|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tom contemplating as he stands at the altar with Anna on her wedding day?
(a) How does a person grow old and become confident?
(b) Should he refuse to give Anna away?
(c) What will his life be like without Anna?
(d) Should he take Anna and leave the church?
2. What type of child is Gudrun?
(a) She is violent.
(b) She is not trustworthy.
(c) She is realistic.
(d) She lives in a fantasy world.
3. How does Christian life affect the Brangwens?
(a) It is a constant source of hope.
(b) It is the joy of reaching heaven.
(c) It becomes a mechanical action without real meaning.
(d) It is inspirational and fulfilling.
4. During her two weeks in Wiggiston, what is Ursula's attitude toward Winifred and her Uncle Tom?
(a) They inspire her.
(b) They repulse her.
(c) She learns from them.
(d) She loves them both.
5. What does Tom crave more than ever from his wife?
(a) Love and passion
(b) Quiet conversations
(c) Her stories about Poland
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the bitter lesson Tom learns after his son is born?
2. What is Anna's reaction when Tom carries her into the barn?
3. What continues to torment Tom even though he is proud and fulfilled in his marriage?
4. What do Lydia and Tom discover about each other after two years of marriage?
5. How does Anna feel about people she meets outside the Marsh farm?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)