|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes with Killgore and Popov on their activity?
2. What threat makes O'Neil talk in his interrogation?
3. Where does Popov run into Killgore the second day he is in Kansas?
4. Why did Carol take her job in the White House?
5. How does Mary look as she dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Popov at the end of the book?
2. How does O'Neill survive the terrorist attack?
3. How does Archer feel as she injects Mary with the lethal potassium?
4. What is the difference in the two vaccines made by Horizon?
5. What mistake does Popov think Brightling makes with their dealings with the IRA, and why is this seen as a mistake?
6. What does Kirk compare the project to while talking to Popov?
7. What does Clark tell Grady when he wakes up?
8. What makes O'Neill upset enough to give up information about Popov?
9. What calms Popov's fears about kidnapping when he gets to Kansas?
10. What does Popov say when he hears that buffalo will roam free around the facility?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how do those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Honor is something that many of the main characters were striving for in this book. Who is most affected by this pursuit, and how does it change the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the extremist beliefs discussed in this book, and how do their presence alter the plot?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)