|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anna say to Tom that cuts him to the heart?
(a) She tells him she is moving away.
(b) She tells him that she hates her mother.
(c) She tells him that she is never getting married.
(d) She tells him that he is not her father.
2. How does Lydia emerge from her indifference, becoming a new person?
(a) She lives through her daughter.
(b) She meets Tom Brangwen in Cossethay.
(c) She decides to move back to Poland.
(d) She falls in love with the vicar.
3. What continues to torment Tom even though he is proud and fulfilled in his marriage?
(a) He is afraid his sons will not want the farm.
(b) He yearns for Anna's love because she is his hope.
(c) He worried that his sons will fight over the farm.
(d) He worries about the farm and finances.
4. How does Tom think his brother Alfred feels about him?
(a) Loves him
(b) Favors him over Frank
(c) Despises him a little
(d) Sees him as a child
5. How does Anna feel about people she meets outside the Marsh farm?
(a) She enjoys conversing with other people.
(b) She is very friendly when meeting other people.
(c) She thinks they belittle her and despises them.
(d) She loves other people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the town of Cossethay grow quickly, making the Brangwen's richer?
2. What does Brangwen find to replace the desires he has for his wife?
3. How does Tom feel about his new son?
4. What is Anna's reaction when Tom carries her into the barn?
5. How does Anna react as she sits at the bar while Tom goes to sell his cow at the cattle market?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)