|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many dancing theme park characters escort the Thompson company into the park?
2. What is Kevin Mayflower the president of?
3. What does Mallory do for Rainbow?
4. What is the occupation of Clark's wife?
5. Besides the one in Kansas, where is the second vaccine warehouse located?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Connelly act after securing Ostermann's house?
2. What confuses Popov about his work with the American employer?
3. In the hostage situation, how are the terrorists taken out?
4. What does Grady want in addition to the money from Popov and why?
5. What does Clark worry about after the second successful mission?
6. What does Andre do when Rainbow has the lights in the park shut off?
7. Why does Rainbow pose such a big threat to John Brightling?
8. Why did Foster retire when he did?
9. What does Popov notice when he reviews the tapes of the two situations he helped instigate?
10. What is the agreement between Switzerland and Rainbow?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Tom Clancy have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Clark and Chavez are two very similar people, and yet they have some notable and important differences. Using the text to cite support, write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters.
Essay Topic 3
Clark endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)