|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ursula's reaction after boys from her class throw stones at her in the street?
(a) She gives up on her teaching job.
(b) She begs the children to work hard.
(c) She asks the boys in the class who threw the stones.
(d) She becomes hard and impersonal.
2. What gives Anna complete happiness and fulfillment?
(a) Being a wife
(b) Being a mother
(c) Going to church
(d) Visiting her parents
3. What do the Brangwens hear when they wake up the first morning in their new house?
(a) Strange sounds of the town
(b) A woman yelling at her children
(c) Different birds chirping
(d) Someone fighting outside
4. What is Ursula's emotional state on the last day of school before she goes on to college?
(a) She feels free, proud and joyful.
(b) She is depressed about leaving.
(c) She is afraid to start over.
(d) She is sorry to leave.
5. Why does William begin to hate Anna as she talks to him about the carvings in the cathedral?
(a) She is more passionate about the cathedral than he is.
(b) She insults his carving abilities as she looks at the carvings in the church.
(c) She is destroying another one of his illusions.
(d) She tells him he will never be awed as she is with the cathedral.
Short Answer Questions
1. What conclusion does Ursula come to about men and love?
2. What does Ursula hate about her mother?
3. What does Anna find refreshing about the Skrebensky's relationship?
4. What lesson about life did Ursula learn at an early age after her father insults her for stepping in the seed beds?
5. What is William's reaction when he steps through the doors of the cathedral?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)