|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lydia act toward Tom when she becomes pregnant?
(a) She is full of life and laughter.
(b) She is constantly talking about the new baby.
(c) She wants to be with Tom constantly.
(d) She becomes silent and distant.
2. Which of the Brangwen boys has a soft, mysterious nature, strange peacefulness, informed air, and brings a foreign touch to the Marsh farm?
3. Whose imminent visit from Nottingham excites the 18-year-old Anna?
(a) Her cousin Will
(b) Her real father
(c) Her friend, Tilly
(d) Her Uncle Alfred
4. What is Anna's reaction when Tom carries her into the barn?
(a) She knocks over the cow's food pail.
(b) She becomes quiet and still.
(c) She screams hysterically.
(d) She kicks and screams.
5. How does Anna feel about people she meets outside the Marsh farm?
(a) She enjoys conversing with other people.
(b) She loves other people.
(c) She thinks they belittle her and despises them.
(d) She is very friendly when meeting other people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Anna's initial reaction to her mother's marriage to Tom?
2. What type of child is Gudrun?
3. What is Ursula's impression of her father?
4. How does Tom feel as he watches his wife in the pain of childbirth?
5. How does Tom Brangwen die after returning home from Nottingham?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)