|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Lydia thankful to Tom for the life he gave her?
(a) Because he let her be herself
(b) Because he gave her all the money she needed
(c) Because he let her live in his shadow
(d) Because she was secure in his dominance
2. What would happen to the women of Cossethay if the vicar, Lord William, and Mrs. Hardy were taken away from them?
(a) They would feel more successful with their lives.
(b) They would be heavy, uninspired, and hateful.
(c) They would feel more at ease in public.
(d) They would feel less intimidated.
3. As Anna observes the Skrebensky's relationship, what does she wish for herself?
(a) She wishes she and William were closer.
(b) She wishes William was more dominant.
(c) She wants her own life, not absorbed by William.
(d) She wants to be as one person with William.
4. What is William's reaction when he steps through the doors of the cathedral?
(a) He is disappointed by the architecture.
(b) He is impressed with the murals.
(c) His soul soars up into the church.
(d) He doesn't feel any emotion.
5. Where does the Brangwen family move when William gets his new position?
(a) In a collier's cottage
(b) A flat in Nottingham
(c) A villa in Beldover
(d) In the back of a large church
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lydia Brangwen wish for as she sees the turmoil in her son's lives?
2. What is young Tom Brangwen feeling behind his healthy, good looks, and well dressed appearance?
3. What conclusion does Ursula come to about men and love?
4. Where do the wedding party and guests go after the wedding ceremony?
5. Why does Maggie feel betrayed when Ursula spends time with Anthony?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)