|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tom take Anna as she hysterically cries for her mother?
(a) He takes her in the quiet, warm barn to feed the cows.
(b) He takes her to the kitchen for a glass of water.
(c) He takes her to her mother.
(d) He takes her to her bed, demanding that she stop crying.
2. What does Tom see in the loft of the barn that distresses him, making him feel like an old man?
(a) His gray haired wife, shooing the owls away
(b) Rotted timbers that need to be replaced
(c) His thirteen year old dog, dead in the hay
(d) Anna and Will in each other's arms, kissing
3. What is Tom's reaction to Lydia after they are married and the guests leave?
(a) He is rough and cruel to her.
(b) He is indifferent to his new wife.
(c) He is ecstatic with joy and cannot wait to hold her.
(d) He is terrified at her strangeness and cannot meet her eyes.
4. What is Anna's initial reaction to her mother's marriage to Tom?
(a) She accepts Tom immediately.
(b) She is angry, wanting to move away.
(c) She is happy to have a father.
(d) She is glad her mother has a husband.
5. What does Tom find hard to bear when he thinks about Mrs. Lensky?
(a) He can't bear that she is six years older than he is.
(b) He can't stand that she has a daughter.
(c) He can't bear that she was married before.
(d) He can't stand that they are complete strangers to each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tom think his brother Alfred feels about him?
2. What does Will ask Mr. and Mrs. Brangwen after he and Anna kiss in the cornfield?
3. How does Anna react as she sits at the bar while Tom goes to sell his cow at the cattle market?
4. How does Anna feel about Tom after the baby is born?
5. What does Will discover about himself as he kisses Anna in the moonlight?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)