1. Where have generations of Brangwens lived?
(c) The Brangwen Ranch
(d) The Marsh Farm
2. What is the reason Tom Brangwen's wife believes the vicar's children are seen as superior to her own?
(a) Education and experience
(b) Class and virtue
(c) Wealth and power
(d) Heritage and money
3. What would happen to the women of Cossethay if the vicar, Lord William, and Mrs. Hardy were taken away from them?
(a) They would feel less intimidated.
(b) They would be heavy, uninspired, and hateful.
(c) They would feel more at ease in public.
(d) They would feel more successful with their lives.
4. Why does the town of Cossethay grow quickly, making the Brangwen's richer?
(a) The Midland Railway comes down the valley.
(b) The town offers public education
(c) There is a goldrush.
(d) More people are getting married and having children
5. How successful is Tom Brangwen at his school studies?
(a) He is the best reader in the class.
(b) He is at the top of his class in mathematics
(c) His brain is slow, hopeless, and good for nothing.
(d) He is above average in all his studies
This section contains 6,753 words
(approx. 23 pages at 300 words per page)