|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first woodworking gift Will gives to Anna?
(a) Candlesticks with carved flowers
(b) A butter stamp with a phoenix on it
(c) A wooden bowl with carved ivy
(d) A jewelry box carved with birds
2. What does Tom say a man's soul and a woman's soul united in marriage becomes?
(a) Everlasting partners
(b) A happy couple
(c) Soul mates
(d) An angel
3. What is Anna's reaction when Tom carries her into the barn?
(a) She kicks and screams.
(b) She screams hysterically.
(c) She knocks over the cow's food pail.
(d) She becomes quiet and still.
4. How does Anna feel about herself as she drives to the wedding with her father?
(a) She is ecstatic, feeling lovely and flamboyant.
(b) She is nervous and self-conscious.
(c) She is embarrassed by her father's crassness.
(d) She feels ugly and inferior.
5. What is Anna's initial reaction when the eleven men start singing in the garden of the cottage, outside Anna and Will's window?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tom's reaction when Mrs. Lensky agrees to marry him?
2. Who is the person Anna meets that she considers a real person of consequence?
3. How does Anna view her relationship with her cousin Will?
4. What does Brangwen find to replace the desires he has for his wife?
5. What does Tom see in the loft of the barn that distresses him, making him feel like an old man?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)