|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tom feel as he watches his wife in the pain of childbirth?
(a) He is indifferent to her moans of pain.
(b) His heart is tortured, yet he is at peace.
(c) He wishes they weren't having a baby.
(d) He just wants it to be over.
2. Why does Lydia feel sorry for her first husband, Paul Lensky?
(a) Because he died old and alone
(b) Because he died young, scarcely living
(c) Because he had a poor childhood
(d) Because he had no heirs
3. What is the deep trouble that is between Anna and William?
(a) Anna complains about money.
(b) Anna mocks William's religious beliefs.
(c) William won't let Anna go to church.
(d) William dislikes Anna's father.
4. What does Fred do after his father's death?
(a) He throws himself into restoring the farm.
(b) He becomes depressed and indifferent toward the farm.
(c) He moves away from Marsh farm.
(d) He becomes abusive toward his mother.
5. What does Will Brangwen feel guilty about while he is on his honeymoon?
(a) For wanting Anna so much
(b) For ignoring Anna
(c) For shutting himself off from the world
(d) For never wanting to go back to the world
Short Answer Questions
1. What does William witness that torments him for the rest of his life?
2. Why does Anna relinquish her adventurous spirit and wonder of the unknown?
3. What type of child is Gudrun?
4. Which of the Brangwen boys has a soft, mysterious nature, strange peacefulness, informed air, and brings a foreign touch to the Marsh farm?
5. What terrifies Ursula about her Uncle Tom as he grieves for his father?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)