|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Anna view her relationship with her cousin Will?
(a) She is indifferent to him.
(b) She finds him stupid and useless.
(c) He is her escape from the farm into the outside world.
(d) She finds him annoying.
2. How does Tom finally meet Mrs. Lensky, carrying on a conversation with her?
(a) She meets him on the road near his house.
(b) She comes to his farm asking for butter.
(c) She meets him at the market.
(d) She meets him at church.
3. How does Anna get along with other children?
(a) She loves being around other children.
(b) She gets along with everyone.
(c) She dominates them, feeling they are inferior.
(d) She sees them as equals and has many friends.
4. What does everyone at the wedding party get excited over, shouting and applauding?
(a) Anna and William are about to leave.
(b) Anna and will have the first dance.
(c) Tom and his wife dance in the middle of the parlor.
(d) The men act out the mystery play of St. George.
5. How does Tom think his brother Alfred feels about him?
(a) Loves him
(b) Sees him as a child
(c) Despises him a little
(d) Favors him over Frank
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Anna's favorite place to stop on the way to the cattle market?
2. When do Effie and Tom begin fiercely quarreling with each other?
3. How does Will view Anna as they wait to be married?
4. What does Tom see in the loft of the barn that distresses him, making him feel like an old man?
5. What does Tom say a man's soul and a woman's soul united in marriage becomes?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)