|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Anna feel about Tom after the baby is born?
(a) She ignores him.
(b) She grows to love him, spending more time with him.
(c) She wants to move away from him with her mother and the baby.
(d) She still resents him.
2. How does Anna get along with other children?
(a) She dominates them, feeling they are inferior.
(b) She gets along with everyone.
(c) She sees them as equals and has many friends.
(d) She loves being around other children.
3. What do Paul, a young doctor, and Lydia Lensky, a nurse, represent in Poland?
(a) The obedience of Polish citizens
(b) The joys of marriage
(c) The new movement begun in Russia
(d) A traditional Polish couple
4. When does Tom find the end of youth's passionate desire, losing his individuality?
(a) After three days of silence and solitude
(b) After three days of praying
(c) After three days of working in the fields
(d) After three days of constant brandy drinking
5. What does Tom find hard to bear when he thinks about Mrs. Lensky?
(a) He can't stand that she has a daughter.
(b) He can't bear that she was married before.
(c) He can't stand that they are complete strangers to each other.
(d) He can't bear that she is six years older than he is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tom's attitude toward his own life while his wife is miserable?
2. What is Lydia's mental state in the last few months of her pregnancy?
3. What does Brangwen find to replace the desires he has for his wife?
4. What is Tom's reaction when Mrs. Lensky agrees to marry him?
5. Where is Anna's favorite place to stop on the way to the cattle market?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)