|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the nearest place in Pennsylvania a woman can get an abortion?
2. Which of the following is not a nickname that Eccles gives to one of his parishioners?
(a) Teary Tom
(b) Silly Man
(c) Droopsy Lady
(d) Happy Beans
3. What part of Lucy Eccles' appearance does Rabbit mention when Janice asks him to describe her?
(a) Her freckles
(b) Her style of dress
(c) Her hair color
(d) Her skin tone
4. Who sits in front of Rabbit at Jack Eccles' church service?
(a) Mrs. Smith
(c) Mr. Springer
(d) Lucy Eccles
5. Why does Janice have trouble feeding Rebecca?
(a) Rebecca is not hungry
(b) Her nipple keeps coming out of her mouth
(c) Janice has very little milk left
(d) Her breasts are incredibly sore
6. Of what playground item is Nelson afraid?
(a) The monkeybars
(b) The swings
(c) The slide
(d) The sandbox
7. What reason does Harry give Ruth for leaving her to see Janice?
(a) Janice cannot take care of herself
(b) Janice is the mother of his children
(c) Janice is his wife
(d) Janice was in the hospital
8. What is the admitting nun looking for when she approaches Harry and Eccles after they have waited an hour?
(a) A Reader's Digest
(b) Her black necklace
(c) Furniture polish
(d) The father-to-be
9. What is the name of the club where Ruth and Harry go in this section?
(a) Moonlight Lounge
(b) Cher Noir
(c) Club Castanet
(d) The Running Horse
10. Whom does Harry try to call at the cafeteria atop Mt. Judge?
(a) His parents
(b) Jack Eccles
(c) Ruth Leonard
11. What psychological term does Lucy Eccles explain to Joyce after church?
12. At whose house does Rabbit sleep at the end of this section?
(b) Mrs. Springer's
(c) His parents'
13. What does Billy Fosnacht steal from Nelson Angstrom?
(a) A cookie
(b) A toy truck
(c) A kitten
(d) A ball
14. How does Harry make his way to the hospital to see his wife?
(a) He runs
(b) He takes a taxi
(c) He takes the bus
(d) Eccles drives him
15. Which part of her body does Janice always believe is her best asset?
(a) Her legs
(b) Her breasts
(c) Her lips
(d) Her hair
Short Answer Questions
1. What noise wakes Nelson in this section?
2. What is the basis for the new religion that Harry creates in his dream?
3. What is the name of the nun at the front desk of the ER?
4. Who has just called Ruth when Harry arrives?
5. What does Janice decide will help her fall asleep?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)