|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Lydia and Tom discover about each other after two years of marriage?
(a) They discover they do not love one another.
(b) They find they will never know one another.
(c) They find fulfillment in each other.
(d) They realize they do not belong together.
2. What does Tom say a man's soul and a woman's soul united in marriage becomes?
(a) A happy couple
(b) Soul mates
(c) An angel
(d) Everlasting partners
3. When does a darkness and dread come over Lydia's mind?
(a) At the start of the war
(b) When she becomes a nurse
(c) After her two children die of diphtheria
(d) When she marries Paul Lensky
4. What do Tom, Alfred, Frank, the brother-in-law, William's brother, and six other men decide to do after Anna and Will leave for their cottage?
(a) They decide to go to the cottage and sing a carol.
(b) They decide to have wrestling matches.
(c) They decide to have a horse race.
(d) They decide to go to the pub for a drink.
5. Where have generations of Brangwens lived?
(a) The Brangwen Ranch
(c) The Marsh Farm
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tom contemplating as he stands at the altar with Anna on her wedding day?
2. What do Paul, a young doctor, and Lydia Lensky, a nurse, represent in Poland?
3. What does Alfred tell Tom every person must do?
4. What does Tom crave more than ever from his wife?
5. What is Tom's secret desire for Anna?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)