|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Anna's reaction when Tom carries her into the barn?
(a) She knocks over the cow's food pail.
(b) She kicks and screams.
(c) She screams hysterically.
(d) She becomes quiet and still.
2. What is Anna's emotional response to the cathedral?
(a) She finally agrees with William's passion for the church.
(b) She is in awe, but prefers the freedom of the sky.
(c) She feels God is alive at the altar.
(d) She wants to remain in its confines forever.
3. What is the complicated amalgam of religion that Ursula and Winifred discuss?
(a) A mix of death and afterlife
(b) A combination of suffering and redemption
(c) The motives of fear and love
(d) The motives of joy and miracles
4. How does Anna feel about people she meets outside the Marsh farm?
(a) She is very friendly when meeting other people.
(b) She enjoys conversing with other people.
(c) She loves other people.
(d) She thinks they belittle her and despises them.
5. Why does 11-year-old Ursula find it a bother to be the eldest of six children?
(a) Because she has to cook every meal
(b) Because she has to homeschool her siblings
(c) Because she has to wash everyone's clothes
(d) Because she has to take three of the six children to school
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lydia's comforting friend after Tom's death?
2. What is Skrebensky's view on the role of an individual?
3. What kind of teacher does Ursula dream she will be?
4. Why is Tom glad that his wife Lydia is there for him on Anna's wedding day?
5. How does Ursula manage to keep order in her classroom?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)