|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first woodworking gift Will gives to Anna?
(a) A jewelry box carved with birds
(b) A wooden bowl with carved ivy
(c) A butter stamp with a phoenix on it
(d) Candlesticks with carved flowers
2. What does Fred do after his father's death?
(a) He throws himself into restoring the farm.
(b) He becomes abusive toward his mother.
(c) He becomes depressed and indifferent toward the farm.
(d) He moves away from Marsh farm.
3. What does Tom see in the loft of the barn that distresses him, making him feel like an old man?
(a) His gray haired wife, shooing the owls away
(b) His thirteen year old dog, dead in the hay
(c) Anna and Will in each other's arms, kissing
(d) Rotted timbers that need to be replaced
4. What gift does Tom give Will and Anna for their wedding?
(a) He gives them a horse and carriage.
(b) He gives them his favorite stallion.
(c) He gives them a share in the farm.
(d) He gives them a cottage in Cossethay.
5. How do Anna's temperament and William's temperament complement one another?
(a) She is arrogant. He is humble.
(b) She is sunlight. He is darkness.
(c) She is the rain. He is the sunshine.
(d) She is the storm. He is the calm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lydia feel sorry for her first husband, Paul Lensky?
2. What is Tom's attitude toward his own life while his wife is miserable?
3. Whose imminent visit from Nottingham excites the 18-year-old Anna?
4. What does William ask the girl sitting next to him in the Empire ?
5. How does William become reborn, learning to be himself and alone?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)