|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Australian agency does Wilkerson belong to?
2. What does Clark call Popov at the end of the book?
3. What could trace the IRA back to Brightling?
4. What is Foley's occupation?
5. How many scientists are believed to be with Horizon?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rainbow take out the Horizon men hiding in the jungle?
2. Where is Popov at the end of the book?
3. How does O'Neill survive the terrorist attack?
4. Where does Brightling invite Popov after the mission in Hereford and why?
5. How does the FBI find out more about Popov after the mission in Hereford?
6. What horrible crime did Foster commit?
7. What does Clark tell Grady when he wakes up?
8. What makes Popov think Brightling might be involved with chemical warfare?
9. What calms Popov's fears about kidnapping when he gets to Kansas?
10. What happens to Popov in Killgore's office?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this plot all have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivations throughout the book and how these goals affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Tom Clancy have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
Power and greed are two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)