|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Popov when he hears people in London talking about Rainbow?
2. What is Tim's specialty?
3. What does John Brightling want to be known as?
4. What agency will Rainbow be headquartered with?
5. What is the name of Subject 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Popov plan to meet the IRA terrorists, and what does he have to offer them?
2. What does Brightling say when Popov talks about wanting to visit Yellowstone?
3. Why does Carol avoid her ex-husband at a banquet?
4. How does Connelly act after securing Ostermann's house?
5. What does Popov tell the plumber in the pub?
6. What does Killgore say he is trying to do with his experiments?
7. What does Clark worry about after the second successful mission?
8. Why does Rainbow pose such a big threat to John Brightling?
9. What is the agreement between Switzerland and Rainbow?
10. What is Brightling's secondary group of researchers supposed to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many different characters in this book are persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how does persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Diversity is a major theme in this play as many different life-styles and ranks in society are involved. How is this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)