|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to comfort William when the stress of four children becomes a heavy burden for him?
2. What is the great peace that Ursula finds when she visits her grandmother in her bedroom on Marsh farm?
(a) To know that her grandmother loves her
(b) To know she will get anything she wants from her grandmother
(c) To know she can have all the sweets she wants
(d) To know her own importance within all those who lived before her
3. How does Will view Anna as they wait to be married?
(a) He is having second thoughts about her.
(b) She is becoming boring.
(c) She will make a wonderful home maker.
(d) She is a flame that consumes him.
4. When does Ursula feel the most secure, warm, and happy?
(a) When her father returns home
(b) When her mother is in the house
(c) When she is with her baby sister
(d) When the whole family gathers at the table
5. Why is Lydia thankful to Tom for the life he gave her?
(a) Because he let her be herself
(b) Because she was secure in his dominance
(c) Because he let her live in his shadow
(d) Because he gave her all the money she needed
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the question William asks himself when he and Anna are constantly tormenting one another?
2. William comes home from the park a changed man. How does Anna react to this new side of her husband?
3. What does William ask the girl sitting next to him in the Empire ?
4. When does a darkness and dread come over Lydia's mind?
5. What do Paul, a young doctor, and Lydia Lensky, a nurse, represent in Poland?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)