|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lydia's comforting friend after Tom's death?
2. Why does William begin to hate Anna as she talks to him about the carvings in the cathedral?
(a) She insults his carving abilities as she looks at the carvings in the church.
(b) She is more passionate about the cathedral than he is.
(c) She is destroying another one of his illusions.
(d) She tells him he will never be awed as she is with the cathedral.
3. During her two weeks in Wiggiston, what is Ursula's attitude toward Winifred and her Uncle Tom?
(a) They repulse her.
(b) She learns from them.
(c) They inspire her.
(d) She loves them both.
4. How does Anna react as she sits at the bar while Tom goes to sell his cow at the cattle market?
(a) She feels grown up and hopes Tom will stay away for a while.
(b) She likes talking to all the men at the market.
(c) She enjoys all the men, smells, and noise around her.
(d) She feels alone and thinks Tom will never come back to get her.
5. What is it about Christmas day that disappoints the Brangwens?
(a) The Christmas feast is not as big as usual.
(b) Their father is not home.
(c) The hope of peace and ecstasy fades away.
(d) They did not receive the gifts they hoped for.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom do the Brangwen girls have a feud?
2. What does Lydia Brangwen wish for as she sees the turmoil in her son's lives?
3. Why is Ursula consumed with a fear of herself when she and Anton are in the cornstacks after the wedding?
4. What does William ask the girl sitting next to him in the Empire ?
5. What is Lydia's mental state in the last few months of her pregnancy?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)