|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dominates the whole wedding party?
(a) Alfred Brangwen's wife
(b) Lydia Brangwen
(c) Tom, Alfred, and Frank Brangwen
(d) Anna and William
2. What is the first woodworking gift Will gives to Anna?
(a) Candlesticks with carved flowers
(b) A butter stamp with a phoenix on it
(c) A jewelry box carved with birds
(d) A wooden bowl with carved ivy
3. How does Anna feel about people she meets outside the Marsh farm?
(a) She thinks they belittle her and despises them.
(b) She loves other people.
(c) She is very friendly when meeting other people.
(d) She enjoys conversing with other people.
4. How successful is Tom Brangwen at his school studies?
(a) His brain is slow, hopeless, and good for nothing.
(b) He is at the top of his class in mathematics
(c) He is above average in all his studies
(d) He is the best reader in the class.
5. What is Tom's reaction to Lydia after they are married and the guests leave?
(a) He is ecstatic with joy and cannot wait to hold her.
(b) He is rough and cruel to her.
(c) He is terrified at her strangeness and cannot meet her eyes.
(d) He is indifferent to his new wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would happen to the women of Cossethay if the vicar, Lord William, and Mrs. Hardy were taken away from them?
2. How does Tom think his brother Alfred feels about him?
3. Why does the care of the farm fall upon Tom's shoulders when he is eighteen?
4. Where is Anna's favorite place to stop on the way to the cattle market?
5. What is the reason Tom Brangwen's wife believes the vicar's children are seen as superior to her own?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)