|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Anna's temperament and William's temperament complement one another?
(a) She is arrogant. He is humble.
(b) She is the storm. He is the calm.
(c) She is the rain. He is the sunshine.
(d) She is sunlight. He is darkness.
2. What is Tom's reaction to Lydia after they are married and the guests leave?
(a) He is rough and cruel to her.
(b) He is ecstatic with joy and cannot wait to hold her.
(c) He is indifferent to his new wife.
(d) He is terrified at her strangeness and cannot meet her eyes.
3. What is the description of the relationship between Anna and William in this chapter?
(a) It is carefree and loving.
(b) It is full of humor and longing.
(c) It is an equal partnership.
(d) It is full of love and conflict.
4. How does Lydia see herself when she is married to Paul Lensky?
(a) As an empowered woman
(b) As a free spirit
(c) As her own being
(d) As a slave to him
5. What is young Tom Brangwen feeling behind his healthy, good looks, and well dressed appearance?
(a) A deep misery
(b) A violent nature
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose imminent visit from Nottingham excites the 18-year-old Anna?
2. How does William become reborn, learning to be himself and alone?
3. What is the deep trouble that is between Anna and William?
4. When does Ursula feel the most secure, warm, and happy?
5. How does Will react to Anna's preparations for a tea party?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)