Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Section 1 (through page 48) Abstract
* Harry plays basketball with a group of teenagers.
Section 2 (pages 48-84) Abstract
* Harry has a fight with Janice.
Section 3 (pages 84-109) Abstract
* Harry attempts to drive to Georgia.
* Giving up in rural Maryland, Harry returns to Mt. Judge.
* Harry sleeps outside of Sunshine Athletic Association to wait for his old coach, Tothero...
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)