|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom say a man's soul and a woman's soul united in marriage becomes?
(a) A happy couple
(b) Soul mates
(c) Everlasting partners
(d) An angel
2. Where does Tom take Anna as she hysterically cries for her mother?
(a) He takes her to the kitchen for a glass of water.
(b) He takes her to her mother.
(c) He takes her in the quiet, warm barn to feed the cows.
(d) He takes her to her bed, demanding that she stop crying.
3. How does Tom feel about himself after meeting Alfred's lover, the lady, Mrs. Forbes?
(a) He is glad he has the quiet life of a farmer.
(b) He regrets taking over the farm and not making more of his life.
(c) He is thankful that he doesn't need to live up to a lady's expectations.
(d) He is content with his way of life.
4. What is the reason Tom Brangwen's wife believes the vicar's children are seen as superior to her own?
(a) Class and virtue
(b) Heritage and money
(c) Education and experience
(d) Wealth and power
5. What do Tom, Alfred, Frank, the brother-in-law, William's brother, and six other men decide to do after Anna and Will leave for their cottage?
(a) They decide to go to the pub for a drink.
(b) They decide to have a horse race.
(c) They decide to have wrestling matches.
(d) They decide to go to the cottage and sing a carol.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Lydia and Tom discover about each other after two years of marriage?
2. How does Will view Anna as they wait to be married?
3. What is Anna's initial reaction to her mother's marriage to Tom?
4. How do Anna and Will react as the men continue singing in the garden?
5. How does Anna feel about Tom after the baby is born?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)