|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Popov know the people Brightling wants to hire will accept the deal to take down Rainbow?
2. What kind of animals is Steve told to kill with the virus?
3. What is Chavez sure could not have been avoided at the hostage situation?
4. Why did a building in Kansas need strict environmental controls?
5. What is Bill Henrickson an expert in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Mary is given an inhibition reducer?
2. How does Popov find out that Clark's daughter worked at the Hereford hospital?
3. Why does Carol avoid her ex-husband at a banquet?
4. What does Popov tell the plumber in the pub?
5. Who is Ivan Kirilenko, and how does Popov know him?
6. What does Clark worry about after the second successful mission?
7. What does Andre do when Rainbow has the lights in the park shut off?
8. What does Popov ask of his employer after the Austrian incident, and how does he respond?
9. How does Andre die?
10. What does Popov say about the IRA terrorists?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Honor is something that many of the main characters were striving for in this book. Who is most affected by this pursuit, and how does it change the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Despair is a theme that is placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this book?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)