|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is NOT a regular motivation for the KGB?
2. Where does Popov go to learn more about his employer?
3. What is Chavez sure could not have been avoided at the hostage situation?
4. Why does Clark want to take a terrorist captive alive?
5. Who does the Australian government want to consult about security?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Andre do when Rainbow has the lights in the park shut off?
2. What does Popov say about the IRA terrorists?
3. What does Brightling tell Popov and Henricksen about Rainbow?
4. What does Grady want in addition to the money from Popov and why?
5. How does Popov's employer react to the failed terrorist attempt?
6. Why does Carol avoid her ex-husband at a banquet?
7. Why did Foster retire when he did?
8. In the hostage situation, how are the terrorists taken out?
9. What do the captured homeless men find when they first wake up?
10. How does Grady plan to mark his success in the job he was given by Popov?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Honor is something that many of the main characters were striving for in this book. Who is most affected by this pursuit, and how does it change the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)