|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tom react when Anna refuses to let Tilly put her in her nightdress?
(a) Tom tells Tilly to let Anna go to bed in her clothes.
(b) Tom spanks Anna, telling her to stop crying.
(c) Tom cuddles with Anna, saying she is a good girl.
(d) Tom angrily undresses Anna, putting her in her nightdress himself.
2. What does Will Brangwen feel guilty about while he is on his honeymoon?
(a) For shutting himself off from the world
(b) For ignoring Anna
(c) For wanting Anna so much
(d) For never wanting to go back to the world
3. What does Fred do after his father's death?
(a) He throws himself into restoring the farm.
(b) He becomes abusive toward his mother.
(c) He becomes depressed and indifferent toward the farm.
(d) He moves away from Marsh farm.
4. Why does Anna relinquish her adventurous spirit and wonder of the unknown?
(a) Her father tells her to grow up.
(b) She becomes content with another pregnancy.
(c) Her mother tells her to be a responsible wife.
(d) She is beaten down by William.
5. Who is the person Anna meets that she considers a real person of consequence?
(b) Baron Skrebensky
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lydia emerge from her indifference, becoming a new person?
2. What are William's actions with the girl he takes to the park?
3. What is young Tom Brangwen feeling behind his healthy, good looks, and well dressed appearance?
4. What is Ursula's impression of her father?
5. What is Lydia's advice for Ursula as they discuss Lydia's life with her husbands?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)