|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Anna's initial reaction to her mother's marriage to Tom?
(a) She is glad her mother has a husband.
(b) She accepts Tom immediately.
(c) She is angry, wanting to move away.
(d) She is happy to have a father.
2. How does Tom react when Anna refuses to let Tilly put her in her nightdress?
(a) Tom spanks Anna, telling her to stop crying.
(b) Tom cuddles with Anna, saying she is a good girl.
(c) Tom angrily undresses Anna, putting her in her nightdress himself.
(d) Tom tells Tilly to let Anna go to bed in her clothes.
3. Why does Tom love to visit Anna and William?
(a) Because he likes to get away from home
(b) Because he misses Anna
(c) Because it keeps him from work
(d) Because they are glowing and full of life
4. What type of child is Gudrun?
(a) She is quiet, mild-mannered, but indomitable.
(b) She is slow and meek.
(c) She is volatile and quick tempered.
(d) She is active, and athletic.
5. What does Fred do after his father's death?
(a) He throws himself into restoring the farm.
(b) He becomes abusive toward his mother.
(c) He becomes depressed and indifferent toward the farm.
(d) He moves away from Marsh farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom see in the loft of the barn that distresses him, making him feel like an old man?
2. What is young Tom Brangwen feeling behind his healthy, good looks, and well dressed appearance?
3. Who is the person Anna meets that she considers a real person of consequence?
4. What does Will discover about himself as he kisses Anna in the moonlight?
5. What continues to torment Tom even though he is proud and fulfilled in his marriage?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)