|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the club where Ruth and Harry go in this section?
(a) Cher Noir
(b) The Running Horse
(c) Club Castanet
(d) Moonlight Lounge
2. Who sits in front of Rabbit at Jack Eccles' church service?
(b) Lucy Eccles
(c) Mr. Springer
(d) Mrs. Smith
3. Which of the following does Janice break while making Nelson breakfast?
(a) A vase
(b) A tumbler
(c) A juice glass
(d) A place
4. What does Ruth try to do after Harry leaves at the end of this section?
(b) Throw up
(c) Go to sleep
5. Where does Janice leave Rebecca while she cleans up the kitchen?
(a) An armchair
(b) Her crib
(c) The bath
(d) The floor
6. Who has just called Ruth when Harry arrives?
(c) Jack Eccles
7. Why does Janice have trouble feeding Rebecca?
(a) Rebecca is not hungry
(b) Her breasts are incredibly sore
(c) Janice has very little milk left
(d) Her nipple keeps coming out of her mouth
8. The article that Eccles reads in the waiting room is by a man who plays what sport?
9. Where is Harry when he calls Jack Eccles in this section?
(a) Ruth's apartment
(b) The Sunshine Athletic Association
(c) A hospital
(d) A drugstore
10. What does Janice refuse to do since coming home from the hospital?
(a) Make love
(c) Play with Nelson
(d) Talk to Rabbit
11. What drink does Janice want while drugged?
(b) An old-fashioned
12. Why does Mrs. Angstrom suggest that Janice's father will not call the police?
(a) He has several outstanding tickets
(b) The town Sheriff hates him
(c) He essentially likes Rabbit
(d) He wants to keep the affair out of the papers
13. How far from due is Janice when Eccles visits the Springers?
(a) 2 months
(b) 1 month
(c) 1 week
(d) 3 weeks
14. What noise wakes Nelson in this section?
(a) A breaking glass
(b) The television
(c) Janice's snoring
(d) A slamming door
15. What sound does Janice listen for as she feeds Rebecca at the beginning of this section?
(a) Harry's car in the parking lot
(b) Harry's voice behind her
(c) Harry's key in the door
(d) Harry footsteps on the stairs
Short Answer Questions
1. What ethnicity does Janice feel she resembles with her tanned skin?
2. Where is the nearest place in Pennsylvania a woman can get an abortion?
3. How does Harry make his way to the hospital to see his wife?
4. How many month's have passed since Janice last paid rent on the apartment?
5. What does Rabbit repeatedly try to force upon Janice after church?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)