|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What plant does Harry suggest Mrs. Smith will have in heaven instead of rhododendrons?
2. What had Rabbit stopped doing since beginning his gardening at Mrs. Smith's?
(a) Washing his hair
(b) Eating breakfast
(c) Wearing socks
(d) Cutting his nails
3. About how old was Mrs. Smith's son when he was killed in World War II?
4. What do Janice and Harry suspect Miss Arndt has?
(b) Chronic depression
5. As he drives south, Rabbit considers what it would be like to make love to the women of what wealthy family?
(a) Du Pont
6. What actress does Ruth mockingly suggest is a prostitute when they go to the movies?
(a) Grace Kelly
(b) Ingrid Bergman
(c) Kim Novak
(d) Audrey Hepburn
7. Who does Harry think Lucy Eccles is when he arrives at her house?
(a) Eccles' sister
(b) Eccles' daughter
(c) Eccles' babysitter
(d) Eccles' secretary
8. Which of the following is not a city that Harry tries to avoid as he drives south?
(b) Washington, DC
9. Who does Lucy Eccles revere as a God?
10. To what natural item does Harry silently compare Mrs. Smith's hold on his arm?
(a) A barnacle on a ship
(b) Moss on a tree
(c) A vine on a wall
(d) A sloth on a branch
11. On what holiday do Ruth and Harry go swimming in this section?
(b) Memorial Day
(c) Labor Day
(d) Independence Day
12. What ecstatic poet does Eccles frequently read to his daughter?
13. What inappropriate action does Rabbit take with Lucy Eccles right before her her husband enters the room?
(a) Pinches her behind
(b) Grazes her breast
(c) Spanks her
(d) Kisses her
14. Who does Harry imagine the club in his hands has become?
15. In what month does this section of reading take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. For what ostensible expense does Harry give Ruth fifteen dollars at the end of dinner?
2. What information about his situation is Harry surprised to hear that Eccles knows?
3. What is the only skyscraper in Brewer?
4. Why does Rabbit get a damp towel from the bathroom?
5. In his flustered outburst at the end of this section, what does Eccles call Harry?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)