|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lydia's mental state in the last few months of her pregnancy?
(a) She is looking forward to the baby's birth.
(b) She is spending more time with Tom.
(c) She is depressed, cries, and doesn't want Tom near her.
(d) She is always singing and sewing.
2. How does Tom react when Anna refuses to let Tilly put her in her nightdress?
(a) Tom tells Tilly to let Anna go to bed in her clothes.
(b) Tom spanks Anna, telling her to stop crying.
(c) Tom angrily undresses Anna, putting her in her nightdress himself.
(d) Tom cuddles with Anna, saying she is a good girl.
3. How does Lydia act toward Tom when she becomes pregnant?
(a) She is constantly talking about the new baby.
(b) She is full of life and laughter.
(c) She wants to be with Tom constantly.
(d) She becomes silent and distant.
4. Why does the town of Cossethay grow quickly, making the Brangwen's richer?
(a) There is a goldrush.
(b) The town offers public education
(c) More people are getting married and having children
(d) The Midland Railway comes down the valley.
5. What is Tom's reaction to Lydia after they are married and the guests leave?
(a) He is indifferent to his new wife.
(b) He is ecstatic with joy and cannot wait to hold her.
(c) He is rough and cruel to her.
(d) He is terrified at her strangeness and cannot meet her eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Anna feel about herself as she drives to the wedding with her father?
2. What does Will ask Mr. and Mrs. Brangwen after he and Anna kiss in the cornfield?
3. How does Will view Anna as they wait to be married?
4. What is Tom contemplating as he stands at the altar with Anna on her wedding day?
5. What is Anna's reaction when Tom carries her into the barn?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)