|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does William become reborn, learning to be himself and alone?
(a) He leaves Anna for two weeks.
(b) He goes to church every day.
(c) Anna forces him to sleep alone.
(d) He forces Anna to sleep in another room.
2. How does Will view Anna as they wait to be married?
(a) She is becoming boring.
(b) She is a flame that consumes him.
(c) She will make a wonderful home maker.
(d) He is having second thoughts about her.
3. What does William ask the girl sitting next to him in the Empire ?
(a) If she has a husband
(b) If she would like to go to the tea shop with him
(c) If she goes to college
(d) How old she is
4. What does William witness that torments him for the rest of his life?
(a) A violent knifing in Cossethay
(b) The pregnant Anna, dancing naked in the bedroom
(c) A child drowning in the pond
(d) An old woman, dead and alone for two weeks
5. What lesson about life did Ursula learn at an early age after her father insults her for stepping in the seed beds?
(a) She learned to obey her father.
(b) She learned to rely on her sisters.
(c) She learned to harden herself from the outside world.
(d) She learned to go to her mother for sympathy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will ask Mr. and Mrs. Brangwen after he and Anna kiss in the cornfield?
2. How does William adapt to life as a husband and father of three children?
3. Where does Tom take Anna as she hysterically cries for her mother?
4. William comes home from the park a changed man. How does Anna react to this new side of her husband?
5. What type of child is Gudrun?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)