|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Anna get along with other children?
(a) She dominates them, feeling they are inferior.
(b) She loves being around other children.
(c) She sees them as equals and has many friends.
(d) She gets along with everyone.
2. How does Will view Anna as they wait to be married?
(a) She is becoming boring.
(b) He is having second thoughts about her.
(c) She will make a wonderful home maker.
(d) She is a flame that consumes him.
3. How does Lydia act toward Tom when she becomes pregnant?
(a) She is full of life and laughter.
(b) She wants to be with Tom constantly.
(c) She becomes silent and distant.
(d) She is constantly talking about the new baby.
4. Why is Tom glad that his wife Lydia is there for him on Anna's wedding day?
(a) She will tell him what he should do during the ceremony.
(b) She will sustain him among all of the people attending the wedding.
(c) She will help him forget his loss of Anna.
(d) She will arrange the party after the wedding.
5. How does Anna feel about people she meets outside the Marsh farm?
(a) She is very friendly when meeting other people.
(b) She enjoys conversing with other people.
(c) She loves other people.
(d) She thinks they belittle her and despises them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Anna feel about Tom after the baby is born?
2. Who does Tom believe he is destined to marry?
3. Why does the care of the farm fall upon Tom's shoulders when he is eighteen?
4. Where does Tom take Anna as she hysterically cries for her mother?
5. What does Tom see in the loft of the barn that distresses him, making him feel like an old man?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)