|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Anna's temperament and William's temperament complement one another?
(a) She is the rain. He is the sunshine.
(b) She is sunlight. He is darkness.
(c) She is arrogant. He is humble.
(d) She is the storm. He is the calm.
2. Why is Lydia thankful to Tom for the life he gave her?
(a) Because she was secure in his dominance
(b) Because he let her live in his shadow
(c) Because he let her be herself
(d) Because he gave her all the money she needed
3. What type of child is Gudrun?
(a) She is volatile and quick tempered.
(b) She is quiet, mild-mannered, but indomitable.
(c) She is active, and athletic.
(d) She is slow and meek.
4. What does William ask the girl sitting next to him in the Empire ?
(a) If she goes to college
(b) How old she is
(c) If she would like to go to the tea shop with him
(d) If she has a husband
5. What is Lydia's mental state in the last few months of her pregnancy?
(a) She is always singing and sewing.
(b) She is depressed, cries, and doesn't want Tom near her.
(c) She is spending more time with Tom.
(d) She is looking forward to the baby's birth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lydia's advice for Ursula as they discuss Lydia's life with her husbands?
2. What does Will Brangwen feel guilty about while he is on his honeymoon?
3. What is Anna unable to tell William for four days, while they battle with each other?
4. What is Tom's reaction to Lydia after they are married and the guests leave?
5. How does Will view Anna as they wait to be married?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)