|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Going into Churchtown, what slow-moving vehicle does Harry pass?
(a) A Depression-era jalopy
(b) An Amish buggy
(c) An elderly cyclist
(d) A tractor
2. Why does Rabbit get a damp towel from the bathroom?
(a) Ruth is feeling overheated
(b) He wants to wipe Ruth's face
(c) He needs to clean his shoes
(d) He spills his drink on the carpet
3. What drink is Janis drinking when Harry returns home?
(a) Scotch and Water
(b) Whiskey Sour
(c) An Old Fashioned
(d) A Shirley Temple
4. What does Rabbit smell on Tothero when he is awakened?
5. What would Mrs. Smith tell her husband to plant rather than flowers?
(d) Apple trees
6. What was Mrs. Smith's father's profession?
(a) A farmer
(b) An insurance salesman
(c) A dockworker
(d) A banker
7. Which of the following is not a movie that Harry has recently seen with Ruth?
(a) Roman Holiday
(c) Bell, Book, and Candle
(d) The Shaggy Dog
8. How does Rabbit pointedly describe his marriage to Janice when speaking with Eccles?
9. How does Tothero compare Ruth to Margaret?
(a) She is tanner
(b) She is nicer
(c) She is fatter
(d) She is older
10. What is different about Ruth when Harry arrives back at her apartment?
(a) She has showered
(b) She has dyed her hair
(c) She has painted her nails
(d) She has reapplied her makeup
11. After Allie betrays her, where does Ruth go for sexual pleasure?
(a) Married men
(c) Older men
12. In what quarter of the game does Harry completely forget about the crowd?
13. What service does Harry request of the farmer in addition to gas?
(a) Checking the oil
(b) Adding coolant
(c) Cleaning the windshield
(d) Checking the tires
14. Which of the following people is not among the list of blessings Rabbit makes in the morning?
(a) Mrs. Springer
15. What plant does Harry suggest Mrs. Smith will have in heaven instead of rhododendrons?
Short Answer Questions
1. What television show do Janis and Harry watch?
2. What does Eccles invite Harry to do with him on Tuesday?
3. What is Ruth reading when Harry returns to her apartment?
4. For what ostensible expense does Harry give Ruth fifteen dollars at the end of dinner?
5. What food is left on the stove in the kitchen when Harry returns home?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)