|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In front of what building does Rabbit park his car after returning to Mt. Judge?
2. Where had Janice initially thought Rabbit was when he did not return?
3. On what holiday do Ruth and Harry go swimming in this section?
4. What does Ruth bring to Harry when she returns from the bathroom at the end of this section?
5. What are Tothero's shelves made of?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Harry ruin his daughter's funeral?
2. Why does Rabbit leave his car at Janice's apartment?
3. How does Rebecca Angstrom die?
4. Why does Jack Eccles despair after his visits to the Springers, Angstroms, and Kruppenbach?
5. Why does Ruth insist that Rabbit has it made in life?
6. What does Joyce Eccles call Harry, and why?
7. Why is Harry annoyed by his conversation with the farmer at the service station?
8. Why does Harry resent Ruth's going to the bathroom after sex?
9. How does Harry interact with Mrs. Springer after coming home?
10. What excuse does Janice make to her father regarding Harry?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about the theme of forgiveness in the novel. Harry Angstrom is constantly relying upon the willingness of people around him to forgive him his transgressions. Who refuses this forgiveness? Who is willing to give him more leeway, and how does he repay this good faith? Do people who forgive him in the novel seem naive? To what extent does the world consider Harry an exception?
Essay Topic 2
Harry Angstrom is referred to often by his old nickname, Rabbit. The names Harry and Rabbit become virtually interchangeable. Write an essay on the symbolic significance of this nickname. How did Harry get it, and why is he alright with it sticking as it does? What does the nickname mean in terms of his worldview? His reliability? His idea of self?
Essay Topic 3
Harry Angstrom hold three jobs over the course of Rabbit, Run. Write an essay in three parts, examining these different jobs and what they say about his attitude toward work in general. Does he believe he can do better than these jobs? Which does he like best? What bothers him about he jobs he dislikes?
Part 1) Magipeel Demonstrator
Part 2) Mrs Smith's gardener
Part 3) Car salesman
This section contains 2,535 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)