|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dominates the whole wedding party?
(a) Tom, Alfred, and Frank Brangwen
(b) Anna and William
(c) Lydia Brangwen
(d) Alfred Brangwen's wife
2. How does Lydia act toward Tom when she becomes pregnant?
(a) She becomes silent and distant.
(b) She is constantly talking about the new baby.
(c) She is full of life and laughter.
(d) She wants to be with Tom constantly.
3. How does Will view Anna as they wait to be married?
(a) She will make a wonderful home maker.
(b) He is having second thoughts about her.
(c) She is becoming boring.
(d) She is a flame that consumes him.
4. What does Tom see in the loft of the barn that distresses him, making him feel like an old man?
(a) His gray haired wife, shooing the owls away
(b) His thirteen year old dog, dead in the hay
(c) Rotted timbers that need to be replaced
(d) Anna and Will in each other's arms, kissing
5. What is Anna's reaction when Tom carries her into the barn?
(a) She kicks and screams.
(b) She screams hysterically.
(c) She knocks over the cow's food pail.
(d) She becomes quiet and still.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom find hard to bear when he thinks about Mrs. Lensky?
2. What is Tom's reaction when Mrs. Lensky agrees to marry him?
3. How does Tom feel about his new son?
4. Why does the care of the farm fall upon Tom's shoulders when he is eighteen?
5. How does Tom feel as he watches his wife in the pain of childbirth?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)