|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tom feel as he watches his wife in the pain of childbirth?
(a) He is indifferent to her moans of pain.
(b) His heart is tortured, yet he is at peace.
(c) He wishes they weren't having a baby.
(d) He just wants it to be over.
2. What is Tom's reaction when Mrs. Lensky agrees to marry him?
(a) He passes out.
(b) He nods his head and heads for home.
(c) He picks her up, dancing around the room.
(d) He has to sit down, sealed in oblivion.
3. What is the bitter lesson Tom learns after his son is born?
(a) Lydia does not want him ever again.
(b) Lydia does not want him as much as he wants her.
(c) He wants to be with other women.
(d) He does not want Lydia as much as he used to.
4. How does Anna feel about Tom after the baby is born?
(a) She wants to move away from him with her mother and the baby.
(b) She ignores him.
(c) She still resents him.
(d) She grows to love him, spending more time with him.
5. When does Tom find the end of youth's passionate desire, losing his individuality?
(a) After three days of constant brandy drinking
(b) After three days of silence and solitude
(c) After three days of working in the fields
(d) After three days of praying
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Anna react to her parent's relationship?
2. How does Tom feel about his new son?
3. What does Tom find hard to bear when he thinks about Mrs. Lensky?
4. What is Tom's secret desire for Anna?
5. What does Tom crave more than ever from his wife?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)