) She ignores both parents.
4. How does Tom feel as he watches his wife in the pain of childbirth?
(a) He wishes they weren't having a baby.
(b) He is indifferent to her moans of pain.
(c) He just wants it to be over.
(d) His heart is tortured, yet he is at peace.
5. How does Lydia act toward Tom when she becomes pregnant?
(a) She is constantly talking about the new baby.
(b) She is full of life and laughter.
(c) She becomes silent and distant.
(d) She wants to be with Tom constantly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would happen to the women of Cossethay if the vicar, Lord William, and Mrs. Hardy were taken away from them?
2. How does Tom finally meet Mrs. Lensky, carrying on a conversation with her?
3. How does Anna react as she sits at the bar while Tom goes to sell his cow at the cattle market?
4. What is Tom's reaction to Lydia after they are married and the guests leave?
5. What is the reason Tom Brangwen's wife believes the vicar's children are seen as superior to her own?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)