|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ruth reading when Harry returns to her apartment?
(a) A Dickens novel
(b) The newspaper
(c) A mystery novella
(d) A fashion magazine
2. In his flustered outburst at the end of this section, what does Eccles call Harry?
(a) An idiot
(b) A hedonist
(c) A sinner
(d) A coward
3. From what television show does Rabbit admit stealing his religious analogy about the tree and the waterfall?
(a) The Twilight Zone
(b) The Mouseketeers
(d) As the World Turns
4. What is the only map that the farmer has in his service station?
(a) New Jersey
(d) New York
5. How does Rabbit pointedly describe his marriage to Janice when speaking with Eccles?
6. On what street does Rabbit live on in Mt. Judge?
(a) Wilbur Street
(b) Kegerise Street
(c) Joseph Street
(d) Potter Avenue
7. What is the name of the first man with whom Ruth had sex?
8. What does Harry pick up from his mother-in-law's house?
(a) His altered suit
(b) His son
(c) His car
(d) His basketball
9. How many points does Harry say he scored in his first game under Tothero?
10. In what month does this section of reading take place?
11. What are Tothero's shelves made of?
(a) Old wardrobes
(b) Beer crates
(c) Broken chairs
(d) Boards and cinder blocks
12. What building is directly across the street from Ruth's apartment building?
(a) A church
(b) A middle school
(c) A retirement home
(d) A fire station
13. Who does Lucy Eccles revere as a God?
14. Where on Tothero's body does Margaret strike him at dinner?
(a) His chest
(b) His mouth
(c) His arm
(d) His crotch
15. What information about his situation is Harry surprised to hear that Eccles knows?
(a) That he drove as far as Maryland
(b) Ruth's name
(c) That he has quit his job
(d) The address where he is staying
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rabbit brag about having eaten Chinese food?
2. In what quarter of the game does Harry completely forget about the crowd?
3. Why does Rabbit get a damp towel from the bathroom?
4. What does Eccles invite Harry to do with him on Tuesday?
5. On what minor success does Eccles congratulate Harry during their golf game?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)