|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eccles call Harry after the latter suggests he is on a quest?
(a) A vagrant
(b) A fool
(c) A prophet
(d) A prodigal
2. Which of the follow is not something Ruth lists as something johns get from her but not from their wives?
(c) Oral sex
(d) Dirty talk
3. What drink is Janis drinking when Harry returns home?
(a) Scotch and Water
(b) A Shirley Temple
(c) An Old Fashioned
(d) Whiskey Sour
4. Why does Rabbit make Ruth leave the door open when she uses the toilet?
(a) He likes to watch her
(b) He can't hear her with the door closed
(c) He wants to make sure she washes her hands
(d) He doesn't want her to put in a diaphragm
5. How many children do the Eccleses have?
6. What does Ruth bring to Harry when she returns from the bathroom at the end of this section?
(a) A cigarette
(c) A glass of water
(d) A pair of underpants
7. What is the name of the kitchen gadget Rabbit demonstrates?
8. According to Harry in the very end of the section, what will others do if you follow your heart?
(a) Love you for it
(b) Not especially care
(c) Revile you
(d) Pay the price
9. On what minor success does Eccles congratulate Harry during their golf game?
(a) Not getting winded from the walking
(b) Always finding his ball in the rough
(c) Making par on one hole
(d) Never missing the ball with his swing
10. From what television show does Rabbit admit stealing his religious analogy about the tree and the waterfall?
(a) As the World Turns
(b) The Twilight Zone
(d) The Mouseketeers
11. What does Harry pick up from his mother-in-law's house?
(a) His basketball
(b) His car
(c) His altered suit
(d) His son
12. How does Tothero compare Ruth to Margaret?
(a) She is older
(b) She is fatter
(c) She is tanner
(d) She is nicer
13. What does Harry borrow from Tothero before they go to eat dinner?
(a) A shirt
(b) A jacket
(d) A tie
14. What was Janis' maiden name?
15. What religious group does Lucy Eccles says she does not care if the Ferrys become?
(b) Jehovah's Witnesses
(c) Christian Scientists
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only skyscraper in Brewer?
2. What is the name of the first man with whom Ruth had sex?
3. What inappropriate action does Rabbit take with Lucy Eccles right before her her husband enters the room?
4. How does Rabbit know Ben Shamberger?
5. In what month does this section of reading take place?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)