|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fred do after his father's death?
(a) He becomes depressed and indifferent toward the farm.
(b) He becomes abusive toward his mother.
(c) He throws himself into restoring the farm.
(d) He moves away from Marsh farm.
2. How does Will react to Anna's preparations for a tea party?
(a) He can't wait to see other people.
(b) He is glad to be back in the world.
(c) He is angry, retreating into blackness.
(d) He is excited, helping with the cleaning.
3. What is the deep trouble that is between Anna and William?
(a) Anna complains about money.
(b) William dislikes Anna's father.
(c) William won't let Anna go to church.
(d) Anna mocks William's religious beliefs.
4. What is it about Anna that leaves William unsatisfied and unfulfilled?
(a) Her maturity
(b) Her ugly nature
(c) Her pregnancy
(d) Her flowery innocence
5. How does Lydia see herself when she is married to Paul Lensky?
(a) As an empowered woman
(b) As her own being
(c) As a free spirit
(d) As a slave to him
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Anna unable to tell William for four days, while they battle with each other?
2. How does Lydia act toward Tom when she becomes pregnant?
3. What are William's actions with the girl he takes to the park?
4. How old is Ursula when a third child is born to Anna and William?
5. What does Will Brangwen feel guilty about while he is on his honeymoon?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)