|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anna find refreshing about the Skrebensky's relationship?
(a) They always hold hands.
(b) They are free in their isolation and detachment from one another.
(c) They are as one person, totally involved with each other.
(d) They smile at one another intimately.
2. Why can't Ursula escape from the world of system and work?
(a) Her father demands that she work.
(b) Her mother forces her to pay board.
(c) She wants to have full rights in the working world.
(d) She needs to support herself.
3. What is Lydia's advice for Ursula as they discuss Lydia's life with her husbands?
(a) Depend upon the people around you.
(b) Life goes on and don't take too much upon yourself.
(c) Take all the blame for things that go wrong.
(d) Be responsible for everyone around you.
4. How does Anna get along with other children?
(a) She dominates them, feeling they are inferior.
(b) She loves being around other children.
(c) She sees them as equals and has many friends.
(d) She gets along with everyone.
5. What conclusion does Ursula come to about men and love?
(a) There are many men to love, not just one
(b) No one is ever really in love
(c) Men do not love, only dominate
(d) A woman can love only one man
Short Answer Questions
1. While Anton is away, who does Ursula fall in love with while at school?
2. What are William's actions with the girl he takes to the park?
3. What brings Anton Skrebensky back to the Marsh farm after he returns to the army?
4. What does Will Brangwen feel guilty about while he is on his honeymoon?
5. What is it about Christmas day that disappoints the Brangwens?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)