|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Grady say he will need to do the job Popov has requested?
2. Who did Ivan used to work for?
3. Who did Popov used to work for?
4. What ride does the long rifleman hide on in the amusement park?
5. Where does Popov dream of retiring to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Popov notice when he reviews the tapes of the two situations he helped instigate?
2. How does Popov find out that Clark's daughter worked at the Hereford hospital?
3. What does Killgore say he is trying to do with his experiments?
4. Why is Skip worried about his daughter, and what does he do for her?
5. What does Grady want in addition to the money from Popov and why?
6. Why does Carol avoid her ex-husband at a banquet?
7. Why is the plane re-routed at the beginning of the book?
8. What is the big job given to the Basque terrorists?
9. What is the agreement between Switzerland and Rainbow?
10. What does Popov say about the IRA terrorists?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Clark endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Tom Clancy have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the extremist beliefs discussed in this book, and how do their presence alter the plot?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)