Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brightling suggests doing when he hears Rainbow could be a threat to his program?
2. What does Grady want in addition to the money offered by Popov?
3. Where is Andre hired to work at?
4. What is Domingo's nickname?
5. What is Ostermann's home compared to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brightling tell Popov and Henricksen about Rainbow?
2. What do the captured homeless men find when they first wake up?
3. What does Popov tell the plumber in the pub?
4. What does Hunnicut tell Popov about the project?
5. How does Andre die?
6. How does Chavez get O'Neill to talk?
7. What does Clark worry about after the second successful mission?
8. What does Popov ask of his employer after the Austrian incident, and how does he respond?
9. Why does Clark not want Gearing tried in a public court?
10. What does Popov demand in exchange for his information on the project?
Essay Topic 1
Clark endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Nature is a very important symbol of this book as presented by Brightling's company. How does this central theme of nature change the tone of the book?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)