|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job has Ruth taken since seeing Harry?
(a) Hostess at a restaurant
(c) Makeup saleswoman
(d) Phoneboard operator
2. Where is Harry's son, according to Janis?
(a) His bedroom
(b) His mother's house
(d) She does not know
3. Which of the following people is not among the list of blessings Rabbit makes in the morning?
(d) Mrs. Springer
4. What religious group does Lucy Eccles says she does not care if the Ferrys become?
(b) Jehovah's Witnesses
(d) Christian Scientists
5. Where had Janice initially thought Rabbit was when he did not return?
(a) A pickup game
(b) The hospital
(c) Another woman's place
(d) The car wash
6. What food is left on the stove in the kitchen when Harry returns home?
(a) Baked beans
(b) Pork chops
(d) Beef stew
7. Who does Lucy Eccles revere as a God?
8. What had Rabbit stopped doing since beginning his gardening at Mrs. Smith's?
(a) Washing his hair
(b) Eating breakfast
(c) Cutting his nails
(d) Wearing socks
9. Of what city was Eccles' grandfather Bishop?
10. What is the only skyscraper in Brewer?
(a) An office building
(b) A courthouse
(c) A museum
(d) A luxury apartment building
11. What type of flower garden does Eccles secure Harry a job tending?
12. What does Ruth call Harry when he asks her if she is really a whore?
(a) A child
(b) A bastard
(c) A rat
(d) A john
13. What television show do Janis and Harry watch?
(a) The Evening News
(b) The Twilight Zone
(c) Leave it to Beaver
(d) The Mouseketeers
14. Which of the following is not a city that Harry tries to avoid as he drives south?
(d) Washington, DC
15. During what Catholic holy day does this section of reading take place?
(a) May Day
(b) Good Friday
(c) All Saints Day
(d) Palm Sunday
Short Answer Questions
1. After Allie betrays her, where does Ruth go for sexual pleasure?
2. What does Ruth find odd about Rabbit's underpants?
3. On what holiday do Ruth and Harry go swimming in this section?
4. With which religious designation does Eccles characterize his reactionary father?
5. Which of the following is not one of the three principal tools of the basketball player that Tothero discusses?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)