|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following people is not among the list of blessings Rabbit makes in the morning?
(d) Mrs. Springer
2. What type of food is a Fosnacht?
(a) A donut
(b) A wurst
(c) A cake
(d) A steamed vegetable
3. What type of flower garden does Eccles secure Harry a job tending?
4. When did Eccles last see Janice?
(a) At morning service
(b) Last week's service
(c) Last afternoon at the grocery
(d) Last night at dinner
5. What was Mrs. Smith's father's profession?
(a) An insurance salesman
(b) A banker
(c) A dockworker
(d) A farmer
6. Where does Rabbit want to leave his car?
(a) In front of Ruth's building
(b) In front of the Sunshine Athletic Association
(c) At his and Janice's apartment
(d) At his mother's house
7. What does Ruth find odd about Rabbit's underpants?
(a) They are have a paisley design
(b) They are so small
(c) They look brand new
(d) They have a tear in them
8. What does Ruth call Harry when he asks her if she is really a whore?
(a) A child
(b) A bastard
(c) A john
(d) A rat
9. What color car does Jack Eccles drive?
(c) Light blue
10. What would Mrs. Smith tell her husband to plant rather than flowers?
(d) Apple trees
11. What information about his situation is Harry surprised to hear that Eccles knows?
(a) Ruth's name
(b) That he drove as far as Maryland
(c) That he has quit his job
(d) The address where he is staying
12. Why does Rabbit get a damp towel from the bathroom?
(a) He needs to clean his shoes
(b) He spills his drink on the carpet
(c) Ruth is feeling overheated
(d) He wants to wipe Ruth's face
13. What job has Ruth taken since seeing Harry?
(b) Phoneboard operator
(c) Makeup saleswoman
(d) Hostess at a restaurant
14. What does Ruth say she used to enjoy doing?
(a) Playing softball
(b) Writing poetry
15. What is different about Ruth when Harry arrives back at her apartment?
(a) She has showered
(b) She has dyed her hair
(c) She has painted her nails
(d) She has reapplied her makeup
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a city that Harry tries to avoid as he drives south?
2. What is the only skyscraper in Brewer?
3. About how old was Mrs. Smith's son when he was killed in World War II?
4. Who does Lucy Eccles revere as a God?
5. What does Harry borrow from Tothero before they go to eat dinner?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)