|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the fog system in Australia meant to do?
2. Where is the first hostage situation Rainbow is called in to help with?
3. What weapon does Weber like to use?
4. What weapon does Chavez need practice with?
5. What agency does Gus Werner work for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Popov tell the plumber in the pub?
2. In the hostage situation, how are the terrorists taken out?
3. Why is the plane re-routed at the beginning of the book?
4. Why does Rainbow pose such a big threat to John Brightling?
5. What is the big job given to the Basque terrorists?
6. What does Popov ask of his employer after the Austrian incident, and how does he respond?
7. What does Brightling say when Popov talks about wanting to visit Yellowstone?
8. How does Andre die?
9. What does Grady want in addition to the money from Popov and why?
10. What happens when Mary is given an inhibition reducer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Clark and Chavez are two very similar people, and yet they have some notable and important differences. Using the text to cite support, write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters.
Essay Topic 2
Many different characters in this book are persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how does persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Nature is a very important symbol of this book as presented by Brightling's company. How does this central theme of nature change the tone of the book?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)