Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Chapter 1 Abstract
* The Brangwens live a comfortable life on Marsh farm.
* They receive a large payment for a newly constructed canal cutting through their land.
* The Midland Railway brings more prosperity to the Brangwens.
* Tom Brangwen takes over the farm after the death of his father.
Chapter 2 Abstract
* Tom decides to marry the widow, Lydia Lensky...
This section contains 1,877 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)