|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Anna feel about Tom after the baby is born?
(a) She ignores him.
(b) She still resents him.
(c) She wants to move away from him with her mother and the baby.
(d) She grows to love him, spending more time with him.
2. How does Tom finally meet Mrs. Lensky, carrying on a conversation with her?
(a) She meets him at church.
(b) She meets him on the road near his house.
(c) She meets him at the market.
(d) She comes to his farm asking for butter.
3. How does Tom feel about himself after meeting Alfred's lover, the lady, Mrs. Forbes?
(a) He regrets taking over the farm and not making more of his life.
(b) He is content with his way of life.
(c) He is thankful that he doesn't need to live up to a lady's expectations.
(d) He is glad he has the quiet life of a farmer.
4. How does Tom feel as he watches his wife in the pain of childbirth?
(a) He just wants it to be over.
(b) He is indifferent to her moans of pain.
(c) His heart is tortured, yet he is at peace.
(d) He wishes they weren't having a baby.
5. When does Tom find the end of youth's passionate desire, losing his individuality?
(a) After three days of praying
(b) After three days of silence and solitude
(c) After three days of working in the fields
(d) After three days of constant brandy drinking
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the care of the farm fall upon Tom's shoulders when he is eighteen?
2. How does Tom react when Anna refuses to let Tilly put her in her nightdress?
3. How does Lydia emerge from her indifference, becoming a new person?
4. Where have generations of Brangwens lived?
5. Who does Tom believe he is destined to marry?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)