|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose imminent visit from Nottingham excites the 18-year-old Anna?
(a) Her friend, Tilly
(b) Her Uncle Alfred
(c) Her cousin Will
(d) Her real father
2. Who is Lydia's comforting friend after Tom's death?
3. When does Ursula feel the most secure, warm, and happy?
(a) When she is with her baby sister
(b) When her father returns home
(c) When her mother is in the house
(d) When the whole family gathers at the table
4. How old is Ursula when a third child is born to Anna and William?
5. What is the question William asks himself when he and Anna are constantly tormenting one another?
(a) Why can't he leave her?
(b) How can he be nicer to Anna?
(c) What gift can he get for Anna?
(d) Will the baby bring them together?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lydia's advice for Ursula as they discuss Lydia's life with her husbands?
2. What terrifies Ursula about her Uncle Tom as he grieves for his father?
3. How does Anna view her relationship with her cousin Will?
4. What is Ursula's impression of her father?
5. How does Tom feel as he watches his wife in the pain of childbirth?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)