|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did a building in Kansas need strict environmental controls?
2. What kind of animals is Steve told to kill with the virus?
3. Noonan orders a device that does what to cellphones?
4. Where does Johnston shoot Andre?
5. How can the Shiva Virus be contracted?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brightling tell Popov and Henricksen about Rainbow?
2. What confuses Popov about his work with the American employer?
3. Where does Popov plan to meet the IRA terrorists, and what does he have to offer them?
4. How does Andre die?
5. What does Andre do when Rainbow has the lights in the park shut off?
6. What does Killgore say he is trying to do with his experiments?
7. Why is Skip worried about his daughter, and what does he do for her?
8. What is Brightling's secondary group of researchers supposed to do?
9. Why is the plane re-routed at the beginning of the book?
10. What does Grady want in addition to the money from Popov and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Killgore presents a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What is this philosophy, and how does this different idealism affect the people around her?
Essay Topic 2
Which characters in this book are seeking revenge, and how do their means to this revenge alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Many different characters in this book are persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how does persuasion affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)