|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John Brightling want to be known as?
2. What animal is Ramirez compared to?
3. What did Popov like about capitalism?
4. What is Carol Brightling's occupation?
5. What ride does the long rifleman hide on in the amusement park?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brightling tell Popov and Henricksen about Rainbow?
2. What does Grady want in addition to the money from Popov and why?
3. What is the agreement between Switzerland and Rainbow?
4. What does Popov ask of his employer after the Austrian incident, and how does he respond?
5. Why is the fog system at the Olympics so important?
6. What happens when Mary is given an inhibition reducer?
7. How does Grady plan to mark his success in the job he was given by Popov?
8. What does Andre do when Rainbow has the lights in the park shut off?
9. What does Killgore say he is trying to do with his experiments?
10. What is the big job given to the Basque terrorists?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice is a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Honor is something that many of the main characters were striving for in this book. Who is most affected by this pursuit, and how does it change the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)