|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tom's reaction to Lydia after they are married and the guests leave?
(a) He is terrified at her strangeness and cannot meet her eyes.
(b) He is rough and cruel to her.
(c) He is indifferent to his new wife.
(d) He is ecstatic with joy and cannot wait to hold her.
2. How does Tom finally meet Mrs. Lensky, carrying on a conversation with her?
(a) She meets him at church.
(b) She meets him at the market.
(c) She meets him on the road near his house.
(d) She comes to his farm asking for butter.
3. What is Anna's reaction when Tom carries her into the barn?
(a) She knocks over the cow's food pail.
(b) She kicks and screams.
(c) She screams hysterically.
(d) She becomes quiet and still.
4. How does Anna react as she sits at the bar while Tom goes to sell his cow at the cattle market?
(a) She feels alone and thinks Tom will never come back to get her.
(b) She enjoys all the men, smells, and noise around her.
(c) She likes talking to all the men at the market.
(d) She feels grown up and hopes Tom will stay away for a while.
5. What is the bitter lesson Tom learns after his son is born?
(a) Lydia does not want him as much as he wants her.
(b) He wants to be with other women.
(c) He does not want Lydia as much as he used to.
(d) Lydia does not want him ever again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tom's secret desire for Anna?
2. What is Anna's initial reaction to her mother's marriage to Tom?
3. How does Anna feel about Tom after the baby is born?
4. How does Lydia act toward Tom when she becomes pregnant?
5. Where does Tom take Anna as she hysterically cries for her mother?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)