|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift does Tom give Will and Anna for their wedding?
(a) He gives them a share in the farm.
(b) He gives them his favorite stallion.
(c) He gives them a cottage in Cossethay.
(d) He gives them a horse and carriage.
2. What does Tom see in the loft of the barn that distresses him, making him feel like an old man?
(a) His gray haired wife, shooing the owls away
(b) Rotted timbers that need to be replaced
(c) Anna and Will in each other's arms, kissing
(d) His thirteen year old dog, dead in the hay
3. How does Anna feel about herself as she drives to the wedding with her father?
(a) She is embarrassed by her father's crassness.
(b) She is nervous and self-conscious.
(c) She is ecstatic, feeling lovely and flamboyant.
(d) She feels ugly and inferior.
4. What does Alfred tell Tom every person must do?
(a) Be happy to have a wife to go through life with
(b) No one can be happy alone.
(c) Everyone needs other people
(d) Go on with life by yourself
5. What is Tom's reaction to Lydia after they are married and the guests leave?
(a) He is ecstatic with joy and cannot wait to hold her.
(b) He is rough and cruel to her.
(c) He is indifferent to his new wife.
(d) He is terrified at her strangeness and cannot meet her eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Anna's reaction when Tom carries her into the barn?
2. What is Tom's reaction when Mrs. Lensky agrees to marry him?
3. What does Brangwen find to replace the desires he has for his wife?
4. What is the bitter lesson Tom learns after his son is born?
5. When do Effie and Tom begin fiercely quarreling with each other?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)