|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harry borrow from Tothero before they go to eat dinner?
(a) A jacket
(b) A tie
(d) A shirt
2. What does Ruth say she used to enjoy doing?
(c) Playing softball
(d) Writing poetry
3. What type of flower garden does Eccles secure Harry a job tending?
4. What is the name of the first man with whom Ruth had sex?
5. What are Tothero's shelves made of?
(a) Beer crates
(b) Old wardrobes
(c) Boards and cinder blocks
(d) Broken chairs
6. Going into Churchtown, what slow-moving vehicle does Harry pass?
(a) An elderly cyclist
(b) A tractor
(c) A Depression-era jalopy
(d) An Amish buggy
7. Where is Harry's son, according to Janis?
(b) His mother's house
(c) His bedroom
(d) She does not know
8. Where does Rabbit want to leave his car?
(a) At his mother's house
(b) At his and Janice's apartment
(c) In front of the Sunshine Athletic Association
(d) In front of Ruth's building
9. What drink do the two women and Harry all order at dinner?
(a) Old Fashioneds
(b) Dirty Martinis
(d) Shirley Temples
10. What does Ruth say is different about her sex with Rabbit?
(a) He does all the work
(b) He is quiet
(c) She has an orgasm
(d) She stays awake
11. Which of the following is not a city that Harry tries to avoid as he drives south?
(b) Washington, DC
12. After Allie betrays her, where does Ruth go for sexual pleasure?
(b) Married men
(c) Older men
13. Where is Rabbit's intended destination?
14. What information about his situation is Harry surprised to hear that Eccles knows?
(a) The address where he is staying
(b) That he drove as far as Maryland
(c) Ruth's name
(d) That he has quit his job
15. What type of food is a Fosnacht?
(a) A wurst
(b) A cake
(c) A steamed vegetable
(d) A donut
Short Answer Questions
1. About how old was Mrs. Smith's son when he was killed in World War II?
2. According to Harry in the very end of the section, what will others do if you follow your heart?
3. By the end of the pickup game at the beginning of the novel, how many boys are playing with Harry?
4. How many points does Harry say he scored in his first game under Tothero?
5. What food is left on the stove in the kitchen when Harry returns home?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)