|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What assures Popov he has not been kidnapped when he gets to Kansas?
2. What gift does Chavez give Clark after his boy is born?
3. What name does Popov take after running away from Kansas?
4. What is Bellow's real name?
5. Why is Kirk stunned when he is interviewed by some officers?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Chavez get O'Neill to talk?
2. What does Clark tell Brightling to do once he surrenders?
3. What does Popov say when he hears that buffalo will roam free around the facility?
4. How does Malloy stop the car of fleeing terrorists at the hospital?
5. Where is Popov at the end of the book?
6. What makes Popov think Brightling might be involved with chemical warfare?
7. Why does Clark not want Gearing tried in a public court?
8. Where does Brightling invite Popov after the mission in Hereford and why?
9. What does Clark tell Grady when he wakes up?
10. What horrible crime did Foster commit?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Nature is a very important symbol of this book as presented by Brightling's company. How does this central theme of nature change the tone of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Clark and Chavez are two very similar people, and yet they have some notable and important differences. Using the text to cite support, write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters.
Essay Topic 3
Killgore presents a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What is this philosophy, and how does this different idealism affect the people around her?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)