|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Springer lend Harry for the funeral?
(a) A tie
(b) A suit
(d) A shirt
2. How many hours was Janice in labor with Nelson?
3. Whom does Harry try to call at the cafeteria atop Mt. Judge?
(b) Ruth Leonard
(c) His parents
(d) Jack Eccles
4. What reason does Harry give Ruth for leaving her to see Janice?
(a) Janice is his wife
(b) Janice is the mother of his children
(c) Janice was in the hospital
(d) Janice cannot take care of herself
5. What event has taken Jack Eccles out of town when Mrs. Springer calls?
(a) A death in the family
(b) A baptism
(c) A golf tournament
(d) A softball game
6. According to to Tothero in this section, youth is what two things?
(a) Hopeful and fearless
(b) Stupid and reckless
(c) Deaf and careless
(d) Beautiful and doomed
7. What does Ruth try to do after Harry leaves at the end of this section?
(c) Go to sleep
(d) Throw up
8. With what adjective does Janice characterize Harry's advances on her?
9. What part of Lucy Eccles' appearance does Rabbit mention when Janice asks him to describe her?
(a) Her hair color
(b) Her freckles
(c) Her style of dress
(d) Her skin tone
10. What is the name of the nun at the front desk of the ER?
11. What does Harry tell Nelson to think of as he goes to sleep?
(a) Throwing stones
(b) Playing basketball
(c) Mighty Mouse
(d) Baby Becky
12. What name does Harry want to give his daughter?
13. How does Janice repeatedly describe the look her newborn gave her?
14. Where does Janice leave Rebecca while she cleans up the kitchen?
(a) An armchair
(b) The floor
(c) The bath
(d) Her crib
15. What news does Mr. Springer bring to Harry after the latter puts Nelson to bed?
(a) The car lot will be closing for business
(b) Janice has fainted at church
(c) He has found someone to take over their lease
(d) Janice will not be charged with manslaughter
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a task that distracts Janice while the bath water is running?
2. What does Lucy Eccles do to Harry immediately before he leaves her house?
3. Where did Rabbit once buy a black necklace for Janice?
4. Which of the following is not a nickname that Eccles gives to one of his parishioners?
5. Why does Janice ask Harry for a quarter?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)