|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anna say to Tom that cuts him to the heart?
(a) She tells him that he is not her father.
(b) She tells him that she is never getting married.
(c) She tells him that she hates her mother.
(d) She tells him she is moving away.
2. What conclusion does Ursula come to about men and love?
(a) There are many men to love, not just one
(b) A woman can love only one man
(c) No one is ever really in love
(d) Men do not love, only dominate
3. What is Tom's reaction to Lydia after they are married and the guests leave?
(a) He is ecstatic with joy and cannot wait to hold her.
(b) He is rough and cruel to her.
(c) He is indifferent to his new wife.
(d) He is terrified at her strangeness and cannot meet her eyes.
4. How does Anna react to the position of hand-work instructor in Nottingham for which William applies?
(a) She says that William can go, but she is staying.
(b) She says that she cannot uproot the children.
(c) She wants to stay in Cossethay.
(d) She is ready for change and a move.
5. What type of child is Gudrun?
(a) She is active, and athletic.
(b) She is slow and meek.
(c) She is volatile and quick tempered.
(d) She is quiet, mild-mannered, but indomitable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lesson about life did Ursula learn at an early age after her father insults her for stepping in the seed beds?
2. Why does William begin to hate Anna as she talks to him about the carvings in the cathedral?
3. What is Tom's secret desire for Anna?
4. What does Anton write in a letter to Ursula after he goes back to the army?
5. When does Ursula feel the most secure, warm, and happy?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)