|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason Tom Brangwen's wife believes the vicar's children are seen as superior to her own?
(a) Heritage and money
(b) Wealth and power
(c) Education and experience
(d) Class and virtue
2. Who does Tom believe he is destined to marry?
(a) The Polish widow, Mrs. Lensky
(b) The vicar's daughter
(c) Tilly's sister
3. What would happen to the women of Cossethay if the vicar, Lord William, and Mrs. Hardy were taken away from them?
(a) They would feel less intimidated.
(b) They would be heavy, uninspired, and hateful.
(c) They would feel more at ease in public.
(d) They would feel more successful with their lives.
4. What is the bitter lesson Tom learns after his son is born?
(a) He wants to be with other women.
(b) Lydia does not want him as much as he wants her.
(c) He does not want Lydia as much as he used to.
(d) Lydia does not want him ever again.
5. What is Tom contemplating as he stands at the altar with Anna on her wedding day?
(a) Should he take Anna and leave the church?
(b) Should he refuse to give Anna away?
(c) How does a person grow old and become confident?
(d) What will his life be like without Anna?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Will view Anna as they wait to be married?
2. What does Will discover about himself as he kisses Anna in the moonlight?
3. What does everyone at the wedding party get excited over, shouting and applauding?
4. How does Tom feel about his new son?
5. What do Lydia and Tom discover about each other after two years of marriage?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)