|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Popov learn Grady survived the shoot-out?
2. What does Noonan give a lecture on?
3. Who does Clark get permission from to talk to Sergey?
4. What kind of animal does Killgore say will live on the land around the Kansas facility?
5. Who promises to provide Popov with an alibi for the murder of Hunnicut?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Popov at the end of the book?
2. What is the difference in the two vaccines made by Horizon?
3. What calms Popov's fears about kidnapping when he gets to Kansas?
4. What does Clark tell Brightling to do once he surrenders?
5. How does Archer feel as she injects Mary with the lethal potassium?
6. What does Popov demand in exchange for his information on the project?
7. What crime is Grady wanted for?
8. What happens to Popov in Killgore's office?
9. What information does Popov give that tells the FBI he is telling the truth?
10. What does Popov do when he meets with Killgore in the cafeteria?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice is a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Diversity is a major theme in this play as many different life-styles and ranks in society are involved. How is this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how do those moments affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)