|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Clark not want Gearing to go to court?
2. What does Clark think happened to Brightling?
3. What do Brightling's followers call themselves?
4. What activity does Killgore invite Popov to do?
5. Why is Kent sent to Kansas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What calms Popov's fears about kidnapping when he gets to Kansas?
2. What does Hunnicut tell Popov about the project?
3. How does O'Neill survive the terrorist attack?
4. What does Kirk compare the project to while talking to Popov?
5. What crime is Grady wanted for?
6. What is the difference in the two vaccines made by Horizon?
7. Where is Popov at the end of the book?
8. What does Clark tell Brightling to do once he surrenders?
9. What does Popov say when he hears that buffalo will roam free around the facility?
10. What mistake does Popov think Brightling makes with their dealings with the IRA, and why is this seen as a mistake?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why? How does this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Despair is a theme that is placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this plot all have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivations throughout the book and how these goals affected the characters around them.
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)