|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Clark arrange to meet Popov?
2. What must Brightling do when he learns the plot has been thwarted?
3. Where does Brightling invite Popov after the Hereford mission?
4. How does Popov get to Kansas?
5. What kind of animal does Killgore say will live on the land around the Kansas facility?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the FBI find out more about Popov after the mission in Hereford?
2. What crime is Grady wanted for?
3. What mistake does Popov think Brightling makes with their dealings with the IRA, and why is this seen as a mistake?
4. Where does Brightling invite Popov after the mission in Hereford and why?
5. What does Clark think happened to Brightling at the end of the book?
6. How does Chavez get O'Neill to talk?
7. How does Malloy stop the car of fleeing terrorists at the hospital?
8. What does Popov demand in exchange for his information on the project?
9. How does O'Neill survive the terrorist attack?
10. What does Hunnicut tell Popov about the project?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Honor is something that many of the main characters were striving for in this book. Who is most affected by this pursuit, and how does it change the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Power and greed are two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)