|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What information does Allie tell Ruth in high school?
(a) That he loves her
(b) The answers to every test
(c) How all the boys think she is pretty
(d) Her name was written on a bathroom stall
2. Which of the following is not a city that Harry tries to avoid as he drives south?
(a) Washington, DC
3. How does Tothero compare Ruth to Margaret?
(a) She is fatter
(b) She is nicer
(c) She is older
(d) She is tanner
4. How many children do the Eccleses have?
5. What are Tothero's shelves made of?
(a) Broken chairs
(b) Boards and cinder blocks
(c) Beer crates
(d) Old wardrobes
6. What building is directly across the street from Ruth's apartment building?
(a) A fire station
(b) A retirement home
(c) A church
(d) A middle school
7. By the end of the pickup game at the beginning of the novel, how many boys are playing with Harry?
8. Which of the following is not an item Harry picks up at the grocery?
(a) French fries
(b) Lima beans
(c) Orange juice
(d) Raisin bread
9. What religious group does Lucy Eccles says she does not care if the Ferrys become?
(a) Christian Scientists
(b) Jehovah's Witnesses
10. Which of the following is not a person that Ruth mentions at the pool when explaining why Harry thinks he has it good?
(b) Mrs. Smith
11. About how old was Mrs. Smith's son when he was killed in World War II?
12. Where does Rabbit want to leave his car?
(a) At his and Janice's apartment
(b) At his mother's house
(c) In front of Ruth's building
(d) In front of the Sunshine Athletic Association
13. What type of flower garden does Eccles secure Harry a job tending?
14. On what holiday do Ruth and Harry go swimming in this section?
(a) Independence Day
(b) Labor Day
(d) Memorial Day
15. On what minor success does Eccles congratulate Harry during their golf game?
(a) Not getting winded from the walking
(b) Making par on one hole
(c) Always finding his ball in the rough
(d) Never missing the ball with his swing
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only skyscraper in Brewer?
2. What color car does Jack Eccles drive?
3. According to Harry in the very end of the section, what will others do if you follow your heart?
4. What does Ruth bring to Harry when she returns from the bathroom at the end of this section?
5. From what television show does Rabbit admit stealing his religious analogy about the tree and the waterfall?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)