|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom see in the loft of the barn that distresses him, making him feel like an old man?
(a) Rotted timbers that need to be replaced
(b) His thirteen year old dog, dead in the hay
(c) Anna and Will in each other's arms, kissing
(d) His gray haired wife, shooing the owls away
2. What is Anna unable to tell William for four days, while they battle with each other?
(a) She loves someone else.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She wants to leave him.
(d) She is sorry.
3. Who is Lydia's comforting friend after Tom's death?
4. What do Paul, a young doctor, and Lydia Lensky, a nurse, represent in Poland?
(a) The joys of marriage
(b) A traditional Polish couple
(c) The new movement begun in Russia
(d) The obedience of Polish citizens
5. What does Will Brangwen feel guilty about while he is on his honeymoon?
(a) For ignoring Anna
(b) For shutting himself off from the world
(c) For wanting Anna so much
(d) For never wanting to go back to the world
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tom react when Anna refuses to let Tilly put her in her nightdress?
2. What is the question William asks himself when he and Anna are constantly tormenting one another?
3. How does Lydia emerge from her indifference, becoming a new person?
4. What is Tom's attitude toward his own life while his wife is miserable?
5. How do Anna's temperament and William's temperament complement one another?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)