|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What agency does Gus Werner work for?
2. What is Bill Henrickson an expert in?
3. What do the terrorists at the theme park ask the police to do?
4. What is Henricksen's first name?
5. Where does Popov set up a meeting with the people Brightling wants to take out Rainbow?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Popov say about the IRA terrorists?
2. What does Brightling tell Popov and Henricksen about Rainbow?
3. In the hostage situation, how are the terrorists taken out?
4. What does Andre do when Rainbow has the lights in the park shut off?
5. What does Popov tell the plumber in the pub?
6. Where does Popov plan to meet the IRA terrorists, and what does he have to offer them?
7. What do the captured homeless men find when they first wake up?
8. Why does Carol avoid her ex-husband at a banquet?
9. What does Popov notice when he reviews the tapes of the two situations he helped instigate?
10. How does Popov's employer react to the failed terrorist attempt?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Honor is something that many of the main characters were striving for in this book. Who is most affected by this pursuit, and how does it change the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Clark endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Power and greed are two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)