|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what minor success does Eccles congratulate Harry during their golf game?
(a) Never missing the ball with his swing
(b) Not getting winded from the walking
(c) Always finding his ball in the rough
(d) Making par on one hole
2. What does Ruth say she used to enjoy doing?
(b) Playing softball
(c) Writing poetry
3. What color car does Jack Eccles drive?
(c) Light blue
4. What would Mrs. Smith tell her husband to plant rather than flowers?
(c) Apple trees
5. What does Ruth bring to Harry when she returns from the bathroom at the end of this section?
(a) A pair of underpants
(b) A glass of water
(d) A cigarette
6. As he drives south, Rabbit considers what it would be like to make love to the women of what wealthy family?
(c) Du Pont
7. What does Eccles invite Harry to do with him on Tuesday?
(a) Meet with Janice
(b) Have lunch
(c) Go golfing
(d) Go bowling
8. When did Eccles last see Janice?
(a) Last night at dinner
(b) Last afternoon at the grocery
(c) At morning service
(d) Last week's service
9. With which religious designation does Eccles characterize his reactionary father?
(b) Darwinian Deist
(d) Eastern Orthodox
10. What does Ruth say is different about her sex with Rabbit?
(a) She stays awake
(b) She has an orgasm
(c) He does all the work
(d) He is quiet
11. What actress does Ruth mockingly suggest is a prostitute when they go to the movies?
(a) Grace Kelly
(b) Audrey Hepburn
(c) Kim Novak
(d) Ingrid Bergman
12. What information about his situation is Harry surprised to hear that Eccles knows?
(a) Ruth's name
(b) That he drove as far as Maryland
(c) The address where he is staying
(d) That he has quit his job
13. What does Harry pick up from his mother-in-law's house?
(a) His car
(b) His basketball
(c) His altered suit
(d) His son
14. What type of shoes does Ruth wear for her and Rabbit's walk on Mt. Judge?
(a) Dance shoes
15. On what street does Rabbit live on in Mt. Judge?
(a) Joseph Street
(b) Kegerise Street
(c) Wilbur Street
(d) Potter Avenue
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of the three principal tools of the basketball player that Tothero discusses?
2. What job has Ruth taken since seeing Harry?
3. Who does Harry imagine the club in his hands has become?
4. To what does Mrs. Smith twice compare the Bianchi that she and her husband brought in from New York?
5. Which of the following is not a person that Ruth mentions at the pool when explaining why Harry thinks he has it good?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)