|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event has taken Jack Eccles out of town when Mrs. Springer calls?
(a) A death in the family
(b) A softball game
(c) A golf tournament
(d) A baptism
2. What is Harry doing when he finally cries?
(b) Pushing Nelson on the swings
(c) Draining the bath tub
(d) Helping Janice dress
3. Which part of her body does Janice always believe is her best asset?
(a) Her legs
(b) Her breasts
(c) Her hair
(d) Her lips
4. What does Ruth try to do after Harry leaves at the end of this section?
(a) Throw up
(c) Go to sleep
5. What part of Lucy Eccles' appearance does Rabbit mention when Janice asks him to describe her?
(a) Her style of dress
(b) Her skin tone
(c) Her hair color
(d) Her freckles
6. Who first opens the door at the Springer house when Harry arrives?
(a) Jack Eccles
(b) Mr. Springer
(c) Mrs. Springer
7. What is the admitting nun looking for when she approaches Harry and Eccles after they have waited an hour?
(a) Furniture polish
(b) A Reader's Digest
(c) Her black necklace
(d) The father-to-be
8. Which of the following outrages is not one that Rabbit lists as his conglomeration of sin?
9. What does Rabbit imagine when Dr. Crowe says Janice is being prepared?
(a) A pot roast
(b) A May queen
(c) A student before a test
(d) A great actress
10. What psychological term does Lucy Eccles explain to Joyce after church?
11. With which woman has Rabbit had sex during the course of the novel?
(d) Lucy Eccles
12. What is the name of the club where Ruth and Harry go in this section?
(a) The Running Horse
(b) Moonlight Lounge
(c) Club Castanet
(d) Cher Noir
13. Why does Janice fear she will stab Rebecca if she tries to change her diaper?
(a) She is drunk
(b) She is beginning to resent the child
(c) She was never good with pins
(d) She has not slept all night
14. Why is Marty Tothero in the hospital?
(a) He was in a car accident
(b) He is having his appendix removed
(c) He had a stroke
(d) He has a heart attack
15. What does Mrs. Springer's dog do to Nelson?
(a) Licks him
(b) Snarls at him
(c) Urinates on him
(d) Bites him
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the nearest place in Pennsylvania a woman can get an abortion?
2. Where did Rabbit once buy a black necklace for Janice?
3. What does Harry insist Ruth do to make up for her time with Harrison?
4. With whom is Harry staying at the end of the novel?
5. To what animal does Mrs. Springer compare Harry when she arrives at the waiting room?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)