|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Ursula feel the most secure, warm, and happy?
(a) When her father returns home
(b) When she is with her baby sister
(c) When her mother is in the house
(d) When the whole family gathers at the table
2. How does Lydia act toward Tom when she becomes pregnant?
(a) She is full of life and laughter.
(b) She becomes silent and distant.
(c) She is constantly talking about the new baby.
(d) She wants to be with Tom constantly.
3. How does Lydia emerge from her indifference, becoming a new person?
(a) She lives through her daughter.
(b) She falls in love with the vicar.
(c) She meets Tom Brangwen in Cossethay.
(d) She decides to move back to Poland.
4. What is the first woodworking gift Will gives to Anna?
(a) A jewelry box carved with birds
(b) A wooden bowl with carved ivy
(c) Candlesticks with carved flowers
(d) A butter stamp with a phoenix on it
5. What is Tom's reaction to Lydia after they are married and the guests leave?
(a) He is rough and cruel to her.
(b) He is indifferent to his new wife.
(c) He is ecstatic with joy and cannot wait to hold her.
(d) He is terrified at her strangeness and cannot meet her eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lydia see herself when she is married to Paul Lensky?
2. How does William's relationship with Ursula change after the birth of Gudrun?
3. Who is Lydia's comforting friend after Tom's death?
4. Why does Anna relinquish her adventurous spirit and wonder of the unknown?
5. How does Will view Anna as they wait to be married?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)