|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tom take Anna as she hysterically cries for her mother?
(a) He takes her to her bed, demanding that she stop crying.
(b) He takes her to her mother.
(c) He takes her to the kitchen for a glass of water.
(d) He takes her in the quiet, warm barn to feed the cows.
2. How does Lydia emerge from her indifference, becoming a new person?
(a) She falls in love with the vicar.
(b) She decides to move back to Poland.
(c) She meets Tom Brangwen in Cossethay.
(d) She lives through her daughter.
3. Why does the town of Cossethay grow quickly, making the Brangwen's richer?
(a) The town offers public education
(b) The Midland Railway comes down the valley.
(c) More people are getting married and having children
(d) There is a goldrush.
4. Who does Tom believe he is destined to marry?
(a) The vicar's daughter
(b) The Polish widow, Mrs. Lensky
(d) Tilly's sister
5. How does Tom feel as he watches his wife in the pain of childbirth?
(a) He just wants it to be over.
(b) He wishes they weren't having a baby.
(c) His heart is tortured, yet he is at peace.
(d) He is indifferent to her moans of pain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where have generations of Brangwens lived?
2. What is Anna's reaction when Tom carries her into the barn?
3. What is Tom's reaction when Mrs. Lensky agrees to marry him?
4. How does Anna react to her parent's relationship?
5. What does Tom crave more than ever from his wife?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)