|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Foley's occupation?
2. How is the interview between Clark and Popov recorded?
3. What threat makes O'Neil talk in his interrogation?
4. What does Chavez name his baby?
5. What kind of transportation station is near the Kansas facility?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Chavez feel after taking a tour of the Olympic facility?
2. How does Rainbow take out the Horizon men hiding in the jungle?
3. What does Clark tell Grady when he wakes up?
4. What does Popov say when he hears that buffalo will roam free around the facility?
5. Why did the Brightlings divorce?
6. What does Popov demand in exchange for his information on the project?
7. Where is Popov at the end of the book?
8. What crime is Grady wanted for?
9. What does Hunnicut tell Popov about the project?
10. What does Brightling do when he learns the plan has been stopped?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Nature is a very important symbol of this book as presented by Brightling's company. How does this central theme of nature change the tone of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Clark and Chavez are two very similar people, and yet they have some notable and important differences. Using the text to cite support, write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters.
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how do those moments affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)