|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Anna's initial reaction to her mother's marriage to Tom?
(a) She is glad her mother has a husband.
(b) She is angry, wanting to move away.
(c) She is happy to have a father.
(d) She accepts Tom immediately.
2. How does Tom react when Anna refuses to let Tilly put her in her nightdress?
(a) Tom angrily undresses Anna, putting her in her nightdress himself.
(b) Tom tells Tilly to let Anna go to bed in her clothes.
(c) Tom spanks Anna, telling her to stop crying.
(d) Tom cuddles with Anna, saying she is a good girl.
3. How does Tom feel about himself after meeting Alfred's lover, the lady, Mrs. Forbes?
(a) He is content with his way of life.
(b) He is thankful that he doesn't need to live up to a lady's expectations.
(c) He regrets taking over the farm and not making more of his life.
(d) He is glad he has the quiet life of a farmer.
4. How does Anna react to her parent's relationship?
(a) She finds peace and can be a child now.
(b) She ignores both parents.
(c) She resents the relationship.
(d) She feels alone and unsafe.
5. How does Tom finally meet Mrs. Lensky, carrying on a conversation with her?
(a) She comes to his farm asking for butter.
(b) She meets him on the road near his house.
(c) She meets him at the market.
(d) She meets him at church.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do Effie and Tom begin fiercely quarreling with each other?
2. How does Lydia emerge from her indifference, becoming a new person?
3. What does Brangwen find to replace the desires he has for his wife?
4. What does Tom crave more than ever from his wife?
5. What is the bitter lesson Tom learns after his son is born?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)