|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Subject 4?
2. What causes Clark's concern about terrorism?
3. What did Carol say is always the biggest obstacle for true believers?
4. Who tells Carol Brightling the name of Rainbow?
5. Where is Popov when he hears people in London talking about Rainbow?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Brightling's secondary group of researchers supposed to do?
2. What is the big job given to the Basque terrorists?
3. How does Connelly act after securing Ostermann's house?
4. Why is Skip worried about his daughter, and what does he do for her?
5. What does Brightling tell Popov and Henricksen about Rainbow?
6. What happens when Mary is given an inhibition reducer?
7. Why did Foster retire when he did?
8. What does Popov ask of his employer after the Austrian incident, and how does he respond?
9. What confuses Popov about his work with the American employer?
10. What does Popov notice when he reviews the tapes of the two situations he helped instigate?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Killgore presents a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What is this philosophy, and how does this different idealism affect the people around her?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this plot all have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivations throughout the book and how these goals affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Power and greed are two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)