|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does O'Neil get into the hospital?
2. Where does Clark arrange to meet Popov?
3. Who does Popov get real information about the project from?
4. What is the Shiva virus similar to?
5. What assures Popov he has not been kidnapped when he gets to Kansas?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Clark not want Gearing tried in a public court?
2. What does Hunnicut tell Popov about the project?
3. Where is Popov at the end of the book?
4. What does Clark think happened to Brightling at the end of the book?
5. How does Chavez feel after taking a tour of the Olympic facility?
6. What calms Popov's fears about kidnapping when he gets to Kansas?
7. What does Popov say when he hears that buffalo will roam free around the facility?
8. What mistake does Popov think Brightling makes with their dealings with the IRA, and why is this seen as a mistake?
9. How does O'Neill survive the terrorist attack?
10. What makes O'Neill upset enough to give up information about Popov?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair is a theme that is placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why? How does this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)