|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what natural item does Harry silently compare Mrs. Smith's hold on his arm?
(a) Moss on a tree
(b) A vine on a wall
(c) A sloth on a branch
(d) A barnacle on a ship
2. What information does Allie tell Ruth in high school?
(a) The answers to every test
(b) Her name was written on a bathroom stall
(c) How all the boys think she is pretty
(d) That he loves her
3. What is Ruth reading when Harry returns to her apartment?
(a) A mystery novella
(b) The newspaper
(c) A fashion magazine
(d) A Dickens novel
4. How does Rabbit know Ben Shamberger?
(a) From Tothero's basketball team
(b) From the Five and Dime
(c) From the army
(d) From middle school
5. As he drives, what does Rabbit recall Tothero convincing him to do more often on the court?
(a) Shoot fouls underhand
(b) Take lay-ups
(c) Pass the ball
(d) Run a screen
6. In what month does this section of reading take place?
7. What is the only skyscraper in Brewer?
(a) A museum
(b) A courthouse
(c) A luxury apartment building
(d) An office building
8. What ecstatic poet does Eccles frequently read to his daughter?
9. What does Ruth say is different about her sex with Rabbit?
(a) He does all the work
(b) He is quiet
(c) She stays awake
(d) She has an orgasm
10. Who does Harry think Lucy Eccles is when he arrives at her house?
(a) Eccles' sister
(b) Eccles' secretary
(c) Eccles' daughter
(d) Eccles' babysitter
11. What major news is Ruth scared to tell Harry in this section?
(a) She does not love him
(b) She is broke
(c) Her mother has died
(d) She is pregnant
12. In front of what building does Rabbit park his car after returning to Mt. Judge?
(a) Mt. Judge Presbyterian Hospital
(b) His mother's house
(c) Sunshine Athletic Association
(d) Divinity Methodist Chapel
13. How long has Rabbit been separated from Janice at the beginning of this section?
(a) 2 months
(b) 1 year
(c) 5 months
(d) 3 weeks
14. As he drives south, Rabbit considers what it would be like to make love to the women of what wealthy family?
(c) Du Pont
15. What was Janis' maiden name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color car does Jack Eccles drive?
2. What does Eccles call Harry after the latter suggests he is on a quest?
3. What does Harry pick up from his mother-in-law's house?
4. From what television show does Rabbit admit stealing his religious analogy about the tree and the waterfall?
5. Why does Rabbit make Ruth leave the door open when she uses the toilet?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)