|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason Tom Brangwen's wife believes the vicar's children are seen as superior to her own?
(a) Class and virtue
(b) Heritage and money
(c) Education and experience
(d) Wealth and power
2. How does Ursula manage to keep order in her classroom?
(a) She canes the insolent students.
(b) She offers extra help to students.
(c) She is outgoing and friendly
(d) She reasons with the offending students.
3. What does Tom crave more than ever from his wife?
(a) Quiet conversations
(b) Her stories about Poland
(d) Love and passion
4. Why is Ursula consumed with a fear of herself when she and Anton are in the cornstacks after the wedding?
(a) She is afraid she won't be good enough for Anton.
(b) She is afraid of what she might do.
(c) She has broken Anton, abating his fire.
(d) She is afraid she will say something foolish.
5. What gift does Tom give Will and Anna for their wedding?
(a) He gives them a horse and carriage.
(b) He gives them a cottage in Cossethay.
(c) He gives them a share in the farm.
(d) He gives them his favorite stallion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it about Anna that leaves William unsatisfied and unfulfilled?
2. What do Winifred and Ursula do when they are at the bungalow?
3. What does Ursula hate about her mother?
4. How does Anna feel about people she meets outside the Marsh farm?
5. What is Anton really feeling as he says goodbye to Ursula when he goes off to war?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)