|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can the Tricoder detect?
2. Who interrogates O'Neil?
3. How many scientists are believed to be with Horizon?
4. What is growing in the field where Hunnicut dies?
5. Where did Grady bury his weapons?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Chavez feel after taking a tour of the Olympic facility?
2. What does Clark tell Grady when he wakes up?
3. What does Brightling do when he learns the plan has been stopped?
4. What calms Popov's fears about kidnapping when he gets to Kansas?
5. What horrible crime did Foster commit?
6. How does Archer feel as she injects Mary with the lethal potassium?
7. Why does Clark not want Gearing tried in a public court?
8. What mistake does Popov think Brightling makes with their dealings with the IRA, and why is this seen as a mistake?
9. What crime is Grady wanted for?
10. How does the FBI find out more about Popov after the mission in Hereford?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the extremist beliefs discussed in this book, and how do their presence alter the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Despair is a theme that is placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 3
Nature is a very important symbol of this book as presented by Brightling's company. How does this central theme of nature change the tone of the book?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)