|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What brings Anton Skrebensky back to the Marsh farm after he returns to the army?
(a) An invitation from Anna
(b) A letter from Gudrun
(c) He misses Ursula
(d) Fred Brangwen's wedding
2. What do Maggie and Ursula talk about when Ursula visits Belcote?
(a) Music, men, and college
(b) Theatre, music, and love
(c) Farming, gardening, and teaching
(d) Poetry, books and learning
3. What does Fred do after his father's death?
(a) He becomes abusive toward his mother.
(b) He becomes depressed and indifferent toward the farm.
(c) He moves away from Marsh farm.
(d) He throws himself into restoring the farm.
4. How does Anna react to the position of hand-work instructor in Nottingham for which William applies?
(a) She wants to stay in Cossethay.
(b) She says that she cannot uproot the children.
(c) She says that William can go, but she is staying.
(d) She is ready for change and a move.
5. Why does Maggie feel betrayed when Ursula spends time with Anthony?
(a) Maggie is jealous of the attention Anthony gives to Ursula.
(b) Maggie thinks they are talking behind her back.
(c) Maggie and Anthony are at odds with one another.
(d) Maggie wants to spend more time with Ursula.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gives Anna complete happiness and fulfillment?
2. How does Anna feel about Tom after the baby is born?
3. What do Paul, a young doctor, and Lydia Lensky, a nurse, represent in Poland?
4. What gift does Tom give Will and Anna for their wedding?
5. What is William's reaction when he steps through the doors of the cathedral?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)