• The Brangwens live a comfortable life on Marsh farm.
• They receive a large payment for a newly constructed canal cutting through their land.
• The Midland Railway brings more prosperity to the Brangwens.
• Tom Brangwen takes over the farm after the death of his father.
• Tom decides to marry the widow, Lydia Lensky.
• Lydia works for the vicar.
• Lydia has a young daughter named Anna.
• Lydia's first two children die of diphtheria in Poland.
• Lydia and her husband, Paul, move to England where he dies.
• Lydia meets Tom Brangwen who lifts her from her depression.
• Lydia and Tom get married.
• Anna, Lydia's daughter resents Tom's relationship with her mother.
• Lydia is depressed during her last few months of pregnancy.
• Anna becomes hysterical while Lydia is in labor.
• Tom carries Anna through the rain to the barn to feed the cows.
• Anna becomes quiet and still while in...
This section contains 1,666 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)