|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brightling suggests doing when he hears Rainbow could be a threat to his program?
2. What does Grady want in addition to the money offered by Popov?
3. Where is Andre hired to work at?
4. What is Domingo's nickname?
5. What is Ostermann's home compared to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brightling tell Popov and Henricksen about Rainbow?
2. What do the captured homeless men find when they first wake up?
3. What does Popov tell the plumber in the pub?
4. What does Hunnicut tell Popov about the project?
5. How does Andre die?
6. How does Chavez get O'Neill to talk?
7. What does Clark worry about after the second successful mission?
8. What does Popov ask of his employer after the Austrian incident, and how does he respond?
9. Why does Clark not want Gearing tried in a public court?
10. What does Popov demand in exchange for his information on the project?
Essay Topic 1
Despair is a theme that is placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this plot all have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivations throughout the book and how these goals affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Clark endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
This section contains 1,131 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)