|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what street does Rabbit live on in Mt. Judge?
(a) Joseph Street
(b) Potter Avenue
(c) Kegerise Street
(d) Wilbur Street
2. On what minor success does Eccles congratulate Harry during their golf game?
(a) Always finding his ball in the rough
(b) Making par on one hole
(c) Never missing the ball with his swing
(d) Not getting winded from the walking
3. What television show do Janis and Harry watch?
(a) Leave it to Beaver
(b) The Evening News
(c) The Twilight Zone
(d) The Mouseketeers
4. After Allie betrays her, where does Ruth go for sexual pleasure?
(a) Married men
(d) Older men
5. What does Ruth say is different about her sex with Rabbit?
(a) She has an orgasm
(b) He is quiet
(c) She stays awake
(d) He does all the work
6. Where does Rabbit want to leave his car?
(a) At his mother's house
(b) At his and Janice's apartment
(c) In front of Ruth's building
(d) In front of the Sunshine Athletic Association
7. Which of the following is not a news story that Rabbit hears on the radio while driving south?
(a) Senator Kennedy announces intention to run for President
(b) Eisenhower and Macmillan in talks at Gettysburg
(c) Speculation as to the location of the exiled Dalai Lama
(d) A little boy is hot by a car and in the hospital
8. In front of what building does Rabbit park his car after returning to Mt. Judge?
(a) Divinity Methodist Chapel
(b) Mt. Judge Presbyterian Hospital
(c) His mother's house
(d) Sunshine Athletic Association
9. By the end of the pickup game at the beginning of the novel, how many boys are playing with Harry?
10. What was Mrs. Smith's father's profession?
(a) An insurance salesman
(b) A dockworker
(c) A farmer
(d) A banker
11. What do Janice and Harry suspect Miss Arndt has?
(c) Chronic depression
12. What major news is Ruth scared to tell Harry in this section?
(a) She is broke
(b) Her mother has died
(c) She does not love him
(d) She is pregnant
13. Which of the following is not one of the three principal tools of the basketball player that Tothero discusses?
14. What type of food is a Fosnacht?
(a) A steamed vegetable
(b) A wurst
(c) A donut
(d) A cake
15. Why does Rabbit make Ruth leave the door open when she uses the toilet?
(a) He can't hear her with the door closed
(b) He likes to watch her
(c) He doesn't want her to put in a diaphragm
(d) He wants to make sure she washes her hands
Short Answer Questions
1. Where on Tothero's body does Margaret strike him at dinner?
2. What ecstatic poet does Eccles frequently read to his daughter?
3. What team was Harry's team playing the night the two groups shared a bottle of cider?
4. From what television show does Rabbit admit stealing his religious analogy about the tree and the waterfall?
5. What service does Harry request of the farmer in addition to gas?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)