|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a person that Ruth mentions at the pool when explaining why Harry thinks he has it good?
(c) Mrs. Smith
2. What actress does Ruth mockingly suggest is a prostitute when they go to the movies?
(a) Audrey Hepburn
(b) Kim Novak
(c) Ingrid Bergman
(d) Grace Kelly
3. To what does Mrs. Smith twice compare the Bianchi that she and her husband brought in from New York?
(a) A swan
(b) A cavalryman
(c) A prince
(d) A whore
4. What building is directly across the street from Ruth's apartment building?
(a) A retirement home
(b) A church
(c) A fire station
(d) A middle school
5. What is the name of the kitchen gadget Rabbit demonstrates?
6. Which of the following is not a city that Harry tries to avoid as he drives south?
(a) Washington, DC
7. What does Ruth say she used to enjoy doing?
(a) Playing softball
(c) Writing poetry
8. How does Tothero compare Ruth to Margaret?
(a) She is fatter
(b) She is nicer
(c) She is tanner
(d) She is older
9. What drink do the two women and Harry all order at dinner?
(a) Dirty Martinis
(c) Old Fashioneds
(d) Shirley Temples
10. Where had Janice initially thought Rabbit was when he did not return?
(a) Another woman's place
(b) The hospital
(c) The car wash
(d) A pickup game
11. What had Rabbit stopped doing since beginning his gardening at Mrs. Smith's?
(a) Eating breakfast
(b) Cutting his nails
(c) Wearing socks
(d) Washing his hair
12. On what holiday do Ruth and Harry go swimming in this section?
(b) Labor Day
(c) Memorial Day
(d) Independence Day
13. About how old was Mrs. Smith's son when he was killed in World War II?
14. What is Ruth reading when Harry returns to her apartment?
(a) A fashion magazine
(b) A Dickens novel
(c) A mystery novella
(d) The newspaper
15. What does Ruth say is different about her sex with Rabbit?
(a) She has an orgasm
(b) He does all the work
(c) He is quiet
(d) She stays awake
Short Answer Questions
1. What is different about Ruth when Harry arrives back at her apartment?
2. What ecstatic poet does Eccles frequently read to his daughter?
3. Where on Tothero's body does Margaret strike him at dinner?
4. In what quarter of the game does Harry completely forget about the crowd?
5. What major news is Ruth scared to tell Harry in this section?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)