|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the nun at the front desk of the ER?
2. Why, according to Mrs. Angstrom, will Nelson never play basketball like Harry?
(a) He is too scared
(b) He has small hands
(c) He has weak legs
(d) He is too short
3. Whom does Harry try to call at the cafeteria atop Mt. Judge?
(a) His parents
(c) Jack Eccles
(d) Ruth Leonard
4. Who has been paying Janice's rent in Rabbit's absence?
(b) Mr. Angstrom
(d) Mr. Springer
5. According to Mrs. Spring what do Harry and Nelson Angstrom have in common?
(a) The same nose
(b) Janice loves them unconditionally
(c) They cry at the drop of a hat
(d) They are spoiled
6. According to Lucy Eccles, of what is Harry not afraid?
7. Where does Harrison brag to Rabbit that he once took Ruth for a weekend?
(a) Atlantic City
(b) Miami Beach
(c) The Poconos
8. What drink does Janice want while drugged?
(a) An old-fashioned
9. Which of the following in not among the sentiments Mr. Springer relates to Harry while Janice is sedated?
(a) The Springers will try to make Harry feel more welcome
(b) Harry can keep his job at the lot
(c) He will pay the funeral expenses
(d) Harry is not entirely to blame
10. What does Ruth try to do after Harry leaves at the end of this section?
(a) Throw up
(d) Go to sleep
11. What psychological term does Lucy Eccles explain to Joyce after church?
12. What event has taken Jack Eccles out of town when Mrs. Springer calls?
(a) A death in the family
(b) A baptism
(c) A softball game
(d) A golf tournament
13. What sound does Janice listen for as she feeds Rebecca at the beginning of this section?
(a) Harry's voice behind her
(b) Harry's car in the parking lot
(c) Harry's key in the door
(d) Harry footsteps on the stairs
14. What fictional character does Nelson pretend to be when Janice is nursing?
(a) The Shadow
(b) Howdy Doodie
(c) Mighty Mouse
15. What derogatory term does Harry use to describe Harrison's role on the basketball team?
(b) Towel boy
Short Answer Questions
1. Which part of her body does Janice always believe is her best asset?
2. With which woman has Rabbit had sex during the course of the novel?
3. Which of the following people are not at Rebecca's funeral?
4. What is the basis for the new religion that Harry creates in his dream?
5. Which of the following is not a nickname that Eccles gives to one of his parishioners?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)