|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henricksen's first name?
2. What company did Foster work for before his retirement?
3. What is Kevin Mayflower the president of?
4. What weapon does Weber like to use?
5. Who does Mary contact when she realizes how sick she is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Popov notice when he reviews the tapes of the two situations he helped instigate?
2. Why does Carol avoid her ex-husband at a banquet?
3. What does Popov ask of his employer after the Austrian incident, and how does he respond?
4. What does Popov say about the IRA terrorists?
5. How does Connelly act after securing Ostermann's house?
6. How does Popov find out that Clark's daughter worked at the Hereford hospital?
7. Why is the plane re-routed at the beginning of the book?
8. Who is Ivan Kirilenko, and how does Popov know him?
9. Why did Foster retire when he did?
10. What happens when Mary is given an inhibition reducer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many different characters in this book are persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how does persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice is a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why? How does this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)