|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Killgore say makes Popov very lucky?
2. Who does Popov get real information about the project from?
3. How does Noonan cut communication between the IRA men?
4. Where does Popov run into Killgore the second day he is in Kansas?
5. What did Killgore say Popov was getting when he was vaccinated?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Popov do when he meets with Killgore in the cafeteria?
2. What is the difference in the two vaccines made by Horizon?
3. Why did the Brightlings divorce?
4. What happens to Popov in Killgore's office?
5. How does Malloy stop the car of fleeing terrorists at the hospital?
6. What crime is Grady wanted for?
7. What makes Popov think Brightling might be involved with chemical warfare?
8. What does Brightling do when he learns the plan has been stopped?
9. What mistake does Popov think Brightling makes with their dealings with the IRA, and why is this seen as a mistake?
10. What happens when Hunnicut's body is found?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Tom Clancy have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice is a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this plot all have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivations throughout the book and how these goals affected the characters around them.
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)