|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom say a man's soul and a woman's soul united in marriage becomes?
(a) A happy couple
(b) Everlasting partners
(c) An angel
(d) Soul mates
2. How do Anna and Will react as the men continue singing in the garden?
(a) They hold each other close, no longer hearing the voices.
(b) They become angry, wishing the men would leave.
(c) They go to another room, so they won't hear the singing.
(d) They look out the window and join in the singing.
3. What would happen to the women of Cossethay if the vicar, Lord William, and Mrs. Hardy were taken away from them?
(a) They would feel more at ease in public.
(b) They would be heavy, uninspired, and hateful.
(c) They would feel more successful with their lives.
(d) They would feel less intimidated.
4. How does Anna feel about people she meets outside the Marsh farm?
(a) She is very friendly when meeting other people.
(b) She enjoys conversing with other people.
(c) She thinks they belittle her and despises them.
(d) She loves other people.
5. Where does Tom take Anna as she hysterically cries for her mother?
(a) He takes her to her bed, demanding that she stop crying.
(b) He takes her in the quiet, warm barn to feed the cows.
(c) He takes her to her mother.
(d) He takes her to the kitchen for a glass of water.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Anna react as she sits at the bar while Tom goes to sell his cow at the cattle market?
2. When does a darkness and dread come over Lydia's mind?
3. What gift does Tom give Will and Anna for their wedding?
4. How does Tom feel about himself after meeting Alfred's lover, the lady, Mrs. Forbes?
5. What is the bitter lesson Tom learns after his son is born?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)