|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose imminent visit from Nottingham excites the 18-year-old Anna?
(a) Her Uncle Alfred
(b) Her real father
(c) Her cousin Will
(d) Her friend, Tilly
2. What is Anna's reaction when Tom carries her into the barn?
(a) She screams hysterically.
(b) She knocks over the cow's food pail.
(c) She becomes quiet and still.
(d) She kicks and screams.
3. What does Will Brangwen feel guilty about while he is on his honeymoon?
(a) For wanting Anna so much
(b) For never wanting to go back to the world
(c) For shutting himself off from the world
(d) For ignoring Anna
4. What does Tom see in the loft of the barn that distresses him, making him feel like an old man?
(a) Rotted timbers that need to be replaced
(b) His gray haired wife, shooing the owls away
(c) His thirteen year old dog, dead in the hay
(d) Anna and Will in each other's arms, kissing
5. What is Ursula's impression of her father?
(a) He is full of magic and fascination to her.
(b) He is a stranger to her.
(c) He is indifferent and loveless to her.
(d) He is cruel and heartless to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. William comes home from the park a changed man. How does Anna react to this new side of her husband?
2. How old is Ursula when a third child is born to Anna and William?
3. Who tries to comfort William when the stress of four children becomes a heavy burden for him?
4. What is it about Anna that leaves William unsatisfied and unfulfilled?
5. When does Ursula feel the most secure, warm, and happy?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)