|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do Effie and Tom begin fiercely quarreling with each other?
(a) When Tom gets back from school
(b) When Effie becomes engaged
(c) After their father breaks his neck
(d) After the death of their mother
2. How does Tom feel about himself after meeting Alfred's lover, the lady, Mrs. Forbes?
(a) He is thankful that he doesn't need to live up to a lady's expectations.
(b) He is glad he has the quiet life of a farmer.
(c) He regrets taking over the farm and not making more of his life.
(d) He is content with his way of life.
3. What does Brangwen find to replace the desires he has for his wife?
(a) He reads throughout the night.
(b) He becomes closer to Anna and drinks more.
(c) He spends all his time at the bar.
(d) He works day and night.
4. How does Lydia act toward Tom when she becomes pregnant?
(a) She is full of life and laughter.
(b) She becomes silent and distant.
(c) She wants to be with Tom constantly.
(d) She is constantly talking about the new baby.
5. How does Tom finally meet Mrs. Lensky, carrying on a conversation with her?
(a) She meets him at church.
(b) She meets him at the market.
(c) She comes to his farm asking for butter.
(d) She meets him on the road near his house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lydia's mental state in the last few months of her pregnancy?
2. What does Tom find hard to bear when he thinks about Mrs. Lensky?
3. What do Lydia and Tom discover about each other after two years of marriage?
4. Why does the care of the farm fall upon Tom's shoulders when he is eighteen?
5. What is Tom's reaction to Lydia after they are married and the guests leave?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)