|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lydia act toward Tom when she becomes pregnant?
(a) She is constantly talking about the new baby.
(b) She becomes silent and distant.
(c) She wants to be with Tom constantly.
(d) She is full of life and laughter.
2. How does Tom react when Anna refuses to let Tilly put her in her nightdress?
(a) Tom tells Tilly to let Anna go to bed in her clothes.
(b) Tom spanks Anna, telling her to stop crying.
(c) Tom angrily undresses Anna, putting her in her nightdress himself.
(d) Tom cuddles with Anna, saying she is a good girl.
3. What is the bitter lesson Tom learns after his son is born?
(a) He does not want Lydia as much as he used to.
(b) He wants to be with other women.
(c) Lydia does not want him ever again.
(d) Lydia does not want him as much as he wants her.
4. How does Lydia emerge from her indifference, becoming a new person?
(a) She meets Tom Brangwen in Cossethay.
(b) She lives through her daughter.
(c) She falls in love with the vicar.
(d) She decides to move back to Poland.
5. What does Alfred tell Tom every person must do?
(a) No one can be happy alone.
(b) Everyone needs other people
(c) Go on with life by yourself
(d) Be happy to have a wife to go through life with
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Anna's initial reaction to her mother's marriage to Tom?
2. Where does Tom take Anna as she hysterically cries for her mother?
3. How does Anna react to her parent's relationship?
4. What is the first woodworking gift Will gives to Anna?
5. Why is Tom glad that his wife Lydia is there for him on Anna's wedding day?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)