|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Anna observes the Skrebensky's relationship, what does she wish for herself?
(a) She wishes she and William were closer.
(b) She wants to be as one person with William.
(c) She wishes William was more dominant.
(d) She wants her own life, not absorbed by William.
2. Why does Tom love to visit Anna and William?
(a) Because it keeps him from work
(b) Because he misses Anna
(c) Because he likes to get away from home
(d) Because they are glowing and full of life
3. Why does William begin to hate Anna as she talks to him about the carvings in the cathedral?
(a) She is more passionate about the cathedral than he is.
(b) She tells him he will never be awed as she is with the cathedral.
(c) She insults his carving abilities as she looks at the carvings in the church.
(d) She is destroying another one of his illusions.
4. What do Winifred and Ursula do when they are at the bungalow?
(a) They have tea and discuss literature.
(b) They undress, go out in the rain and kiss and hold each other's naked body.
(c) They swim in the lake.
(d) They have tea and figure Algebra problems.
5. What is it about Christmas day that disappoints the Brangwens?
(a) Their father is not home.
(b) The Christmas feast is not as big as usual.
(c) The hope of peace and ecstasy fades away.
(d) They did not receive the gifts they hoped for.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of child is Gudrun?
2. How do Anna and Will react as the men continue singing in the garden?
3. Where does Ursula's school mistress invite her to go on Saturday?
4. What is Tom's reaction to Lydia after they are married and the guests leave?
5. What does Mr. Harby give to Ursula on her last day of school?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)