|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what minor success does Eccles congratulate Harry during their golf game?
(a) Making par on one hole
(b) Never missing the ball with his swing
(c) Not getting winded from the walking
(d) Always finding his ball in the rough
2. About how old was Mrs. Smith's son when he was killed in World War II?
3. What information does Allie tell Ruth in high school?
(a) The answers to every test
(b) How all the boys think she is pretty
(c) Her name was written on a bathroom stall
(d) That he loves her
4. What is the only skyscraper in Brewer?
(a) An office building
(b) A luxury apartment building
(c) A museum
(d) A courthouse
5. Where is Harry's son, according to Janis?
(a) His mother's house
(c) His bedroom
(d) She does not know
6. How does Rabbit pointedly describe his marriage to Janice when speaking with Eccles?
7. What was Janis' maiden name?
8. Which of the following is not a city that Harry tries to avoid as he drives south?
(c) Washington, DC
9. Who does Harry imagine the club in his hands has become?
10. What plant does Harry suggest Mrs. Smith will have in heaven instead of rhododendrons?
11. What does Ruth find odd about Rabbit's underpants?
(a) They look brand new
(b) They are so small
(c) They have a tear in them
(d) They are have a paisley design
12. What are Tothero's shelves made of?
(a) Beer crates
(b) Old wardrobes
(c) Boards and cinder blocks
(d) Broken chairs
13. On what holiday do Ruth and Harry go swimming in this section?
(a) Labor Day
(b) Independence Day
(c) Memorial Day
14. With which religious designation does Eccles characterize his reactionary father?
(a) Eastern Orthodox
(c) Darwinian Deist
15. From what television show does Rabbit admit stealing his religious analogy about the tree and the waterfall?
(a) As the World Turns
(c) The Mouseketeers
(d) The Twilight Zone
Short Answer Questions
1. What team was Harry's team playing the night the two groups shared a bottle of cider?
2. What do Janice and Harry suspect Miss Arndt has?
3. What does Rabbit smell on Tothero when he is awakened?
4. What food is left on the stove in the kitchen when Harry returns home?
5. Why does Rabbit make Ruth leave the door open when she uses the toilet?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)