|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to comfort William when the stress of four children becomes a heavy burden for him?
2. What is Anna unable to tell William for four days, while they battle with each other?
(a) She is sorry.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She wants to leave him.
(d) She loves someone else.
3. What is Theresa's temperament?
(a) She is very friendly.
(b) She is war-like
(c) She is shy.
(d) She is timid.
4. How does Anna feel about herself as she drives to the wedding with her father?
(a) She feels ugly and inferior.
(b) She is nervous and self-conscious.
(c) She is embarrassed by her father's crassness.
(d) She is ecstatic, feeling lovely and flamboyant.
5. What do Tom, Alfred, Frank, the brother-in-law, William's brother, and six other men decide to do after Anna and Will leave for their cottage?
(a) They decide to go to the pub for a drink.
(b) They decide to have a horse race.
(c) They decide to have wrestling matches.
(d) They decide to go to the cottage and sing a carol.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ursula consumed with a fear of herself when she and Anton are in the cornstacks after the wedding?
2. What is it that makes the new house in Beldover feel like a home to the Brangwen children?
3. What is Anna's reaction when Tom carries her into the barn?
4. How does Anna react to her parent's relationship?
5. What is Tom's reaction when Mrs. Lensky agrees to marry him?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)