|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Anna's initial reaction to her mother's marriage to Tom?
(a) She accepts Tom immediately.
(b) She is angry, wanting to move away.
(c) She is happy to have a father.
(d) She is glad her mother has a husband.
2. What is the question William asks himself when he and Anna are constantly tormenting one another?
(a) What gift can he get for Anna?
(b) How can he be nicer to Anna?
(c) Why can't he leave her?
(d) Will the baby bring them together?
3. What is the deep trouble that is between Anna and William?
(a) Anna complains about money.
(b) Anna mocks William's religious beliefs.
(c) William won't let Anna go to church.
(d) William dislikes Anna's father.
4. What is Tom's attitude toward his own life while his wife is miserable?
(a) He is always happy.
(b) He is moody and miserable too.
(c) He doesn't care that his wife is in misery.
(d) He keeps the pain at the bottom of his heart and enjoys his life.
5. What type of child is Gudrun?
(a) She is active, and athletic.
(b) She is quiet, mild-mannered, but indomitable.
(c) She is volatile and quick tempered.
(d) She is slow and meek.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lydia Brangwen wish for as she sees the turmoil in her son's lives?
2. What do Paul, a young doctor, and Lydia Lensky, a nurse, represent in Poland?
3. Which of the Brangwen boys has a soft, mysterious nature, strange peacefulness, informed air, and brings a foreign touch to the Marsh farm?
4. What gift does Tom give Will and Anna for their wedding?
5. How does Anna feel about people she meets outside the Marsh farm?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)