|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brangwen find to replace the desires he has for his wife?
(a) He works day and night.
(b) He spends all his time at the bar.
(c) He becomes closer to Anna and drinks more.
(d) He reads throughout the night.
2. What is Anna's initial reaction to her mother's marriage to Tom?
(a) She accepts Tom immediately.
(b) She is happy to have a father.
(c) She is angry, wanting to move away.
(d) She is glad her mother has a husband.
3. What would happen to the women of Cossethay if the vicar, Lord William, and Mrs. Hardy were taken away from them?
(a) They would feel more at ease in public.
(b) They would feel more successful with their lives.
(c) They would be heavy, uninspired, and hateful.
(d) They would feel less intimidated.
4. What does Alfred tell Tom every person must do?
(a) Be happy to have a wife to go through life with
(b) Everyone needs other people
(c) Go on with life by yourself
(d) No one can be happy alone.
5. Where does Tom take Anna as she hysterically cries for her mother?
(a) He takes her in the quiet, warm barn to feed the cows.
(b) He takes her to her mother.
(c) He takes her to her bed, demanding that she stop crying.
(d) He takes her to the kitchen for a glass of water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does everyone at the wedding party get excited over, shouting and applauding?
2. What does Anna say to Tom that cuts him to the heart?
3. How does Anna get along with other children?
4. How does Lydia act toward Tom when she becomes pregnant?
5. How does Anna feel about Tom after the baby is born?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)