|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose imminent visit from Nottingham excites the 18-year-old Anna?
(a) Her Uncle Alfred
(b) Her cousin Will
(c) Her friend, Tilly
(d) Her real father
2. What continues to torment Tom even though he is proud and fulfilled in his marriage?
(a) He worries about the farm and finances.
(b) He yearns for Anna's love because she is his hope.
(c) He is afraid his sons will not want the farm.
(d) He worried that his sons will fight over the farm.
3. How does Tom feel as he watches his wife in the pain of childbirth?
(a) His heart is tortured, yet he is at peace.
(b) He just wants it to be over.
(c) He wishes they weren't having a baby.
(d) He is indifferent to her moans of pain.
4. What is young Tom Brangwen feeling behind his healthy, good looks, and well dressed appearance?
(a) A deep misery
(d) A violent nature
5. What gift does Tom give Will and Anna for their wedding?
(a) He gives them a share in the farm.
(b) He gives them his favorite stallion.
(c) He gives them a horse and carriage.
(d) He gives them a cottage in Cossethay.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Ursula feel the most secure, warm, and happy?
2. How does Lydia act toward Tom when she becomes pregnant?
3. What is the great peace that Ursula finds when she visits her grandmother in her bedroom on Marsh farm?
4. How does Tom react when Anna refuses to let Tilly put her in her nightdress?
5. Why is Lydia thankful to Tom for the life he gave her?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)