|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tom take Anna as she hysterically cries for her mother?
(a) He takes her to the kitchen for a glass of water.
(b) He takes her to her mother.
(c) He takes her to her bed, demanding that she stop crying.
(d) He takes her in the quiet, warm barn to feed the cows.
2. How does Anna get along with other children?
(a) She sees them as equals and has many friends.
(b) She gets along with everyone.
(c) She loves being around other children.
(d) She dominates them, feeling they are inferior.
3. What does Tom say a man's soul and a woman's soul united in marriage becomes?
(a) Everlasting partners
(b) A happy couple
(c) Soul mates
(d) An angel
4. Why does the care of the farm fall upon Tom's shoulders when he is eighteen?
(a) His father feels he is ready to take on the responsibility
(b) His father falls off the stack, breaking his neck.
(c) His mother forces him to do the farming.
(d) His brother, Alfred, tells his he has to do the farming.
5. When does a darkness and dread come over Lydia's mind?
(a) When she marries Paul Lensky
(b) At the start of the war
(c) When she becomes a nurse
(d) After her two children die of diphtheria
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Tom, Alfred, Frank, the brother-in-law, William's brother, and six other men decide to do after Anna and Will leave for their cottage?
2. How does Anna feel about herself as she drives to the wedding with her father?
3. How does Will view Anna as they wait to be married?
4. What is Tom's reaction when Mrs. Lensky agrees to marry him?
5. How successful is Tom Brangwen at his school studies?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)