|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Carol say is always the biggest obstacle for true believers?
2. What is Kevin Mayflower the president of?
3. What is Ostermann's home compared to?
4. Who tells Carol Brightling the name of Rainbow?
5. What is Carol Brightling's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Popov say about the IRA terrorists?
2. What does Brightling say when Popov talks about wanting to visit Yellowstone?
3. What does Grady want in addition to the money from Popov and why?
4. What confuses Popov about his work with the American employer?
5. What does Popov ask of his employer after the Austrian incident, and how does he respond?
6. What do the captured homeless men find when they first wake up?
7. What is the big job given to the Basque terrorists?
8. What does Popov tell the plumber in the pub?
9. Why is Skip worried about his daughter, and what does he do for her?
10. Why does Rainbow pose such a big threat to John Brightling?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
Clark endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Nature is a very important symbol of this book as presented by Brightling's company. How does this central theme of nature change the tone of the book?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)