|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tom's reaction when Mrs. Lensky agrees to marry him?
(a) He passes out.
(b) He picks her up, dancing around the room.
(c) He nods his head and heads for home.
(d) He has to sit down, sealed in oblivion.
2. How does Anna react as she sits at the bar while Tom goes to sell his cow at the cattle market?
(a) She feels grown up and hopes Tom will stay away for a while.
(b) She enjoys all the men, smells, and noise around her.
(c) She feels alone and thinks Tom will never come back to get her.
(d) She likes talking to all the men at the market.
3. What do Lydia and Tom discover about each other after two years of marriage?
(a) They find they will never know one another.
(b) They realize they do not belong together.
(c) They find fulfillment in each other.
(d) They discover they do not love one another.
4. What keeps Ursula from giving up her studies for the matriculation examination even though they are such a drudgery?
(a) Her quest for complete independence
(b) She wants to make her father proud.
(c) She is competing with Gudrun.
(d) It keeps her mind off Anton.
5. Where is Anna's favorite place to stop on the way to the cattle market?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ursula enjoy staying at Belcote with Maggie's family?
2. What is Ursula's secret weapon toward independence if her studies do not work out?
3. What does Alfred tell Tom every person must do?
4. Why does the care of the farm fall upon Tom's shoulders when he is eighteen?
5. Where have generations of Brangwens lived?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)