|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tom feel as he watches his wife in the pain of childbirth?
(a) He just wants it to be over.
(b) His heart is tortured, yet he is at peace.
(c) He wishes they weren't having a baby.
(d) He is indifferent to her moans of pain.
2. Who does Tom believe he is destined to marry?
(a) The Polish widow, Mrs. Lensky
(b) Tilly's sister
(c) The vicar's daughter
3. Where have generations of Brangwens lived?
(b) The Brangwen Ranch
(d) The Marsh Farm
4. What does Tom find hard to bear when he thinks about Mrs. Lensky?
(a) He can't stand that they are complete strangers to each other.
(b) He can't bear that she was married before.
(c) He can't bear that she is six years older than he is.
(d) He can't stand that she has a daughter.
5. What is Tom's reaction when Mrs. Lensky agrees to marry him?
(a) He passes out.
(b) He picks her up, dancing around the room.
(c) He nods his head and heads for home.
(d) He has to sit down, sealed in oblivion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom see in the loft of the barn that distresses him, making him feel like an old man?
2. Who is the person Anna meets that she considers a real person of consequence?
3. How do Anna and Will react as the men continue singing in the garden?
4. Whose imminent visit from Nottingham excites the 18-year-old Anna?
5. Why does the town of Cossethay grow quickly, making the Brangwen's richer?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)