|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harry pick up from his mother-in-law's house?
(a) His altered suit
(b) His son
(c) His car
(d) His basketball
2. What information about his situation is Harry surprised to hear that Eccles knows?
(a) That he has quit his job
(b) That he drove as far as Maryland
(c) The address where he is staying
(d) Ruth's name
3. What was Mrs. Smith's father's profession?
(a) A banker
(b) An insurance salesman
(c) A farmer
(d) A dockworker
4. Why does Rabbit get a damp towel from the bathroom?
(a) He spills his drink on the carpet
(b) Ruth is feeling overheated
(c) He wants to wipe Ruth's face
(d) He needs to clean his shoes
5. What was Janis' maiden name?
6. Which of the following is not a city that Harry tries to avoid as he drives south?
(c) Washington, DC
7. What religious group does Lucy Eccles says she does not care if the Ferrys become?
(b) Christian Scientists
(c) Jehovah's Witnesses
8. What does Rabbit smell on Tothero when he is awakened?
9. What does Eccles call Harry after the latter suggests he is on a quest?
(a) A prodigal
(b) A fool
(c) A vagrant
(d) A prophet
10. What would Mrs. Smith tell her husband to plant rather than flowers?
(a) Apple trees
11. On what minor success does Eccles congratulate Harry during their golf game?
(a) Never missing the ball with his swing
(b) Making par on one hole
(c) Always finding his ball in the rough
(d) Not getting winded from the walking
12. In front of what building does Rabbit park his car after returning to Mt. Judge?
(a) Divinity Methodist Chapel
(b) Mt. Judge Presbyterian Hospital
(c) His mother's house
(d) Sunshine Athletic Association
13. As he drives south, Rabbit considers what it would be like to make love to the women of what wealthy family?
(b) Du Pont
14. About how old was Mrs. Smith's son when he was killed in World War II?
15. What drink do the two women and Harry all order at dinner?
(a) Shirley Temples
(b) Old Fashioneds
(c) Dirty Martinis
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eccles invite Harry to do with him on Tuesday?
2. What do Janice and Harry suspect Miss Arndt has?
3. What is Ruth reading when Harry returns to her apartment?
4. Why does Rabbit make Ruth leave the door open when she uses the toilet?
5. To what natural item does Harry silently compare Mrs. Smith's hold on his arm?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)