|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Ursula excited about her father's new position as Art and Handwork Instructor?
(a) He will be happier.
(b) He finally will be something socially.
(c) She will get to move to Nottingham.
(d) They will have more money.
2. How does Ursula manage to keep order in her classroom?
(a) She reasons with the offending students.
(b) She offers extra help to students.
(c) She is outgoing and friendly
(d) She canes the insolent students.
3. Why does Anna relinquish her adventurous spirit and wonder of the unknown?
(a) Her mother tells her to be a responsible wife.
(b) Her father tells her to grow up.
(c) She is beaten down by William.
(d) She becomes content with another pregnancy.
4. What type of child is Gudrun?
(a) She is realistic.
(b) She lives in a fantasy world.
(c) She is violent.
(d) She is not trustworthy.
5. What lesson about life did Ursula learn at an early age after her father insults her for stepping in the seed beds?
(a) She learned to rely on her sisters.
(b) She learned to harden herself from the outside world.
(c) She learned to go to her mother for sympathy.
(d) She learned to obey her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Anna unable to tell William for four days, while they battle with each other?
2. Who is a great comfort to Ursula while she shrinks away from other people, afraid she is not like them?
3. What brings Anton Skrebensky back to the Marsh farm after he returns to the army?
4. What is Skrebensky's view on the role of an individual?
5. How does Will view Anna as they wait to be married?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)