|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Ursula escape from the world of system and work?
(a) Her father demands that she work.
(b) Her mother forces her to pay board.
(c) She wants to have full rights in the working world.
(d) She needs to support herself.
2. What keeps Ursula from giving up her studies for the matriculation examination even though they are such a drudgery?
(a) It keeps her mind off Anton.
(b) Her quest for complete independence
(c) She wants to make her father proud.
(d) She is competing with Gudrun.
3. Why does Maggie feel betrayed when Ursula spends time with Anthony?
(a) Maggie wants to spend more time with Ursula.
(b) Maggie and Anthony are at odds with one another.
(c) Maggie thinks they are talking behind her back.
(d) Maggie is jealous of the attention Anthony gives to Ursula.
4. How does Lydia act toward Tom when she becomes pregnant?
(a) She becomes silent and distant.
(b) She wants to be with Tom constantly.
(c) She is constantly talking about the new baby.
(d) She is full of life and laughter.
5. Why does Lydia feel sorry for her first husband, Paul Lensky?
(a) Because he had a poor childhood
(b) Because he died old and alone
(c) Because he died young, scarcely living
(d) Because he had no heirs
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Brangwen family move when William gets his new position?
2. What is Tom's secret desire for Anna?
3. Who tries to comfort William when the stress of four children becomes a heavy burden for him?
4. Who is the person Anna meets that she considers a real person of consequence?
5. What is the thought about Easter and the Resurrection that Lawrence gives the reader?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)