|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first woodworking gift Will gives to Anna?
(a) A wooden bowl with carved ivy
(b) A butter stamp with a phoenix on it
(c) Candlesticks with carved flowers
(d) A jewelry box carved with birds
2. Where does Tom take Anna as she hysterically cries for her mother?
(a) He takes her to her bed, demanding that she stop crying.
(b) He takes her to the kitchen for a glass of water.
(c) He takes her to her mother.
(d) He takes her in the quiet, warm barn to feed the cows.
3. Why is Lydia thankful to Tom for the life he gave her?
(a) Because he gave her all the money she needed
(b) Because he let her be herself
(c) Because he let her live in his shadow
(d) Because she was secure in his dominance
4. What terrifies Ursula about her Uncle Tom as he grieves for his father?
(a) His unforgiving eyes
(b) His uncontrollable crying
(c) His indifference to his father's death
(d) His animal-like grimace and horrible grin
5. How does Anna view her relationship with her cousin Will?
(a) She finds him annoying.
(b) He is her escape from the farm into the outside world.
(c) She is indifferent to him.
(d) She finds him stupid and useless.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Anna relinquish her adventurous spirit and wonder of the unknown?
2. William comes home from the park a changed man. How does Anna react to this new side of her husband?
3. What does William ask the girl sitting next to him in the Empire ?
4. How does Lydia emerge from her indifference, becoming a new person?
5. How do Anna's temperament and William's temperament complement one another?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)