|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal is Ramirez compared to?
2. Who taps the secure Russian line?
3. Who did Popov used to work for?
4. How much money is Brightling offering a group to take out Rainbow?
5. Who does Brightling plan to use to bring down Rainbow?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Killgore say he is trying to do with his experiments?
2. Where does Popov plan to meet the IRA terrorists, and what does he have to offer them?
3. Why is Skip worried about his daughter, and what does he do for her?
4. Why does Carol avoid her ex-husband at a banquet?
5. How does Connelly act after securing Ostermann's house?
6. Why does Rainbow pose such a big threat to John Brightling?
7. What is the agreement between Switzerland and Rainbow?
8. How does Popov find out that Clark's daughter worked at the Hereford hospital?
9. What does Brightling tell Popov and Henricksen about Rainbow?
10. What does Popov tell the plumber in the pub?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how do those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)