|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does everyone at the wedding party get excited over, shouting and applauding?
(a) Anna and William are about to leave.
(b) Tom and his wife dance in the middle of the parlor.
(c) Anna and will have the first dance.
(d) The men act out the mystery play of St. George.
2. What would happen to the women of Cossethay if the vicar, Lord William, and Mrs. Hardy were taken away from them?
(a) They would feel more at ease in public.
(b) They would feel more successful with their lives.
(c) They would feel less intimidated.
(d) They would be heavy, uninspired, and hateful.
3. Who is the person Anna meets that she considers a real person of consequence?
(a) Baron Skrebensky
4. What is Anna's initial reaction when the eleven men start singing in the garden of the cottage, outside Anna and Will's window?
5. What does Will discover about himself as he kisses Anna in the moonlight?
(a) He does not want Anna.
(b) He loves Anna.
(c) He doesn't care for Anna.
(d) He wants her desperately.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lydia act toward Tom when she becomes pregnant?
2. What does Anna say to Tom that cuts him to the heart?
3. How do Anna and Will react as the men continue singing in the garden?
4. How does Anna feel about people she meets outside the Marsh farm?
5. What continues to torment Tom even though he is proud and fulfilled in his marriage?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)