|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What keeps Ursula from giving up her studies for the matriculation examination even though they are such a drudgery?
(a) It keeps her mind off Anton.
(b) She wants to make her father proud.
(c) Her quest for complete independence
(d) She is competing with Gudrun.
2. How does Anna feel about herself as she drives to the wedding with her father?
(a) She is nervous and self-conscious.
(b) She feels ugly and inferior.
(c) She is embarrassed by her father's crassness.
(d) She is ecstatic, feeling lovely and flamboyant.
3. What is Tom's attitude toward his own life while his wife is miserable?
(a) He keeps the pain at the bottom of his heart and enjoys his life.
(b) He is always happy.
(c) He is moody and miserable too.
(d) He doesn't care that his wife is in misery.
4. Where does Tom take Anna as she hysterically cries for her mother?
(a) He takes her to her mother.
(b) He takes her to the kitchen for a glass of water.
(c) He takes her to her bed, demanding that she stop crying.
(d) He takes her in the quiet, warm barn to feed the cows.
5. What is Theresa's temperament?
(a) She is war-like
(b) She is timid.
(c) She is shy.
(d) She is very friendly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Harby give to Ursula on her last day of school?
2. How does Tom feel about himself after meeting Alfred's lover, the lady, Mrs. Forbes?
3. What is William's reaction when he steps through the doors of the cathedral?
4. What does Alfred tell Tom every person must do?
5. What is Ursula's emotional state on the last day of school before she goes on to college?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)