|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where on Tothero's body does Margaret strike him at dinner?
(a) His chest
(b) His crotch
(c) His arm
(d) His mouth
2. What drink do the two women and Harry all order at dinner?
(a) Old Fashioneds
(b) Shirley Temples
(c) Dirty Martinis
3. Which of the following is not an item Harry picks up at the grocery?
(a) French fries
(b) Orange juice
(c) Lima beans
(d) Raisin bread
4. What would Mrs. Smith tell her husband to plant rather than flowers?
(c) Apple trees
5. From what television show does Rabbit admit stealing his religious analogy about the tree and the waterfall?
(b) The Mouseketeers
(c) The Twilight Zone
(d) As the World Turns
6. What is the name of the first man with whom Ruth had sex?
7. What plant does Harry suggest Mrs. Smith will have in heaven instead of rhododendrons?
8. What inappropriate action does Rabbit take with Lucy Eccles right before her her husband enters the room?
(a) Spanks her
(b) Kisses her
(c) Grazes her breast
(d) Pinches her behind
9. Of what city was Eccles' grandfather Bishop?
10. Where is Rabbit's intended destination?
11. In what month does this section of reading take place?
12. What are Tothero's shelves made of?
(a) Beer crates
(b) Old wardrobes
(c) Boards and cinder blocks
(d) Broken chairs
13. By the end of the pickup game at the beginning of the novel, how many boys are playing with Harry?
14. What does Rabbit smell on Tothero when he is awakened?
15. What building is directly across the street from Ruth's apartment building?
(a) A retirement home
(b) A fire station
(c) A church
(d) A middle school
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rabbit want to leave his car?
2. Which of the following is not a news story that Rabbit hears on the radio while driving south?
3. Which of the following is not a person that Ruth mentions at the pool when explaining why Harry thinks he has it good?
4. As he drives south, Rabbit considers what it would be like to make love to the women of what wealthy family?
5. Where had Janice initially thought Rabbit was when he did not return?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)