|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What threat makes O'Neil talk in his interrogation?
2. What is growing in the field where Hunnicut dies?
3. How is Foster killed?
4. What name does Popov take after running away from Kansas?
5. How does O'Neil get into the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Clark tell Brightling to do once he surrenders?
2. How does O'Neill survive the terrorist attack?
3. Where does Brightling invite Popov after the mission in Hereford and why?
4. What does Brightling do when he learns the plan has been stopped?
5. How does Chavez feel after taking a tour of the Olympic facility?
6. Where is Popov at the end of the book?
7. What mistake does Popov think Brightling makes with their dealings with the IRA, and why is this seen as a mistake?
8. How does Archer feel as she injects Mary with the lethal potassium?
9. What does Clark think happened to Brightling at the end of the book?
10. How does Malloy stop the car of fleeing terrorists at the hospital?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Clark and Chavez are two very similar people, and yet they have some notable and important differences. Using the text to cite support, write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters.
Essay Topic 2
Science is a very important tool used by both the good and bad characters in this book. Please cite some of these examples from the book in an essay explaining the pros and cons of the tool of science.
Essay Topic 3
Diversity is a major theme in this play as many different life-styles and ranks in society are involved. How is this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)