|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event has taken Jack Eccles out of town when Mrs. Springer calls?
(a) A golf tournament
(b) A softball game
(c) A death in the family
(d) A baptism
2. Why does Mrs. Angstrom suggest that Janice's father will not call the police?
(a) He essentially likes Rabbit
(b) He wants to keep the affair out of the papers
(c) The town Sheriff hates him
(d) He has several outstanding tickets
3. What does Mr. Angstrom mistakenly call Eccles several times during his visit?
4. What news does Mr. Springer bring to Harry after the latter puts Nelson to bed?
(a) Janice will not be charged with manslaughter
(b) Janice has fainted at church
(c) The car lot will be closing for business
(d) He has found someone to take over their lease
5. With what adjective does Janice characterize Harry's advances on her?
6. Who does Janice feel is in the room with her while she administers CPR to Rebecca?
(a) Her mother
7. According to to Tothero in this section, youth is what two things?
(a) Hopeful and fearless
(b) Stupid and reckless
(c) Beautiful and doomed
(d) Deaf and careless
8. What does Ruth try to do after Harry leaves at the end of this section?
(a) Throw up
(d) Go to sleep
9. At whom does Harry lash out during the funeral?
(a) His mother
(c) Mrs. Springer
10. At whose house does Rabbit sleep at the end of this section?
(a) Mrs. Springer's
(d) His parents'
11. Where is the nearest place in Pennsylvania a woman can get an abortion?
12. With whom is Harry staying at the end of the novel?
(b) Jack Eccles
(d) No one
13. What does Reverend Eccles desperately crave as he visits the Springers and Angstroms?
(a) A cigarette
(b) A cup of coffee
(c) A glass of water
(d) A beer
14. Where does Harrison brag to Rabbit that he once took Ruth for a weekend?
(a) The Poconos
(b) Miami Beach
(c) Atlantic City
15. What does Janice decide will help her fall asleep?
(b) A valium
(c) A glass of wine
(d) Some sort music
Short Answer Questions
1. To what animal does Mrs. Springer compare Harry when she arrives at the waiting room?
2. What sound does Janice listen for as she feeds Rebecca at the beginning of this section?
3. What is the basis for the new religion that Harry creates in his dream?
4. What does Mr. Springer lend Harry for the funeral?
5. Janice tells Rabbit she has lost what body part?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)