|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom is Harry staying at the end of the novel?
(a) Jack Eccles
(b) No one
2. Why does Janice agree to roll over for Harry in bed?
(a) She does not want to look at him
(b) She is turned on by him
(c) She thinks he is finished with her
(d) She wants him to orgasm quickly
3. With what adjective does Janice characterize Harry's advances on her?
4. What does Harry tell Nelson to think of as he goes to sleep?
(a) Playing basketball
(b) Baby Becky
(c) Mighty Mouse
(d) Throwing stones
5. What does Rabbit imagine when Dr. Crowe says Janice is being prepared?
(a) A great actress
(b) A May queen
(c) A student before a test
(d) A pot roast
6. Who does Harry agree should see Janice before he does?
(a) Mrs. Springer
(d) Mr, Springer
7. What does Mr. Springer lend Harry for the funeral?
(a) A shirt
(b) A suit
(d) A tie
8. According to to Tothero in this section, youth is what two things?
(a) Stupid and reckless
(b) Hopeful and fearless
(c) Deaf and careless
(d) Beautiful and doomed
9. What does Mrs. Springer's dog do to Nelson?
(a) Snarls at him
(b) Licks him
(c) Urinates on him
(d) Bites him
10. Which of the following does Janice break while making Nelson breakfast?
(a) A juice glass
(b) A tumbler
(c) A vase
(d) A place
11. When Mrs. Springer calls, Janice tells her that Harry is where?
(b) At home
12. Where does Harrison brag to Rabbit that he once took Ruth for a weekend?
(a) The Poconos
(c) Atlantic City
(d) Miami Beach
13. Which of the following outrages is not one that Rabbit lists as his conglomeration of sin?
14. Why does Janice ask Harry for a quarter?
(a) It activates the televison
(b) It makes the bed vibrate
(c) She wants him to get her a soda
(d) She her car is parked at an expired meter
15. Whom does Harry try to call at the cafeteria atop Mt. Judge?
(a) His parents
(c) Ruth Leonard
(d) Jack Eccles
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Janice have trouble feeding Rebecca?
2. What is the basis for the new religion that Harry creates in his dream?
3. Who sits in front of Rabbit at Jack Eccles' church service?
4. How far from due is Janice when Eccles visits the Springers?
5. What does Reverend Eccles desperately crave as he visits the Springers and Angstroms?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)