Essay Topic 1
1) Discuss how Ursula Brangwen grows as a character from the beginning of the novel to the end.
2) How do her attitudes change toward William, Uncle Tom, Winifred and Anna?
3) How does her attitude about her quest for freedom change throughout the novel?
4) What are the differences in her attitude toward the meaning of life from the beginning to the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
1) Evaluate the relationship between Anna and her mother, Lydia.
2) How does Tom Brangwen affect their relationship with one another?
3) What does her father, Tom Brangwen, wish for Anna's future?
4) How does Anna's attitude toward her mother and stepfather change in the course of the novel?
5) Give examples from the story of how Anna and Lydia interact with one another.
Essay Topic 3
1) Analyze Ursula's coming of age throughout the novel.
2) What fears and emotions does she experience as he grows from childhood...
This section contains 1,045 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)