|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom crave more than ever from his wife?
(a) Love and passion
(b) Her stories about Poland
(c) Quiet conversations
2. What is Tom's attitude toward his own life while his wife is miserable?
(a) He is moody and miserable too.
(b) He is always happy.
(c) He doesn't care that his wife is in misery.
(d) He keeps the pain at the bottom of his heart and enjoys his life.
3. What is Lydia's mental state in the last few months of her pregnancy?
(a) She is always singing and sewing.
(b) She is spending more time with Tom.
(c) She is looking forward to the baby's birth.
(d) She is depressed, cries, and doesn't want Tom near her.
4. What does Tom say a man's soul and a woman's soul united in marriage becomes?
(a) Everlasting partners
(b) A happy couple
(c) Soul mates
(d) An angel
5. Who does Tom believe he is destined to marry?
(a) The vicar's daughter
(b) The Polish widow, Mrs. Lensky
(d) Tilly's sister
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will discover about himself as he kisses Anna in the moonlight?
2. What does Tom find hard to bear when he thinks about Mrs. Lensky?
3. Why does the care of the farm fall upon Tom's shoulders when he is eighteen?
4. Why is Tom glad that his wife Lydia is there for him on Anna's wedding day?
5. What is the first woodworking gift Will gives to Anna?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)