|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rabbit smell on Tothero when he is awakened?
2. On what holiday do Ruth and Harry go swimming in this section?
(a) Independence Day
(b) Memorial Day
(d) Labor Day
3. As he drives, what does Rabbit recall Tothero convincing him to do more often on the court?
(a) Shoot fouls underhand
(b) Take lay-ups
(c) Run a screen
(d) Pass the ball
4. Of what city was Eccles' grandfather Bishop?
5. What television show do Janis and Harry watch?
(a) Leave it to Beaver
(b) The Mouseketeers
(c) The Evening News
(d) The Twilight Zone
6. Where is Harry's son, according to Janis?
(b) She does not know
(c) His bedroom
(d) His mother's house
7. Which of the following is not a news story that Rabbit hears on the radio while driving south?
(a) Eisenhower and Macmillan in talks at Gettysburg
(b) A little boy is hot by a car and in the hospital
(c) Speculation as to the location of the exiled Dalai Lama
(d) Senator Kennedy announces intention to run for President
8. What type of flower garden does Eccles secure Harry a job tending?
9. On what minor success does Eccles congratulate Harry during their golf game?
(a) Making par on one hole
(b) Never missing the ball with his swing
(c) Always finding his ball in the rough
(d) Not getting winded from the walking
10. What does Eccles invite Harry to do with him on Tuesday?
(a) Go bowling
(b) Go golfing
(c) Meet with Janice
(d) Have lunch
11. How does Tothero compare Ruth to Margaret?
(a) She is tanner
(b) She is older
(c) She is nicer
(d) She is fatter
12. From what television show does Rabbit admit stealing his religious analogy about the tree and the waterfall?
(a) The Mouseketeers
(c) As the World Turns
(d) The Twilight Zone
13. As he drives south, Rabbit considers what it would be like to make love to the women of what wealthy family?
(c) Du Pont
14. What does Ruth find odd about Rabbit's underpants?
(a) They look brand new
(b) They are have a paisley design
(c) They are so small
(d) They have a tear in them
15. What was Janis' maiden name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Rabbit stopped doing since beginning his gardening at Mrs. Smith's?
2. About how old was Mrs. Smith's son when he was killed in World War II?
3. In what quarter of the game does Harry completely forget about the crowd?
4. What does Ruth bring to Harry when she returns from the bathroom at the end of this section?
5. What ecstatic poet does Eccles frequently read to his daughter?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)