|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lydia's mental state in the last few months of her pregnancy?
(a) She is spending more time with Tom.
(b) She is looking forward to the baby's birth.
(c) She is depressed, cries, and doesn't want Tom near her.
(d) She is always singing and sewing.
2. What type of child is Gudrun?
(a) She is violent.
(b) She is not trustworthy.
(c) She lives in a fantasy world.
(d) She is realistic.
3. How does William's relationship with Ursula change after the birth of Gudrun?
(a) He begins to hate Ursula.
(b) He takes her to his heart.
(c) He ignores her in favor of Gudrun.
(d) Everything Ursula does irritates him.
4. How does Anna react to the position of hand-work instructor in Nottingham for which William applies?
(a) She says that William can go, but she is staying.
(b) She is ready for change and a move.
(c) She wants to stay in Cossethay.
(d) She says that she cannot uproot the children.
5. What do Tom, Alfred, Frank, the brother-in-law, William's brother, and six other men decide to do after Anna and Will leave for their cottage?
(a) They decide to go to the pub for a drink.
(b) They decide to have a horse race.
(c) They decide to have wrestling matches.
(d) They decide to go to the cottage and sing a carol.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does 11-year-old Ursula find it a bother to be the eldest of six children?
2. What continues to torment Tom even though he is proud and fulfilled in his marriage?
3. What does Tom see in the loft of the barn that distresses him, making him feel like an old man?
4. Which of the Brangwen boys has a soft, mysterious nature, strange peacefulness, informed air, and brings a foreign touch to the Marsh farm?
5. How does Tom think his brother Alfred feels about him?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)