|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Ivan used to work for?
2. What agency will Rainbow be headquartered with?
3. What is Bill Henrickson an expert in?
4. What is Ed Miles's occupation?
5. What does Mallory want to add to the practice routines?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Popov plan to meet the IRA terrorists, and what does he have to offer them?
2. What confuses Popov about his work with the American employer?
3. Why is Skip worried about his daughter, and what does he do for her?
4. What does Killgore say he is trying to do with his experiments?
5. How does Connelly act after securing Ostermann's house?
6. What is Brightling's secondary group of researchers supposed to do?
7. What is the agreement between Switzerland and Rainbow?
8. How does Popov find out that Clark's daughter worked at the Hereford hospital?
9. What does Popov say about the IRA terrorists?
10. What does Clark worry about after the second successful mission?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how do those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Science is a very important tool used by both the good and bad characters in this book. Please cite some of these examples from the book in an essay explaining the pros and cons of the tool of science.
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)