|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Anna's favorite place to stop on the way to the cattle market?
2. What do Paul, a young doctor, and Lydia Lensky, a nurse, represent in Poland?
(a) The obedience of Polish citizens
(b) A traditional Polish couple
(c) The joys of marriage
(d) The new movement begun in Russia
3. How does Tom react when Anna refuses to let Tilly put her in her nightdress?
(a) Tom angrily undresses Anna, putting her in her nightdress himself.
(b) Tom cuddles with Anna, saying she is a good girl.
(c) Tom tells Tilly to let Anna go to bed in her clothes.
(d) Tom spanks Anna, telling her to stop crying.
4. How does Anna react as she sits at the bar while Tom goes to sell his cow at the cattle market?
(a) She enjoys all the men, smells, and noise around her.
(b) She feels alone and thinks Tom will never come back to get her.
(c) She feels grown up and hopes Tom will stay away for a while.
(d) She likes talking to all the men at the market.
5. What does Brangwen find to replace the desires he has for his wife?
(a) He becomes closer to Anna and drinks more.
(b) He works day and night.
(c) He reads throughout the night.
(d) He spends all his time at the bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Anna react to her parent's relationship?
2. How does Tom feel about his new son?
3. What is Tom's attitude toward his own life while his wife is miserable?
4. Where does Tom take Anna as she hysterically cries for her mother?
5. What is Tom's reaction when Mrs. Lensky agrees to marry him?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)