|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of team is Rainbow?
2. What reveals to Popov that there is a special unit taking out the terrorists he hires?
3. What agency will Rainbow be headquartered with?
4. What does Mallory want to add to the practice routines?
5. What is Chavez sure could not have been avoided at the hostage situation?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Popov's employer react to the failed terrorist attempt?
2. How does Andre die?
3. What is the big job given to the Basque terrorists?
4. What do the captured homeless men find when they first wake up?
5. Why does Carol avoid her ex-husband at a banquet?
6. What does Popov notice when he reviews the tapes of the two situations he helped instigate?
7. Why does Rainbow pose such a big threat to John Brightling?
8. Where does Popov plan to meet the IRA terrorists, and what does he have to offer them?
9. What happens when Mary is given an inhibition reducer?
10. What does Killgore say he is trying to do with his experiments?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Science is a very important tool used by both the good and bad characters in this book. Please cite some of these examples from the book in an essay explaining the pros and cons of the tool of science.
Essay Topic 2
Honor is something that many of the main characters were striving for in this book. Who is most affected by this pursuit, and how does it change the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the extremist beliefs discussed in this book, and how do their presence alter the plot?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)