|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Tom find the end of youth's passionate desire, losing his individuality?
(a) After three days of constant brandy drinking
(b) After three days of praying
(c) After three days of working in the fields
(d) After three days of silence and solitude
2. What does Brangwen find to replace the desires he has for his wife?
(a) He works day and night.
(b) He becomes closer to Anna and drinks more.
(c) He reads throughout the night.
(d) He spends all his time at the bar.
3. Who does Tom believe he is destined to marry?
(a) The Polish widow, Mrs. Lensky
(c) Tilly's sister
(d) The vicar's daughter
4. What is Tom's attitude toward his own life while his wife is miserable?
(a) He is always happy.
(b) He doesn't care that his wife is in misery.
(c) He is moody and miserable too.
(d) He keeps the pain at the bottom of his heart and enjoys his life.
5. What is Anna's initial reaction to her mother's marriage to Tom?
(a) She accepts Tom immediately.
(b) She is glad her mother has a husband.
(c) She is angry, wanting to move away.
(d) She is happy to have a father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where have generations of Brangwens lived?
2. What is Tom's secret desire for Anna?
3. Why does the care of the farm fall upon Tom's shoulders when he is eighteen?
4. How does Tom feel about his new son?
5. How does Anna react to her parent's relationship?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)