|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Ursula excited about her father's new position as Art and Handwork Instructor?
(a) She will get to move to Nottingham.
(b) He finally will be something socially.
(c) They will have more money.
(d) He will be happier.
2. What is Ursula's emotional state on the last day of school before she goes on to college?
(a) She is afraid to start over.
(b) She is sorry to leave.
(c) She is depressed about leaving.
(d) She feels free, proud and joyful.
3. What does Ursula think the reason is that Mr. Harby bullies the children and other teachers in the classroom?
(a) He enjoys hurting others.
(b) He is out of place at the school.
(c) It is his method of teaching.
(d) Education is important to him, so he forces it on others.
4. What keeps Ursula from giving up her studies for the matriculation examination even though they are such a drudgery?
(a) She wants to make her father proud.
(b) It keeps her mind off Anton.
(c) Her quest for complete independence
(d) She is competing with Gudrun.
5. Who is the person Anna meets that she considers a real person of consequence?
(c) Baron Skrebensky
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Millicent Skrebensky annoyed with William?
2. What terrifies Ursula about her Uncle Tom as he grieves for his father?
3. What are William's actions with the girl he takes to the park?
4. What does William do to help him stop worrying about life and relaxing?
5. What is Ursula's impression of her father?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)