|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Christian life affect the Brangwens?
(a) It is a constant source of hope.
(b) It becomes a mechanical action without real meaning.
(c) It is the joy of reaching heaven.
(d) It is inspirational and fulfilling.
2. What is Ursula's response when Anton asks her if she likes him on the night of Fred's wedding?
(a) She tells him that she loves him.
(b) She says that she has missed him.
(c) She tells him to leave her alone.
(d) She says that of course she likes him.
3. Who is the person Anna meets that she considers a real person of consequence?
(c) Baron Skrebensky
4. What is Tom's reaction to Lydia after they are married and the guests leave?
(a) He is terrified at her strangeness and cannot meet her eyes.
(b) He is indifferent to his new wife.
(c) He is rough and cruel to her.
(d) He is ecstatic with joy and cannot wait to hold her.
5. With whom do the Brangwen girls have a feud?
(a) The Phillips girls
(b) The vicar's children
(c) The schoolteacher
(d) The Phillips boys
Short Answer Questions
1. What lesson about life did Ursula learn at an early age after her father insults her for stepping in the seed beds?
2. What continues to torment Tom even though he is proud and fulfilled in his marriage?
3. What does Ursula hate about her mother?
4. What happens after Ursula writes a passionate love letter to Winifred?
5. How does Ursula get through the long weeks while Anton is away?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)