|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dominates the whole wedding party?
(a) Anna and William
(b) Alfred Brangwen's wife
(c) Tom, Alfred, and Frank Brangwen
(d) Lydia Brangwen
2. How does Christian life affect the Brangwens?
(a) It is a constant source of hope.
(b) It is the joy of reaching heaven.
(c) It is inspirational and fulfilling.
(d) It becomes a mechanical action without real meaning.
3. What is it about Christmas day that disappoints the Brangwens?
(a) Their father is not home.
(b) They did not receive the gifts they hoped for.
(c) The hope of peace and ecstasy fades away.
(d) The Christmas feast is not as big as usual.
4. What do Paul, a young doctor, and Lydia Lensky, a nurse, represent in Poland?
(a) A traditional Polish couple
(b) The obedience of Polish citizens
(c) The joys of marriage
(d) The new movement begun in Russia
5. Why does Anna relinquish her adventurous spirit and wonder of the unknown?
(a) She becomes content with another pregnancy.
(b) She is beaten down by William.
(c) Her mother tells her to be a responsible wife.
(d) Her father tells her to grow up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lesson about life did Ursula learn at an early age after her father insults her for stepping in the seed beds?
2. Where does Anna send Ursula and Gudrun when the pettiness of the village children begins to bother them?
3. Why does the town of Cossethay grow quickly, making the Brangwen's richer?
4. What brings Anton Skrebensky back to the Marsh farm after he returns to the army?
5. What is the final question the author asks about the death of Christ?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)