|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ursula do in Cossethay when she realizes she will be moving soon?
(a) She visits all her favorite spots.
(b) She insults all her old friends.
(c) She avoids everyone in Cossethay.
(d) She won't converse with old acquaintances.
2. How does Tom finally meet Mrs. Lensky, carrying on a conversation with her?
(a) She meets him at church.
(b) She comes to his farm asking for butter.
(c) She meets him at the market.
(d) She meets him on the road near his house.
3. How does William adapt to life as a husband and father of three children?
(a) He is the happiest he has ever been.
(b) It wears him down, making him haggard and irritable.
(c) He revels in his life as a father and husband.
(d) He loves the large family and wishes for more children.
4. Why does the care of the farm fall upon Tom's shoulders when he is eighteen?
(a) His father feels he is ready to take on the responsibility
(b) His brother, Alfred, tells his he has to do the farming.
(c) His father falls off the stack, breaking his neck.
(d) His mother forces him to do the farming.
5. Who tries to comfort William when the stress of four children becomes a heavy burden for him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ursula's impression of the colliers when she and Winifred go to her Uncle Tom's house in Wiggiston?
2. Who is a great comfort to Ursula while she shrinks away from other people, afraid she is not like them?
3. Why does 11-year-old Ursula find it a bother to be the eldest of six children?
4. What is Ursula's first impression of Mr. Skrebensky?
5. What do Lydia and Tom discover about each other after two years of marriage?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)