|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What angers Anna about Will's attitude at church?
(a) He delves into the meaning of the service, ignoring her.
(b) He does not care about mankind.
(c) He is overly passionate about the sermon.
(d) He is too devout.
2. Who is the person Anna meets that she considers a real person of consequence?
(a) Baron Skrebensky
3. How does Tom feel as he watches his wife in the pain of childbirth?
(a) He is indifferent to her moans of pain.
(b) He wishes they weren't having a baby.
(c) His heart is tortured, yet he is at peace.
(d) He just wants it to be over.
4. How does Lydia emerge from her indifference, becoming a new person?
(a) She falls in love with the vicar.
(b) She lives through her daughter.
(c) She decides to move back to Poland.
(d) She meets Tom Brangwen in Cossethay.
5. How does Will react to Anna's preparations for a tea party?
(a) He is glad to be back in the world.
(b) He can't wait to see other people.
(c) He is angry, retreating into blackness.
(d) He is excited, helping with the cleaning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tom's reaction to Lydia after they are married and the guests leave?
2. Which of the Brangwen boys has a soft, mysterious nature, strange peacefulness, informed air, and brings a foreign touch to the Marsh farm?
3. What is Ursula's impression of her father?
4. What terrifies Ursula about her Uncle Tom as he grieves for his father?
5. How do Anna's temperament and William's temperament complement one another?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)