|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tom's attitude toward his own life while his wife is miserable?
(a) He is always happy.
(b) He keeps the pain at the bottom of his heart and enjoys his life.
(c) He doesn't care that his wife is in misery.
(d) He is moody and miserable too.
2. When do Effie and Tom begin fiercely quarreling with each other?
(a) When Effie becomes engaged
(b) After their father breaks his neck
(c) After the death of their mother
(d) When Tom gets back from school
3. How does Tom feel about himself after meeting Alfred's lover, the lady, Mrs. Forbes?
(a) He is thankful that he doesn't need to live up to a lady's expectations.
(b) He regrets taking over the farm and not making more of his life.
(c) He is content with his way of life.
(d) He is glad he has the quiet life of a farmer.
4. What does Tom crave more than ever from his wife?
(a) Love and passion
(c) Her stories about Poland
(d) Quiet conversations
5. What is the reason Tom Brangwen's wife believes the vicar's children are seen as superior to her own?
(a) Heritage and money
(b) Wealth and power
(c) Class and virtue
(d) Education and experience
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Lydia and Tom discover about each other after two years of marriage?
2. What is Anna's initial reaction to her mother's marriage to Tom?
3. What is Tom's reaction when Mrs. Lensky agrees to marry him?
4. Where is Anna's favorite place to stop on the way to the cattle market?
5. What is Tom's reaction to Lydia after they are married and the guests leave?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)