|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What service does Harry request of the farmer in addition to gas?
(a) Adding coolant
(b) Checking the tires
(c) Checking the oil
(d) Cleaning the windshield
2. For what ostensible expense does Harry give Ruth fifteen dollars at the end of dinner?
(a) Taxi fare
(b) Apartment utilities
(c) Car payments
3. Where on Tothero's body does Margaret strike him at dinner?
(a) His chest
(b) His arm
(c) His mouth
(d) His crotch
4. What food is left on the stove in the kitchen when Harry returns home?
(a) Baked beans
(c) Pork chops
(d) Beef stew
5. What is the only skyscraper in Brewer?
(a) A museum
(b) A courthouse
(c) An office building
(d) A luxury apartment building
6. Where does Rabbit want to leave his car?
(a) At his mother's house
(b) At his and Janice's apartment
(c) In front of the Sunshine Athletic Association
(d) In front of Ruth's building
7. Who does Harry imagine the club in his hands has become?
8. Where had Janice initially thought Rabbit was when he did not return?
(a) A pickup game
(b) The hospital
(c) Another woman's place
(d) The car wash
9. What does Eccles call Harry after the latter suggests he is on a quest?
(a) A vagrant
(b) A prophet
(c) A fool
(d) A prodigal
10. What drink do the two women and Harry all order at dinner?
(a) Shirley Temples
(c) Old Fashioneds
(d) Dirty Martinis
11. On what holiday do Ruth and Harry go swimming in this section?
(b) Independence Day
(c) Labor Day
(d) Memorial Day
12. How long has Rabbit been separated from Janice at the beginning of this section?
(a) 2 months
(b) 5 months
(c) 3 weeks
(d) 1 year
13. Which of the following is not a person that Ruth mentions at the pool when explaining why Harry thinks he has it good?
(a) Mrs. Smith
14. In what month does this section of reading take place?
15. Which of the following is not an item Harry picks up at the grocery?
(a) Orange juice
(b) French fries
(c) Lima beans
(d) Raisin bread
Short Answer Questions
1. As he drives south, Rabbit considers what it would be like to make love to the women of what wealthy family?
2. During what Catholic holy day does this section of reading take place?
3. According to Harry in the very end of the section, what will others do if you follow your heart?
4. Of what city was Eccles' grandfather Bishop?
5. How many children do the Eccleses have?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)