|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ruth say she used to enjoy doing?
(a) Writing poetry
(b) Playing softball
2. What is the name of the first man with whom Ruth had sex?
3. In front of what building does Rabbit park his car after returning to Mt. Judge?
(a) His mother's house
(b) Mt. Judge Presbyterian Hospital
(c) Sunshine Athletic Association
(d) Divinity Methodist Chapel
4. Where on Tothero's body does Margaret strike him at dinner?
(a) His chest
(b) His arm
(c) His crotch
(d) His mouth
5. How does Tothero compare Ruth to Margaret?
(a) She is fatter
(b) She is nicer
(c) She is tanner
(d) She is older
6. What does Eccles call Harry after the latter suggests he is on a quest?
(a) A vagrant
(b) A prodigal
(c) A fool
(d) A prophet
7. How does Rabbit pointedly describe his marriage to Janice when speaking with Eccles?
8. What type of food is a Fosnacht?
(a) A donut
(b) A steamed vegetable
(c) A wurst
(d) A cake
9. During what Catholic holy day does this section of reading take place?
(a) May Day
(b) Palm Sunday
(c) Good Friday
(d) All Saints Day
10. As he drives, what does Rabbit recall Tothero convincing him to do more often on the court?
(a) Shoot fouls underhand
(b) Take lay-ups
(c) Pass the ball
(d) Run a screen
11. What inappropriate action does Rabbit take with Lucy Eccles right before her her husband enters the room?
(a) Pinches her behind
(b) Spanks her
(c) Grazes her breast
(d) Kisses her
12. What does Ruth bring to Harry when she returns from the bathroom at the end of this section?
(a) A pair of underpants
(b) A glass of water
(d) A cigarette
13. What does Harry pick up from his mother-in-law's house?
(a) His car
(b) His basketball
(c) His son
(d) His altered suit
14. In his flustered outburst at the end of this section, what does Eccles call Harry?
(a) A coward
(b) A hedonist
(c) A sinner
(d) An idiot
15. What service does Harry request of the farmer in addition to gas?
(a) Cleaning the windshield
(b) Checking the tires
(c) Adding coolant
(d) Checking the oil
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Rabbit been separated from Janice at the beginning of this section?
2. What was Janis' maiden name?
3. Which of the following is not a news story that Rabbit hears on the radio while driving south?
4. What plant does Harry suggest Mrs. Smith will have in heaven instead of rhododendrons?
5. What had Rabbit stopped doing since beginning his gardening at Mrs. Smith's?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)