|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Janet tells Queenie in Chapter 23 that she takes which action frequently?
(b) Holds her breath.
2. What type of transportation does Queenie use to reach Cassandra's house in Chapter 20?
(b) Her feet.
3. At what time of the evening is Queenie trying to leave the office in Chapter 13 when Ted pulls her into the elevator?
4. Queenie finds out in Chapter 21 that which character has filed a complaint against her at work?
5. Who turns out to be in Adi's car when Queenie leaves the office and stops to say hello to him?
(a) Adi's mother.
(b) Adi's wife.
(c) Adi's daughter.
(d) Adi's girlfriend.
6. What kind of activity is Queenie performing in Chapter 14 when New Year's Day arrives?
(c) Taking out the trash.
7. What is a feature of Ted's manner when he tells Queenie why he had failed to respond to her email from a week before?
(a) A lack of eye contact.
(b) A flirtatious grin.
(c) A scowl.
(d) A smirk.
8. What is the name of the health aide who expresses concern about Queenie's wellbeing in Chapter 17 and provides her with Janet's name and number?
9. How does Queenie move toward one of her resolutions in Chapter 15?
(a) She engages in positive self-talk.
(b) She walks halfway to work.
(c) She foregoes her cup of coffee.
(d) She writes down an idea for a story.
10. Which two words does Queenie use in Chapter 23 to describe Janet's office?
(a) Warm and inviting.
(b) Sterile and shiny.
(c) Cold and clinical.
(d) Stuffy and hot.
11. In the final passages of Chapter 24, Queenie sends a text to which character?
12. What size panties does Queenie wear, according to the passenger in Adi's car?
13. Queenie protests in Chapter 20 that she and Cassandra have been friends for nearly how many years?
14. On whom does Cassandra immediately place the blame for Guy's affair?
15. Which member of staff has left The Daily Read to work for another newspaper by the time Chapter 16 begins?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Chapter 24 begins, Queenie is turning how many years old?
2. How many weeks after Queenie's first session with Janet does she receive a letter from Janet?
3. In what type of location does Chapter 17 open?
4. What method of communication does Queenie use to tell her friends that she will be incommunicado for a while?
5. Of those who were asked to pose for the diversity photo at The Daily Read, how many refused?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)