|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tom Brangwen die after returning home from Nottingham?
(a) His horse kicks him in the head.
(b) He has a heart attack.
(c) He dies in his sleep.
(d) He drowns in the flood.
2. What is the first woodworking gift Will gives to Anna?
(a) Candlesticks with carved flowers
(b) A butter stamp with a phoenix on it
(c) A jewelry box carved with birds
(d) A wooden bowl with carved ivy
3. What is Anna's initial reaction to her mother's marriage to Tom?
(a) She accepts Tom immediately.
(b) She is glad her mother has a husband.
(c) She is happy to have a father.
(d) She is angry, wanting to move away.
4. William comes home from the park a changed man. How does Anna react to this new side of her husband?
(a) She is enthralled by his new strangeness.
(b) She tells him to get out.
(c) She ignores him completely.
(d) She is afraid of him.
5. How do Anna's temperament and William's temperament complement one another?
(a) She is sunlight. He is darkness.
(b) She is the rain. He is the sunshine.
(c) She is the storm. He is the calm.
(d) She is arrogant. He is humble.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose imminent visit from Nottingham excites the 18-year-old Anna?
2. What is Tom's attitude toward his own life while his wife is miserable?
3. What does Fred do after his father's death?
4. Who is the person Anna meets that she considers a real person of consequence?
5. What is it about Anna that leaves William unsatisfied and unfulfilled?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)