|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Eccles last see Janice?
(a) Last afternoon at the grocery
(b) Last night at dinner
(c) At morning service
(d) Last week's service
2. How many points does Harry say he scored in his first game under Tothero?
3. Where does Rabbit brag about having eaten Chinese food?
(b) Washington, DC
4. What does Eccles call Harry after the latter suggests he is on a quest?
(a) A vagrant
(b) A fool
(c) A prophet
(d) A prodigal
5. How does Tothero compare Ruth to Margaret?
(a) She is tanner
(b) She is older
(c) She is nicer
(d) She is fatter
6. What does Harry borrow from Tothero before they go to eat dinner?
(a) A tie
(b) A jacket
(d) A shirt
7. What team was Harry's team playing the night the two groups shared a bottle of cider?
(a) Pennoak High
(b) Oriole High
(c) Brewer High
(d) Allenville High
8. Which of the following is not a city that Harry tries to avoid as he drives south?
(d) Washington, DC
9. Who does Lucy Eccles revere as a God?
10. On what holiday do Ruth and Harry go swimming in this section?
(a) Memorial Day
(c) Independence Day
(d) Labor Day
11. In his flustered outburst at the end of this section, what does Eccles call Harry?
(a) A hedonist
(b) A sinner
(c) An idiot
(d) A coward
12. From what television show does Rabbit admit stealing his religious analogy about the tree and the waterfall?
(a) As the World Turns
(b) The Mouseketeers
(d) The Twilight Zone
13. What information does Allie tell Ruth in high school?
(a) How all the boys think she is pretty
(b) The answers to every test
(c) Her name was written on a bathroom stall
(d) That he loves her
14. Going into Churchtown, what slow-moving vehicle does Harry pass?
(a) A tractor
(b) An Amish buggy
(c) A Depression-era jalopy
(d) An elderly cyclist
15. In what month does this section of reading take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Harry's son, according to Janis?
2. How long has Rabbit been separated from Janice at the beginning of this section?
3. What had Rabbit stopped doing since beginning his gardening at Mrs. Smith's?
4. Why does Rabbit make Ruth leave the door open when she uses the toilet?
5. Why does Rabbit get a damp towel from the bathroom?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)