|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lydia see herself when she is married to Paul Lensky?
(a) As a slave to him
(b) As her own being
(c) As a free spirit
(d) As an empowered woman
2. What is it about Anna that leaves William unsatisfied and unfulfilled?
(a) Her pregnancy
(b) Her maturity
(c) Her flowery innocence
(d) Her ugly nature
3. Why does Tom love to visit Anna and William?
(a) Because he misses Anna
(b) Because it keeps him from work
(c) Because they are glowing and full of life
(d) Because he likes to get away from home
4. What is Ursula's impression of her father?
(a) He is indifferent and loveless to her.
(b) He is a stranger to her.
(c) He is cruel and heartless to her.
(d) He is full of magic and fascination to her.
5. What does William witness that torments him for the rest of his life?
(a) An old woman, dead and alone for two weeks
(b) A child drowning in the pond
(c) A violent knifing in Cossethay
(d) The pregnant Anna, dancing naked in the bedroom
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Ursula when a third child is born to Anna and William?
2. What lesson about life did Ursula learn at an early age after her father insults her for stepping in the seed beds?
3. How does William's relationship with Ursula change after the birth of Gudrun?
4. What does Anna say to Tom that cuts him to the heart?
5. How does Tom Brangwen die after returning home from Nottingham?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)