|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does a darkness and dread come over Lydia's mind?
(a) After her two children die of diphtheria
(b) When she marries Paul Lensky
(c) At the start of the war
(d) When she becomes a nurse
2. When does Tom find the end of youth's passionate desire, losing his individuality?
(a) After three days of constant brandy drinking
(b) After three days of working in the fields
(c) After three days of silence and solitude
(d) After three days of praying
3. How does Lydia emerge from her indifference, becoming a new person?
(a) She falls in love with the vicar.
(b) She meets Tom Brangwen in Cossethay.
(c) She lives through her daughter.
(d) She decides to move back to Poland.
4. Where is Anna's favorite place to stop on the way to the cattle market?
5. What is Anna's initial reaction to her mother's marriage to Tom?
(a) She is angry, wanting to move away.
(b) She accepts Tom immediately.
(c) She is happy to have a father.
(d) She is glad her mother has a husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Anna feel about people she meets outside the Marsh farm?
2. What does Brangwen find to replace the desires he has for his wife?
3. What gift does Tom give Will and Anna for their wedding?
4. What does Alfred tell Tom every person must do?
5. Whose imminent visit from Nottingham excites the 18-year-old Anna?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)