|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tom believe he is destined to marry?
(a) The vicar's daughter
(b) Tilly's sister
(d) The Polish widow, Mrs. Lensky
2. What is Tom's reaction when Mrs. Lensky agrees to marry him?
(a) He nods his head and heads for home.
(b) He picks her up, dancing around the room.
(c) He has to sit down, sealed in oblivion.
(d) He passes out.
3. How does Anna react as she sits at the bar while Tom goes to sell his cow at the cattle market?
(a) She enjoys all the men, smells, and noise around her.
(b) She feels alone and thinks Tom will never come back to get her.
(c) She feels grown up and hopes Tom will stay away for a while.
(d) She likes talking to all the men at the market.
4. How does Tom feel about himself after meeting Alfred's lover, the lady, Mrs. Forbes?
(a) He is thankful that he doesn't need to live up to a lady's expectations.
(b) He is glad he has the quiet life of a farmer.
(c) He regrets taking over the farm and not making more of his life.
(d) He is content with his way of life.
5. How does Anna feel about Tom after the baby is born?
(a) She wants to move away from him with her mother and the baby.
(b) She grows to love him, spending more time with him.
(c) She still resents him.
(d) She ignores him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tom's reaction to Lydia after they are married and the guests leave?
2. How does Lydia emerge from her indifference, becoming a new person?
3. Where does Tom take Anna as she hysterically cries for her mother?
4. What does Tom crave more than ever from his wife?
5. How does Anna get along with other children?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)