|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tom feel about himself after meeting Alfred's lover, the lady, Mrs. Forbes?
(a) He is glad he has the quiet life of a farmer.
(b) He regrets taking over the farm and not making more of his life.
(c) He is thankful that he doesn't need to live up to a lady's expectations.
(d) He is content with his way of life.
2. When does Tom find the end of youth's passionate desire, losing his individuality?
(a) After three days of praying
(b) After three days of silence and solitude
(c) After three days of constant brandy drinking
(d) After three days of working in the fields
3. What question torments Ursula as she enters womanhood?
(a) What will she do with her life?
(b) Who will she marry?
(c) How many children will she have?
(d) Will she be a good wife?
4. Who is Lydia's comforting friend after Tom's death?
5. What does Fred do after his father's death?
(a) He moves away from Marsh farm.
(b) He becomes depressed and indifferent toward the farm.
(c) He throws himself into restoring the farm.
(d) He becomes abusive toward his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Brangwens hear when they wake up the first morning in their new house?
2. Why does Ursula refuse Anthony's proposal of marriage?
3. What does Tom see in the loft of the barn that distresses him, making him feel like an old man?
4. Why does Anna relinquish her adventurous spirit and wonder of the unknown?
5. How does Tom feel as he watches his wife in the pain of childbirth?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)