|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Lydia and Tom discover about each other after two years of marriage?
(a) They realize they do not belong together.
(b) They find they will never know one another.
(c) They discover they do not love one another.
(d) They find fulfillment in each other.
2. What does Brangwen find to replace the desires he has for his wife?
(a) He works day and night.
(b) He reads throughout the night.
(c) He spends all his time at the bar.
(d) He becomes closer to Anna and drinks more.
3. How does Tom react when Anna refuses to let Tilly put her in her nightdress?
(a) Tom cuddles with Anna, saying she is a good girl.
(b) Tom spanks Anna, telling her to stop crying.
(c) Tom angrily undresses Anna, putting her in her nightdress himself.
(d) Tom tells Tilly to let Anna go to bed in her clothes.
4. What is Tom's attitude toward his own life while his wife is miserable?
(a) He doesn't care that his wife is in misery.
(b) He is moody and miserable too.
(c) He keeps the pain at the bottom of his heart and enjoys his life.
(d) He is always happy.
5. What is Lydia's mental state in the last few months of her pregnancy?
(a) She is always singing and sewing.
(b) She is looking forward to the baby's birth.
(c) She is depressed, cries, and doesn't want Tom near her.
(d) She is spending more time with Tom.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tom feel about himself after meeting Alfred's lover, the lady, Mrs. Forbes?
2. When do Effie and Tom begin fiercely quarreling with each other?
3. Where have generations of Brangwens lived?
4. Why does the care of the farm fall upon Tom's shoulders when he is eighteen?
5. How does Anna feel about Tom after the baby is born?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)