* The Brangwens live a comfortable life on Marsh farm.
* They receive a large payment for a newly constructed canal cutting through their land.
* The Midland Railway brings more prosperity to the Brangwens.
* Tom Brangwen takes over the farm after the death of his father.
* Tom decides to marry the widow, Lydia Lensky.
* Lydia works for the vicar.
* Lydia has a young daughter named Anna.
* Lydia's first two children die of diphtheria in Poland.
* Lydia and her husband, Paul, move to England where he dies.
* Lydia meets Tom Brangwen who lifts her from her depression.
* Lydia and Tom get married.
* Anna, Lydia's daughter resents Tom's relationship with her mother.
* Lydia is depressed during her last few months of pregnancy.
* Anna becomes hysterical while Lydia is in labor.
* Tom carries Anna through the rain to the barn to feed the cows.
* Anna becomes quiet and still while in...
This section contains 1,666 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)