1. Where have generations of Brangwens lived?
(a) The Marsh Farm
(c) The Brangwen Ranch
2. What is the reason Tom Brangwen's wife believes the vicar's children are seen as superior to her own?
(a) Class and virtue
(b) Wealth and power
(c) Education and experience
(d) Heritage and money
3. What would happen to the women of Cossethay if the vicar, Lord William, and Mrs. Hardy were taken away from them?
(a) They would feel less intimidated.
(b) They would feel more successful with their lives.
(c) They would be heavy, uninspired, and hateful.
(d) They would feel more at ease in public.
4. Why does the town of Cossethay grow quickly, making the Brangwen's richer?
(a) There is a goldrush.
(b) The town offers public education
(c) More people are getting married and having children
(d) The Midland Railway comes down the valley.
5. How successful is Tom Brangwen at his school studies?
(a) He is at the top of his class in mathematics
(b) He is the best reader in the class.
(c) His brain is slow, hopeless, and good for nothing.
(d) He is above average in all his studies
This section contains 6,753 words
(approx. 23 pages at 300 words per page)