|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Noonan cut communication between the IRA men?
2. Who does Clark call when he learns the terrorists plan to use the cooling system?
3. What does Killgore say is destroying the Earth?
4. How does Popov learn Grady survived the shoot-out?
5. Why is Mary not allowed to have a mirror?
Essay Topic 1
Power and greed are two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 2
Killgore presents a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What is this philosophy, and how does this different idealism affect the people around her?
Essay Topic 3
Despair is a theme that is placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this book?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)