|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of flower garden does Eccles secure Harry a job tending?
2. To what does Mrs. Smith twice compare the Bianchi that she and her husband brought in from New York?
(a) A whore
(b) A cavalryman
(c) A swan
(d) A prince
3. During what Catholic holy day does this section of reading take place?
(a) Palm Sunday
(b) May Day
(c) Good Friday
(d) All Saints Day
4. What television show do Janis and Harry watch?
(a) The Mouseketeers
(b) Leave it to Beaver
(c) The Evening News
(d) The Twilight Zone
5. On the way to meet their girls, to what animal does Tothero compare women?
6. What major news is Ruth scared to tell Harry in this section?
(a) She does not love him
(b) She is pregnant
(c) Her mother has died
(d) She is broke
7. According to Harry in the very end of the section, what will others do if you follow your heart?
(a) Love you for it
(b) Pay the price
(c) Not especially care
(d) Revile you
8. In what quarter of the game does Harry completely forget about the crowd?
9. What would Mrs. Smith tell her husband to plant rather than flowers?
(c) Apple trees
10. In his flustered outburst at the end of this section, what does Eccles call Harry?
(a) An idiot
(b) A hedonist
(c) A sinner
(d) A coward
11. What was Mrs. Smith's father's profession?
(a) An insurance salesman
(b) A banker
(c) A farmer
(d) A dockworker
12. What information about his situation is Harry surprised to hear that Eccles knows?
(a) That he drove as far as Maryland
(b) The address where he is staying
(c) That he has quit his job
(d) Ruth's name
13. What does Rabbit smell on Tothero when he is awakened?
14. In front of what building does Rabbit park his car after returning to Mt. Judge?
(a) Sunshine Athletic Association
(b) His mother's house
(c) Divinity Methodist Chapel
(d) Mt. Judge Presbyterian Hospital
15. On what street does Rabbit live on in Mt. Judge?
(a) Potter Avenue
(b) Joseph Street
(c) Wilbur Street
(d) Kegerise Street
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of shoes does Ruth wear for her and Rabbit's walk on Mt. Judge?
2. Where does Rabbit brag about having eaten Chinese food?
3. What is the name of the first man with whom Ruth had sex?
4. What building is directly across the street from Ruth's apartment building?
5. What does Ruth say is different about her sex with Rabbit?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)