|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Ursula excited about her father's new position as Art and Handwork Instructor?
(a) She will get to move to Nottingham.
(b) They will have more money.
(c) He will be happier.
(d) He finally will be something socially.
2. What does Brangwen find to replace the desires he has for his wife?
(a) He reads throughout the night.
(b) He spends all his time at the bar.
(c) He works day and night.
(d) He becomes closer to Anna and drinks more.
3. What do Paul, a young doctor, and Lydia Lensky, a nurse, represent in Poland?
(a) A traditional Polish couple
(b) The obedience of Polish citizens
(c) The new movement begun in Russia
(d) The joys of marriage
4. What kind of teacher does Ursula dream she will be?
(a) She will remain distant from the children.
(b) She will go through the motions with no enthusiasm.
(c) She will keep a strict classroom.
(d) She will make learning clear, interesting and personal.
5. What does Ursula feel after her first kiss with Skrebensky?
(c) An electric warmth
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tom contemplating as he stands at the altar with Anna on her wedding day?
2. Why does Ursula refuse Anthony's proposal of marriage?
3. Where do the wedding party and guests go after the wedding ceremony?
4. How does Ursula get through the long weeks while Anton is away?
5. What is the complicated amalgam of religion that Ursula and Winifred discuss?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)