|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lydia's mental state in the last few months of her pregnancy?
(a) She is always singing and sewing.
(b) She is spending more time with Tom.
(c) She is looking forward to the baby's birth.
(d) She is depressed, cries, and doesn't want Tom near her.
2. How do Anna's temperament and William's temperament complement one another?
(a) She is the storm. He is the calm.
(b) She is the rain. He is the sunshine.
(c) She is sunlight. He is darkness.
(d) She is arrogant. He is humble.
3. How does Anna view her relationship with her cousin Will?
(a) She finds him stupid and useless.
(b) She is indifferent to him.
(c) He is her escape from the farm into the outside world.
(d) She finds him annoying.
4. Why does Anna relinquish her adventurous spirit and wonder of the unknown?
(a) She becomes content with another pregnancy.
(b) She is beaten down by William.
(c) Her father tells her to grow up.
(d) Her mother tells her to be a responsible wife.
5. How does Tom Brangwen die after returning home from Nottingham?
(a) He drowns in the flood.
(b) He dies in his sleep.
(c) He has a heart attack.
(d) His horse kicks him in the head.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are William's actions with the girl he takes to the park?
2. What is Anna's initial reaction to her mother's marriage to Tom?
3. How does Lydia emerge from her indifference, becoming a new person?
4. What is the great peace that Ursula finds when she visits her grandmother in her bedroom on Marsh farm?
5. What is Tom's attitude toward his own life while his wife is miserable?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)