|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose imminent visit from Nottingham excites the 18-year-old Anna?
(a) Her friend, Tilly
(b) Her real father
(c) Her Uncle Alfred
(d) Her cousin Will
2. What is Lydia's advice for Ursula as they discuss Lydia's life with her husbands?
(a) Be responsible for everyone around you.
(b) Depend upon the people around you.
(c) Take all the blame for things that go wrong.
(d) Life goes on and don't take too much upon yourself.
3. What is Tom's reaction to Lydia after they are married and the guests leave?
(a) He is indifferent to his new wife.
(b) He is terrified at her strangeness and cannot meet her eyes.
(c) He is ecstatic with joy and cannot wait to hold her.
(d) He is rough and cruel to her.
4. How does Tom feel as he watches his wife in the pain of childbirth?
(a) His heart is tortured, yet he is at peace.
(b) He wishes they weren't having a baby.
(c) He just wants it to be over.
(d) He is indifferent to her moans of pain.
5. Why does Tom love to visit Anna and William?
(a) Because he likes to get away from home
(b) Because he misses Anna
(c) Because they are glowing and full of life
(d) Because it keeps him from work
Short Answer Questions
1. What is young Tom Brangwen feeling behind his healthy, good looks, and well dressed appearance?
2. Why is Lydia thankful to Tom for the life he gave her?
3. What does William ask the girl sitting next to him in the Empire ?
4. How does Lydia act toward Tom when she becomes pregnant?
5. What is the great peace that Ursula finds when she visits her grandmother in her bedroom on Marsh farm?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)