|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tom's reaction to Lydia after they are married and the guests leave?
(a) He is indifferent to his new wife.
(b) He is ecstatic with joy and cannot wait to hold her.
(c) He is terrified at her strangeness and cannot meet her eyes.
(d) He is rough and cruel to her.
2. How does Will view Anna as they wait to be married?
(a) He is having second thoughts about her.
(b) She will make a wonderful home maker.
(c) She is a flame that consumes him.
(d) She is becoming boring.
3. What does Tom find hard to bear when he thinks about Mrs. Lensky?
(a) He can't stand that she has a daughter.
(b) He can't bear that she is six years older than he is.
(c) He can't stand that they are complete strangers to each other.
(d) He can't bear that she was married before.
4. What is Ursula's emotional state on the last day of school before she goes on to college?
(a) She feels free, proud and joyful.
(b) She is afraid to start over.
(c) She is depressed about leaving.
(d) She is sorry to leave.
5. Why is Ursula consumed with a fear of herself when she and Anton are in the cornstacks after the wedding?
(a) She is afraid she will say something foolish.
(b) She has broken Anton, abating his fire.
(c) She is afraid she won't be good enough for Anton.
(d) She is afraid of what she might do.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ursula's school mistress invite her to go on Saturday?
2. What keeps Ursula from giving up her studies for the matriculation examination even though they are such a drudgery?
3. What does Alfred tell Tom every person must do?
4. What is Ursula's view of religious scripture?
5. What type of child is Gudrun?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)